Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2
Chicago Fire Finally Heads to Syndication; Peacock Picks Up New Comedy Which Takes Place at a Singing Competition
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 14, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Valerie Bertinelli Cast in Comedy Pilot with Demi Lovato; Broadway Version of The Nanny in the Works
Fri-Yay: Kim's Convenience Is An Underrated Streaming Sitcom; Ted Revived as Series for Peacock
CNN's History of the Sitcom Premieres July 11; Miracle Workers Returns to TBS for 3rd Season This Summer

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-12-2009, 12:05 PM   #31
leafygreens
Frequent Poster

I have said this before in another thread, but I believe that there could have been mold in the frame of the bed, that caused hallucinations when they were in the room. Then once they started getting freaked out, they saw "ghosts" in every little noise or incident. The smoke crawling across the floor is explainable, because sometimes I'll wake up from a deep dream and think the house is on fire because all I see is smoke. But when I blink my eyes a few times, it goes away. And interestingly, a lot of the "incidents" occurred when the Tallman's were sleeping. Your mind is relaxed and opened to all sorts of freakish things while you are alseep. I don't think the Tallman's were lying, just gullible!
leafygreens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 01:31 PM   #32
smoothvirus
Occasional Poster

Hi everyone, first post here.

Watched the "Tallman's Ghost" episode last night before I went to bed. And did a bit of online searching to see if there were any updates to the case.

So, I don't believe this was a hoax, I think the Tallmans truly believed that their house was haunted.

That said, I don't believe for one minute that there was actually an evil spirit that was tormenting the family. I am convinced that the cause behind this case was entirely psychological. The bunk bed was merely incidental, it had nothing to do with what went on.

It started with the children having nightmares, and confusing their bad dreams with reality. Children, especially young children, are prone to this sort of thing. In the UM segment the children said they saw a figure that "glowed like fire". I found this tidbit on another site:

http://ghosts-hauntings.suite101.com...ting_hoax_real
Quote:
Maryann watched a TV horror show featuring a fire and man wearing a pig’s cap running out of it. For months, she was plagued by images of conflagrations and men in animal hats. This could have been psychological.
So that explains that bit - the children saw a scary TV show that gave them nightmares. The children had scary nightmares, told each other about them and then started freaking each other out. Things only built from there.

Another clue is that things got really bad after the children's rooms had been moved around (and the bunk bed moved upstairs). Switching bedrooms can be stressful for a little kid.

I don't think it's unusual for all the kids in a family to get sick at the same time - this happened in my family a couple of times when I was a kid. One kid catches a virus and then gives it to the others. Also, if the kids were stressed out, that would have weakened their immune system.

So, it seems to me that the tipping point was when the Tallmans approached their pastor about the problems the children were having, he, rather irresponsibly IMO, told them demonic forces were at work. At that point the parents got freaked out too and started seeing things.

The whole paintbrush thing seemed a bit silly to me. As others have pointed out it can be easily explained.

I believe the fathers experiences can be attributed to a combination of stress and fatigue. When he saw the garage on fire he was coming home from a night shift and was probably tired, so he probably hallucinated it. I think the other things that happened to him were due to hypnopompic hallucinations, hallucinations that occur when we are between sleep and wakefulness. (I suffer from these myself).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia

I chalk the whole thing up to stress, fatigue, and a lot of hysteria. I don't believe in ghosts but I do like a good ghost story - and this one is a really good one.

Here's an article I found about the haunting with a more recent photo of the house:

http://www.ericwalterfilm.com/forum/...c.php?f=12&t=5

I *think* this is the house as viewed on Google Maps:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=43.444...,0.009645&z=17

There was a thread on a ghost forum where a member of the family that moved into the house after the Tallmans moved out had posted, but I can't find it now.
smoothvirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:41 PM   #33
Apostapler
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothvirus
Hi everyone, first post here.

Watched the "Tallman's Ghost" episode last night before I went to bed. And did a bit of online searching to see if there were any updates to the case.

So, I don't believe this was a hoax, I think the Tallmans truly believed that their house was haunted.

