Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 14, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Valerie Bertinelli Cast in Comedy Pilot with Demi Lovato; Broadway Version of The Nanny in the Works
Fri-Yay: Kim's Convenience Is An Underrated Streaming Sitcom; Ted Revived as Series for Peacock
CNN's History of the Sitcom Premieres July 11; Miracle Workers Returns to TBS for 3rd Season This Summer
Antenna TV's Bewitched Double the Darrins Father's Day Marathon; HBO Max Renews Hacks for 2nd Season
COZI TV Father's Day Marathon: Herman Munster vs. Dan Conner; Paramount+ Bolsters Offerings This Summer
Who Are You, Charlie Brown? Debuts June 25 on Apple TV+; FX, FXX and FX on Hulu Announce 8 Premieres for Summer/Early Fall

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-08-2010, 11:10 PM   #61
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

soilentgreen, I was on two cruises. Once with just my husband on Holland America's Zuiderdam and another time with my parents, my husband, and my teenage children on the Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas.

My teens were issued their own room key cards, which double as ID to get on and off the ship and to order drinks and sodas at the bars. For the kids, a fairly large hole was punched into their cards to quickly alert the bartender to the fact the child was too young to be served alcohol.

It didn't matter. My daughter was a very attractive girl, about 15 years old, and the staff continually tried to get her to order alcohol. I don't think this was a ploy to get more charges added to our bill, since my son was never once asked to upgrade his cola to a Rum and Coke drink. My husband and I were also rarely asked to order alcohol.

I can only remember the one time, when we were on the beach in Haiti (yes, Labadee is Haiti, no matter how much the cruise line and travel agent want to convince you that it's not) and the servers walked the beach all day calling out "booze for your cruise" to sell to the folks sunning on the beach. That's a common thing that doesn't target an age range. It's just a way for the cruise line to make more money. IMO, the bartenders on the ship were specifically wanting to get my daughter drunk and impaired, either to make her vulnerable or to just watch the antics of a drunk chick in a bikini.

Another device used in vacation spots is to put extra booze in just the ladies' drinks. Yet another example, while in the florida keys, my husband and I ordered pina coladas from the bartender on our beach each day. Mine was so soaked in booze that I got tipsy from just one drink. When I took a sip of hubby's drink a few times, I could barely taste the booze at all. From my experiences, I think this is a common practice, pretty much employed for the bartender's amusement, and could have been a factor in Amy's disappearance. She was young and may not have realized just how heavily saturated in alcohol that her drinks were. (Just a theory there, but I thought it was worth considering.)
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 01:49 PM   #62
soilentgreen
Forum Regular

Quote:
Another device used in vacation spots is to put extra booze in just the ladies' drinks. Yet another example, while in the florida keys, my husband and I ordered pina coladas from the bartender on our beach each day. Mine was so soaked in booze that I got tipsy from just one drink. When I took a sip of hubby's drink a few times, I could barely taste the booze at all. From my experiences, I think this is a common practice, pretty much employed for the bartender's amusement, and could have been a factor in Amy's disappearance. She was young and may not have realized just how heavily saturated in alcohol that her drinks were. (Just a theory there, but I thought it was worth considering.)
I noticed several cases on cruisebruise (including Diane Brimble's homicide resulting from GHB) involving alcohol. Mix that in with employees who, usually at worst, have been fired by one cruise line for harassing guests, only to be later hired by another line.

As far as Bradley, wasn't there a witness that saw her talking to the musician early that morning? I think it's possible she went out of her room to smoke, and encountered the employee from the previous night or someone else.
soilentgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:06 PM   #63
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by soilentgreen
As far as Bradley, wasn't there a witness that saw her talking to the musician early that morning? I think it's possible she went out of her room to smoke, and encountered the employee from the previous night or someone else.
I thought for sure that I'd read that she was seen in the company of a musician who worked on the ship. There must be something to it if both of us are remembering that detail. Seems like he went by a somewhat unusual nickname. I'll go have a look and see what I can find.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:49 PM   #64
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Amy's case is no longer on cruise bruise dot com, that I can find. They say they are in the process of changing servers and adding several years worth of information.

At amybradley dot net, I found this info:

It is known that the last person seen with Amy in the early hours of the morning was a cruise ship band member of a group known as 'Blue Orchid' by the name of 'Yellow'...and, there were other crew members who spent time with Amy, as well...Katalin (from Hungary); Eduardo Cabrito (a waiter); David Cato (a waiter); and, Patrick (a waiter).
Old 09-11-2010, 12:17 PM   #65
CharlottePoppy
Occasional Poster

Human traffickers are not discerning. These criminal organizations are based on the renewable resource model, so volume is key. They are not a particular group, they will find use for their prey. Also, it is not uncommon to hear people make accusations about the efficacy and integrity of the police involved in these cases. Regardless of these accusations, human traffickers are in business to stay. You do the math.
CharlottePoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:37 PM   #66
VikingsGal
Frequent Poster

I saw an epsiode of 20/20 about missing people and Amy Bradley was featured. Her parents have been through the wringer looking for her, including shelling out serious money to a con man who claimed to know that she was alive and where she was located. Turned out to be a hoax.

