Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Perfect Strangers Reboot in the Works; New Head of the Class DVD Release
Fri-Yay: Master of None Pivots Genres in Season 3; Highway to Heaven Event Movies Coming to Lifetime; Remembering Frank Bonner of WKRP in Cincinnati
Antenna TV Summer 2021 Schedule; The CW Fall 2021 Premiere Dates
All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2
Chicago Fire Finally Heads to Syndication; Peacock Picks Up New Comedy Which Takes Place at a Singing Competition
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 14, 2021)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-03-2007, 09:15 PM   #31
hostedbyrobertstack
Frequent Poster

You bring up some good points, also as I said before about the whole truck description. While she was on the phone talking to him, and if she thought "everything was ok", then why would she go into such a detailed description of the truck, including the stripe, and the window mural. Just seems odd. If the boyfriend was using this story as cover, it would be less suspicious if he had a more detailed description of the vehicle. If he were just to say "oh he was driver an older truck" that would maybe show signs that he were lying. But who knows....as I said, even like 5 years ago when I first saw this segment, it never seemed like that really happened. I could be totally wrong though
hostedbyrobertstack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 09:56 PM   #32
Awsi Dooger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88
In my humble opinion, you can't place much emphasis on the reannactment of Rob slamming the hood of his car in frustration and then basically giving up when his car died. UM segments don't ALWAYS go into perfect detail when they recreate a specific event. They are just filmed to give us a very basic picture of what happened. They aren't always 100% accurate in every microscopic detail. (For instance, in the Cindy James segment, they left out several little extra details in their reanactments - I know this because I read both books.) So, for all we know, Rob might very well have ran to a nearby house or gas station or some place close to find a phone. We just don't know.

It's easy for all of us NOW to ask quetions like, why didn't Rob rush over there earlier once the pickup truck pulled in the parking lot.... but admit it, most of the time you're going to let your guard down. It's not like you're going about your business and expecting to be kidnapped. It's just too bad that cell phones weren't as big then as they are now.

In my humble opinion, there are 3 things that can prove Rob's innocence...none of which were mentioned on the Unsolved Mysteries segment.

1.) Rob's station wagon. According to the segment, Rob damaged the transmission of the vehichle when he slammed it into reverse while going forward. If he was in fact the killer, than he would have purposely ruined his own car.

2.) Telephone records. All the police would have to do is check the telephone records to see if Rob's house did in fact get a phone call from that pay phone several blocks away on the night in question.

3.) Rob's little brother. When Angela was abducted, Rob was babysitting his little brother. I'm sure his little brother can verify that the two were alone all evening, Rob got the phone call than dropped the receiver and ran out of the house when he heard Angela scream.

It's also important to note that that evening, Rob and Angela were at a barbecue together before she dropped him off to babysit....their friends could most likely verify that they were there and what time they left. This would leave him no time to actually kill her and dispose of her body after babysitting and then purposely wrecking his car to make it look real. Also, Clinton is a small "blink and you'll miss it" town. Where would he have hidden the body never to be found in such a short amount of time? And most importantly, what would the motive be?

I have visited small towns like Clinton before and one thing that always jumped out at me was how dead they are when evening rolls around - (that's why I always think it's more fun to vacation in towns like that but not actually live there....too boring.) It wouldn't be out of the ordinary for there to not be many people around to see the chase when it happened, especially given how late it was.
I think that's an excellent post so I'll quote the whole thing. Kadrmas also made a very relevant point, people frustrated at the lack of a result so Rob is a convenient person to blame.

And I can totally believe the transmission story. I think I mentioned on this forum that a few years ago I goofed around and intended to coast downhill for a long stretch on a California freeway, but screwed up and mistakenly threw the car into reverse briefly instead of neutral. It messed up the computer system to such extent the car was basically disabled. I had no power steering or brakes and had to put on the flasher and ease off an exit ramp with my emergency flashers on. Luckily everything was fine after a restart. But with an older car I'm sure the impact could have been much worse on the transmission.

