Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Master of None Pivots Genres in Season 3; Highway to Heaven Event Movies Coming to Lifetime; Remembering Frank Bonner of WKRP in Cincinnati
Antenna TV Summer 2021 Schedule; The CW Fall 2021 Premiere Dates
All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2
Chicago Fire Finally Heads to Syndication; Peacock Picks Up New Comedy Which Takes Place at a Singing Competition
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 14, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Valerie Bertinelli Cast in Comedy Pilot with Demi Lovato; Broadway Version of The Nanny in the Works

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-22-2010, 11:01 AM   #106
Rabbitman
Occasional Poster

i know its possible that she just fell in, i guess it's just my personal experience on ships and never dealing with anybody falling over that makes me skeptical and think there was foul play.

none of us know that sailor, so we dont know the real story, but from my military experience if your in an area you aren't supposed to be, you dont come forward. and he did say he didnt know about amy bradleys case until some time after, so that was another reason for coming forward about it late.

and as for making up a story to look cool, nobody who is trying to look cool tells stories about being in brothels.
Rabbitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:06 AM   #107
Rabbitman
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocytus
Let's see:

1) There was probably news coverage, fliers, posters, police questionings,etc concerning Ms. Bradley around the area after her disappearance. Given that the economy of the island depends on tourists, it's very likely that everybody on the island had heard of Ms. Bradley and had taken part in a discussion of her at least once.

This woman (if she exists) could have heard of it from numerous sources and simply have been trying to be "funny" or may have been mentally ill, high or drunk and have just repeated what she heard, w/ her being the "star" of the show.

2) The sailor may have heard the same stories or seen the missing posters and concocted his story simply to draw attention to himself. That happens more times that people care to admit and has caused numerous investigations to waste valuable time chasing false "leads."

I find it odd that no one else can corroborate the sailor's story, This woman would have had to tell more than one person the same story and yet only he remembers it?
Hmm...
thats a good point about the girl not telling anyone but the sailor, and no one to corroborate his story.

You could also just as easily assume she has told people, and being the general type of people that would go to a brothel, they just didnt care.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:34 AM   #108
cocytus
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitman
thats a good point about the girl not telling anyone but the sailor, and no one to corroborate his story.

You could also just as easily assume she has told people, and being the general type of people that would go to a brothel, they just didnt care.
While I personally don't visit brothels and wouldn't care for one being in my neighborhood (primarily due to the accompanying crime and traffic issues) I wouldn't make moral judgments against people that do.Brothels serve a purpose, however unpleasant for some people that fact may be. If they didn't, they wouldn't exist.

Having someone in a your brothel (especially on an island) telling your customers that she's a missing American tourist would have to be "bad for business." In fact, so bad, that it would be unlikely that you would use this woman in an area where she would have contact w/ Americans.

Could that have been Amy Bradley? Possibly...but given the intensive search conducted by the family and all of the news coverage, it's unlikely that it was. If she was being held against her will by the owners of the brothel for some reason, then the unwanted attention and publicity would have made it impossible to continue to hold her and they would have simply gotten rid of her.

Since the sailor is only person claiming to have seen/heard this "confession" you'd have to treat his statements w/ a strong amount of skepticism. Especially since he had no photos nor video of the incident.
cocytus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 12:02 PM   #109
Rabbitman
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocytus
While I personally don't visit brothels and wouldn't care for one being in my neighborhood (primarily due to the accompanying crime and traffic issues) I wouldn't make moral judgments against people that do.Brothels serve a purpose, however unpleasant for some people that fact may be. If they didn't, they wouldn't exist.

Having someone in a your brothel (especially on an island) telling your customers that she's a missing American tourist would have to be "bad for business." In fact, so bad, that it would be unlikely that you would use this woman in an area where she would have contact w/ Americans.

Could that have been Amy Bradley? Possibly...but given the intensive search conducted by the family and all of the news coverage, it's unlikely that it was. If she was being held against her will by the owners of the brothel for some reason, then the unwanted attention and publicity would have made it impossible to continue to hold her and they would have simply gotten rid of her.

Since the sailor is only person claiming to have seen/heard this "confession" you'd have to treat his statements w/ a strong amount of skepticism. Especially since he had no photos nor video of the incident.
No moral judgements here. But theres still a type that usually frequents brothels(like you said above, you wouldnt want one in your neigborhood for crime issues) and i think its possible that some people just didnt put any thought into a girl asking for help, or she saw a white sailor who looked military and had a chance to ask for help.

I've agreed with you before, these people, or slave traders, wouldn't want to use an american girl, because that would draw attention to them. I think if she was put into the sex trade, she has been done away with by now, sadly, from the publicity and just not having use for her anymore. I dont think that having the pictures (if it was her) on Dr. Phil helped at all either. I do think that there is much more to this case than a girl drunk and falling overboard, there is just too many odd accounts and things going on for me to believe that.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:00 PM   #110
Kristin83
Occasional Poster

I always was convinced Amy Bradley was kidnapped into the sex trade. After reading the last couple of pages on this thread and seeing all your thoughts, though, I realize how unlikely that is. Yes, it's possible, but logic would say it was a suicide/accident overboard drowning. (Possibly a rape/murder by a crew member and body thrown overboard.)

