Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Perfect Strangers Reboot in the Works; New Head of the Class DVD Release
Fri-Yay: Master of None Pivots Genres in Season 3; Highway to Heaven Event Movies Coming to Lifetime; Remembering Frank Bonner of WKRP in Cincinnati
Antenna TV Summer 2021 Schedule; The CW Fall 2021 Premiere Dates
All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2
Chicago Fire Finally Heads to Syndication; Peacock Picks Up New Comedy Which Takes Place at a Singing Competition
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 14, 2021)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-05-2007, 01:55 AM   #46
TJ
Site Owner
Administrator
Forum Veteran

Can we please get back on topic here and drop any personal insults? Thank you.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 04:25 AM   #47
wiseguy182
Forum Veteran

Awsi had a good point recently about little real world twists. I just thought of another one for this case: Notice when Angela interrupts her conversation with Rob, and steps out of the booth to ask the guy "Do you need help with something" or something to that effect. Angela is perhaps a tad suspicious at this point, and probably said that to reaffirm herself that this was nothing to worry about. Unforunately, we all know what happened next.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:25 AM   #48
chet_58
Occasional Poster

I wish there were more details in this case.. The whole case is based off of what one person saw and tahts Rob. It seems almost impossible that someobody that was even driving in Clinton that night didnt even see the vehicle?? This is what leads everyone to believe Rob could of made the whole thing up.. I think he would of had to have an accomplice. What is Rob doing now?
chet_58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:38 AM   #49
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house
Forum 3K Club Member

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

I disagree with the accomplice theory. I tend to agree with others on the board who feel that the abductor/killer was a man who just happened to get VERY VERY lucky.

In response to the earlier post about Rob being unable to get a license plate number, didn't he say that the vehicle was dirty and that the plates were covered with mud/dirt? I'll have to rewatch this segment to make sure, but I want to say that there is a reason Rob didn't get the license plate number. My best guess is that he didn't get as close as UM portrayed the segment...
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 12:23 PM   #50
chet_58
Occasional Poster

Its almost impossible to believe that someone got that lucky to get away but i guess it happened?? I would hate to think Rob did it but he could of, the whole story on UM is based on what Rob said.. No witnesses.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:47 PM   #51
Jediknight1823
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
In response to the earlier post about Rob being unable to get a license plate number, didn't he say that the vehicle was dirty and that the plates were covered with mud/dirt? I'll have to rewatch this segment to make sure, but I want to say that there is a reason Rob didn't get the license plate number. My best guess is that he didn't get as close as UM portrayed the segment...
He may not have gotten as close to the truck as the UM segment said. But I'd imagine that getting the license plate wasn't exactly priority number 1 in his mind. The number 1 priority would be to get his girlfriend back, and in that situation, he probably wasn't thinking clearly. He left the house in a hurry, and didn't even hang up the phone. He was focused on catching the guy and getting Angela back. I find it believable that he wouldn't get the plate number.

I don't think that Rob had anything to do with it. I go with the theory that it was someone who had an escape route planned. It could have also been the only time he drove that vehicle.
Jediknight1823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 04:54 PM   #52
kane7474
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
WOO! Kane7474 and I are finally on the same page!
Dont speak to fast, I haven't given you the whole CIA angle in this yet lol
kane7474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 05:04 PM   #53
LooksLikeCRicci
Forum 3K Club Member

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Oh, I was waiting for the CIA angle. It's come to be your trademark...
Old 03-05-2007, 05:49 PM   #54
BibleCode06
Banned
Banned!!
Occasional Poster

[QUOTE=chet_58]I wish there were more details in this case.. QUOTE]

That is all I am saying. We need more info to fill in the gaps. Here are a few more questions that more details can help filling in.

What happened between 10PM to 11:15PM? She left Rob at 10PM and was going home. Yet she calls him 75 minutes later from a booth only 7 blocks away. Did she go shopping that late? I mean only 7-11 and Wallmarts are opened that late in those towns. Why would a pregnant women be wandering around that late instead of going directly home? If anyone knows please fill in the time gap.

The criminal must be one hell of a driver. One hand in the wheel of a high speed chase and another hand holding Angie who we must assume was fighting for her life. When she saw Rob did that inspire her to hit him in the eyes or groin? Did she try to jump? Was there defensive wounds?

Was there skid marks that left tire prints within a short radius of the incident? All we hear the Missouri Police say that it was linked to the other abductions. WHich I concede could have happened. But answers to these questions would be helpful.

Finally, last not always jump to conclusions about facial expressions and body language. How many can say that really thought that the DJ Radio Hoax was a fraud? The guy even said "We will trade all publicity for this case not to be true." Many bought Susan Smith's passionate teary-eyed story about a black guy taking her kids. All the sobs and weeps turned out to be fake as she killed them her self. I myself once interviewed a Red haired 17-year old Arizona boy for pre-arraignment ROR purposes. He seemed innocuous and docile. It turned out he escaped from a juvenile facility after decapitating a police officer.

