Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Perfect Strangers Reboot in the Works; New Head of the Class DVD Release
Fri-Yay: Master of None Pivots Genres in Season 3; Highway to Heaven Event Movies Coming to Lifetime; Remembering Frank Bonner of WKRP in Cincinnati
Antenna TV Summer 2021 Schedule; The CW Fall 2021 Premiere Dates
All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2
Chicago Fire Finally Heads to Syndication; Peacock Picks Up New Comedy Which Takes Place at a Singing Competition
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 14, 2021)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-29-2013, 03:52 AM   #136
scc1222
Forum Regular

were the supposed pics of Amy working in a brothel fake or not? one poster sais they were;I'm confused...
scc1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:57 AM   #137
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up
Forum 3K Club Member

I don't think the brothel pictures were ever definitely debunked. IIRC the pictures of a woman with tattoos on a beach were proved to be fakes set up by someone trying to scam the family.
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:20 PM   #138
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLynnS
I don't think the brothel pictures were ever definitely debunked. IIRC the pictures of a woman with tattoos on a beach were proved to be fakes set up by someone trying to scam the family.
I've never seen the similarities that others have seen with the brothel pictures and Amy. The woman looks to be somewhat hispanic, IMO, and looks nothing like Amy.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #139
Hasho
Frequent Poster

Have you guys watched Vanished with Beth Holloway? The episode on Amy Bradley was interesting, as two witnesses said they saw Amy after she disappeared. One was a woman who says she met Amy in a bathroom in a mall. "Amy" was crying inside the bathroom, while two men stood and waited for her outside.

The next witness, a man, claimed he saw "Amy" on a beach, and she look concerned. Suddenly two men came out of nowhere and dragged her with them. It's on the forbidden site.
Hasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #140
ernmerica
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by scc1222
were the supposed pics of Amy working in a brothel fake or not? one poster sais they were;I'm confused...

I think you are mixed up.

The only alleged pictures of her were on a beach. They didn't show her face but tattoos matched. It was later learned it was a hoax in an attempt to fool the family into giving money to a scumbag fake investigator.

There was a US military member that thinks he met her in a brothel, but there was not any pictures.

EDIT: Of course theres the one from Dr Phil, but I am quite certain it is not her, FBI analyzed it, it wasn't really close
ernmerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:15 PM   #141
mikewho
Frequent Poster

I think the beach photos turned out to be a scam. The ones showed on the dr Phil show could have resembled her a little but I don't really feel like it was her but either way was hard to tell for sure.
mikewho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:01 PM   #142
88keys
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernmerica
I think you are mixed up.

The only alleged pictures of her were on a beach. They didn't show her face but tattoos matched. It was later learned it was a hoax in an attempt to fool the family into giving money to a scumbag fake investigator.

There was a US military member that thinks he met her in a brothel, but there was not any pictures.

EDIT: Of course theres the one from Dr Phil, but I am quite certain it is not her, FBI analyzed it, it wasn't really close
The ones from Dr. Phil are the brothel pictures. And I'm pretty sure the FBI said they couldn't definitively say that the photos weren't Amy.
88keys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:50 AM   #143
scc1222
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88keys
The ones from Dr. Phil are the brothel pictures. And I'm pretty sure the FBI said they couldn't definitively say that the photos weren't Amy.
that's what I recall as well.It certainly does look like it could be her,imo.and that she was positioned to hide her tattoos.
scc1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:15 PM   #144
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up
Forum 3K Club Member

Posted my opinion regarding this book in another thread here: http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...5&postcount=31
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:58 PM   #145
mwcarolina
Frequent Poster

