Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV Summer 2021 Schedule; The CW Fall 2021 Premiere Dates
All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2
Chicago Fire Finally Heads to Syndication; Peacock Picks Up New Comedy Which Takes Place at a Singing Competition
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 14, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Valerie Bertinelli Cast in Comedy Pilot with Demi Lovato; Broadway Version of The Nanny in the Works
Fri-Yay: Kim's Convenience Is An Underrated Streaming Sitcom; Ted Revived as Series for Peacock

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-06-2011, 02:45 PM   #1
hostedbyrobertstack
Frequent Poster

Default UM Location Pictures Thread

So I was thinking, in many of the other posts regarding cases, we have posted images of the different locations, whether they are self-taken images, google pictures, or google streetview snapshots. Anyways, I think it is always interesting to see the locations now-a-days. Do you think it's possible to make this thread a "sticky" at the top to where everyone can post images, etc... of locations? For instance, I have images of the Perman Gilbert locations, I have found the Stanley Gryziec home on google streetview, etc... It will be a big thread, but I think it could be worth it. Hopefully everyone agrees! (PS. I know I did not post any images in this, ha!)
hostedbyrobertstack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:04 PM   #2
Gelatinous Goo
Frequent Poster

Hear, hear! I second the request.
Gelatinous Goo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:26 PM   #3
dynoguy88
Forum 3K Club Member

There's on old thread from 2 years ago that was dedicated to UM locations somewhere on here.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:58 PM   #4
dynoguy88
Forum 3K Club Member

Since I'm a Google Street View-aholic now, I'll post also post any pictures I find in this thread too.

DEBRA POE:

I found the Circle K Convenience Store that Debra Poe was abducted from. It's located near the corner of Hall Road and Aloma Avenue in Orlando. Again, the picture gets blurry when you zoom in so it's not of the best quality.

Zooming out, you can see the surrounding buildings. There's a house right next to the convenience store and an insurance company right next to the house. For some reason, I always pictured this store on a lonely highway in the middle of nowhere. Obviously I was wrong.

This last photo shows what is across the street from the convenience store. Plenty of homes fenced in. It's a nice sized residential neighborhood. Further proof that the store is right in the middle of town.

Old 02-16-2011, 01:59 PM   #5
dynoguy88
Forum 3K Club Member

BOBBIE OBERHOLTZER:

This is Hoosier Pass which is used as a scenic overlook. Bobbie's killer attempted to rape her in this parking lot.

This next photo shows you the path of Bobbie's final steps. After the killer attempted to bind her wrists inside his vehicle, she escaped from him and ran along Highway 9. The circle to the right is the south side of the parking lot where she exited and the circle to the left is where she was killed.

Going further down Highway 9, we get a closer look at the trees surrounding the spot where she ended up. This set of trees was where Bobbie hoped to hide from the killer after escaping him in the parking lot. Just on the other side of the 50 MPH speed limit sign is where she turned to run off the road.

I was able to find the cross that was placed where Bobbie's body was found. It's circled. When you zoom in on Google Street View, the picture quality gets a little blurry so it's not the best photo. But I was surprised I found the cross.

You'll notice that the cross is very close to the edge of the road suggesting she didn't make it very far. But that's not exactly where she was shot. Her tracks and blood in the snow turned around back to the road suggesting that the killer drove off right after he shot her and she tried to make it back to the road in hopes of flagging somebody down. Unfortunately, the snow banks at the time were so deep that it was next to impossible to climb back up to the road in her condition. She made it about halfway before finally losing strength and collapsing where the cross is.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:01 PM   #6
dynoguy88
Forum 3K Club Member

KURT SOVA:

Here is Susan's duplex on Harvard Avenue in Newburgh Heights.

The fence where Kurt's friend supposedly left him to go back inside and get his jacket is still to the left side of the house.

Just down the street on Harvard Avenue is this old building. It was a J.L. Goodman furniture store at the time of Kurt's death in 1981. Apparently behind this building is the ravine where Kurt's body was found.

It was stated on the UM segment that the duplex and the ravine where Kurt's body was found were just 500 yards apart. This final picture is a street view to give you a better idea of just how short of a distance it is between the two spots. The circle on the left is the house that's right next door to the duplex. The circle on the right is where the ravine is located behind the building.

