Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 14, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Valerie Bertinelli Cast in Comedy Pilot with Demi Lovato; Broadway Version of The Nanny in the Works
Fri-Yay: Kim's Convenience Is An Underrated Streaming Sitcom; Ted Revived as Series for Peacock
CNN's History of the Sitcom Premieres July 11; Miracle Workers Returns to TBS for 3rd Season This Summer
Antenna TV's Bewitched Double the Darrins Father's Day Marathon; HBO Max Renews Hacks for 2nd Season
COZI TV Father's Day Marathon: Herman Munster vs. Dan Conner; Paramount+ Bolsters Offerings This Summer
Who Are You, Charlie Brown? Debuts June 25 on Apple TV+; FX, FXX and FX on Hulu Announce 8 Premieres for Summer/Early Fall

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-16-2010, 07:37 PM   #31
n8riley
Frequent Poster

-=Bump=-
Let get real here in the "Not my Son" Suicides there are discrepancies like he was cold when we got home but the police said he had just died its small things. In this case it is not a small series discrepancies the man is identified by a security guard who saw him two or three times and the body he saw was rotten so combine the two and any ID is suspect. Mr. Tondval curiously say what he want done with his body he wants it cremated this is often what a husband who kills his wife done so as to get rid of all the evidence here it is done for the same reason if your killing yourself the last thing on your mind is what you want done with your body. Another thing the man is a con-artist who better to pull a scam like this. It was just another scam he used to shake the police.IDK what do you guys think a feel sorry for Mrs Berry it seems like in her later year it was one tragedy after another sad.

-Anonymous-Coworker of Annette Burnside

If Your ever on The Citizen Band or CB I go by Hot Jock!
n8riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:42 PM   #32
Kyte
The Greatest
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennessean
In the early 80's I was working in a specialty food shop in Knoxville called The Gourmet's Market and Dan Tondevold was a regular customer. I asked him about the origin of his name and he said he was Danish. I mentioned that I had a good friend from Aarhus and he said he had never heard of it. Aarhus is the second largest city in Denmark. I wonder how many Americans have never heard of Chicago?

I'm American and I know what city Aarhus is and where its from . Hell, I've never even been to Denmark.

Throughout the segment I was weary that he wasn't from where he claimed to be. To me, it was just a cover. After all, everything about him was fake. It could have been very likely that he was just an American faking an accent, or from an obscure Eastern European country.
Kyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:08 AM   #33
Kyte
The Greatest
Frequent Poster

And I have no idea why so many people here and on YouTube are debating whether or not the guy that was found dead was actually him or not. There are even people who think he did kill himself.

Its too ****ing obvious that it wasn't him. You really, really think that someone was going to let all those years manipulating, lying, and decieving go to waste? Its fishy enough that Tondevold told Ellen Berry that he was going to drive alone back to the estate, but even more so that he had her dump all her jewelry and furs in the car because it was "safer." Then when she got home all the priceless heirlooms and antiques were missing.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:05 AM   #34
elg0rd0
Just wanna play video games.
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyte
And I have no idea why so many people here and on YouTube are debating whether or not the guy that was found dead was actually him or not. There are even people who think he did kill himself.

Its too ****ing obvious that it wasn't him. You really, really think that someone was going to let all those years manipulating, lying, and decieving go to waste? Its fishy enough that Tondevold told Ellen Berry that he was going to drive alone back to the estate, but even more so that he had her dump all her jewelry and furs in the car because it was "safer." Then when she got home all the priceless heirlooms and antiques were missing.
Actually no it's not. For various reasons. The most obvious is that the detectives say that during the time before the death he was never seen in the company of anyone. The least most interesting reason is at the crime scene someone had to idtentify him. If no one did, they wouldn't have said it was Dan Toldevold.

It also depends on how long Toldevold was swindling people. He obviously knew it was getting hot when they told him the credit cards were maxed out and they required a payment. If he was to get caught (which was the likely outcome), maybe more of his past would have been revealed. Or if he wasn't Toldevold, his true identity. He had a lot to lose from being brought in to be questioned by authorities.

What I'd really like to know is if Ellen Berry was informed of him swindling her. Why did she keep him in as power of attorney? All she would have to do is call the banks, accountant, her attorney, someone within the estate to have him removed. It's easy to remove POA from someone.
elg0rd0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:15 AM   #35
sdb4884
UM Meme Guy

It seemed so obvious that he was a con-artist and yet no one questioned him being there really.
sdb4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:02 AM   #36
lilmissd
Frequent Poster

I think that Mr Tondevold is definitely alive. I don't think that's his real name either, and I don't think that Mrs. Berry was the only one he robbed, I'm sure there were more before her and since. Why would someone go through all that time, effort and trouble to steal all that money, jewels, furs & other valuable items and kill themself? Doesn't make sense! The guy obviously killed a look-a-like; probably befriended him and then killed him and passed him off as Tondevold; then assumed the guy he murdered's identity and is living the life of a king with all of Mrs. Berry's money. Im surprised that this guy didn't try to take her home, he obviously wanted to take everything she had and leave her destitute, which he did. This guy is total scum, and I hope he scam's the wrong person and they finally do him in for good!