That said, I don't believe for one minute that there was actually an evil spirit that was tormenting the family. I am convinced that the cause behind this case was entirely psychological. The bunk bed was merely incidental, it had nothing to do with what went on.

It started with the children having nightmares, and confusing their bad dreams with reality. Children, especially young children, are prone to this sort of thing. In the UM segment the children said they saw a figure that "glowed like fire". I found this tidbit on another site:

http://ghosts-hauntings.suite101.com...ting_hoax_real

So that explains that bit - the children saw a scary TV show that gave them nightmares. The children had scary nightmares, told each other about them and then started freaking each other out. Things only built from there.

Another clue is that things got really bad after the children's rooms had been moved around (and the bunk bed moved upstairs). Switching bedrooms can be stressful for a little kid.

I don't think it's unusual for all the kids in a family to get sick at the same time - this happened in my family a couple of times when I was a kid. One kid catches a virus and then gives it to the others. Also, if the kids were stressed out, that would have weakened their immune system.

So, it seems to me that the tipping point was when the Tallmans approached their pastor about the problems the children were having, he, rather irresponsibly IMO, told them demonic forces were at work. At that point the parents got freaked out too and started seeing things.

The whole paintbrush thing seemed a bit silly to me. As others have pointed out it can be easily explained.

I believe the fathers experiences can be attributed to a combination of stress and fatigue. When he saw the garage on fire he was coming home from a night shift and was probably tired, so he probably hallucinated it. I think the other things that happened to him were due to hypnopompic hallucinations, hallucinations that occur when we are between sleep and wakefulness. (I suffer from these myself).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia

I chalk the whole thing up to stress, fatigue, and a lot of hysteria. I don't believe in ghosts but I do like a good ghost story - and this one is a really good one.

Here's an article I found about the haunting with a more recent photo of the house:

http://www.ericwalterfilm.com/forum/...c.php?f=12&t=5

I *think* this is the house as viewed on Google Maps:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=43.444...,0.009645&z=17

There was a thread on a ghost forum where a member of the family that moved into the house after the Tallmans moved out had posted, but I can't find it now.
Welcome!
Good theories. I think you will be hard pressed to find many on this forum that actually believe the haunting to be paranormal/supernatural. I was raised in a religion that REALLY bought into demon posession of people and objects, so I can sympathize with the family, as it seems they believed an object they bought second-hand was the catalyst for the activity. I saw this a lot as I was growing up. Instead of a person suffering from depression or paranoia or anxiety getting psychological help, they would look around in their life to figure out what demonic influences they had invited into their life, and throw out whatever object they believe a demon was attached to. Sad, really.

The Tallman's probably suffered from some degree of religious paranoia, combined with stress-induced psychoses and anxiety. Not to mention the "mass hysteria" factor plays here, as one family member experiencing something would have an effect on the others. Am I saying none of it is true? No, but I'm saying that they most likely believed it wholeheartedly, and so it was real for them. There's just no evidence to prove either way.
Apostapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 04:02 PM   #34
smoothvirus
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostapler
The Tallman's probably suffered from some degree of religious paranoia, combined with stress-induced psychoses and anxiety. Not to mention the "mass hysteria" factor plays here, as one family member experiencing something would have an effect on the others.
Yes this is what I think happened as well. Found some more info online, someone got in touch with the pastor, and he provided them with a presentation he gave on the case. He believed that the haunting could have been caused by an astrologer who lived in the Tallman's neighborhood. I suppose it's a good thing that this happened in 1986 and not 1686 or the poor astrologer probably would have been burned at the stake for summoning demons.