Old 02-16-2011, 02:03 PM   #7
dynoguy88
Forum 3K Club Member

CINDY JAMES:

This is where it all started in October 1982. 334 East 40th Ave. in Vancouver.

Cindy rented this house for 4 months shortly after she and her husband separated. A young couple lived downstairs in the basement suite at the time. Threatening notes and the first threatening phone calls happened here. This was also the location of the first attack on January 27, 1983. Agnes Woodcock found Cindy behind the house in the basement stairwell. She had several cuts over her body and a nylon stocking was tied around her neck.

After temporarily moving back to her old house where she lived with her husband after the attack, Cindy moved in to this house at 3293 West 14th Avenue in Vancouver.

Cindy lived here for about 2 1/2 years, from April 1983 to December 1985. This is the house where 3 dead cats were thrown in both the front and back yards. Her garden was torn up. The second attack happened here on January 30, 1984. Ozzie Kaban walked out back, looked inside the window and found Cindy unconscious in the kitchen. A threatening note was pinned with a parry knife through her hand.

This was Cindy's next house located at 5400 Blundell Road in Vancouver.

Cindy rented this duplex for about a year. This was where the basement was set on fire while the Woodcocks were spending the night with Cindy. The basement window had also been broken on another occasion. Continued threating phone calls and her porch lights were uncrewed. After the fire, Cindy had an emotional breakdown and had to be hospitalized for 10 weeks. Cindy's landlord kicked her out of this house not long after.

Cindy lived at this house for the last year of her life, on 8220 Claysmith Road in Richmond.

The UM segment never reenacted the last attack but it happened here. A police officer found Cindy unconscious in her car and in the garage on October 26, 1988. She was nude from the waist down and she had been strangled with a nylon stocking again.

This is the shopping center where Cindy disappeared for the final time on No. 2 and Blundell Road in Richmond.

On May 25, 1989, Cindy bought some groceries at this shopping center and a birthday present for a family friend. She was last seen depositing her paycheck at this location. Where it says "Eve Station," is where the bank used to be. This parking lot was where Cindy's car was found with blood on the driver's side door and her credit cards were under the car.

This final picture is the approximate location where Cindy's body was found, near the corner of No. 3 and Blundell Road, about a mile from the shopping center.

The creepy looking abandoned house was torn down a couple years after Cindy's death. At the time, many new homes and businesses were being built so this is harder to recognize, but the first thing we see at the beginning of the segment when Cindy's body is being transported away.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:08 PM   #8
dynoguy88
Forum 3K Club Member

COLLEEN RITTER / RICK CHURCH:

The Ritter home is located at 209 West Greenwood Ave. in Woodstock, Illinois.

Looks like this was one of those segments where Unsolved Mysteries went to the exact location to reenact the crime. Here are screen caps from the segment...

Old 02-16-2011, 02:51 PM   #9
Steve W.
Forum Regular

good work!
Steve W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:02 PM   #10
nicoge21
Frequent Poster

How about The Whackers house?
nicoge21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:36 AM   #11
hostedbyrobertstack
Frequent Poster

From the Perman Gilbert segment in Ohio...personally taken, you will be able to see...

Mt. Orab Sign:

The "tire" that perman drives by in the segment:

Clyde's Market, where Perman was last seen and the flower shop that was connected. Is now an IGA, but you can see the structural elements above the doorway:
Old 02-18-2011, 01:38 AM   #12
hostedbyrobertstack
Frequent Poster

Finally figured out my snipping tool Here is one I found by looking at a map from an article, it is barbara jo's house....

Unsolved Segment

Street View
Old 02-18-2011, 01:44 AM   #13
hostedbyrobertstack
Frequent Poster

I am going nuts w/ the snip it tool tonight...

Stanley Gryziec's home/gas station next door. As you can see, it has changed quite a bit...they covered up a door that was on the front as well.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:48 AM   #14
hostedbyrobertstack
Frequent Poster

Last one for the night...

Sova home from the segment:

streetview:
Old 02-18-2011, 10:13 AM   #15
sdb4884
UM Meme Guy

Legendary stuff!

If you could retrace the Michael Rosenblum scenes that would be magnificent also.
sdb4884 is offline   Reply With Quote