I can't say that Rob is 100% innocent or guilty. But if his story is true then the killer must be one of the most daring and highly skilled MF we have ever seen.
BibleCode06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:53 PM   #55
LooksLikeCRicci
Forum 3K Club Member

I'm positive that Angela Hammond wasn't Laci Peterson pregnant at the time she disappeared. Given that it wasn't even mentioned in the UM segment or on her Doe Network page, I would be willing to bet that she was in the early stages of pregnancy; no more than 12 weeks. While I understand why her activities of that night may be of interest, I don't really think they are significant unless she was later abducted by someone who had spotted her earlier that night. Quite a few people have mentioned that they feel the abductor staked out a location and this is the most plausible theory to me, in the sense that the abductor picked a remote location and just waited for someone to stumble into the trap.

Angela Hammond was 4'11," and 120 pounds. I know that petite women can be fiesty (I'm a petite woman) but I find it hard to believe that a girl Angela's size could fend off an attacker, especially if he had done something to the passenger side door which made it unable for her to open it. This is pure speculation, but who's to say that the abductor didn't disable the passenger door? At 4'11," and 120 pounds, it's pretty easy for someone to grab you and toss you into a pickup before you know what's happening. I've got a few inches on Angela and more self-defense training, yet when I place myself in the same situation, I realistically view my chances of escape as slim.

To me, this case is one filled with "if only's." If only Angela hadn't stopped to call Rob from the pay phone... if only Rob had come by a few minutes earlier... if only someone happened by the area at the time of the abduction... if only someone had seen the high speed chase... if only it hadn't been past 11pm on a Thursday night... In my opinion, there were just too many variables that even the most skilled of predators could not account for. Therefore, I still feel that the abductor was not skilled, but simply very lucky.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:49 PM   #56
kane7474
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=BibleCode06]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet_58
I wish there were more details in this case.. QUOTE]

That is all I am saying. We need more info to fill in the gaps. Here are a few more questions that more details can help filling in.

What happened between 10PM to 11:15PM? She left Rob at 10PM and was going home. Yet she calls him 75 minutes later from a booth only 7 blocks away. Did she go shopping that late? I mean only 7-11 and Wallmarts are opened that late in those towns. Why would a pregnant women be wandering around that late instead of going directly home? If anyone knows please fill in the time gap.

The criminal must be one hell of a driver. One hand in the wheel of a high speed chase and another hand holding Angie who we must assume was fighting for her life. When she saw Rob did that inspire her to hit him in the eyes or groin? Did she try to jump? Was there defensive wounds?

Was there skid marks that left tire prints within a short radius of the incident? All we hear the Missouri Police say that it was linked to the other abductions. WHich I concede could have happened. But answers to these questions would be helpful.

Finally, last not always jump to conclusions about facial expressions and body language. How many can say that really thought that the DJ Radio Hoax was a fraud? The guy even said "We will trade all publicity for this case not to be true." Many bought Susan Smith's passionate teary-eyed story about a black guy taking her kids. All the sobs and weeps turned out to be fake as she killed them her self. I myself once interviewed a Red haired 17-year old Arizona boy for pre-arraignment ROR purposes. He seemed innocuous and docile. It turned out he escaped from a juvenile facility after decapitating a police officer.

I can't say that Rob is 100% innocent or guilty. But if his story is true then the killer must be one of the most daring and highly skilled MF we have ever seen.
As the story went Angela dropped Rob off at his house after the BBQ because he had to watch his little brother. She went to visit a friend of hers and thats where she was between 10 and 11pm. Im guessing this friend of hers confirmed this to the police.
I spoke to a friend today that has lived in Clinton for the last 25 years and I asked him about this case. The first words out of his mouth was that "Not many people beileve Rob's story". The funny thing is though they don't beileve he killed her, instead they think she ran away and she along with Rob cooked up the abduction story so she could move somewhere else. I know it sounds odd but according to this guy that is the popular opinion of people in the area. I really dont know if people who say things like that ever looked into the case or know about the other abductions.
I also asked this guy if he thought it would be possible to pull this off and if the killer could have really gotten away so easily. He told me it did not surprise him in the least and here's why- Where Rob's car broke down during the chase was very close to the Clinton city limit, so if Rob contacted them they would have called the Henry county sherriffs dept first. My friend told me that this Sherriffs dept is a bunch of incompetant boobs (this was his exact words) that couldn't get a cat out of a tree. If the killer got on hwy 13 it would only take him 10 or 15 minutes to get out of Henry county and into Johnson county, from there it would only take him another 20 minutes to hit I-70 and from that point he could have went anywhere. On the other hand if he traveled the opposite direction he could have gotten into Benton county in about 20-30minutes, this is a very rural area with lots of gravel backroads and wooded areas to hide in.
So you see, if it took Rob some time to contact the police then even more time for the locals to contact the county this guy could have easily been out of their jurisdiction. This would leave only the handfull of hiway patrol officers (if they were indeed contacted) to search for the truck.
My Friend also told me that for many years after this ordeal Angela's family was being contacted by police telling them that she had been sighted in Cananda and a few other places.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:10 PM   #57
chet_58
Occasional Poster

