Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2
Chicago Fire Finally Heads to Syndication; Peacock Picks Up New Comedy Which Takes Place at a Singing Competition
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 14, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Valerie Bertinelli Cast in Comedy Pilot with Demi Lovato; Broadway Version of The Nanny in the Works
Fri-Yay: Kim's Convenience Is An Underrated Streaming Sitcom; Ted Revived as Series for Peacock
CNN's History of the Sitcom Premieres July 11; Miracle Workers Returns to TBS for 3rd Season This Summer

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-20-2007, 12:39 AM   #121
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

Hey nice picture CRicci. As for Rob, I never seriously suspected the guy, I just dont think he had anything to do with it. Does that mean he for sure didnt do it? Of course not. I just think the odds happen to be against it. I hope Rob is living a happy life and he is probably married and has kids by now. I would be curious if he ever joined the military?

As for Worley, I dont know, I mean maybe he isnt such a bad guy. However for him to say he is innocent, I dont know. I mean maybe he didnt have anything to do with the murder, maybe when he left Colleen Reed was really alive and McDuff took her off somewhere. However Worley certainly did nothing to stop the murder and besides that according to McDuff it was Worley's idea to rape Colleen Reed and that Worley even "picked her out" while they were driving around Austin. Heck, by Worley's own admission him and McDuff took turns between driving and raping Colleen Reed while they were driving north on I-35 out of Austin.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 10:02 AM   #122
shamac
Occasional Poster

Rob lives in Jasper. Butler is about 42 miles east of Clinton. He moved to Butler after he married.
shamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 04:19 PM   #123
longliveum
Frequent Poster

Thanks, shamac, for the update on Rob. What a horrible thing to live with. I'm glad to know he married and was able to get on with his life (as much as possible).
longliveum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 01:03 PM   #124
chet_58
Occasional Poster

What does Rob do in Jasper???? DId he also go to Montrose or was he a Clinton High School kid???? Someone said they had a yearbook, what year did Rob graduate????
chet_58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:27 PM   #125
freshwater
Frequent Poster

Short-time reader, first time poster.......

I'm not sure if this is mentioned in the 9 pages of posts here regarding this case, but I believe the Trudy Darby murder was solved. I googled her name and got something about a guy appealing his conviction in this case. I just skimmed it, but he allegedly said his brother and another guy were involved in the Darby murder. It seems unconnected to the Hammond kidnapping, IMHO.
freshwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:46 PM   #126
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshwater
Short-time reader, first time poster.......

I'm not sure if this is mentioned in the 9 pages of posts here regarding this case, but I believe the Trudy Darby murder was solved. I googled her name and got something about a guy appealing his conviction in this case. I just skimmed it, but he allegedly said his brother and another guy were involved in the Darby murder. It seems unconnected to the Hammond kidnapping, IMHO.
Welcome to the board and thanks for pointing that out. I didn't know someone had been convicted of her murder. I found that webpage you're speaking of and here is a part concerning Trudy's murder I thought you guys might want to read:

