Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2
Chicago Fire Finally Heads to Syndication; Peacock Picks Up New Comedy Which Takes Place at a Singing Competition
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 14, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Valerie Bertinelli Cast in Comedy Pilot with Demi Lovato; Broadway Version of The Nanny in the Works
Fri-Yay: Kim's Convenience Is An Underrated Streaming Sitcom; Ted Revived as Series for Peacock
CNN's History of the Sitcom Premieres July 11; Miracle Workers Returns to TBS for 3rd Season This Summer

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-28-2005, 08:14 PM   #1
pjpiazza
Frequent Poster

Default bunk bed segment

I read a few posts that made a reference to this segment and I myself have mentioned this one before which leads me to my question to you guys, "Do you believe the bunk bed was the cause of the hauntings?" Yes or no? I've watched the segment numerous times and I believe there was a connection. Perhaps they unleashed spirits when they opened up the box or something, who knows.
pjpiazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 09:09 PM   #2
U.M. Fanatic
Forum Regular

The way Unsolved Mysteries presented this story, I think anybody would assume the haunting started after they bought the bunk bed. I found this great article about the haunting that I dont think has been mentioned before.

http://members.aol.com/brunsman/ghost.html

It's long, but well worth the read.
U.M. Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 12:14 PM   #3
Beetlejuice69
Man With The Plan
Frequent Poster

There's a house a few miles from me that looks exactly like the house in the segment. AAAHHHHH!

Look, Bea Arthur, too!
Beetlejuice69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 11:04 PM   #4
unsolved_on_film
Frequent Poster

I have been through that town (Horicon) many times. I drive past the house each time. I dont get that "vibe".
It was either the bunk beds, or an ouija board. The bunk beds were buried, and it seems the hauntings went with them, but I'm no expert.
All I know is that segment is beautifully produced, and I am not going to dig too much deeper than I have. I don't want to ruin the feeling that segment gave me back in the day.
Read the book, "Haunted America", written in 1994. There is a whole chapter on the testimonial story of the Tallmans. Good stuff.
unsolved_on_film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 11:53 PM   #5
AVERMAN
Frequent Poster

I watched this story for the first time on YouTube. When I start watching stories like these, I try to watch them with an open mind, and try to believe what is being reported. However I believe this story has been entirely fabricated and is nothing more than a hoax.

Most of the events seem to be a load of crap. The paintbrush in the paint can could be explained in the sense that he may have left the brush on top of the paint can and he forgot where he left it, and it just slipped in. Or it may not have even happened.

The fire, i believe, was imagined, one way or another. He either imagined a fire, or he made the story up. I'm sure there would have been witnesses to such an event.

As for the events which happened to the kids, I believe they were entirely made up.

Why weren't the kids allowed to be interviewed? And why were their faces obscured?

Also, the family that moved into the house after the Tallmans apparently have no reports of paranormal activity.

Let's say hypothetically, these events did take place, how can it be then attributed to the bunk bed as being the source of the events? By claiming that they only took place while the bunk bed was in the house??

It's an interesting story, but I don't buy it for a second. I smell a hoax.
AVERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 12:54 PM   #6
Beetlejuice69
Man With The Plan
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVERMAN
Why weren't the kids allowed to be interviewed? And why were their faces obscured?
The incidents took place just a few years (one year?) before the segment aired. The kids were still little. Would you want your kids going on national television and reliving the worst nightmare of their lives?

And their faces were obscured for the same reason crime victims' faces are obscured: to protect their identities from any would-be harassment.
Beetlejuice69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 01:13 PM   #7
AVERMAN
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlejuice69
The incidents took place just a few years (one year?) before the segment aired. The kids were still little. Would you want your kids going on national television and reliving the worst nightmare of their lives?

And their faces were obscured for the same reason crime victims' faces are obscured: to protect their identities from any would-be harassment.
Don't tell me you actually believe the bunkbed story.

How many other people that have appeared on Unsolved Mysteries talking about how they have experienced the paranormal, don't have their faces obscured. Look at Betty Cash, she witnessed a UFO and pretty much blamed the military first hand, without having her face obscured.

Here are some of the possibilities I see...

*This whole story is a hoax.
*The kids weren't interviewed NOT because they were too young, but because they probably have no idea about the hoax, or the parents didn't want the kids to suffer harrassment once their hoax was revealed.
*The events were probable drug induced hallucinations caused by the wacky tobaccy. They're probably so stoned they believe these things actually happened.
*Maybe they decided to have their faces obscured out of fear of harrasment, but why would they think they would be harrassed? Could it be because they didn't want their drug supplier to find out they had gone on TV talking about the zany effects of his or her stash?
Old 02-15-2007, 01:23 PM   #8
justins5256

Quote:
*The events were probable drug induced hallucinations caused by the wacky tobaccy. They're probably so stoned they believe these things actually happened.
Proof? There was nothing in the segment alluding to drug (ab)use.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 01:58 PM   #9
AVERMAN
Frequent Poster

