Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Perfect Strangers Reboot in the Works; New Head of the Class DVD Release
Fri-Yay: Master of None Pivots Genres in Season 3; Highway to Heaven Event Movies Coming to Lifetime; Remembering Frank Bonner of WKRP in Cincinnati
Antenna TV Summer 2021 Schedule; The CW Fall 2021 Premiere Dates
All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2
Chicago Fire Finally Heads to Syndication; Peacock Picks Up New Comedy Which Takes Place at a Singing Competition
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 14, 2021)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-17-2007, 01:09 AM   #16
AVERMAN
Frequent Poster

Well said DarkDante.

It's the little inconsistencies that you mentioned that lead me to seriously question the credibility of the Tallmans, and to question whether this story is real or just a load of bullsh*t. The fact that they are into Ouija boards could show that they have an interest in spirits and the paranormal and things like that which could prove that they aren't just innocent victims of a ghost haunting.
AVERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 01:17 AM   #17
SP4CE INV4DERZ
40-0 0WN3D
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVERMAN
I agree with that too. I believe that the Tallman's actually believe what they're saying, but I don't believe what they said happened actually happened, at least not the way it was presented. I believe that they are hallucinations or there was something in the house causing them to hallucinate. I don't believe for a second that the "ghosts" that were unleashed into the house came from the bunkbed.

Just for the record, I believe this story lost credibility with the garage on fire. If the garage was really on fire, i'm sure the people in the street would have noticed something. The garage on fire is why I believe they were all hallucinations.
Yeh I too have glossed over the notion that the bunkbeds weren't related to the actually hauntings and ghost stories. I also have a problem with the timeline of events given in the boardcast. This is just going from memory; The Tallman's moved into the home in April 1986 and Stack and Debbie (in interview) says "within weeks the Tallman children began to fall ill", yet in the beginning of the story it says "the Bunkbeds where purchased in late February 1987 and it started 9 months of terror". Stack then says the bed was moved in May (1987). So here you have the family moved in and the kids falling sick straight away, then 9 months later the Tallman's buy the actual bed and 3 months later they move the bed...? Maybe all this is an UM continuity error but it sure stood out for me.

I'll also note that part of this story gives me one of the biggest UM laughs; the part where the relative screams is a crack up It's like a Kramer (Seinfeld) moment
SP4CE INV4DERZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 01:58 AM   #18
AVERMAN
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Invaderz
I'll also note that part of this story gives me one of the biggest UM laughs; the part where the relative screams is a crack up It's like a Kramer (Seinfeld) moment
That made me jump when i first saw that because it was so unexpected. I found it odd that UM didn't actually show any of the ghosts such as the woman with her hair on fire, they only showed the garage on fire and the toolbox flying across the room.
AVERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 02:27 PM   #19
Beetlejuice69
Man With The Plan
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Oh yeah, someone else's terror is a frigging riot.
Beetlejuice69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 02:33 PM   #20
Beetlejuice69
Man With The Plan
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVERMAN
Don't tell me you actually believe the bunkbed story.

How many other people that have appeared on Unsolved Mysteries talking about how they have experienced the paranormal, don't have their faces obscured. Look at Betty Cash, she witnessed a UFO and pretty much blamed the military first hand, without having her face obscured.

Here are some of the possibilities I see...

*This whole story is a hoax.
*The kids weren't interviewed NOT because they were too young, but because they probably have no idea about the hoax, or the parents didn't want the kids to suffer harrassment once their hoax was revealed.
*The events were probable drug induced hallucinations caused by the wacky tobaccy. They're probably so stoned they believe these things actually happened.
*Maybe they decided to have their faces obscured out of fear of harrasment, but why would they think they would be harrassed? Could it be because they didn't want their drug supplier to find out they had gone on TV talking about the zany effects of his or her stash?
I can see your points, but I still say the kids were kept off TV to keep from traumatising them any further.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:19 AM   #21
SP4CE INV4DERZ
40-0 0WN3D
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlejuice69
Oh yeah, someone else's terror is a frigging riot.
What can I say, the scream makes me laugh
SP4CE INV4DERZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 04:39 PM   #22
Beetlejuice69
Man With The Plan
Frequent Poster

Quote:
What can I say, the scream makes me laugh
Old 02-25-2007, 06:44 PM   #23
oicvah
Occasional Poster

I think this one's a hoax also, mainly because they did not disclose their identities. There seems to be no plausible threat of harassment so I'm not sure why they did that.
oicvah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 07:44 AM   #24
wiseguy182
Forum Veteran

Personally, I don't think the Tallman's hiding of their identities means that that their story can be debunked. I had read somewhere that there was heavy traffic around their house due to the reported ghost, far more than normal for a house in its location of Horicon, WI. While we don't know their identities, it looks like most people in and around Horicon, WI know exactly who they are.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:16 PM   #25
JRA2000TL
Frequent Poster

I was bored today and did some research on this case. Apparently, the Tallmans aren't hiding their identity really. I did a search and only one Allen & Debbi Tallman for the whole state of WI came up. Their address shows Beaver Dam, WI, which coincidentally is a couple of miles up the road from Horicon. I figure that has to be them.