"At approximately 10:00 p.m. on January 19, 1991, Trudy Darby was working at the K & D convenience store in Macks Creek, Camden County, Missouri. Just prior to closing the store for the evening, Ms. Darby noticed a suspicious looking man standing outside the front of the store. She immediately telephoned her home and spoke to her son, Waylon Darby, whom she asked to come to the store to help her close up. That telephone call ended abruptly.
Before her son arrived to help, Trudy Darby was abducted at gun point by at least three men. Upon arriving at the store and discovering that his mother was gone, Waylon Darby called the Camden County Sheriff's Department. Trooper Jimmy Mays of the Missouri State Highway Patrol arrived at the scene and "processed" the store and surrounding area. Despite extensive search efforts that evening, Trudy Darby was not found.
On January 21, 1991, a concerned citizen heard a report from one of his neighbors that he heard a gunshot near the Little Niangua River on the night of Ms. Darby's abduction. After investigating himself and discovering what appeared to be blood and blond hair on the road near the river, the citizen contacted Deputy Crocker of the Camden County Sheriff's Department, who in turn contacted Trooper Mays, and together the two officers went to the river and investigated.
They discovered the blood, hair and a spent .38 caliber shell casing near the river. The two officers also discovered that the flow of the water in the river created a whirlpool near a bridge, and they believed that anything thrown in the river would have either stayed near the whirlpool or would have not floated very far downstream.
Next, the officers contacted the Missouri Highway Patrol and requested a helicopter search along the river. The helicopter search resulted in locating a nude female body that was about four feet under water and approximately three-quarter's of a mile downstream from where the blood, hair and shell casing were found. The body was identified as Trudy Darby.
The blood and hair found on the road near the river were later determined to match Trudy Darby's blood and hair by the Missouri State Highway Patrol Crime Laboratory.
An autopsy was performed by Dr. Jay Dix on Trudy Darby's body on January 22, 1991. Dr. Dix determined that Trudy Darby's death was caused by two gunshot wounds. The first shot entered the right side of her head creating a gutter wound across her right ear, and the bullet then lodged in her skull after traveling about one inch. The trajectory of the bullet indicated that it came from behind and to the right of the victim. The second shot entered the back of Ms. Darby's head and traveled up through her brain before coming to rest below her scalp.
The investigation into who abducted and murdered Trudy Darby revealed little until the Summer of 1994.
Between 1992 and 1993, Defendant was living with family members near Kansas City, Missouri, and during his stay there he revealed to Elizabeth Corpening that he was involved in the abduction and murder of Trudy Darby. Ms. Corpening was disturbed by this revelation but did not take it too seriously.
Thereafter, in 1993 Defendant revealed to Carl Blakely, a former neighbor of Defendant, that he was involved in the abduction and murder of Trudy Darby. However, this time Defendant's revelation was taken seriously and was reported to Trooper Mays. During the same time period, Gretchen Chastain, a former girlfriend of Defendant, also reported to Trooper Mays that Defendant had revealed to her that he was involved in the abduction and murder of Trudy Darby.
Armed with these reports, Trooper Mays had Defendant arrested. After his arrest, Defendant was interviewed by three officers. One of the officers was a juvenile officer because at the time of the murder, Defendant would have been fifteen years old. At the beginning of the interview, Defendant denied his involvement in this crime. However, later during the interview, Defendant changed his mind and revealed that he was present during the commission of the crimes. Defendant also implicated his brother and one other individual.
It appears that Defendant, together with his brother and at least one other person, arrived at the K & D convenience store on January 19, 1991, with the purpose of robbing and abducting Trudy Darby.
After entering the store and taking money from the cash register, Trudy Darby was dragged out of the store and thrown into the trunk of their automobile. Trudy Darby was then taken to a barn located near the convenience store where she was repeatedly raped and beaten by Defendant and the other persons involved. She was then shot once in the head and placed back into the trunk of their automobile. Defendant and his co-conspirators then drove to the Little Niangua River and opened the trunk and discovered that Trudy Darby was still alive. She was shot in the head again. Her body was then thrown into the river.
During Defendant's incarceration pending trial on this matter, he revealed to at least three inmates that he was involved in the abduction and murder of Trudy Darby. These three inmates each testified against Defendant.
One of the inmates was Edward Thomas, with whom Defendant became acquainted at the Fulton Diagnostic Center. Defendant was under the mistaken belief that Edward Thomas, a "jailhouse lawyer," could help him "beat" the charges pending against him. During the course of several conversations and some thirteen hand-written letters to Edward Thomas, Defendant revealed his involvement in the murder of Trudy Darby.
Thereafter, Edward Thomas turned over all the letters he received from Defendant and revealed the substance of his conversations with Defendant to the Camden County Sheriff's Department. These letters were all introduced into evidence by the prosecution during Defendant's trial.
Defendant did not testify on his own behalf at trial nor did he present any evidence on his behalf. Defendant was convicted by a jury of first degree murder and kidnapping and was sentenced to life in prison without eligibility for parole or probation."
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 04:46 PM   #127
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Wow. Thanks for posting that.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 05:17 PM   #128
freshwater
Frequent Poster

From the Missouri Dept. of Corrections website......these two guys are in prison for the murder of Trudy Darby (life sentences). They may be brothers, although they have different last names. Rush was 15 at the time of the murder, and Chaney was 29 or 30.