I suppose some things never change. sheesh

To be frank, the pastor angers me somewhat. The ghost may not have been real, but the anguish suffered by the Tallmans probably was. I can't prove that everything was due to hysteria stirred up by the pastor but it certainly did not help.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:03 AM   #35
SP4CE INV4DERZ
40-0 0WN3D
Forum Regular

Quote:
I wonder if this is it http://www.ghostvillage.com/ghostcom...pic=5594&st=15
SP4CE INV4DERZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:05 PM   #36
smoothvirus
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP4CE INV4DERZ

That's the one! Good find.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:20 PM   #37
leafygreens
Frequent Poster

Quote:
whole post
ITA. Makes much more sense than anything having to do with the bunk bed.
leafygreens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:45 AM   #38
Smokescreen
Frequent Poster

Alright, alright - gotta throw in my two cents here 'cause this story used to scare the crap outta me when I was a kid (and seriously believed in demons and ghosts and spirits and all that)

I've read through ll the posts and there are some really good points made by Apostapler, leafygreens and smoothvirus

Quote:
Originally posted by leafygreens there could have been mold in the frame of the bed, that caused hallucinations when they were in the room. Then once they started getting freaked out, they saw "ghosts" in every little noise or incident.
Quote:
Originally posted by Apostapler Instead of a person suffering from depression or paranoia or anxiety getting psychological help, they would look around in their life to figure out what demonic influences they had invited into their life, and throw out whatever object they believe a demon was attached to. Sad, really.

The Tallman's probably suffered from some degree of religious paranoia, combined with stress-induced psychoses and anxiety. Not to mention the "mass hysteria" factor plays here, as one family member experiencing something would have an effect on the others

Quote:
Originally posted by smoothvirus I think the Tallmans truly believed that their house was haunted.

It started with the children having nightmares, and confusing their bad dreams with reality. Children, especially young children, are prone to this sort of thing.

I agree with all the above statements

So let's take a look

Incidents included:

* Allen becoming nervous and short tempered

-This could be due to:

Stress at work, financial troubles, lack of sleep, family driving him nuts, etc.

* The Tallmans' kitten, Cat, went out of control, climbing walls and flying across rooms

-Some cats are just bat-sh*t crazy

* Chairs bounced and rocked, then, suddenly stopped

-Would this occur when a large vehicle drove by? Was the house's foundation completely stable?

* Kenny's radio changed stations on its own

-It's called a weak signal.
This has happened to me before, a weak signal or the dial is set between stations. As a result the signal comes in and out.

(Unless maybe the ghost just couldn't decide between country and easy listening)

* The children and Deborah had nightmares

-And no one ever has nightmares...

* Paintbrushes moved by themselves

In what way exactly?
Also, what's so scary about that? It's not like they started spelling out "You dead meat, sucka" or anything

* The basement window was removed and put on the floor without human help

Did anyone actually witness this or what? If the family did, I call it hearsay. If they saw it placed on the floor when no one was around, I'd call it B & E

* Allen saw the garage in flames that weren't real

-That's called a hallucication

* Maryann talked to someone or something unseen

-Most kids do. It doesn't automatically make it a ghost

* Kenny saw a short, repugnant old woman

I do all the time, I call her grandma

Seriously though, did anyone verify this was or was not a dream?

* Maryann watched a TV horror show featuring a fire and man wearing a pig's cap running out of it. For months, she was plagued by images of conflagrations and men in animal hats. This could have been psychological.

-Let's replace the words "could have been" with "was"

and I gotta totally agree with smoothvirus on this one

Quote:
the tipping point was when the Tallmans approached their pastor about the problems the children were having, he, rather irresponsibly IMO, told them demonic forces were at work. At that point the parents got freaked out too and started seeing things.

Okay my theories on this ghost story are:

The kids had bad nightmares and the parents started believing them ( and stress/ lack of sleep didn't help 'em either)

The Pastor got involved and just basically blamed everything on "The Devil"

Why? Because anything going wrong in a Christian home HAS to be the work of the Devil, right? I mean, the Pastor's gotta earn his keep somehow.
Also, this story took occurred in the mid-eighties, a time when the Devil was the cause of everything bad and out to get everyone.

and that's it

Okay my questions about this case are:

1) Did anyone bother checking for a gas leak?

2) Did anyone bother checking the spooky, second-hand bunk bed for any mold?

3) Did anyone bother to check to see if it really was pranksters?