Kane7474 asked some great questions about the timing of the calls to police and the number of access roads. You would think a criminal would have an escape route selected. I'm reminded of the trench coat robbers who eluded police in Henderson, Nevada simply via knowing their way through a maze of an apartment complex, obviously memorizing the path ahead of time just in case.

I'm not sure how many police would be available for instant pursuit in that type of area, and late at night. Since he knows the boyfriend has spotted and chased his car the abductor most likely would not want to stay on the road for a long period of time.

The criminal could also be a rank idiot with no plan who kept driving and simply got lucky.
Awsi Dooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 12:30 AM   #33
clead23
Occasional Poster

hey guys can someone help me find her case on the doe network or has this case been solved?
clead23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:05 AM   #34
chet_58
Occasional Poster

The angela hammond case is on youtube.com , type in angela hammond on the search. Everytime i watch this it gives me the creeps. I only live about an hour from Clinton and was just there not too long ago and saw the spot where she was abducted (car lot now). This whole story is way too fishy. Someone had to see that pickup. There is no way if police were notified in the radius around clinton within 20 minutes or so after that someone somewhere didnt see the truck. This is what leds me to believe maybe something else happened. I dont know if i would pin it on Rob, but obviously i never did think of why she would go into so much detail if she said everything is completely fine. If rob did it , hes one hell of a story teller..
chet_58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 10:08 AM   #35
kane7474
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger
I think that's an excellent post so I'll quote the whole thing. Kadrmas also made a very relevant point, people frustrated at the lack of a result so Rob is a convenient person to blame.

And I can totally believe the transmission story. I think I mentioned on this forum that a few years ago I goofed around and intended to coast downhill for a long stretch on a California freeway, but screwed up and mistakenly threw the car into reverse briefly instead of neutral. It messed up the computer system to such extent the car was basically disabled. I had no power steering or brakes and had to put on the flasher and ease off an exit ramp with my emergency flashers on. Luckily everything was fine after a restart. But with an older car I'm sure the impact could have been much worse on the transmission.

Kane7474 asked some great questions about the timing of the calls to police and the number of access roads. You would think a criminal would have an escape route selected. I'm reminded of the trench coat robbers who eluded police in Henderson, Nevada simply via knowing their way through a maze of an apartment complex, obviously memorizing the path ahead of time just in case.

I'm not sure how many police would be available for instant pursuit in that type of area, and late at night. Since he knows the boyfriend has spotted and chased his car the abductor most likely would not want to stay on the road for a long period of time.

The criminal could also be a rank idiot with no plan who kept driving and simply got lucky.
To respond to your inquiry about how many police would be available I will tell you that for many years Missouri has had what is called "mutual aid" with all law enforcement agencies. What this means is that as soon as the local police were notified of the kidnapping they would contact the Hiway patrol, the county sherrifs dept and all law enforcement in neighboring counties. Once they were all contacted they would switch to a mutual aid frequency on their radios and communicate with one another to arrange road blocks and search efforts. The description of the truck, the assailant and the girl would have been given to every cop within a 100 mile radius within minutes. This is why Im so baffled as to how this guy got away. Anyone who has lived near this area knows there is no shortage of law enforcement.
Also as far as the killer having his escape route planned? How could that be, he had no way of knowing someone would be at that pay phone at that perticular time, no way of knowing where his victim would be or what road he would have to take to get away.
kane7474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 10:13 AM   #36
kane7474
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet_58
The angela hammond case is on youtube.com , type in angela hammond on the search. Everytime i watch this it gives me the creeps. I only live about an hour from Clinton and was just there not too long ago and saw the spot where she was abducted (car lot now). This whole story is way too fishy. Someone had to see that pickup. There is no way if police were notified in the radius around clinton within 20 minutes or so after that someone somewhere didnt see the truck. This is what leds me to believe maybe something else happened. I dont know if i would pin it on Rob, but obviously i never did think of why she would go into so much detail if she said everything is completely fine. If rob did it , hes one hell of a story teller..
I think the reason she may have went into so much detail could be that in a small town like that anytime you see a stranger around its odd. If she was in the middle of a big city she never would have even paid the guy any mind at all. However anytime a stranger pops into a small town where everyone knows everyone people take notice.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:40 PM   #37
wiseguy182
Forum Veteran