(see attached pictures - hopefully it works)
Attached Images

freshwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:17 PM   #129
microeconomia
Frequent Poster

Thanks for that information freshwater. Finally, justice has been done in the case concerning Ms. Darby´s horrible murder

Last edited by microeconomia; 04-18-2007 at 07:41 PM.
microeconomia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 07:50 PM   #130
kane7474
Forum Regular

Well who's to say that these guys (or atleast one of them) were not also involved in the Hammond case. They could have very well felt like they got away with the murder of Trudy Darby and decided to do it again. The crimes are so similar and happened in a close time frame, its got to be a possibility. Any thoughts?
kane7474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:20 PM   #131
kane7474
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=freshwater]From the Missouri Dept. of Corrections website......these two guys are in prison for the murder of Trudy Darby (life sentences). They may be brothers, although they have different last names. Rush was 15 at the time of the murder, and Chaney was 29 or 30.

(see attached pictures - hopefully it works)[/QUOT

Last edited by kane7474; 04-23-2007 at 09:03 PM.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:57 PM   #132
kane7474
Forum Regular

Ok I dug into this in the MO courts website. Turns out the attorney for Rush tried to file an apeal to his sentence in 1997. The reason? The judge had allowed into evidence writings by Rush where he openly admitted to committing OTHER SIMILAR crimes. Hows that for a smoking gun.

Here is a qoute from one of Rush's writings

FN1. All statutory references are to RSMo 1994, unless otherwise indicated.
FN2. For example, Defendant wrote to Edward Thomas that "I never told you about them other bitchs . . . ." With regard to some evidence, he wrote "because if it gets found by accident it can get us involved in killing them other ****ing bitchs. . . ." Furthermore, Defendant wrote "hey dog I tried to explain a little about them other bitchs I hope your not mad at me. . . ." Defendant also explained to Edward Thomas in a letter that "the cops don't even know about my brother and me killing any other bitchs except Macks Creek." Finally, Defendant wrote that "them other bitchs in my last letter to you were both like that bitch in Macks Creek we all tortured the bitchs then ****ed the dog **** out of em. . . ." These examples represent the degree of detail which Defendant referred to other crimes. All spelling and grammatical errors in these examples belong to the author of the letters, Defendant.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:34 AM   #133
chet_58
Occasional Poster

Does anyone have any clue what kind of vehicle these men were driving at the time...If this was wrote about the other "bitchs" then obviously he is referring to the Kenney lady from Nevada, MO and Angela Hammond from Clinton.
chet_58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:04 AM   #134
kane7474
Forum Regular

Im sure there is some way to do a DMV check and find out if any of them owned an older pick up truck. I don't want to get too overzealous here but Im fairly sure we have our suspects. Several people have asked how it is the driver of the truck was able to control Angela and still drive, the answer is there were actually two abductors. Does Chaney not look like the hairy bearded man that Angela described? After circling the block and picking their victim Rush may have been let out of the truck out of Angela's sight. As Chaney fiddled around in the truck distracting her Rush could have snuck up on her and they both drug her into the truck. This guy has openly said they comitted other similar crimes in regards to Trudy Darby, we know of several similar crimes in the same general area and during the same time period. What more do we need here?
Old 04-24-2007, 11:06 AM   #135
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Wowww.... again, I'm impressed with some good online sleuthing. Nice work, Kane7474!

Quick law for y'all: The reason that this guy is filing an appeal is because his writings about the "other b****es" was presumably in violation of Rule of Evidence 404(b), which stipulates that evidence of previous bad acts is not allowed to be entered against you in court, as it is extremely prejudicial. HOWEVER, the loophole to this rule is that such evidence can be entered if it establishes a pattern of behavior. Based on the language of the writings which Kane7474 has uncovered, I'm a firm believer that this writing does establish such a pattern. However, that's for an appellate judge to decide, not me.

I'm intrigued by this new development. I don't want to get too excited, either, but it is definitely plausible. I'm just sad to read that if Angela WAS abducted by these men, she was obviously raped and tortured before she was killed.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angela hammond