I think she has passed away but I do understand her parents thinking "Well until we see body we will keep looking."
VikingsGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:55 AM   #67
Rabbitman
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLynnS
Amy's case is no longer on cruise bruise dot com, that I can find. They say they are in the process of changing servers and adding several years worth of information.

At amybradley dot net, I found this info:

It is known that the last person seen with Amy in the early hours of the morning was a cruise ship band member of a group known as 'Blue Orchid' by the name of 'Yellow'...and, there were other crew members who spent time with Amy, as well...Katalin (from Hungary); Eduardo Cabrito (a waiter); David Cato (a waiter); and, Patrick (a waiter).
Yeah, and this DJ on the ship named Steve Croes. You can read a bit more about it and an interview with a P.I. here

http://michellesaysso.blogspot.com/2...ghting-in.html

You can see a pic of the DJ there, he looks like a real winner ( I think he was questioned in the Natalee Holloway case too)
Rabbitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:28 AM   #68
cocytus
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePoppy
Human traffickers are not discerning. These criminal organizations are based on the renewable resource model, so volume is key. They are not a particular group, they will find use for their prey. Also, it is not uncommon to hear people make accusations about the efficacy and integrity of the police involved in these cases. Regardless of these accusations, human traffickers are in business to stay. You do the math.
Really? And your source of information on this is what, poster?

Human traffickers obviously DO exist. However, the overwhelming majority exploit people that know what they are getting into (but are then surprised at the fact they are being cheated) or children. The market for educated Caucasian women that can easily escape and could cause trouble for them isn't that large.

Traffickers want young naive women, usually from rural areas that are easy to exploit and not very intelligent. Or they want woman that are experienced, but drug addicted so they are easy to control. Ms. Bradley doesn't seem to fit that "bill."

My thoughts on what might have happened:

1) Ms. Bradley fell overboard, was caught in the ship's screws and then the body was never found.
2) Ms. Bradley jumped overboard, was caught in the ship's screws and the body was never found.
3) Ms. Bradley was thrown overboard by a party, or parties, unknown, was caught in the ship's screws and the body was never found.

I put in ship's screws as they would have damaged the body and attracted fish to feed on it more quickly making finding it far more difficult to locate.

The human trafficking angle doesn't hold much "water" as if a ring were looking for a victim, getting the victim on LAND would be far easier than trying to remove her from an ocean-going vessel. Either in port or on the high seas.
cocytus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:52 AM   #69
melskie007
Debate/laugh/Debate
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokescreen
Heya,

Yeah unfortunately no - I just posted those thumbs just for a quick reference - I couldn't post the other ones 'cause they're a little too risque for this forum

You can check out the pics by going to the Wikipedia Amy Bradley entry and clicking on the link that reads: " Photographs of woman suspected to be Amy Bradley, as shown on Dr. Phil"

There are some close up of he ears, but honestly, they're too digitized to be of any real use

If I come across any sites that have (appropriate) pics with a higher resolution, I will post 'em

Or perhaps some of the other forum members have access to better pics and/ or info?
The eyes and eyebrows dont match up. I stared at both photos and you see the eyebrow a higher match with the exotic dancer and you see the symetric of the eye is shaped different. I do not believe this is Amy Bradley. I believe she fell off the ship. All evidence kinda points to this. Asleep on the balcony. Partying three nights in a row. Cicarettes are missing (whole pack). I think she got up because she felt sick as remember she mentioned she was feeling sick, and she was throwing up over the balcony and fell in! This is my theory.
melskie007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:00 AM   #70
Rabbitman
Frequent Poster

I know what your saying, cocytus, about human trafficking. Caucasian females arent in high demand because of the obvious attention they would bring.

Although I dont think you can discount the eye witness accounts like the ones that were reported, I think those people saw her.

I've worked on ships alot, its difficult to get ripped apart by a large ships rotors and such, especially when your that close to port. You have the time to swim out of the vicinity of the ship. And it's been said before, she was an experienced swimmer, they were close to port, probably not much current, i dont think she got sucked into the "screws".
Rabbitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:12 AM   #71
Killarney Rose
Forum Regular

As far as the photo angle, I don't put much credibility to that theory. Photos can be misleading. I can give you a few examples.

one day earlier this week I was watching UM and it showed the case of a missing teen from NY state(?). Her parents were convinced that they saw her in a NKOTB concert video filmed in CA. The shot was shown on UM and they were certain it was her. But the segment was updated and a guy in prison for murder confessed to killing her and with his info her body was recovered. The girl in the video was not the missing girl.

