Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 14, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Valerie Bertinelli Cast in Comedy Pilot with Demi Lovato; Broadway Version of The Nanny in the Works
Fri-Yay: Kim's Convenience Is An Underrated Streaming Sitcom; Ted Revived as Series for Peacock
CNN's History of the Sitcom Premieres July 11; Miracle Workers Returns to TBS for 3rd Season This Summer
Antenna TV's Bewitched Double the Darrins Father's Day Marathon; HBO Max Renews Hacks for 2nd Season
COZI TV Father's Day Marathon: Herman Munster vs. Dan Conner; Paramount+ Bolsters Offerings This Summer
Who Are You, Charlie Brown? Debuts June 25 on Apple TV+; FX, FXX and FX on Hulu Announce 8 Premieres for Summer/Early Fall

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-18-2010, 11:39 AM   #91
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

If she did in fact leave the room for whatever purpose, why was the door left open? It's not like someone broke into the room, snuck past her parents and abducted her without so much as a murmur. I was wondering why if Amy fell over by accident no one heard her screams, but if she were vomitting that would account for that IMO.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:24 PM   #92
Rabbitman
Frequent Poster

UMMMM, thats kind of my point about the security thing, quality of security is lacking, so it would be easy to get away with something.

In all my time working on ships, ive never once dealt with someone going overboard, certainly not when pulling into port, and i wasnt on a cruise ship, i was on a salvage boat, which means when we hit rough seas you actually feel it. Nobody fell in.

You said she wasn't found on the ship, wasn't found on land either, well she wasn't found in the ocean. And since they were pretty close to land, that should be easy if she went in.

Thats why we have these boards though, so we can debate about this stuff, so its all good.
Rabbitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 06:43 PM   #93
cocytus
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitman
UMMMM, thats kind of my point about the security thing, quality of security is lacking, so it would be easy to get away with something.

In all my time working on ships, ive never once dealt with someone going overboard, certainly not when pulling into port, and i wasnt on a cruise ship, i was on a salvage boat, which means when we hit rough seas you actually feel it. Nobody fell in.

You said she wasn't found on the ship, wasn't found on land either, well she wasn't found in the ocean. And since they were pretty close to land, that should be easy if she went in.

Thats why we have these boards though, so we can debate about this stuff, so its all good.
Well...as far salvage ships, I would imagine that everybody aboard was a trained sailor, deckhand, officer or mechanic right? That makes a mishap like falling overboard unlikely, unless there was a storm or somebody was careless.

She wasn't found in Caribbean because...it's a large body of water w/ varying currents, weather patterns and ample marine life. There probably wasn't a search in the water until several hours (at least) after the ship went into port and by then the body could dozens of miles away from the initial search area.

And I can imagine (actually, I have read a lot about Cuban and Haitian boat people) that most bodies of people who drown in the Caribbean (just like the ocean) are never found, unless they are relatively close to shore or in/on some type of flotation device, making the failure to discover her body very easy to understand. Especially if she was dragged into the screws.

You are correct. These boards exist to debate these things. You have your views about this and I have mine. Hopefully, Ms. Bradley is alive and this will all be speculation. Unfortunately I don't believe that's the case.
cocytus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:02 AM   #94
badcompany
Frequent Poster

Quote:

I think it's possible she fell in. My great-grandfather was in the Navy. One day he was on deck while the ship was in port. The deck was being mopped and was slippery and he fell in the water. As he tried to swim back to the surface he hit his head on the ship and was knocked unconscious and drowned. Keep in mind he was an experienced sailor, and a state champion swimmer. Anything's possible.
badcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:32 AM   #95
Rabbitman
Frequent Poster

What do you all think about the navy guy who came forward with the story in the brothel? When the girl came up to him and said her name was Amy Bradley. I don't think some random white girl in a brothel would know about her to want to drop her name. I dont know whether or not he got any money for information and what not, but i can't really see someone wanting to come forward about being in a brothel unless they were there and it happened. Whats your take?
Old 12-20-2010, 09:46 AM   #96
cocytus
Forum Regular

Quote:
What do you all think about the navy guy who came forward with the story in the brothel? When the girl came up to him and said her name was Amy Bradley. I don't think some random white girl in a brothel would know about her to want to drop her name. I dont know whether or not he got any money for information and what not, but i can't really see someone wanting to come forward about being in a brothel unless they were there and it happened. Whats your take?
Let's see:

1) The woman was drunk,high or mentally ill and was trying to fool the sailor for some unknown reason.
2) The sailor made up the entire incident for some unknown reason or reasons.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:04 AM   #97
Rabbitman
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocytus
Let's see:

1) The woman was drunk,high or mentally ill and was trying to fool the sailor for some unknown reason.
2) The sailor made up the entire incident for some unknown reason or reasons.
Thanks cactus.

