Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2
Chicago Fire Finally Heads to Syndication; Peacock Picks Up New Comedy Which Takes Place at a Singing Competition
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 14, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Valerie Bertinelli Cast in Comedy Pilot with Demi Lovato; Broadway Version of The Nanny in the Works
Fri-Yay: Kim's Convenience Is An Underrated Streaming Sitcom; Ted Revived as Series for Peacock
CNN's History of the Sitcom Premieres July 11; Miracle Workers Returns to TBS for 3rd Season This Summer

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-23-2005, 02:35 PM   #1
offthechain76
Occasional Poster

Default Angela Hammond Girl abducted from phone booth

Does anyone know if her body has ever been found or if she was found alive. This was the girl abducted while on the pay phone with her boyfriend and he gave chase but his car gave out. This was one of the most disturbing case I have ever watched on UM. Thanks for any information.
offthechain76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 03:02 PM   #2
Brent88
Forum Veteran

I did an internet search right after the story aired and the only site I found was one where she was still listed as missing and "endangered". I am also wondering if anyone from the local area(Western Missouri) has any additional info.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:10 PM   #3
crystaldawn

I did speak with someone in the media in that area recently. Here is the link of the thread:

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...angela+hammond
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 06:00 PM   #4
he war
Occasional Poster

Did you guys see the picture of the younger woman abducted from a convenience store? That scared the crap out of me.
Her eyes were pitch black!
he war is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 07:08 PM   #5
Goofyman
Frequent Poster

Yeah, I freaked out when I saw her picture. That was a terrible photo. Her eyes were completely dark.

I think all 3 of the abductions that were talked about in the episode are connected, and that the one they found is just a sign of the fates of the others.
Goofyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 07:22 PM   #6
Kane

Default Doe Network profile

Angela Hammond is listed at the Doe Network. The fact that she is still profiled there strongly suggests that she has never been found.

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/1299dfmo.html

The site seems to be kept up to date. I mean, Bobbi Parker was profiled at the site, and when she was recently found alive, her Doe Network profile disappeared.
Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 11:56 PM   #7
Kemistry
Mysterious Intrigue
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to Kemistry Send a message via MSN to Kemistry

I just find it amazing at how trusting people were back then. I mean of course she had some doubts and/or worries about the man but ignored them. If I was in her shoes at that time I would've gotten in my car and driven away the moment I noticed his truck circling the block.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:02 AM   #8
Brent88
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes Of Fear
I just find it amazing at how trusting people were back then. I mean of course she had some doubts and/or worries about the man but ignored them. If I was in her shoes at that time I would've gotten in my car and driven away the moment I noticed his truck circling the block.
Back then 24-hour coverage of missing women/children didn't exist, so while it happened, we didn't hear about it.
Brent88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 12:09 AM   #9
dynoguy88

Default reply

Echoes Of Fear, you bring up a very good point. The fact that the truck kept circling the block around the telephone booth - which even prompted her to get concerned - should have sent a clearer message that something was wrong, especially when the truck pulled up next to the telephone booth. That's when she should have thrown the reciever down and bolted for her car.

But I guess I can see the other point of view. The city of Clinton seemed like a very small town where everyone knows and trusts each other, at least that's how Unsolved Mysteries portrayed it. Still, the truck circling the block would have made me suspicious.

Such a sad case.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 08:58 AM   #10
crystaldawn

I was wondering if Angela worked at that convenience store where she was abducted from in front of. It said in the newspaper clipping they showed briefly she was abducted after she got off work. Her abductor could have seen her working and waited until she got off work. That would make sense since they said the police linked her disappearance to other women in the Missouri area who were abducted at convenience stores. Just a thought.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 09:58 AM   #11
Detox
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn
I was wondering if Angela worked at that convenience store where she was abducted from in front of. It said in the newspaper clipping they showed briefly she was abducted after she got off work. Her abductor could have seen her working and waited until she got off work. That would make sense since they said the police linked her disappearance to other women in the Missouri area who were abducted at convenience stores. Just a thought.
actually she had dropped off her boyfriend after a barbecue at around 9pm. She promised to phone him in a few hours. When she stopped to phone him she was abducted.
Detox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 01:40 AM   #12
diesteldorf
Frequent Poster

Here is some info regarding the Hammond case that I posted a couple
years ago. Unfortunately, though not surprisingly, it is believed that she was
murdered by serial killer Kenneth Alan McDuff, who was executed in 1998.

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...angela+hammond
diesteldorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 10:03 AM   #13
MelAnnDoll
Occasional Poster

She has not been found yet. I don't feel that McDuff did it. I don't feel there is enough evidence linking it to him. She was working there at the time and I'm sure there's been times that we all thought something was a little odd, but didn't jump in our cars and run away.
MelAnnDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:28 PM   #14
chet_58
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn
I dont know if she worked at the convenient store but she was calling at a pay phone in front of the safeway store, which is now a car dealership. Im wondering why she would stop and call her boyfriend on the phone when he only lived 7 blocks and she could of just stopped by or why wouldnt she go home to use her phone??? Im sure the boyfriend had no envolvement. I was told he is still around the area and lives in Lamar, MO. How old would he be now 34-36?
chet_58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:52 AM   #15
longliveum
Frequent Poster

If my memory is correct I believe I read in a newspaper article that Angela worked at a bank.
longliveum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angela hammond