Some years ago a lady we know cut a picture from the paper of a group of high school kids and brought it to us. She thought it was our son. My MIL thought it was him when she saw it. I thought the boy looked exactly like him. But it wasn't him. If my son had been missing and I saw that picture, I would have sworn it was him.

pictures can be misleading. Especially when parents are desperate and wanting to believe their missing child is still alive.
Killarney Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:23 AM   #72
cocytus
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitman
I know what your saying, cocytus, about human trafficking. Caucasian females arent in high demand because of the obvious attention they would bring.

Although I dont think you can discount the eye witness accounts like the ones that were reported, I think those people saw her.

I've worked on ships alot, its difficult to get ripped apart by a large ships rotors and such, especially when your that close to port. You have the time to swim out of the vicinity of the ship. And it's been said before, she was an experienced swimmer, they were close to port, probably not much current, i dont think she got sucked into the "screws".
I definitely agree that it would be difficult to be caught in the screws...if you conscious. I just don't believe that in two possible scenarios that she would have been conscious (falling and hitting the water or being thrown in) and thus couldn't have avoided the screws.

And her being an "experienced swimmer" probably wouldn't count as much after a 50+ foot fall to the water, especially is she wasn't prepared for such a fall.

This case has always struck me as being an accident (or a suicide) that is being kept alive by denial on the parent's part. I can't even imagine how hard it would be to lose a child, so I can certainly empathize w/ the pain that this is causing them.

I wonder how much they need an explanation that doesn't rely on this being an accident or intentional act on their daughter's part?
cocytus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:33 AM   #73
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

RE: the white slavery angle

If it's young, white, american, blonde girls who are so highly prized by human traffickers, why does the woman in the brothel photo have black hair?

And since Amy's case is so high profile, been on many tv shows, and publicized everywhere, why would a brothel website risk bringing trouble to their business by posting a photo of a known missing american girl?
Old 12-16-2010, 12:20 PM   #74
RobinW

I found this very interesting blog from a guy who was hired to make a promotional video for the "Rapsody of the Seas" cruise ship and wound up on the exact same cruise as Amy Bradley. He has some firsthand knowledge of the situation and actually got some videotape footage of Amy dancing in the club the night she disappeared, which apparently, certain people didn't want getting out.
http://chrisfenwick.squarespace.com/...s-missing.html

I've never been on a cruise, but I've heard many people say that the railings on these ships are incredibly high and that it would be pretty much impossible for anyone to fall overboard accidentally unless they jumped or someone threw them off. Can anyone who's been on a cruise verify that?
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:26 PM   #75
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinW
I've never been on a cruise, but I've heard many people say that the railings on these ships are incredibly high and that it would be pretty much impossible for anyone to fall overboard accidentally unless they jumped or someone threw them off. Can anyone who's been on a cruise verify that?
How tall is Amy? I'm 5'6" and the railings on our balcony (from our room) were high enough that I would have had to make a conscious effort to go over the railing (unless there were extreme external forces, such as high seas, etc). There's just no way I could have accidentally gone over the rail.

My mom is 5'2" and my daughter is 5'4". They would have had to climb up onto the rail to go over.

I'm not sure about the height of the railings on the outer decks where people just go for a walk or sit in the public area deck chairs. I'm assuming that they were as high as the rails of my balcony, and that all the railings would have been at the same standard of height.

We could probably do a bit of research and find out the dimensions of the rails. EDIT: I just got out my vacation photos. My son is 6' tall. The height of the railing was above his waist, but below his chest. Even at 6' tall, it looks like it would have been hard for him to accidentally fall over the rail. In the photos I have of many other cruisers looking over the railings with their elbows resting on the top rail, it looks like the height of the rail is just below their chests.

Oh, and a lady who had cruised on our ship a couple years before us lost a large amount of money at the on board casino. She suicided by jumping over the rail and they think the gambling loss was a major part of her motive. I've also heard of several other deliberate "overboards". An elderly man in poor health cruised alone with the intention of committing suicide. He left a note in his room. I'm sure cruise bruise dot com has other examples.

I don't think Amy committed suicide or accidentally went over the rail, unless maybe she was drunk and goofing around. I feel that foul play is involved. She was a pretty young woman who was partying, socializing with new people, and since a ship is like a "closed society", it can give some people a false sense of security.