If they attribute it to drugs, then it's not really an unsolved mystery anymore.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:13 PM   #10
Dislimb
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular

This thread =
Dislimb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 02:25 PM   #11
justins5256

Quote:
If they attribute it to drugs, then it's not really an unsolved mystery anymore.
Regardless, you're still jumping to conclusions that are not supported by anything.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 09:35 PM   #12
AVERMAN
Frequent Poster

But there is no logical explanation for any of the events that took place. The guy sees his garage on fire, he later returns to find that it never was on fire. I think he might have been hallucinating.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:28 PM   #13
SP4CE INV4DERZ
40-0 0WN3D
Forum Regular

Quote:
I watched this story for the first time on YouTube. When I start watching stories like these, I try to watch them with an open mind, and try to believe what is being reported. However I believe this story has been entirely fabricated and is nothing more than a hoax.

Most of the events seem to be a load of crap. The paintbrush in the paint can could be explained in the sense that he may have left the brush on top of the paint can and he forgot where he left it, and it just slipped in. Or it may not have even happened.

The fire, i believe, was imagined, one way or another. He either imagined a fire, or he made the story up. I'm sure there would have been witnesses to such an event.

As for the events which happened to the kids, I believe they were entirely made up.

Also, the family that moved into the house after the Tallmans apparently have no reports of paranormal activity.

Let's say hypothetically, these events did take place, how can it be then attributed to the bunk bed as being the source of the events? By claiming that they only took place while the bunk bed was in the house??

It's an interesting story, but I don't buy it for a second. I smell a hoax.
This one isn't a hoax, this is definately believeable. Usually when you watch Ghost stories you can pretty quickly tell what's BS and what's not. Even if it isn't a ghost I believe the Tallman family believe what they say happened. They seemed pretty genuine on camera to me. Also to me it's commonsense the kids weren't interviewed and if I was a parent I wouldn't consent to my young children go on camera and talk about what happened.
SP4CE INV4DERZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 11:55 PM   #14
AVERMAN
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Invaderz
Even if it isn't a ghost I believe the Tallman family believe what they say happened.
I agree with that too. I believe that the Tallman's actually believe what they're saying, but I don't believe what they said happened actually happened, at least not the way it was presented. I believe that they are hallucinations or there was something in the house causing them to hallucinate. I don't believe for a second that the "ghosts" that were unleashed into the house came from the bunkbed.

Just for the record, I believe this story lost credibility with the garage on fire. If the garage was really on fire, i'm sure the people in the street would have noticed something. The garage on fire is why I believe they were all hallucinations.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:28 AM   #15
DarkDante

Just for the record I never felt that the bunkbed was "the source of evil" - I'd agree more with the pastor's viewpoint that the Tallman's were fond of using Ouija boards and this could've possibly caused something from the demonic realm to enter their household if in fact you believe their story.

There was also the suggestion that a woman whom Debbie had quarrelled with may have placed a curse on her household. This woman apparently was a follower of witchcraft. It is important to note that this allegation was not brought forward by the Tallmans but by news reporters who covered the case making it even less plausible than the "haunted bunk bed" in my mind.

As far as why the children weren't interviewed, while it is very easy to draw conclusions that the children weren't interviewed because they would've "destroyed the illusion" of a haunting by saying something like "mommy and daddy are making this all up" - it is possible that Alan and Debbie didn't want their children to be further traumatized by having to relay their experiences on nationwide television. It could've very easily made their children outcasts in school and in their social lives and perhaps as parents the Tallmans wanted to shield their children as much as possible.

While I do this this is one of the more plausible ghost stories, I still have some concerns about the Tallman's bizarre behavior which makes me question their credibility. While I'll admit that these bizarre reactions might fall in line with equally bizarre events the following two incidents have always struck me as a bit odd.

- I might be willing to give the Tallman's a wider berth than Averman in regards to the garage that mysteriously was ablaze one second only to be perfectly fine the next. However I believe Alan Tallman's explanation of these events was too over the top leading one to believe that perhaps he was taking the inspiration for these tales out of a science fiction novel.

A crucial detail was left out of the UM segment and that is when Tallman peered into the flaming garage "There were two eyes in the windows" apparently staring back at him. I have a hard time swallowing that one - it sounds too much like a plot from a cheap 70s horror film.

- Debbie Tallman's reaction to the entities in her household is also circumspect including her somewhat cruel inital lies to her own children regarding what was going on in the house. Debbie intially explained to her children that the entities they saw were at first their deceased grandmother and later Jesus Christ.

This has already stuck me as a bit odd because if indeed the children were witnessing these horrible visions...I would only assume their mother would've tried to whisk them out of the home as soon as possible and not make up outrageous tales involving relatives and Jesus Christ which causes me to seriously question Debbies' credibility and mental state in this matter.
DarkDante is offline   Reply With Quote