To answer some questions:

hostedbyrobertstack: as I stated the other day, ROB was the one that wanted to go down there, but was told not to by Angela. This is not to pin blame on Angela, as I'm sure she had no idea she was in danger. Rob strikes me as the type that would have BOLTED out of his apartment had anyone given Angela a dirty look

kane7474: I believe that this killer is a lot like the New Hampshire serial killer, as I think both stalked LOCATIONS and not actual victims. What this means is that the killers have pre-selected locations in mind, and keep driving by periodically waiting for a victim to appear at that location. So with that in mind, it is very possible to have a pre-selected escape route planned.

To those wondering about the road blocks, while I do think it is probable that the killer wasn't from the immediate area, it is possible that he didn't just keep on driving and driving, but went to the house of an accomplice who did live in the area, and that would mean he wouldn't have been on the road immediately after the adbuction. There he could hide out, keep his car in the garage, re-paint it, the makes his escape during the day and get lost in the traffic.

UM has profiled a lot of creepy boyfriends/husbands/ex-husbands and the like, but Rob IMO certainly doesn't fit that mold. The first person police always look at is the boyfriend/husband and while it ends up being that person a fair amount of the time, there are occasions where it isn't that person. This is one of them. You have to understand that there are creeps in this world, and while it isn't a wonderful thing to realize, it is the truth. As if going through Angela's abduction wasn't enough, Rob then had to go through being accused of her disappearnce by some. Rob was lucky in that most people nowadays think he is innocent. The Ramseys are/were not that lucky, and in addition, lost alot of their wealth. Due to a heinous act by an unknown creep, their whole world literally came crashing down.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 09:23 PM   #38
dynoguy88
Forum 3K Club Member

Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by BibleCode06
5)Look at Rob's glazing eyes during his Um interview. His facial expressions reminded me of the cop who killed his son and lied about it on another UM segment. Remember he made up the story that his 3 year old kid was kidnapped.
Are you seriously comparing Rob to that dork Larry Gibson? Any person with horrible to medicore eye sight could tell that Gibson was guilty as sin. There was NO emotion from him whatsoever, no worry in his eyes, nothing genuine about him at all during the entire segment. He made me sick just watching him. Him and Chad Loe (Wendy Kamp's ex-hubby) are the only times I have ever watched Unsolved Mysteries and literally pointed at the TV screen and yelled, "GUILTY!"

Watching Rob, I never got that feeling at all. He came accross as a young guy, trying hard not to show his tortured inner pain with tears and be strong. Maybe we aren't watching the same show here.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 09:51 PM   #39
BibleCode06
Banned
Banned!!
Occasional Poster

Red face

Quote:
Are you seriously comparing Rob to that dork Larry Gibson? Any person with horrible to medicore eye sight could tell that Gibson was guilty as sin. There was NO emotion from him whatsoever, no worry in his eyes, nothing genuine about him at all during the entire segment. He made me sick just watching him. Him and Chad Loe (Wendy Kamp's ex-hubby) are the only times I have ever watched Unsolved Mysteries and literally pointed at the TV screen and yelled, "GUILTY!"

Watching Rob, I never got that feeling at all. He came accross as a young guy, trying hard not to show his tortured inner pain with tears and be strong. Maybe we aren't watching the same show here.
We are watching the same show. Well my eye sight is 20-20. I can send you a copy of my last eye exam results. Let other people watch and determine for themselves. I did see similarities in their facial expressions. Btw, i have also interviewed criminals including homicide cases in real life. I am certainly entitled to make my own determinations.

I also NEVER said that Rob was 100% guilty. I said that I had questions of suspicion. Me, hosted by RS, and kane raised questions which is part of healthy debate. The APB, roadblock, pregnancy, his conversation are all questions. Do you have copies of the entire police reports, transcripts, interviews? So let's not be presumptous that we know more about the case then the next one. My last comment was that I needed more info on the police investigation. Me, Hosted by RS, and Kane are entitled to raise questions. Unless this board is consolidated by three people who can force their opinion as fact upon others?

