Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Perfect Strangers Reboot in the Works; New Head of the Class DVD Release
Fri-Yay: Master of None Pivots Genres in Season 3; Highway to Heaven Event Movies Coming to Lifetime; Remembering Frank Bonner of WKRP in Cincinnati
Antenna TV Summer 2021 Schedule; The CW Fall 2021 Premiere Dates
All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2
Chicago Fire Finally Heads to Syndication; Peacock Picks Up New Comedy Which Takes Place at a Singing Competition
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 14, 2021)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-11-2010, 09:48 PM   #31
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up
Forum 3K Club Member

For me, some of the Clinton Conspiracy list stuff is stretching the connection (I haven't read it in a long time, so please bear with me) but specifically in this case, I believe Clinton to be involved simply because he kept making it easy for that corrupt medical examiner Fahmy Malik to receive salary increases and jobs within government agencies when it was already known that the guy was worse than a hack. I need to go read that list again to refresh my memory...
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:20 PM   #32
dr.stu
Occasional Poster

Default The boys on the tracks

This case intrigued me alot, so we wrote a song about it....

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Schmac...p_178091127385
dr.stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:12 AM   #33
cocytus
Forum Regular

I don't buy the connection with the Clinton administration. It just doesn't make any sense.
Were these boys killed because of something they saw?
possibly.
Was it done on a level higher than the low-level dealers or ordered by a level higher than them?
Probably not.

This is actually one of the few segments of the show that could actually be described as being an "Unsolved Mystery."
cocytus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:04 PM   #34
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up
Forum 3K Club Member

I should clarify my comment from a few months ago. It's sounds like I'm saying Clinton is involved, but what I meant was that I believe his involvement to be limited to the fact that he continued to allow Malik to obtain salary increases and jobs within the state government after it was known that the guy was deliberately botching cases.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:49 PM   #35
owenrock
Occasional Poster

Sorry to dig up an old post, but I just watched this segment again for the first time in a long time and after reading some of the other posts and the research people have done I just have to say I think the Clinton connection is totally far fetched. I think the most believable scenario would be the boys tried to rip off a drug dealer and he killed them.

In the scenario where they walked up on a drug drop its somewhat believable up to the point where it said Henry fired his rifle. Id tend to think that an action like that and running would get you instantly shot
owenrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:39 AM   #36
1990 UM fan
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic

Another thing I find intruiging is that they mentioned in the segment that an identical situation happened 3 years before Don and Kevin were murdered. Is there any connection between the two?
1990 UM fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:20 AM   #37
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Forum Veteran

I don't buy the massive conspiracy coverup. To believe that this was a federal ran and "protected" drug drop would mean that virtually EVERYONE involved in this case (all the way down to the paramedics on the scene) are all immoral and willing to cover up the murders of two innocent boys. To believe in ANY conspiracy theory, you have to accept the fact that there's a whole myriad of other conspiracies within the main conspiracy. I'm not saying there's no such thing as corruption, because it exists everywhere. I'm just saying that it's more likely, IMO, that the "coverup" in this case is nothing more than a botched investigation where the LE agency went through great lengths to rush judgement and refuse to admit their mistakes. So in a way, yes there was a coverup involved, but I don't think it was done to protect who murdered the boys.

I think one of two things happened with Henry and Ives. One may have been them innocently stumbling onto a drug deal/drop area where they were surprised from behind by their killer/s. But the violent nature of their deaths and attempted coverup suggests otherwise, IMO. Laying the boys out on the tracks seems like a rushed, hurried decision and not to mention pretty ballsy. What would have happened had the train came around at the moment the killers were laying the boys on the tracks? And why not take the bodies out of the wooded area and dump them elsewhere? Why even kill the boys at all? What are the odds that the boys would have been able to identify the dealers? The other theory is that Henry and Ives ripped off a drug dealer and he killed them in retaliation. I believe in an old post someone said there was even a confession from the killer's ex-girlfriend who said that Henry and Ives ripped of cocaine from the drug dealer and he killed them for it. IMHO, this seems more likely due to the brutal nature of their deaths. I've always thought whoever laid them out the tracks had to have had such extreme animosity towards them to where they would let them get ran over by a 6,000 ton train, and not even bother to make sure if they were dead at the time. And I think a ripped off drug dealer would have more animosity over someone who was discovered by two unknown innocent teenage boys.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:49 AM   #38
baloony
Frequent Poster

I have always thought that the individual in the army fatigues that shot at the police officer was responsible.
baloony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:53 AM   #39
baloony
Frequent Poster

Today is the 25th anniversary of their deaths.
baloony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:49 PM   #40
marlins3
Frequent Poster

Just Finishing The Boys on the Tracks, the book written about this case. Interesting read. If Fahmy Malak was competent, the case probably could have been solved (or at least a lot of questions answered) early on. Malak's incompetence is well documented and he single-handedly kept Virginia Kelley from getting into trouble for her own incompetence as a nurse.

