Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2
Chicago Fire Finally Heads to Syndication; Peacock Picks Up New Comedy Which Takes Place at a Singing Competition
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 14, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Valerie Bertinelli Cast in Comedy Pilot with Demi Lovato; Broadway Version of The Nanny in the Works
Fri-Yay: Kim's Convenience Is An Underrated Streaming Sitcom; Ted Revived as Series for Peacock
CNN's History of the Sitcom Premieres July 11; Miracle Workers Returns to TBS for 3rd Season This Summer

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-27-2009, 04:34 PM   #16
lilmissd
Frequent Poster

Why is this just coming to light now? I mean 1999 was 10 years ago, anything could have happened in that amount of time. People's recollections fade in time, and if she's just coming forward with this now, why wait so long? I really don't think this sighting is credible, too many things about it don't add up.
lilmissd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:19 PM   #17
dawnfla6aa2
Frequent Poster

I remember this story from years ago and just saw it again yesterday. What bothered me is that his parents were in such a hurry to move to Florida. Why didn't they take him to Florida and look for a group home there? It just seems very selfish to me.
dawnfla6aa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:42 AM   #18
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Sometimes such a home is best for the affected family member. For those wishing insight on such a decision, please listen to Act 2 of this http://www.thisamericanlife.org/Radi...spx?sched=1150 radio program.
Cori aka ChrisSCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 04:45 PM   #19
freshwater
Frequent Poster

Doesn't Gordon Page Jr. look a lot like Kenneth The Page from 30 Rock? They're dead ringers in one of the pictures of Gordon that I've seen.
freshwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 07:28 PM   #20
browneyes106

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnfla6aa2
I remember this story from years ago and just saw it again yesterday. What bothered me is that his parents were in such a hurry to move to Florida. Why didn't they take him to Florida and look for a group home there? It just seems very selfish to me.

I also thought they could have taken him to Florida and found a group home there for him. I sometimes can see why people put relatives with disabilities in group homes but leaving them 2,000 miles behind does sound a little hard to me.
browneyes106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 12:22 AM   #21
Blackout
Sart Bimpson

i bet he probably passed away and was just never found sadly
Old 11-21-2009, 12:47 PM   #22
Mastermind

Quote:
i bet he probably passed away and was just never found sadly
Passed away indicates that he died of natural causes.

I have three other theories on Gordon Pages whereabouts other than death:

1. Mental health care is not the best in terms of clerical and adminitration. I think it's very possible that some poorly run mental health facility acquired Gordon Page and haven;t been able to connect him to his family. Hell He might even still be there.
2. Gordon may have merged into the homeless popultion in some city. He's become one of those "homeless crazies" that we always ignore. Hopefully he's found someway to survive. Maybe he found another homeless person who was willing to "school" him in survival on ths streets. Hopefully.
3. if Gordon Page was homeless or institutionalized for a while and say only recently got help or care that got him out of his situation. This benefactor may not be the most open or gregarious person. They may notbe aware of who Gordon really is or may not even care to find his original family.

Something to keep in mind is that if Gordon's appearance may be radically different after all these years. Especially considering how his life may be. I doubt we would even recognize him. I hate to say this, but malnutrition, physical handicap and an extremely worse mental condition would make him eve more unrecognizable.

Sadly I tend to side with the idea that Gordon is a homeless person, now.
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 03:11 PM   #23
Mysteryphile
I wonder what happened to her.
Forum Regular

[
Sadly I tend to side with the idea that Gordon is a homeless person, now.[/QUOTE]

Well, better homeless than dead...at least if he were homeless his family has a chance of finding him again...this is one case where I think there is real hope that they might be reunited again. (don't ask what I'm basing that on though, lol...maybe just wishful thinking?)
Mysteryphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 12:26 AM   #24
browneyes106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind
Passed away indicates that he died of natural causes.

I have three other theories on Gordon Pages whereabouts other than death:

1. Mental health care is not the best in terms of clerical and adminitration. I think it's very possible that some poorly run mental health facility acquired Gordon Page and haven;t been able to connect him to his family. Hell He might even still be there.
2. Gordon may have merged into the homeless popultion in some city. He's become one of those "homeless crazies" that we always ignore. Hopefully he's found someway to survive. Maybe he found another homeless person who was willing to "school" him in survival on ths streets. Hopefully.
3. if Gordon Page was homeless or institutionalized for a while and say only recently got help or care that got him out of his situation. This benefactor may not be the most open or gregarious person. They may notbe aware of who Gordon really is or may not even care to find his original family.

Something to keep in mind is that if Gordon's appearance may be radically different after all these years. Especially considering how his life may be. I doubt we would even recognize him. I hate to say this, but malnutrition, physical handicap and an extremely worse mental condition would make him eve more unrecognizable.

Sadly I tend to side with the idea that Gordon is a homeless person, now.
I agree with those possibilities. My friend works in social services and she has worked with several homeless people with physical and mental disabilities who were sometimes under the wing of another homeless person. Gordon's apperance would change a lot if depending on his diet/weight, grooming and other effects from not being cared for.
browneyes106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:50 PM   #25
bell83
You're in high school again.
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88
If this story is true, there is a huge question that still remains unanswered. Why did Gordon never make contact with his parents? I realize that his autisim isn't a mental disease, so surely he could tell whoever was taking care of him the name of his parents and then they could try and contact them.

Just a thought...but let's say for the sake of argument that he is alive and well, somewhere, homeless or otherwise. Could it be that he hasn't tried to contact his parents because he felt abandoned or betrayed by them because they put him in the group home? Just my 2 cents...
Old 12-02-2009, 10:30 AM   #26
UMfan77

Soon after he went missing, I wonder how much effort his parents/family put into searching for him. Seeing that they live so far away from Michigan, were they able to effectively search for him? Assuming that they went to Michigan soon after finding out about his disappearance, how long did they stay in Michigan to search for him? Did they leave for Florida soon after and leave the search solely up to the Grand Rapids Police? I think a family's involvement in searching for their loved one is a great influence, for example, Christine Weinhard's tireless search for Craig Williamson.

Last edited by UMfan77; 12-02-2009 at 01:21 PM.
UMfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 01:16 PM   #27
Mastermind

Quote:
Could it be that he hasn't tried to contact his parents because he felt abandoned or betrayed by them because they put him in the group home? Just my 2 cents
1. If Gordon is homeless, can he afford to contact his parents?
2. Is he even in a proper mental condition to even know that he should contact his parents. He may have much more than autism at this point. His mental state could have deteriotated to being clinicaly insane.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:24 AM   #28
bell83
You're in high school again.
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind
1. If Gordon is homeless, can he afford to contact his parents?
2. Is he even in a proper mental condition to even know that he should contact his parents. He may have much more than autism at this point. His mental state could have deteriotated to being clinicaly insane.

Excellent point. Your name is very appropriate.
bell83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:56 PM   #29
Mastermind

Quote:
Excellent point. Your name is very appropriate.
Thanks.

Actually my name choice is in in derision to Ted K, the Unabomber, who seemed to think he was some type of criminal genius.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:41 PM   #30
synthisislab
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnfla6aa2
I agree. It's not like there aren't any facilities in Florida. In fact, there are probably more here than in Michigan, especially with the huge elderly population here.
synthisislab is offline   Reply With Quote