Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Perfect Strangers Reboot in the Works; New Head of the Class DVD Release
Fri-Yay: Master of None Pivots Genres in Season 3; Highway to Heaven Event Movies Coming to Lifetime; Remembering Frank Bonner of WKRP in Cincinnati
Antenna TV Summer 2021 Schedule; The CW Fall 2021 Premiere Dates
All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2
Chicago Fire Finally Heads to Syndication; Peacock Picks Up New Comedy Which Takes Place at a Singing Competition
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 14, 2021)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-25-2007, 01:51 AM   #136
NOTANEWSBROADCAST
Occasional Poster

Default Time To Do Something

Look Guys Im One Of Those Members Here That Do More Reading Than Posting But I Am Posting This To Say That What If?? What If We Are On To Something?? Lets Face It - We Are The Only People Pretty Much In The World Talking About These Cold Cases That Have Fallen Into Obscurity - What If We Can Make Some Noise And Notify That Parsons Detective Guy From The Hammond Segment And At Least Mention It To Him To Look Into This? A While Back I Broke It To You Guys That Angela Was Pregnant With Robs Baby When Abducted - I Wouldn't Be Posting This If I Didn't Feel That Maybe We Can Make A Difference - Think About It.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:52 AM   #137
kane7474
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTANEWSBROADCAST
Look Guys Im One Of Those Members Here That Do More Reading Than Posting But I Am Posting This To Say That What If?? What If We Are On To Something?? Lets Face It - We Are The Only People Pretty Much In The World Talking About These Cold Cases That Have Fallen Into Obscurity - What If We Can Make Some Noise And Notify That Parsons Detective Guy From The Hammond Segment And At Least Mention It To Him To Look Into This? A While Back I Broke It To You Guys That Angela Was Pregnant With Robs Baby When Abducted - I Wouldn't Be Posting This If I Didn't Feel That Maybe We Can Make A Difference - Think About It.
I agree with you but I wonder whether we should go to the police first or the media. The problem with going to the dectectives first would be they may just blow this off, being that if it turns out these men are guilty of this crime investigators would have some egg on their face. The information that we have uncovered has been right under their noses since at least 1994. It just boggles my mind that when this prosecutor brought these writings by Jess Rush into evidence they didnt look into the other crimes he spoke of. If we go to the local media with the new information it will force the police to check into it. Any thoughts or ideas on the best way to present this? If this does turn out to be the case cracker I just want to make sure that everyone on this webforum gets the credit for it, there has been alot of debate and discussion over the past year that has brought us to where we are now everyone should share in the credit.
kane7474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:21 AM   #138
James T

Ok so if there were two or more people in the van then does that not differ from Rob's version? he made no mention of anybody else other than the driver which is highly unlikely, also would it not be smarter for one to drive while the other one holds her down or ties her up out of sight in the back rather than driving around with a screaming woman in the front while the guy twiddles his thumbs out of sight?
James T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:27 AM   #139
kane7474
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T
Ok so if there were two or more people in the van then does that not differ from Rob's version? he made no mention of anybody else other than the driver which is highly unlikely, also would it not be smarter for one to drive while the other one holds her down or ties her up out of sight in the back rather than driving around with a screaming woman in the front while the guy twiddles his thumbs out of sight?
Rob got a glimpse of them speeding by him, he may very well of not seen the other person in the truck. It could have been that the accomplice was in the process of tying her up when she was able to raise her head, see Rob driving by and scream. Also they were in a pick up truck, not a van. So if they would have been in the back they would not have been out of sight.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:14 PM   #140
NOTANEWSBROADCAST
Occasional Poster

Kane - Then Maybe The Media Might Be The 1st Best Thing - You Guys Never Know What We May Be Onto - Lets Also Just Keep In Mind What Was Slightly Mentioned A Little While Ago Too (which I Kept At The Back Of My Mind) - Kenneth Mcduff's Assistant, Hank Worley In The Abduction Of Colleen Reed Looks A Lot Like The Decription That Angela Gave That Night - You Never Know - Lets Keep Talking About This Guys.
NOTANEWSBROADCAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:56 PM   #141
kane7474
Forum Regular

