Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 14, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Valerie Bertinelli Cast in Comedy Pilot with Demi Lovato; Broadway Version of The Nanny in the Works
Fri-Yay: Kim's Convenience Is An Underrated Streaming Sitcom; Ted Revived as Series for Peacock
CNN's History of the Sitcom Premieres July 11; Miracle Workers Returns to TBS for 3rd Season This Summer
Antenna TV's Bewitched Double the Darrins Father's Day Marathon; HBO Max Renews Hacks for 2nd Season
COZI TV Father's Day Marathon: Herman Munster vs. Dan Conner; Paramount+ Bolsters Offerings This Summer
Who Are You, Charlie Brown? Debuts June 25 on Apple TV+; FX, FXX and FX on Hulu Announce 8 Premieres for Summer/Early Fall

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-04-2010, 03:56 PM   #16
Mastermind

It should be pointed out that if Amy is alive, her departure might have been voluntary.

Her life in the brothel may even be voluntary.
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 04:05 PM   #17
SageSlowdive
the real hank queen
Forum Regular

Oh god, just looked at those pictures.

Not for sure if it's her, but definitely looks like her.

Big question is, if it is her, why hasn't she tried to escape? Besides the fact she might be held against her will, it has been 15+ years, she could have had a chance somewhere.
SageSlowdive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 04:35 PM   #18
Mastermind

Quote:
Big question is, if it is her, why hasn't she tried to escape? Besides the fact she might be held against her will, it has been 15+ years, she could have had a chance somewhere.
Easier said than done.

1. you might want to look into the "Natashas", the russian slave prostitutes. There are some very good books and documentaries on the black market slave trade. The methods used to turn these women into prostitutes can be brutal and psychologically damaging.

2. The phenomenon of "Plato's cave" is something to consider. At some point life as a prostitute becomes so familiar and comfortable that any other life would be too traumatic.

3. Feelings of shame could also factor into this. Staying as a prostitute may be a form of "metaphorical suicide" for Amy.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:39 PM   #19
Kristin83
Occasional Poster

Hello all, this is my first post but I have lurked forever....

I am an avid reader of missing person cases, but Amy Bradley is the one that I'm the most frusturated by, and the one that I've read about/googled the most - anything I can get my hands on.

I've never been on a cruise - how high are the railings? Is it really that possible for someone to slip/fall off?

It does seem like her falling/slipping off and drowning (especially if she had been drinking) is the most logical explanation, but how do you explain....

-why no body found?
-the multiple sightings of her? She identified herself by name in one sighting; in another one, the witnesses accurately described her tatoos
-not to mention the pic you guys are talking about
-there was also another sketch of another possible sighting, I think in Barbados, that looks eerily like her

I noticed one poster was questioning why she hasn't managed to escape.....I'm guessing the poor souls trapped in brothels are strung out on drugs and totally brainwashed.

I was looking at her mom's facebook and it's just so sad.
Kristin83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 04:47 PM   #20
Hambone2421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin83
Hello all, this is my first post but I have lurked forever....

I am an avid reader of missing person cases, but Amy Bradley is the one that I'm the most frusturated by, and the one that I've read about/googled the most - anything I can get my hands on.

I've never been on a cruise - how high are the railings? Is it really that possible for someone to slip/fall off?

It does seem like her falling/slipping off and drowning (especially if she had been drinking) is the most logical explanation, but how do you explain....

-why no body found?
-the multiple sightings of her? She identified herself by name in one sighting; in another one, the witnesses accurately described her tatoos
-not to mention the pic you guys are talking about
-there was also another sketch of another possible sighting, I think in Barbados, that looks eerily like her

I noticed one poster was questioning why she hasn't managed to escape.....I'm guessing the poor souls trapped in brothels are strung out on drugs and totally brainwashed.

I was looking at her mom's facebook and it's just so sad.
The railings on a cruise ship are not that high. Its very easy to fall off. No body being found is very easily explained IMO. The fact is, if she fell off the boat, no one really knows where in the ocean that she fell so by the time they find the spot, her body could have already been eaten by sea creatures.

I'm always highly skeptical of "eyewitness sightings", mainly because most of them turn out to be bogus. However, the military office who said he saw her, I believe. I do think she is being held over there, but my question is, how did they get her off that boat? When I took a cruise in 2005, when we leave the boat, they make you go through a metal detector and then back in through the metal detector. I'm not sure if that same system was in place in 1998 when Amy disappeared but I believe it was. That leads me to believe that if she was taken off the ship against her will, it was most likely done by an employee of the ship who had access to another exit or "connections" that could have him easily leave the ship without having to go through the proper protocol.
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 04:59 PM   #21
Mastermind

Quote:
how did they get her off that boat
1. She may never have left the boat, in the first place.

2. A lot of it depends on how detailed this kidnapping operation was. If a crew member on the boat is involved, then there are numerous ways he could get out.

3. If Amy was "roofied up" there may have been some way they walked her off that boat as someone else.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:04 PM   #22
mattc
Forum Regular

Yeah, as much as I want to think otherwise, I too think she fell off the ship.

The only thing that makes me hesitate is the fact that someone claimed they saw her with the bass player early in the morning (after she had been seen on her balcony). If that sighting is true, and the time is correct, than it means she left the room and most likely did not fall off the balcony. This theory makes a bit of sense, since her cig pack was also never found, which led her family to believe she took the pack with her when she exited the room. It is possible that the pack somehow fell in the ocean with her, but usually (as a smoker myself), you just take a cig out of the pack and set the pack back down. Very weird case.