I also agree the brothel story almost seems like it was just made up for shock value, as much as I would like it to be true. In either case, it's creepy.

However, what about David Carmichael, the Canadian tourist who saw Amy on a beach 6 months after her disappearance and accurately described her tatoos? He was on the Dr. Phil show and seemed genuine.
Kristin83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:20 PM   #111
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin83
I always was convinced Amy Bradley was kidnapped into the sex trade. After reading the last couple of pages on this thread and seeing all your thoughts, though, I realize how unlikely that is. Yes, it's possible, but logic would say it was a suicide/accident overboard drowning. (Possibly a rape/murder by a crew member and body thrown overboard.)

I also agree the brothel story almost seems like it was just made up for shock value, as much as I would like it to be true. In either case, it's creepy.

However, what about David Carmichael, the Canadian tourist who saw Amy on a beach 6 months after her disappearance and accurately described her tatoos? He was on the Dr. Phil show and seemed genuine.
If she were abducted and forced into prostitution, why was she parading around on a beach? And if she left on her on volition, why hasn't she contacted her family by now? Someone who was allegedly abducted does not show up on a beach and not make any attempt to get help. The beach would have been an ideal location for her to yell or signal for help. More smoke and mirrors, IMO.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:51 PM   #112
cocytus
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin83

As far Carmichael, it may be the same case as any number of supposed "sightings": he read a poster or saw a news report and either mistook another woman for Ms. Bradley or he confabulated what he read w/ what he viewed and thought he saw her.The tattoos, were probably on a poster that he had seen or maybe they had been mentioned on a news report.

Unfortunately people looking for loved ones sometimes put too much information on posters or allow the media to release too many details. This makes it easy for people to misidentify someone, or worse, lie and state that they have seen the missing person.
cocytus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:11 AM   #113
Kristin83
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
If she were abducted and forced into prostitution, why was she parading around on a beach? And if she left on her on volition, why hasn't she contacted her family by now? Someone who was allegedly abducted does not show up on a beach and not make any attempt to get help. The beach would have been an ideal location for her to yell or signal for help. More smoke and mirrors, IMO.
Supposedly she was being led by 2 men and the witness claims it looked like she wanted to say something to him, but there was terrible fear in her eyes.

I'm not sure if he knew about her at that point or not. If I remember right, when he got home from his trip he saw an America's Most Wanted episode, saw her story on TV and he called immediately.

I'm not sure what's worse, her being dead the day she went missing, or hope that she's alive but has been tortured all these years. Not too long ago I was reading her mom's Wall on Facebook, and the family is still in immense pain. I don't know how they get by day to day, not knowing.
Kristin83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 06:20 PM   #114
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up
Forum 3K Club Member

Wasn't that story of her being on the beach, with the witness describing her tattoos, eventually debunked?
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 02:54 AM   #115
rhzunam
Frequent Poster

Quote:
No moral judgements here. But theres still a type that usually frequents brothels(like you said above, you wouldnt want one in your neigborhood for crime issues) and i think its possible that some people just didnt put any thought into a girl asking for help, or she saw a white sailor who looked military and had a chance to ask for help.
What type of people frequent brothels? I really don't see the point in that judgement and not caring to help somebody in it.
rhzunam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 02:44 PM   #116
Rabbitman
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhzunam
What type of people frequent brothels? I really don't see the point in that judgement and not caring to help somebody in it.
Well, off the top of my head, people that don't give a ****.

I don't know what your talking about with the rest of your statement, so emphasize and i will respond.
Old 12-25-2010, 01:36 AM   #117
rhzunam
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Well, off the top of my head, people that don't give a ****.

I don't know what your talking about with the rest of your statement, so emphasize and i will respond.
Well you just basically responded to it. I was trying to make the case about how I don't see how you put two and two together. What basis do you have to say that people who go to brothels don't give a ****? How is that relevant or true? You seem to be making generalizations based on nothing substantial.
rhzunam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 01:56 AM   #118
Rabbitman
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhzunam
Well you just basically responded to it. I was trying to make the case about how I don't see how you put two and two together. What basis do you have to say that people who go to brothels don't give a ****? How is that relevant or true? You seem to be making generalizations based on nothing substantial.
you know what? i dont care. im not on here to argue about this. sorry if i offended you.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:35 AM   #119
Clockworkhigh
Forum Regular

To the eyewitness who claimed he saw Amy all I can say is this. He MIGHT be right. But there are people who are good genuine people that make mistakes and swear up and down they saw something that is incorrect. It's happened. What about the one woman who claimed to have seen and even talked to a girl who was missing? It wasn't her. Or the girl at the restaurant who the waitress saw with two shady characters. Maybe it was her, maybe it wasn't. But good people can be wrong too.
Clockworkhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:16 AM   #120
VikingsGal
Frequent Poster

I still believe Amy went overboard by accident. I am just not into the whole kidnapping theory. Maybe she was sitting on a rail goofing around with someone and fell in - who knows. She seemed too level headed to do that but again, people on cruises make decisions that they may not make in their regular lives.
VikingsGal is offline   Reply With Quote