The Ives/Henry case is a sad one indeed.
marlins3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:52 PM   #41
marlins3
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLynnS
I should clarify my comment from a few months ago. It's sounds like I'm saying Clinton is involved, but what I meant was that I believe his involvement to be limited to the fact that he continued to allow Malik to obtain salary increases and jobs within the state government after it was known that the guy was deliberately botching cases.

Right on. The Boys on the Tracks documents this very well. Clinton was not directly involved, but he did NOTHING to investigate the murders. In some ways, his refusal to fire Malak did serve as a cover-up. He didn't try to distance himself from Malak until 1991 when it was politically expedient to do so. He refused to meet with Mrs. Ives on numerous occasions.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:56 PM   #42
marlins3
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
I don't buy the massive conspiracy coverup. To believe that this was a federal ran and "protected" drug drop would mean that virtually EVERYONE involved in this case (all the way down to the paramedics on the scene) are all immoral and willing to cover up the murders of two innocent boys. To believe in ANY conspiracy theory, you have to accept the fact that there's a whole myriad of other conspiracies within the main conspiracy. I'm not saying there's no such thing as corruption, because it exists everywhere. I'm just saying that it's more likely, IMO, that the "coverup" in this case is nothing more than a botched investigation where the LE agency went through great lengths to rush judgement and refuse to admit their mistakes. So in a way, yes there was a coverup involved, but I don't think it was done to protect who murdered the boys.

I think one of two things happened with Henry and Ives. One may have been them innocently stumbling onto a drug deal/drop area where they were surprised from behind by their killer/s. But the violent nature of their deaths and attempted coverup suggests otherwise, IMO. Laying the boys out on the tracks seems like a rushed, hurried decision and not to mention pretty ballsy. What would have happened had the train came around at the moment the killers were laying the boys on the tracks? And why not take the bodies out of the wooded area and dump them elsewhere? Why even kill the boys at all? What are the odds that the boys would have been able to identify the dealers? The other theory is that Henry and Ives ripped off a drug dealer and he killed them in retaliation. I believe in an old post someone said there was even a confession from the killer's ex-girlfriend who said that Henry and Ives ripped of cocaine from the drug dealer and he killed them for it. IMHO, this seems more likely due to the brutal nature of their deaths. I've always thought whoever laid them out the tracks had to have had such extreme animosity towards them to where they would let them get ran over by a 6,000 ton train, and not even bother to make sure if they were dead at the time. And I think a ripped off drug dealer would have more animosity over someone who was discovered by two unknown innocent teenage boys.
Again, I recommend The Boys on the Tracks. One of the most disturbing aspects of the book is the fact that Kevin's father could have potentially run over his own son if his route hadn't been changed. Larry Ives worked for the railroad company that went through Bryant. His route was the very route that Ives and Henry were laid on. Just 2 months prior to their murders, he was given a new route. I have nothing but sympathy for the Ives family and teh way they were treated by state and local governments (to include the police, Dan Harmon, etc.).
Old 08-31-2012, 10:35 PM   #43
MegtheEgg86
Forum 4K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlins3
Again, I recommend The Boys on the Tracks. One of the most disturbing aspects of the book is the fact that Kevin's father could have potentially run over his own son if his route hadn't been changed. Larry Ives worked for the railroad company that went through Bryant. His route was the very route that Ives and Henry were laid on. Just 2 months prior to their murders, he was given a new route. I have nothing but sympathy for the Ives family and teh way they were treated by state and local governments (to include the police, Dan Harmon, etc.).
I concur in full.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:39 AM   #44
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up
Forum 3K Club Member

fyi, amazon has the kindle edition of the book for $9.99

OT - I'm one of those people who likes to read real books with paper pages, but since I bought my first ever smart phone a few months ago, it came with a free kindle app and I downloaded a few free books. Very convenient for filling in some time at waiting rooms and stuff with reading a book on your phone instead of lugging around a real book or just playing cell phone solitaire.

I think I'll go ahead and get the kindle version of this book. Thanks for the recommendations everyone.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:04 PM   #45
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up
Forum 3K Club Member

Just bought the kindle version. Most reviewer complaints were about lax editing. Gonna read it now. Will share my opinions soon.