I agree that the other sightings, though intriguing, are pretty sketchy and just too prone to be in error. I also think the fact that a body hasn't been found is irrelevant, as entire planes and ships are not recovered if they crash into the ocean, let alone a single person. I mean, even the Titanic wasn't found for decades!!!
mattc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:23 PM   #23
icomeinpeace
Frequent Poster

I don't think she fell off. I remember seeing some kind of show, a talk show or something, and they demonstrated how difficult it was to fall off. They were talking about the Amy Bradley case specifically, and they showed how someone would have to climb up on the railing in order to fall overboard.

The photos that I've looked at recently look so much like Amy, I really do think she was taken against her will. The site I looked at had closeups of the woman posing -- her hairline, eyebrow line, and earlobe (including multiple piercings) matched Amy's exactly.

Also, weren't there witnesses who said that they actually spoke to Amy?

Maybe they were mistaken, but I think the witnesses and the photos warrant further investigation...I hope the police are looking into it.
icomeinpeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:37 PM   #24
VikingsGal
Frequent Poster

I have been on a couple cruises and I vote for the falling off the boat theory. I think she was hung over and lost her balance on the deck.
VikingsGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:41 AM   #25
Smokescreen
Frequent Poster

Quote:
1. you might want to look into the "Natashas", the russian slave prostitutes. There are some very good books and documentaries on the black market slave trade. The methods used to turn these women into prostitutes can be brutal and psychologically damaging.

2. The phenomenon of "Plato's cave" is something to consider. At some point life as a prostitute becomes so familiar and comfortable that any other life would be too traumatic.

3. Feelings of shame could also factor into this. Staying as a prostitute may be a form of "metaphorical suicide" for Amy.
Very good points Mastermind!

Quote:
I also think the fact that a body hasn't been found is irrelevant, as entire planes and ships are not recovered if they crash into the ocean, let alone a single person. I mean, even the Titanic wasn't found for decades!!!
And a tip o' the hat to Mattc!

Y'see, this is exactly why I signed up for these UM forums - I get to "meet" various people interested in cases like these and I like reading everyone's ideas/ comments

So anyhoo, I found some floor plans for "Rhapsody of the Seas"

http://www.seascanner.com/deckplan.p...+Seas&bf&dpe=2

Unfortunately, I don't know what cabin they were staying in (Perhaps one of you know?) so I'm still looking for that info

Now, I myself have never been on a cruise but Hambone and VikingsGal can attest that it would be pretty easy to fall off.

Also, I got this from the UM site:

On their third night at sea, Amy and her brother, Brad, partied long and hard. Neither returned to the family's cabin until 3:40 A.M. Amy's dad, Ron, said he woke up when she came in and said she was going to sleep on the balcony:

"She said she hadn't been feeling too well because of the motion of the boat since we left Aruba that evening. So she said she was gonna just to stay out there and get some fresh air."

The next time Ron woke up, Brad had gone to bed and Amy was asleep on the balcony:

"I could see Amy's legs from her hips down. She looks like she was resting comfortably. I dozed back off to sleep. The balcony door was closed, because if it hadn't been closed, I would have gotten up and closed it." Just 30 minutes later, according to Ron, their dream vacation turned into a nightmare:

"About 6:00am, something awoke me again. I got up, looked out on the balcony and the balcony door was open about 14-16 inches and Amy wasn't on the deck. And I had a little funny feeling at that time, because it was unlike her to be up that early in the morning."

Okay, so she had been drinking and fell asleep.. it's facts like these that make me accept she could have very easily dozed off and accidently fell off.

If that's the case, then heck, whose to say she then didn't go under the cruise ship and drowned?

Now, if that was it then I'd be 100% satisfied with that probable conclusion... however I'm only 75% convinced . Why? Well because these photos that showed up on some site for a brothel (?) (Any of you know for sure?)

The girl with the short, blonde hair is what Amy looked like near around the time she disappeared... and the girl with the long black hair is from the site

So what do you guys think? I'm on the fence about this - I mean, the two girls look the same but it might be just a unique coincidence in that two individuals could actually share near-identical features, facial structure, etc.

Now if only someone could verify who the girl with the black hair is then that would really be a big help

(FYI- I'm not even gonna attempt to solve this case or anything, there's no way I could - I'm just typing what's on my mind at the moment)
Smokescreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:40 AM   #26
Apostapler
Forum Regular

I don't think it's her. That's not her nose, and that ear doesn't match.
Apostapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:02 PM   #27
Smokescreen
Frequent Poster

Y'know - looking at the pics (on the linked website) the close up of the ears kinda do look different - it's hard to really tell, but it kinda looks like the shape is different
Old 05-06-2010, 12:43 PM   #28
Mastermind

The photos are too small.

Any larger ones or closeups of the ears and the nose?

Going to assume the hair is a wig. (regardless of whether it is Amy or not)
Old 05-06-2010, 02:03 PM   #29
Smokescreen
Frequent Poster

Heya,

Yeah unfortunately no - I just posted those thumbs just for a quick reference - I couldn't post the other ones 'cause they're a little too risque for this forum

You can check out the pics by going to the Wikipedia Amy Bradley entry and clicking on the link that reads: " Photographs of woman suspected to be Amy Bradley, as shown on Dr. Phil"

There are some close up of he ears, but honestly, they're too digitized to be of any real use

If I come across any sites that have (appropriate) pics with a higher resolution, I will post 'em

Or perhaps some of the other forum members have access to better pics and/ or info?
Old 05-06-2010, 03:19 PM   #30
Kristin83
Occasional Poster

I'm leaning towards that photo not being her. What are the chances of someone finding this photo and it actually being her?

However, the sightings, especially the ones where she identified herself by name and/or looked like she wanted to ask for help, seriously creep me out. It really kills me to think she may have been alive at least for some time after her abduction, knowing her family was desperately searching for her, but wasn't able to be rescued. It's heartbreaking.
Kristin83 is offline   Reply With Quote