In boards, people are entitled to opinions which are subjective. You have indulged on your ramblings and diatribes about rignt wing christians and no one has taken you to task. Your You Tube postings created unnecesary friction between the moderator and other posters. Yet I never said nothing.
BibleCode06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 10:12 PM   #40
dynoguy88
Forum 3K Club Member

Default reply

Excuse me?

Wow, exaggerate much? A total of one post (out of my 800+) which consisted of not more than a couple sentences of my opinion of the extreme right wing and that is considered ramblings and diatribes in your mind?

I never once said Rob was 100% innocent either. I never once said you weren't entitled to your own opinions (don't put words in my mouth) I was just amazed that you would compare Rob to a miserable guy that couldn't be more guilty and that we obviously don't see the same thing.... hey, it's a message board, nothing wrong with a debate. Yet, you decided to switch my words around as an attack on you and that you shouldn't state your opinion. I can see you're going to be a fun person to discuss cases with.

One last thing, my YouTube postings - How did I cause friction between posters and the moderator? I think they were all just curious to know WHY you couldn't post YouTube links on this message board. There was no fighting or friction between the members of this board. Once again, exaggerate much? Way to pull untrue things out of mid air to prove your point.

Last edited by dynoguy88; 03-04-2007 at 10:36 PM.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:13 PM   #41
Awsi Dooger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
kane7474: I believe that this killer is a lot like the New Hampshire serial killer, as I think both stalked LOCATIONS and not actual victims. What this means is that the killers have pre-selected locations in mind, and keep driving by periodically waiting for a victim to appear at that location. So with that in mind, it is very possible to have a pre-selected escape route planned.
Right. That's almost exactly what I was going to post after seeing kane7474's reply.

But I reject the accomplice aspect. Accomplices are pure fiction, for the most part, used to explain oddities that really aren't odd at all. In this case a guy with a considerable head start on a rural road late at night and with unknown destination simply got away.
Awsi Dooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:37 PM   #42
kane7474
Forum Regular

After really looking into this I can't see any way that Rob could be guilty of the crime. Here is the scenerio for him to pull this off- Angela leaves her female friend around 11:00pm so we know she was alive and well at that point. Rob gets the phone call from her just after 11pm and his brother is witness to this. His brother also can confirm what time Rob went running out of the house jumped in the car and sped away. Now someone said earlier that Rob was at the police station around midnight, so this would mean if he had done this he went to the payphone where she was, (we know she was there because that is where her car was left) abducted her, killed her, disposed of her body then driven back to the main part of town drove down the street throwing his car in reverse (to lend credence to his story of giving chase) then went to call police with the story he cooked up. All of this would have had to taken place in about 45 minutes. Im sure this is the same evidence that law enforcement looked at when they cleared him. I would really like to see the full police reports and find out if indeed an APB was put out or if Mutual Aid was enacted. My guess is the police had a very slow reaction time and the killer got very lucky.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:47 AM   #43
SP4CE INV4DERZ
40-0 0WN3D
Forum Regular

Quote:
One last thing, my YouTube postings - How did I cause friction between posters and the moderator? I think they were all just curious to know WHY you couldn't post YouTube links on this message board. There was no fighting or friction between the members of this board. Once again, exaggerate much? Way to pull untrue things out of mid air to prove your point.
I'm not saying this was your fault but I happen to know for a fact that this whole YT thing has caused its fair share of friction for Crystaldawn.

btw, to those who question Rob's behavour here, you've given me something to think about next time I watch Angela Hammond's case.
SP4CE INV4DERZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:01 AM   #44
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house
Forum 3K Club Member

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by kane7474
After really looking into this I can't see any way that Rob could be guilty of the crime.

WOO! Kane7474 and I are finally on the same page!
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:53 AM   #45
dynoguy88
Forum 3K Club Member

Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Invaderz
I'm not saying this was your fault but I happen to know for a fact that this whole YT thing has caused its fair share of friction for Crystaldawn.
Yes, I know it did. But that was also going on LONG before I even started uploading segments to YouTube. BibleCode06 is acting like I actually set out to CAUSE friction between crystaldawn and the posters here which couldn't be farther from the truth.

Tags
angela hammond