4) Did anyone bother to check out where the spooky, second-hand bunk bed came from or who may have previously owned it? (not that it really matters... wanna know why? Because it wasn't haunted :P)

Terrifying, isn't it?

So there ya have it. Normally I really don't bother with these kinds of threads but this one I have a soft spot for and it used to scare me and now I just find the whole thing really funny in a retarded kinda way.

I mean, I don't/ can't believe in ghosts (and I can say this now as I used to be a "ghost hunter" for a few years in my early twenties)
but I still love a good ghost story -and this one has the makings of a good ghost story

Personally for me, this planet's weird, bizarre, amazing, interesting and awesome enough without having to resort to believing in ghosts, demons, elves, sasquatch, alien abductions, lake creatures, goat suckers and Elvis sightings

Yes, truth is a hell of a lot stranger stranger than fiction

There are real monsters however. They go by names like Oba Chandler, Gary Ridgeway and Dennis Rader
Smokescreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:27 AM   #39
lotjx
Occasional Poster

I registered today mainly to discount Smokescreen rather poorly done sarcasm of this entire thread. I didn't want to, felt it was needed. I vaguley remember the case, so I am going by most of what you guys posted here. So, I am going to go through his post and help along the way.

-This could be due to:

Stress at work, financial troubles, lack of sleep, family driving him nuts, etc.

(Agreed. Also, you pointed out that his family was driving him nuts, because of the paranomral activity.)

* The Tallmans' kitten, Cat, went out of control, climbing walls and flying across rooms

(Yeah, when cat goes nuts it FLIES across the room. No amout of crazy is going to change the laws of physics. Yeah, cats are extreme acrobatic, but they don't change their attitude a lot either unless sick for some reason and that usually slows them down.)

-Would this occur when a large vehicle drove by? Was the house's foundation completely stable?

(Interesting points, but even on a quiet road you can tell if its a vehicle or not. it also depends on how they moved was it a milimeter or a foot?)

(If I remember correctly the dial moved that is not caused by weak signal.)

(Unless maybe the ghost just couldn't decide between country and easy listening)

(Really?)

(There are nightmares and there are nightmares.Again not paranormal, but do they sleep walk is it awaking dream or other explainations?)

In what way exactly?
Also, what's so scary about that? It's not like they started spelling out "You dead meat, sucka" or anything

(Again really. I think items by themselves with no visible or sonic force is rather odd. Again it depends on how they moved as well was it an inch or a foot?)

Did anyone actually witness this or what? If the family did, I call it hearsay. If they saw it placed on the floor when no one was around, I'd call it B & E

(Regardless if its paranormal or B & E, its still a mystery that is unsolved. It probably didn't help matters in the house either. Not saying paranormal or not its just odd.)

-That's called a hallucication

(And what proof of hallucication do you have? Maybe he did, maybe he didn't we don't really know. Again its like the window, he believes it happened there is no real proof either way. Its again another odd event.)

-Most kids do. It doesn't automatically make it a ghosts

(Kids have imigainary friends, no question about that. However, the kids control those conversations for the most part when the conservation becomes more intense then something else is happening. Could be paranormal or could be psychological? Its another odd event.)

(Seriously, you made that joke? I would say it wasn't a dream since it would have been included in the dreams section. I would say this maybe the weakest one, because we don't know the circumstances involved maybe she was part of the B & E you are using for the window on the floor? Tack this up to being weird as well.)

* Maryann watched a TV horror show featuring a fire and man wearing a pig's cap running out of it. For months, she was plagued by images of conflagrations and men in animal hats. This could have been psychological.

(Yeah, You are pretty dead on with this one.)