I asked how would a women in a brothel (who you say is possibly mentally ill, drunk etc) know to drop the name Amy Bradley?

Why don't you provide some reasons he would make it up. Seeing as how i how already said i dont know why he would, and already stated i wasn't sure if he got any reward money for information.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:26 AM   #98
cocytus
Forum Regular

Quote:
Thanks cactus.

I asked how would a women in a brothel (who you say is possibly mentally ill, drunk etc) know to drop the name Amy Bradley?

Why don't you provide some reasons he would make it up. Seeing as how i how already said i dont know why he would, and already stated i wasn't sure if he got any reward money for information.
Let's see:

1) There was probably news coverage, fliers, posters, police questionings,etc concerning Ms. Bradley around the area after her disappearance. Given that the economy of the island depends on tourists, it's very likely that everybody on the island had heard of Ms. Bradley and had taken part in a discussion of her at least once.

This woman (if she exists) could have heard of it from numerous sources and simply have been trying to be "funny" or may have been mentally ill, high or drunk and have just repeated what she heard, w/ her being the "star" of the show.

2) The sailor may have heard the same stories or seen the missing posters and concocted his story simply to draw attention to himself. That happens more times that people care to admit and has caused numerous investigations to waste valuable time chasing false "leads."

I find it odd that no one else can corroborate the sailor's story, This woman would have had to tell more than one person the same story and yet only he remembers it?
Hmm...
Old 12-20-2010, 11:38 AM   #99
kane7474
Forum Regular

Quote:
I think its just like the woman who said she met Kari Lynn Nixon. She identified her picture and said the girl had told her that was her name. The woman really seemed to beileve in what she was saying. However it turned out Kari was killed right after going missing. The sailor could have met a girl that looked like Amy and may have had a similar name and if you think about it it"s not really that uncommon of a name.

On the families timeline of events.....

I understand how in a situation like this with your minds racing all over the place you could get things mixed up and not remember events as they actually happened. So the timing of when the bass player mentioning her being missing could be off as well as some other things. But the one event that stands out to me is when she came back to the room. The brother said she came in shortly after he did and the father says he saw her sleeping on the balcony. It would be kinda hard for both of them to have gotten mixed up on something as basic as her being in the room with them. The brother spoke to her and she said she was feeling ill and was going to stay outside in the fresh air. I dont see how he could be mixed up on that especially with the fathers story about seeing her on the balcony backs up the brothers version of events.
If it wasnt for them saying she was in the room then this case wouldnt be so unreal. It would seem she either got drunk and fell over or was abducted. However things become alot more complicated with them actually having her with them before she went missing.
To those who may think she went off the balcony where the father viewed her sleeping I would ask what your take is on the door being opened after the father had seen it was shut? Also take into account that her clothes had been changed and her cigs where gone. So it would seem that she got up early, changed clothes grabbed cigarettes and left the room. Consider you have an eyewitness that claims to see Amy that morining with the bass player. I realize this person could be mistaken but this does jive with what the father is saying concerning her leaving the room in early in the morning.
kane7474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:22 PM   #100
melskie007
Debate/laugh/Debate
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kane7474
I think its just like the woman who said she met Kari Lynn Nixon. She identified her picture and said the girl had told her that was her name. The woman really seemed to beileve in what she was saying. However it turned out Kari was killed right after going missing. The sailor could have met a girl that looked like Amy and may have had a similar name and if you think about it it"s not really that uncommon of a name.

On the families timeline of events.....