An odd case indeed. Did she fall off the boat? was she kidnapped and taken off the boat? is she still alive? if not, did she die on the boat or when they left or was she pushed off the boat? i think she died, likely due to some sick guy who raped and killed her and either put her over the boat or he kidnapped her and killed her later.
mwcarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:28 AM   #146
MegtheEgg86
Forum 4K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindAmy
Those who follow Amy Bradley's case should be aware of a very disappointing activity involving Amy. An X-rated, romance novel has been written based on Amy's tragic kidnapping. Alana Albertson should be ashamed of herself for writing Invincible - The Trident Code. She has copied the tragic story of Amy Bradley, an American woman who was kidnapped from a Royal Caribbean cruise ship in Curacao, in 1998. She uses facts and details that have come directly from Amy's case. On her website, Ms. Albertson actually admitted that she repeatedly watched documentaries about Amy's disappearance, every week for years. The Bradley family is heartbroken that Amy's story has been turned into a trashy graphic romance novel were Amy is portrayed as a prostitute, heroin addict, and the mother of a child who was the result of a rape by her pimp. Please do not purchase this book and please do not allow Ms. Albertson to profit from Amy Bradley's tragic kidnapping. Amy's case remains an open investigation with the US Justice Department. Shame on Alana Albertson.
I agree in full.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 12:39 PM   #147
Spark Of Spirit
Forum Regular

This review seems to lay it all out.

Odd that most people decided to down-vote the review and ignore the central point, though.
A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.
― G.K. Chesterton
Spark Of Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 10:47 PM   #148
mikewho
Frequent Poster

I can see the resemblance more now with the merged pics than i saw before. This case definitely needs to be solved.
mikewho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:29 PM   #149
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Forum Veteran

I'm not being flippant when I ask this, but what exactly would the purpose be to transport Amy from country to country, especially back to the United States? Wouldn't this be an extremely difficult thing to accomplish, considering she would need multiple fake passports, not to mention (on her return to the US) had a huge opportunity to scream she was kidnapped and she was Amy Bradley (at an airport full of TSA agents and the general public)? If the goal of these men was to abduct an American woman to be sold into a sex slave ring, what are the odds that Amy would be fully cooperative and never once try to escape? I get that she could have been drugged to get her off the boat, but eventually the drugs would have wore off and she could have become extremely frantic and been kicking, screaming, and clawing at her "captors" in an attempt to escape...doesn't this seem like an awful lot of trouble to go through? How would these people know they would be able to manipulate, and in effect, brainwash Amy into submission? Especially if these were the same men who tried coaxing her into going to a nightclub once the boat docked. She flat out rebuffed them. She doesn't seem like the type of woman who would be easily manipulated, let alone accept her fate in a slave ring without a fight. JMO of course, but I think the whole idea of her being sold into some sort of slave ring is rather silly.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:23 PM   #150
88keys
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
I'm not being flippant when I ask this, but what exactly would the purpose be to transport Amy from country to country, especially back to the United States? .
I've debated over whether or not I should bring this up because I honestly don't want to stir up a lot of drama. But I think you all should know that "Find Amy" claims to be an insider who is connected to the Bradley family (she has never said how she is connected to them specifically). At least, that is what she claimed over on Websleuths. They listed her as a Verified Insider. Find Amy claims that Amy was taken for some special purpose, but when pressed, she will not tell us what that purpose is. And most of our suggestions (prostitution, drug mule, child bearing) are shot down by her. Find Amy also left WS because she claimed that the men who took Amy were watching the board and trying to get to her. WS later shut the thread down completely for over a year when some of us began to doubt the claims of this "verified insider." (Because WS can't have anyone questioning their ways, you know ). Find Amy has also been banned from Justice Quest, but I do not know the reason behind that.

Personally I believed her and her supposed info at first, but now I have my doubts. I think she is someone who makes the rounds wherever this case is discussed to garner more attention for herself. I may be completely wrong about that, and I apologize if so, but I would caution you all to take the info she gives out with a grain of salt. I've come to doubt the convoluted theory that Amy was drugged, taken off the ship (maybe in a laundry cart), sold into prostitution, held and humiliated, and taken to several different countries. I think the real answer is probably much more simple than that.

I do think the guy called "Yellow" is suspicious. On WS, it has been theorized that maybe he drugged her when she went up ship to get coffee and she overdosed. Or maybe they struggled and he accidentally killed her and her body was either hidden on board or thrown overboard.

It has also been theorized that Amy left of her own accord. I'm starting to entertain that possibility in my mind (I was literally lying in bed thinking about this case last night).
88keys is offline   Reply With Quote