You're four questions are valid,,but again without watching the show again I don't know if these have already been answered. I do agree with the idea that going to the priest who seems to have a problem with occult not the best idea ever. I also agree that most of this stuff can be easily explained away, but not all of it. Its too many weird consequences for me. Someone said if Ghost Hunters was around they would investigate it, yeah I doubt it. Historical landmarks with phat pay checks seem to be all they are interested anymore maybe if it was season 1 where they did a lot more personal hautnings then yeah maybe. I do think the family believes stuff happened and the fact they lost a ton of cash out of it helps their case. The fact that nothing happened to the new owners could mean they close the gate before they felt, there was no paranormal activity or it could be another of other reasons that really doesn't discount it. Granted most haunted house cases tend to pass to owners, but that doesn't hold true all the time. It could be an entity that either follows them or was more attracted to the previous owners like the kids. The kids not being on camera was a smart move by the parents. Its a no win situation. If they were on TV, people would scream explotation of the children to get money. Better to leave them off TV.

The main reason I responded to Smokescreen was the use of the word, retarded. I am not against using that word, I just think you used it as a straw man device to get people to not speak up against you. Since it implies, you are the only one smart enough to go over all these "facts" and anyone who disagrees with you is a retard. I disagree whole heartily since most of your analysis was to make bad jokes. While you did have some valid points, it was countered by your smart ass I am better then anyone vibe of your post. I am not saying you are not right, I am just saying your presentation was crap. I am not sure if the story is true or not, but I am not a big of mulitple consequences that takes a ton of effort to explain to fit into the norms of society.

P.S. No Spellcheck on this forum, well this is going to be fun.
lotjx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:54 AM   #40
Smokescreen
Frequent Poster

Hey fair enough (I didn't think anyone would care)

Although I gotta say, I don't think anyone who disagrees with me is a retard.
Go right ahead and disagree, I'm not gonna stop ya

Also, I don't feel I'm better anyone else and I'm sorry if you unfortunately misinterpreted it as that

Well, guess I gotta retort:

-This could be due to:

Quote:
(Agreed. Also, you pointed out that his family was driving him nuts, because of the paranomral activity.)
Assuming there was anything even paranormal

Quote:
(Yeah, when cat goes nuts it FLIES across the room. No amout of crazy is going to change the laws of physics. Yeah, cats are extreme acrobatic, but they don't change their attitude a lot either unless sick for some reason and that usually slows them down.)
The story didn't specify in what context the term "flies" applied to. There's no proof saying the cat was flying. Could it have lept across the room? I dunno. I don't have evidence or proof so I gotta chalk it up to the cats just bein' bat-sh*t crazy

Quote:
(Interesting points, but even on a quiet road you can tell if its a vehicle or not. it also depends on how they moved was it a milimeter or a foot?)
Hey, I don't know if Larabee Street is quiet street or a busy street or what. (Anyone here know? Help me verify this, people) I'm just saying that if say, a heavy moving truck or a semi drives down this street, it could possibly shake stuff in the house. Again, the story doesn't specify how far furniture moved and again, that's why I'm skeptical.

Quote:
(If I remember correctly the dial moved that is not caused by weak signal.)

Yeah, that was actually part of the UM re-enactment - it wasn't like, real footage or anything. So really, that's not proof.

Quote:
(Really?)
How the heck should I know?

Quote:
(There are nightmares and there are nightmares.Again not paranormal, but do they sleep walk is it awaking dream or other explainations?)
Quote:
There are nightmares and there are nightmares
So what's the difference?

In what way exactly?

Quote:
(Again really. I think items by themselves with no visible or sonic force is rather odd. Again it depends on how they moved as well was it an inch or a foot?)
Again, there's nothing to verify this at all. No footage, no one outside of the family apparently saw moving paintbrushes- so how do we know it's not just made up?

Did anyone actually witness this or what? If the family did, I'd call it hearsay. If they saw it placed on the floor when no one was around, I'd call it B & E

Quote:
(Regardless if its paranormal or B & E, its still a mystery that is unsolved. It probably didn't help matters in the house either. Not saying paranormal or not its just odd.)
So maybe the Tallman's really shoulda called the police and tried solving the mystery of who was trying to break in their home instead of blaming it on the The Devil.