Quote:
Kane - Then Maybe The Media Might Be The 1st Best Thing - You Guys Never Know What We May Be Onto - Lets Also Just Keep In Mind What Was Slightly Mentioned A Little While Ago Too (which I Kept At The Back Of My Mind) - Kenneth Mcduff's Assistant, Hank Worley In The Abduction Of Colleen Reed Looks A Lot Like The Decription That Angela Gave That Night - You Never Know - Lets Keep Talking About This Guys.
I have been searching for more court records in the Trudy Darby case. All I can come up with are some documents from the appeals court concerning Jess Rush. I have been able to find excerpts from the 13 letters he wrote in which he mentions committing similar crimes but have not yet had any success finding them in their entirety. I have found no information as to the trial of Marvin Chaney, other then the fact that he has what appears to be the same type of sentence as Rush, life without parole. Rush metioned to police during his confession that there were three people involved in Darby's kidnapping, rape and murder. I have had no luck finding the identity of the 3rd person, does this mean we have someone that was involved in this terrible crime still walking the streets today. Whether it was Chaney and Rush or Mcduff's buddy one thing is for sure, none of them are going to admit it. There is nothing to plea bargin for here, if any of them were to come clean they would only be giving themselves a death sentence. Therefore its going to take alot of investigative work to pin it on any of the three. First we need to know who is the third person involved in the Darby murder, Second we need to know if a truck matching the one Rob Shaffer saw take Angela was ever registered to Chaney or the 3 rd accomplice. Third, police need to take all of the witnesses that Rush told about killing Trudy and interview them again. Its quite possible he bragged about killing Angela or Cheryl Kenney and they didnt take him seriously at the time. Lastly they should interview inmates that have had contact with Rush since he was sentenced, the guy is so ignorant he may still be bragging to this day.

If you read Rush's writings its obvious he is a derranged killer. He openly talks about how he enjoys raping and killing women even going so far as to say he wanted to "rape her then shoot her in the head and watch her brains come out". Now, we know for a fact he is guilty of Trudy Darby's murder, we also know there are two other dissappearances of young women in the same general area and in the same time frame. Its interesting to note that in one of Rush's rantings he states that if they only would have burned Darby's body they would have gotten away with it. Now do you think he is speaking from experience? Does he know for a fact that if you burn a body it will not be found? Does he know this because he has in fact done it and gotten away with it?
Old 04-25-2007, 02:56 PM   #142
kane7474
Forum Regular

Here is another Quote from the letters that Jess Rush wrote to the jailhouse lawyer:

I just wish my brother would have done like I said at the barn and burnt the bitch up but that ***** ass cheevers and parel desided to take the bitch to a ****in river instead. I was to ****ed up to argue with em all I wanted to do was **** the bitch then shoot her in the head to watch her brains come out. Sounds cool huh? . . . if the bitch would have not moved in the trunk at the river my brother wouldn't of had to shoot her in the head again just the have the cops find a shell the stupid mother ****er the only smart thing we did was have marshels brother greg burn the barn other wise the mother ****ers would have a lot more on us. im glad they don't know every thing else we did or i'd be on death row . . . . End Quote

So here we have him mentioning people with the names Cheevers and Parel also he says Marshalls brother Greg burned the barn to destroy evidence. So according to this we have three more people involved that were never charged. These are people that could be swayed to rat out each other if indeed they had knowledge of the other murders.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:13 PM   #143
NOTANEWSBROADCAST
Occasional Poster

Wow Kane - I just found out that Cheryl Ann Kenney's body was found in 2000 - I don't think this was ever reported here. Interestingly enough, that same site mentions the Darby case as still unsolved. (I tried to link this but i couldn't - if you google or yahoo "Charley Project Angela Hammond" you'll find the page.
NOTANEWSBROADCAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:10 PM   #144
kane7474
Forum Regular

Quote:
Wow Kane - I just found out that Cheryl Ann Kenney's body was found in 2000 - I don't think this was ever reported here. Interestingly enough, that same site mentions the Darby case as still unsolved. (I tried to link this but i couldn't - if you google or yahoo "Charley Project Angela Hammond" you'll find the page.
I looked at what your talking about and honestly I think they have that wrong. I have searched every newspaper in the state that is available online and there is no mention anywhere of Kenney's body being found. Keep in mind they are saying that her skeleton was found in 2000 and Darby's murder is still unsolved. By 1998 two men had been convicted in the Darby case, therefore I must question the accuracy of their information.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:50 AM   #145
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

Well Kane, I am still surprised you are not trying to bust Rob Shaffer's balls over Angela's disapperance. I mean if you cant find the guy who did it might as well settle on a guy who looks good right?

Wrong! Shaffer didnt do it, I know you were not saying that right now, but I honestly think if you had your way Shaffer would have been arrested and convicted and either serving time on death row or prison for a crime he did not commit.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:46 AM   #146
Babydollz24
Frequent Poster

Oh No

This case has always freaked me out. Like why was there no body ever found? I'm sure everyone must think ( I hate to say this) that she's no longer with us. There is no evidence or sightings to confirm that she is alive. I just wish that this case could be solved, so it would give her family some closure, so they can have an Idea of what happened. Its been how many years now?this case is so creepy, and i think that maybe it should be brought to people's attention about those to creeps that killed that other woman. From what that dude said, they didn't know what else they had done.....
Babydollz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:38 AM   #147
kane7474
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadrmas15
Well Kane, I am still surprised you are not trying to bust Rob Shaffer's balls over Angela's disapperance. I mean if you cant find the guy who did it might as well settle on a guy who looks good right?