You can find them in the online white pages directory. Has anyone been by the house recently or know which one it is? I have a business trip scheduled for Germantown, WI the first week of May. I want to drive up there and see if I can find the house. I'd be interested to know if they had anymore problems after they left. Supposedly the people that bought the house after them had no problems according to UM.
JRA2000TL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 04:07 AM   #26
Jediknight1823
Frequent Poster

There is one thing that is for sure about this segment, and that's the fact it still creeps me out to this day.

I think it's 100% legit. I don't think it had anything to do with the bunkbeds though. I agree with the ouija board theory. I think the Tallmans screwed around with the spirit world and opened a door. The problem was that they didn't close that door. And the fact that they didn't close that door, allowed for the haunting to take place.
Jediknight1823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:12 AM   #27
LuLu Rogers
Colonel Brandon
Forum Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to LuLu Rogers

I wish I could see this segment again, haven't seen it in years!

"I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death."-Professor Severus Snape
LuLu Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:15 AM   #28
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up
Forum 3K Club Member

I found a discussion where one of the posters said this:

When stories are displayed on T.V. they always change a few things. I have the Unsolved Mysteries series with all the Ghost stories. I was saddened to find the Myrtles Plantation differented from Frances book as well, so when I watched the Horicon episode titled Tallman's Ghost it was based on the bunk beds and not everything else that Michael listed.

I have a ghost web-board of my own and I broke his book down in my own words as to what went on there. Basically the media flip flopped everything out of proportion. There was no blood running down the walls, or a head less snow blower making his rounds.

All they had was an entity that disturbed their peace of mind. This entity only came out at night when it turned the house dark, everything went wrong. There's too much to list so to make it short, when they got the bunk beds and made a kid switch in rooms, is when the entity acted up really badly. Although it was there before the switch.

As time went on it got worse and then they saw the apparation of the Evil. It only appeared twice before Debbie packed up her kids and fled the house and never again did they live in that house. They stayed with church people until they found a new place. They lost everything in the process which makes it a very believable story.

http://www.ghostvillage.com/ghostcom...6&#entry311466
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:08 AM   #29
justins5256
Forum 3K Club Member

I read this thread again last night and I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I believe the family was being honest in relaying experiences that they think happened. As to whether these experiences did take place exactly as described or if they were the victims of paranormal phenomena, no one can say with any certainty. The belief in the paranormal is obviously a very personal and individual issue.

If this were a hoax, I just don't see the motive. The family remained anonymous where as most hoaxes are done for attention or fame, and it didn't seem that the family was looking for that. As for their kids not being interviewed, I don't see that being an issue. They were young when these events allegedly occurred and probably traumatized and I can understand the parents not wantiing to have their children subjected to the trauma of reliving these experiences by having to repeat the stories over and over.

I guess the only thing that makes me second guess the validity of the claims is that some aspects of this story seem to parallel the Amityville Horror. The father's account of the eyes peering out of the garage for instance is very similar to a story straight out of the Amityville novel.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:35 AM   #30
Apostapler
Forum Regular

Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by justins5256
I read this thread again last night and I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I believe the family was being honest in relaying experiences that they think happened. As to whether these experiences did take place exactly as described or if they were the victims of paranormal phenomena, no one can say with any certainty. The belief in the paranormal is obviously a very personal and individual issue.

If this were a hoax, I just don't see the motive. The family remained anonymous where as most hoaxes are done for attention or fame, and it didn't seem that the family was looking for that. As for their kids not being interviewed, I don't see that being an issue. They were young when these events allegedly occurred and probably traumatized and I can understand the parents not wantiing to have their children subjected to the trauma of reliving these experiences by having to repeat the stories over and over.

I guess the only thing that makes me second guess the validity of the claims is that some aspects of this story seem to parallel the Amityville Horror. The father's account of the eyes peering out of the garage for instance is very similar to a story straight out of the Amityville novel.

If Ghost Hunters had been on TV back then they probably wouldn't have moved!
Apostapler is offline   Reply With Quote