-That's called a hallucination

Quote:
(And what proof of hallucication do you have?
Um, well the story says this:

Allen saw the garage in flames that weren't real

Quote:
Maybe he did, maybe he didn't we don't really know. Again its like the window, he believes it happened there is no real proof either way. Its again another odd event.)
If he believed he saw flames that still doesn't prove anything supernatural occured

-Most kids do. It doesn't automatically make it a ghost

Quote:
(Kids have imigainary friends, no question about that. However, the kids control those conversations for the most part when the conservation becomes more intense then something else is happening. Could be paranormal or could be psychological? Its another odd event.)
Well, seeing as that there really has never been any real evidence that ghosts even exist, I'd go with psychological

Quote:
(Seriously, you made that joke?
Yup

Quote:
I would say it wasn't a dream
Okay, fair enough. So where's the proof?

Quote:
since it would have been included in the dreams section.
... that's the proof?

Quote:
I would say this maybe the weakest one, because we don't know the circumstances involved maybe she was part of the B & E you are using for the window on the floor? Tack this up to being weird as well.)

I'd say they're all kinda weak due to the fact that
Quote:
we don't know the circumstances involved

and it really could be chalked up to being hearsay. I mean, if the kid(s) saw an old woman, why didn't the Tallman's
get the kids to describe to an artist what she looked like so they could get a sketch. From there, they coulda tried to identify this old lady. Also, if they thought their house was haunted, why didn't they check up the history of their house?

Quote:
(Yeah, You are pretty dead on with this one.)
Well thank ye

I personally just don't believe in the paranormal. I used to, but after a couple of decades of seeing zero proof I just can't subscribe to it anymore. I've lived in a supposed "Haunted House" and have worked at a supposedly "Haunted Hotel" and hadn't seen or experienced a damn thing.

Hey if anyone wants to believe in the paranormal, that's cool - I mean, what do I know? I'm just some dude. I just need proof of such things. It's a kind of a neat ghost story but thats really all it is 'cause no other proof or incidences have come up since then

Quote:
I am not saying you are not right, I am just saying your presentation was crap.
Hmmm, I didn't know that my presentation was being graded or anything

Plus I didn't realize my little post would get anyone's goat - (especially with this silly story) Ah well, just no pleasin' some people (shrugs)

well... try and have a nice day

Last edited by Smokescreen; 05-17-2010 at 07:12 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:04 PM   #41
Mastermind

Quote:
I registered today mainly to discount Smokescreen rather poorly done sarcasm of this entire thread. I didn't want to, felt it was needed. I vaguley remember the case, so I am going by most of what you guys posted here. So, I am going to go through his post and help along the way.
You registered just to trash one poster on a case you vaguely remember??
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:23 PM   #42
lotjx
Occasional Poster

Yep. Now, I am going to be here full time thanks to that reply.
lotjx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:09 PM   #43
Smokescreen
Frequent Poster

Um.. okay....

Really, really strange but hey, whatever floats yer boat I guess...

Last edited by Smokescreen; 05-17-2010 at 06:46 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:05 AM   #44
Apostapler
Forum Regular

Hey I want to believe, don't get me wrong, but even I won't say that ghosts are real without concrete evidence. No one has conclusively proven that "ghosts" are dead people or demons or hallucinations of the mind. What evidence has been collected (and I mean EVP, video, photo, infrared, etc.) is subjective in itself. And measurements like EMF and temperature are even moreso. Why? Because you can't scientifically prove what you are measuring. You can gather data, and you can make correlations and inferences, but none of this stuff conclusively proves anything. I love ghosts shows with a passion, but I take everything with a grain of salt. It's interesting, captivating, and exciting...and I'd like to believe it's real (and by that I mean what we think of as ghosts and hauntings), but I have to keep an open mind.

Now, that being said, there's a difference between that data being collected and showing some trends and useful information...and the Tallman case. That is that the Tallman case had none of it. All there is is some anecdotal evidence which, in comparison to other cases, isn't all that special.
Apostapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:08 AM   #45
youngUMfan
Frequent Poster

Welcome to the forum lotjx.
How do you explain the cat's behavior in regards to ghosts? Do you believe they can "sense" ghosts like humans do?
youngUMfan is offline   Reply With Quote