Wrong! Shaffer didnt do it, I know you were not saying that right now, but I honestly think if you had your way Shaffer would have been arrested and convicted and either serving time on death row or prison for a crime he did not commit.
WTF? Have you been paying attention? was I not the one that came up with the timeline that showed it would have been virtually impossible for Rob to have been involved? Go back and read my prior posts on here, I did say that people I knew in Clinton did not beleive his story, but after talking to them more indepth I realized they had based that opinion on false information. None of the people who thought he was guilty had ever really dug into the case or looked at the evidence.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:59 AM   #148
James T

Why do they even bother locking these inhuman cretins up? just put a bullet between their eyes, no morals, no brains, no reedeming qualities at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kane7474
Here is another Quote from the letters that Jess Rush wrote to the jailhouse lawyer:

I just wish my brother would have done like I said at the barn and burnt the bitch up but that ***** ass cheevers and parel desided to take the bitch to a ****in river instead. I was to ****ed up to argue with em all I wanted to do was **** the bitch then shoot her in the head to watch her brains come out. Sounds cool huh? . . . if the bitch would have not moved in the trunk at the river my brother wouldn't of had to shoot her in the head again just the have the cops find a shell the stupid mother ****er the only smart thing we did was have marshels brother greg burn the barn other wise the mother ****ers would have a lot more on us. im glad they don't know every thing else we did or i'd be on death row . . . . End Quote

So here we have him mentioning people with the names Cheevers and Parel also he says Marshalls brother Greg burned the barn to destroy evidence. So according to this we have three more people involved that were never charged. These are people that could be swayed to rat out each other if indeed they had knowledge of the other murders.
James T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:24 AM   #149
kane7474
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T
Why do they even bother locking these inhuman cretins up? just put a bullet between their eyes, no morals, no brains, no reedeming qualities at all.
Well I agree with you on that, if we can get the investigators to start looking at Rush and Chaney maybe these scumbags will be removed from the earth. Not by a bullet to the head but a needle in the arm will suffice.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:59 PM   #150
freshwater
Occasional Poster

Kind of stupid, but when I read this story today I got chills when I saw the name of the boy's mother.....(glad they caught this SOB, too)

Kidney transplant fugitive caught in Mexico

(CNN) -- A Kentucky man who had been on the lam for more than a year after he was released from jail to donate a kidney to his son was captured in Mexico on Wednesday, a deputy U.S. Marshal said.

Byron Perkins and his girlfriend, Lee Ann Howard, were captured in Puerto Vallarta on Mexico's Pacific coast, said Deputy U.S. Marshal Dawn Izgarjan.

The pair arrived Wednesday night in Los Angeles, where they face an initial court appearance Thursday.

Perkins was released from jail without bond by a federal judge in January 2006 so he could complete testing before donating a kidney to his teenage son, Destin. At the time, he was awaiting a possible life sentence following a conviction on drug, weapon and other charges.

Perkins was not wearing a tracking ankle bracelet because doctors told the court it would have interfered with medical tests.

Doctors said Perkins appeared to be a perfect match for his son. But on the final day of hospital tests, he failed to show up. Perkins left behind a letter promising he would "come through" for his son, who needed dialysis. U.S. Marshals put him on their "Most Wanted" list.

"I don't know how he could lay his head down at night, just knowing that he ran away and left me up here to die like that," Destin Perkins told CNN's Anderson Cooper after receiving news of his father's capture. "That's just one of my main questions, is why he did it and how he could do it."

Now 17, Destin Perkins received a kidney last August from an anonymous cadaver donor in California. "As of today, I'm doing fine, just fine," he said. "The kidney's working great."

Destin Perkins' mother, Angela Hammond, told CNN, "it's about time." She said she hopes Perkins can "sit and realize how he hurt his children."

Deputy U.S. Marshal Joe Chabarria, who accompanied Perkins and Howard on their flight to Los Angeles, told reporters the pair had come from the state of Colima and were "making their way back up" when they arrived in Puerto Vallarta. They were recognized while walking in the downtown area, he said.

"They knew they were being sought after," Chabarria said. He said the two "looked like they were tired. They were ready to come back."

Izgarjan, who is based in Louisville, Kentucky, told CNN the two had been working odd jobs in Mexico, never staying in one place too long. Before Puerto Vallarta, she said, they were in a town near Manzanillo.

"There's a lot of anger between me and him right now," Destin Perkins said. "I would like to see him and tell him what I think and just ask one question: Why he did it? It's kind of sad that he would run out on me like that."

At the time, he said, he was angry and depressed. "It really wasn't healthy on me at the time. I was 16 years old, and I had to worry about this."

His father's actions have hurt his entire family, he said, adding that his grandfather -- Byron Perkins' father -- has since died of cancer.

Asked if the pair should be in jail, he said, "That's where both of them deserve to be. As far as I'm concerned, the rest of their life, they both deserve to be behind bars."

CNN's Susan Candiotti contributed to this report.
freshwater is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angela hammond