I understand how in a situation like this with your minds racing all over the place you could get things mixed up and not remember events as they actually happened. So the timing of when the bass player mentioning her being missing could be off as well as some other things. But the one event that stands out to me is when she came back to the room. The brother said she came in shortly after he did and the father says he saw her sleeping on the balcony. It would be kinda hard for both of them to have gotten mixed up on something as basic as her being in the room with them. The brother spoke to her and she said she was feeling ill and was going to stay outside in the fresh air. I dont see how he could be mixed up on that especially with the fathers story about seeing her on the balcony backs up the brothers version of events.
If it wasnt for them saying she was in the room then this case wouldnt be so unreal. It would seem she either got drunk and fell over or was abducted. However things become alot more complicated with them actually having her with them before she went missing.
To those who may think she went off the balcony where the father viewed her sleeping I would ask what your take is on the door being opened after the father had seen it was shut? Also take into account that her clothes had been changed and her cigs where gone. So it would seem that she got up early, changed clothes grabbed cigarettes and left the room. Consider you have an eyewitness that claims to see Amy that morining with the bass player. I realize this person could be mistaken but this does jive with what the father is saying concerning her leaving the room in early in the morning.
door being open, well either the father was half awake and thinks he saw the door shut or she went out briefly with the intent of coming back in. I myself have gotton back from a party, threw up, changed clothes and threw up some more..its really not hard to understand all the pieces that point to this scenerio. She was seasick, and sick from partying for a few days. As for the bass player, i doubt it..if she was extremely tired and sick and at one point her dad saw her sleeping on the balcony, sounds like the version i just gave happened. Her body was never uncovered but that isnt uncommon given the area.
melskie007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:52 PM   #101
kane7474
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by melskie007
door being open, well either the father was half awake and thinks he saw the door shut or she went out briefly with the intent of coming back in. I myself have gotton back from a party, threw up, changed clothes and threw up some more..its really not hard to understand all the pieces that point to this scenerio. She was seasick, and sick from partying for a few days. As for the bass player, i doubt it..if she was extremely tired and sick and at one point her dad saw her sleeping on the balcony, sounds like the version i just gave happened. Her body was never uncovered but that isnt uncommon given the area.
I guess it could be that she came back in the room, changed clothes, grabbed smokes then went back out on balcony, got sick again and fell over. Just wonder how high the railings are. I would think on a balcony like that it would take some real effort to go over the side.
kane7474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:20 PM   #102
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kane7474
I guess it could be that she came back in the room, changed clothes, grabbed smokes then went back out on balcony, got sick again and fell over. Just wonder how high the railings are. I would think on a balcony like that it would take some real effort to go over the side.
I think perhaps she changed her clothes into maybe her sleep clothes, then grabbed her cigarettes to have one quick smoke before she went to bed which is why she left the balcony door open. She probably figured she'd be right back in after she got done smoking so that's why she left the door open. IMO the door being open is the biggest indicator that this was an accident. Who would come in and abduct Amy from the room while her parents were inches away? And if Amy did leave on her own volition why did she feel the need to leave the door open?
Old 12-20-2010, 04:26 PM   #103
Hambone2421

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocytus
Let's see:

1) There was probably news coverage, fliers, posters, police questionings,etc concerning Ms. Bradley around the area after her disappearance. Given that the economy of the island depends on tourists, it's very likely that everybody on the island had heard of Ms. Bradley and had taken part in a discussion of her at least once.

This woman (if she exists) could have heard of it from numerous sources and simply have been trying to be "funny" or may have been mentally ill, high or drunk and have just repeated what she heard, w/ her being the "star" of the show.

2) The sailor may have heard the same stories or seen the missing posters and concocted his story simply to draw attention to himself. That happens more times that people care to admit and has caused numerous investigations to waste valuable time chasing false "leads."

I find it odd that no one else can corroborate the sailor's story, This woman would have had to tell more than one person the same story and yet only he remembers it?
Hmm...

I agree. I'm not saying that the girl who said she was Amy Bradley, isn't her, but she may be a kidnapped girl just the same. She may have heard of the story and thought that it was popular story among the public and in her attempt to escape, told this sailor that she was Amy Bradley, hoping to get out of there.
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 05:18 PM   #104
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

I don't buy the sailors story. Why wait several years to come out if you knew you had potential information that could save a woman who was basically enslaved? Even if he had a fear of getting in trouble (with his superiors, a girlfriend/wife) for being found out that he was at a brothel, couldn't he still have altered his story to paint himself in a better light? If this woman did come up to him and say, "Help I'm Amy Bradley, and American who was abducted and forced into this" he could have simply reported this to the local authorities (or any law enforcement agency for that matter) anonymously. And if he truly was embarassed about being in a brothel, when I say he could have painted himself in a better light, all he had to do was say he was cajoled into going by some friends and he didn't do anything but he had this encounter with a woman claiming to be Amy. The story just doesn't add up at all.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:43 AM   #105
melskie007
Debate/laugh/Debate
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
I don't buy the sailors story. Why wait several years to come out if you knew you had potential information that could save a woman who was basically enslaved? Even if he had a fear of getting in trouble (with his superiors, a girlfriend/wife) for being found out that he was at a brothel, couldn't he still have altered his story to paint himself in a better light? If this woman did come up to him and say, "Help I'm Amy Bradley, and American who was abducted and forced into this" he could have simply reported this to the local authorities (or any law enforcement agency for that matter) anonymously. And if he truly was embarassed about being in a brothel, when I say he could have painted himself in a better light, all he had to do was say he was cajoled into going by some friends and he didn't do anything but he had this encounter with a woman claiming to be Amy. The story just doesn't add up at all.
point in question is he's in a brothel...He made this whole story up to look cool to people in town..I remember my dad telling me once him and his brother went to a brothel when they were young and his brother came back into town and told everyone a fabricated story to look cool..yea it happens..and if he thought it was her, sure he would have gotton the authorities asap so he's just a imaginative guy..okay but i stick to amy falling over throwing up more then anything.
melskie007 is offline   Reply With Quote