Last edited by lilmissd; 01-14-2013 at 04:42 PM.
lilmissd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:12 PM   #37
queenofcupcakes
Strelnikov
Occasional Poster

Send a message via AIM to queenofcupcakes

I just watched this case and was wondering, didnt they say that he left a will? who were his beneficiaries? thats what i'd like to know. I'm sure he contacted them several months after the body was discovered and cremated and got "his" money back after offering a moderate amount of money to the person involved,be it a relative or what have you.
I dont doubt that he would kill himself if he thought he would be incarcerated,but the whole business with that body being found so far out and in such bad condition and that he specifically requested the body be immediately cremated..bollocks. Hes alive. He was smart enough to orchestrate this whole schmagilla then hes clever enough to come up with a way to keep it. the jerk.
queenofcupcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:14 AM   #38
sdb4884
UM Meme Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmissd
I think that Mr Tondevold is definitely alive. I don't think that's his real name either, and I don't think that Mrs. Berry was the only one he robbed, I'm sure there were more before her and after. Why would someone go through all that time, effort and trouble to steal all that money, jewels, furs & other valuable items and kill themself? Doesn't make sense! The guy obviously killed a look-a-like; probably befriended him and then killed him and passed him off as Tondevold; then assumed the guy he murdered's identity and is living the life of a king with all of Mrs. Berry's money. Im surprised that this guy didn't try to take her home, he obviously wanted to take everything she had and leave her destitute, which he did. This guy is total scum, and I hope he scam's the wrong person and they finally do him in for good!
The name Dan Tondevold came up in that Las Vegas High School Yearbook back in the 50's didn't it? it must have been his real name.
sdb4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 04:52 PM   #39
Kyte
The Greatest
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofcupcakes
I just watched this case and was wondering, didnt they say that he left a will? who were his beneficiaries? thats what i'd like to know. I'm sure he contacted them several months after the body was discovered and cremated and got "his" money back after offering a moderate amount of money to the person involved,be it a relative or what have you.
I dont doubt that he would kill himself if he thought he would be incarcerated,but the whole business with that body being found so far out and in such bad condition and that he specifically requested the body be immediately cremated..bollocks. Hes alive. He was smart enough to orchestrate this whole schmagilla then hes clever enough to come up with a way to keep it. the jerk.
All his will said was to cremate him. Funny huh?
Old 03-28-2011, 09:55 PM   #40
queenofcupcakes
Strelnikov
Occasional Poster

Send a message via AIM to queenofcupcakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmissd
The guy obviously killed a look-a-like; probably befriended him and then killed him and passed him off as Tondevold; then assumed the guy he murdered's identity and is living the life of a king with all of Mrs. Berry's money.
Ewww I didnt even think about that. He might have assumed that guys identity considering he probably passed his decomposed body off as his own.
creepy.
queenofcupcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:48 PM   #41
UMFaninMD
I love a mystery

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyRalph
Tondevold may not have been Mrs. Berry's son but they sure looked eerily similar imo.
The first thought that ran through my mind when I started watching this case and they mentioned Hugh is that perhaps he left the sanitarium, bode his time and transformed himself into Tondevold to get revenge on his mother for how his inheritance went down. Now we know that isn't the case.

BTW, like your handle CrazyRalph.
UMFaninMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:10 PM   #42
Tao
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdb4884
The name Dan Tondevold came up in that Las Vegas High School Yearbook back in the 50's didn't it? it must have been his real name.
Did they conclusively prove it was him though? Someone said earlier that Tondevold is a fairly common name in the US. Perhaps there was another guy with that name or he did grow up in Las Vegas and assumed this guy's identity because he looked similar.

I'm also disturbed about the dog part though. It would help to know if he had a dog.
Tao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:23 AM   #43
bulldawg471
Occasional Poster

yes i believe the third party was the young man Ms Berry sent to boarding school. He got kicked out due to money being taken, he had motive!!!!!! I know him as he is the father of my children, my ex husband, I do believe he had a role in this, i just have no factualy proof, tho the handwriting on the suicide note looks very similiar!!!! and he is rollin in dough some 20+ years later....hmmmmmmmm
bulldawg471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:26 AM   #44
bulldawg471
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind
1. Most likely Dan met Mrs. Berry at some function, Dan probably was stalking her and just looked for an opening to meet her and charm his way into her life.

2. Good question, I believe there may be another party that helped Tondevald with the money side of things. Perhaps the dead body is that second party.

3. This is the biggest argument against Dan being alive. If there was a a dead chauffeur, that person would most likely be missed, even if he was unmarried. Perhaps this person was a vagrant or disreputable person. Someone desperate enough to take Dan's offer.
yes I believe there is a third party...I was married to him! He was sent to boarding school by Ms.Berry and was kicked out due to lack of $. She hired him as a youngster to do yard work for her because he came from a poor family and he too reminded her of her son. She sent him to boarding school to get him out of his situation, and he was angry when he got brought home. He had motive and cried about the whole thing to my mother one night in my parents living room, I think he was telling "his version" so he could get it out to someone, but i do believe he is the missing link, i Just dont have solid proof.
bulldawg471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 12:55 PM   #45
KnoxVegas
First Time Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy5
Your all full of crap... Dan tondevold is my uncle!!! He is from vegas. He lived in santa Barbara for years.
Dan Tondevold was born in Idaho, his grandfather came to this country from Norway. He had a sister who passed in 1995, she had a daughter named Cynthia so the person on this forum known as Cindy5 could very well be his niece. He lived in Vegas and also California. He was gay and was linked to a famous british director who still lives in NY. He had a life with friends and family and yet no one talks about what they know. I wish these people would do an interview for UM so they could post an update.
KnoxVegas is offline   Reply With Quote