[QUOTE=kane7474]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BibleCode06
As the story went Angela dropped Rob off at his house after the BBQ because he had to watch his little brother. She went to visit a friend of hers and thats where she was between 10 and 11pm. Im guessing this friend of hers confirmed this to the police.
I spoke to a friend today that has lived in Clinton for the last 25 years and I asked him about this case. The first words out of his mouth was that "Not many people beileve Rob's story". The funny thing is though they don't beileve he killed her, instead they think she ran away and she along with Rob cooked up the abduction story so she could move somewhere else. I know it sounds odd but according to this guy that is the popular opinion of people in the area. I really dont know if people who say things like that ever looked into the case or know about the other abductions.
I also asked this guy if he thought it would be possible to pull this off and if the killer could have really gotten away so easily. He told me it did not surprise him in the least and here's why- Where Rob's car broke down during the chase was very close to the Clinton city limit, so if Rob contacted them they would have called the Henry county sherriffs dept first. My friend told me that this Sherriffs dept is a bunch of incompetant boobs (this was his exact words) that couldn't get a cat out of a tree. If the killer got on hwy 13 it would only take him 10 or 15 minutes to get out of Henry county and into Johnson county, from there it would only take him another 20 minutes to hit I-70 and from that point he could have went anywhere. On the other hand if he traveled the opposite direction he could have gotten into Benton county in about 20-30minutes, this is a very rural area with lots of gravel backroads and wooded areas to hide in.
So you see, if it took Rob some time to contact the police then even more time for the locals to contact the county this guy could have easily been out of their jurisdiction. This would leave only the handfull of hiway patrol officers (if they were indeed contacted) to search for the truck.
My Friend also told me that for many years after this ordeal Angela's family was being contacted by police telling them that she had been sighted in Cananda and a few other places.
I could see rob doing it before anglea just dissapearing... If she dissapeared on her own to get away what did she drive, where did she go, why did she go??? If she was pregnant why would she leave her fiance and her family??? Who is the ex boyfriend that was being questioned.. I could see on the UM clip picture of a newspaper that Rob and an ex boyfriend were being questioned. It just seems way too weird that she would call when she was only 7 blocks away and pregnant. Why didnt she just stop bye??? where did she live??? Rob also said on hin UM interview that he was meeting her uptown that night??? WHy would he meet her up town on Thursday night when nobody was anywhere to be seen in Clinton. If a truck existed someone, somewhere saw it that night besides Rob and Angela.. What if Angela is alive somewhere??? Where are people getting these spottings from Canada, i know UM said something about it at the end , but i just cant see her being alive and thats why I think this all has to fall back on Rob.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:16 PM   #58
kane7474
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=chet_58]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane7474
I could see rob doing it before anglea just dissapearing... If she dissapeared on her own to get away what did she drive, where did she go, why did she go??? If she was pregnant why would she leave her fiance and her family??? Who is the ex boyfriend that was being questioned.. I could see on the UM clip picture of a newspaper that Rob and an ex boyfriend were being questioned. It just seems way too weird that she would call when she was only 7 blocks away and pregnant. Why didnt she just stop bye??? where did she live??? Rob also said on hin UM interview that he was meeting her uptown that night??? WHy would he meet her up town on Thursday night when nobody was anywhere to be seen in Clinton. If a truck existed someone, somewhere saw it that night besides Rob and Angela.. What if Angela is alive somewhere??? Where are people getting these spottings from Canada, i know UM said something about it at the end , but i just cant see her being alive and thats why I think this all has to fall back on Rob.
You raise a very interesting point about who the ex boyfriend is. I always thought the whole story about Angela dropping Rob off then going to a freinds then calling him within an hour was odd. They were newly engaged and this is the point in time when couples want to spend every waking moment with one another, so why then did she just not stay at the house with him? Could it be that she actually went to see this ex boyfriend and Rob got a call from someone informing him, then he leaves the house in a jealous rage, catches her at the phone booth, kills her and disposes of the body, then cooks up the whole story. I guess this scenrio could be possible it would mean Rob's little brother would not have to be lying, he had no idea why Rob ran out and got into the car and sped off. It would mean though the ex boyfriend would have to be lying about being with Angela, the female friend would have to be lying if she confirmed that Angela was with her just before the incident. Rob would also have had to hide the body really well in a short amount of time, keep in mind they had hundreds of people out combing the area on foot the next day. This would also mean that Rob fooled a polygraph and every investigator that looked into the case.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:57 PM   #59
LooksLikeCRicci
Forum 3K Club Member

LOL. You had me worried for a second, Kane7474. I thought you were going to switch sides on me again!

Back to my celebrating...
Old 03-06-2007, 04:00 PM   #60
chet_58
Occasional Poster

What is that song that is playing on angelas radio when she drops off rob on the UM segment?? I know i have heard that before.. Also how old was Robs brother????? Was he a teenager, was he an infant? and im still wondering who this x boyfriend is??? THeres so many things that UM didnt fill in and I cant find any information on it anywhere

Tags
angela hammond