Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Perfect Strangers Reboot in the Works; New Head of the Class DVD Release
Fri-Yay: Master of None Pivots Genres in Season 3; Highway to Heaven Event Movies Coming to Lifetime; Remembering Frank Bonner of WKRP in Cincinnati
Antenna TV Summer 2021 Schedule; The CW Fall 2021 Premiere Dates
All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2
Chicago Fire Finally Heads to Syndication; Peacock Picks Up New Comedy Which Takes Place at a Singing Competition
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 14, 2021)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-28-2009, 01:43 AM   #46
wonderfalls
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind
The same motive as any redblooded male has when faced with an attractive young lady.
It is within the realm of possibility that she spurned his advances and he killed her. However, without more, I don't think that's enough for someone to narrow in on this guy and say "I think he did it".
wonderfalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 10:42 AM   #47
scooby_doo
Occasional Poster

have there been any recent developments in this case? i remember having seen it on unsolved mysteries a while ago, i can't believe it's been so long. did they analyze the fingerprints and stuff and catch the guy who did it? they said it would take a few months but it's been like a year since that article was posted and no one has posted anything
scooby_doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:11 AM   #48
Hambone2421

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby_doo
have there been any recent developments in this case? i remember having seen it on unsolved mysteries a while ago, i can't believe it's been so long. did they analyze the fingerprints and stuff and catch the guy who did it? they said it would take a few months but it's been like a year since that article was posted and no one has posted anything
Go back and read the first 3 pages of this thread. There have been new developments but none have been confirmed by police. One person claims to have known the killer and wrote to one of the posters on this board and gave a name.
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:43 PM   #49
Monroe
First Time Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone2421
Go back and read the first 3 pages of this thread. There have been new developments but none have been confirmed by police. One person claims to have known the killer and wrote to one of the posters on this board and gave a name.
The father of the security guard in question died yesterday and in an article praising the man and his service to the community in an online newspaper, someone commented that they wondered if his son would come clean now
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:57 PM   #50
JackKerouac1989
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe
The father of the security guard in question died yesterday and in an article praising the man and his service to the community in an online newspaper, someone commented that they wondered if his son would come clean now
If he did do it I hope he comes clean and confesses.
Tracy's family deserves justice.
JackKerouac1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:48 AM   #51
crystaldawn
Forum 4K Club Member

Found a recent article about her case. Its good to know there's still hope it can be solved:

http://www.wfmd.com/pages/localnews2...rticle=9905862
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:48 AM   #52
baloony
Frequent Poster

This case has that weird feeling of a cover up.
baloony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #53
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Forum Veteran

For what it's worth, the new UM (with Farina) had an "UPDATE" at the end of the segment which said that "Sean/Don" had be ruled out as a supect in Tracy's death. They did not elaborate on why, just simply said he is no longer considered a suspect in her murder.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:24 PM   #54
DarkDante

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
For what it's worth, the new UM (with Farina) had an "UPDATE" at the end of the segment which said that "Sean/Don" had be ruled out as a supect in Tracy's death. They did not elaborate on why, just simply said he is no longer considered a suspect in her murder.
From what I remember there was never any credible evidence available in which to link this individual to the murder of Tracy Lynn Kirkpatrick. I remembering discussing this case several times in the past and the general vibe I got from this individual was similar to a lot of the allegations that have been thrown in the direction of Tim Binder in that his actions or statements made him look more like a potential suspect than he actually was.

Echoing another forum member's sentiments, this does seem like one of those cases where a conclusion should've been reached rather easily but for some reason that hasn't been the case. It does make you question the investigation into this murder and why this has proven to be such a difficult solve.
DarkDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:15 AM   #55
irehtman
Forum 4K Club Member

Tracey was only 18 years old during the time she got killed, back then.
irehtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:08 PM   #56
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDante
Echoing another forum member's sentiments, this does seem like one of those cases where a conclusion should've been reached rather easily but for some reason that hasn't been the case. It does make you question the investigation into this murder and why this has proven to be such a difficult solve.
Reading earlier posts in this thread and another Tracy Kirkpatrick thread, I feel strongly that the security guard who found her body is the one responsible. There was a link to an article posted in one of the threads that said he walked by the store at 9:00 and then returned at 10:30 and noticed the lights were still on in the store which is when he went in and found Tracy's body. IIRC, another poster made a statement about how small the strip mall was and that it would be impossible for him to have not noticed the lights being on for a full hour and a half. And I also read that another poster said that from 9-10:30 the guards whereabouts were unknown, he had no alibi, and he also allegedly went to the house of his ex-wife to pick up a different suit to change into that night.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:04 PM   #57
Love A Good Mystery
Frequent Poster

If anyone is interested, here's a recent article on the case. Apologies in advance if it was posted elsewhere. I put the link first, then the text

http://www.fredericknewspost.com/new...bd265f58f.html

Who killed Tracey Kirkpatrick?
By Courtney Mabeus News-Post Staff | Posted: Saturday, March 15, 2014 2:00 am

Twenty-five years ago today, a security guard found the body of 17-year-old Tracey Kirkpatrick in a storage room at Aileen's Ladies Sportswear in the Westridge Shopping Center on the Golden Mile.

The Brunswick High School senior had been stabbed to death.
Her killer remains at large.

Tracey's murder is among the most well-known cold cases in Frederick, in part because of its brutality. She was stabbed multiple times in the chest and back sometime between 8 p.m., the time her manager stopped by, and 10:30 p.m., when an off-duty Frederick County sheriff's deputy moonlighting as a security guard found her.

The teenager never got the shot at life that she deserved. Tracey was a hard worker with aspirations, intent on going to a small college to study accounting and then law school.

No money was taken from the store. Tracey was not sexually assaulted.

Police do not know if the crime was committed by someone who knew her or perhaps a drifter passing through the city. No one was ever charged in the case, according to Lt. Clark Pennington, Frederick Police Department spokesman and commander of the criminal investigation unit.

Police know the killer used a knife, but the murder weapon was not found, Pennington said.

“We're talking about a brutally heinous crime,” he said. “It was such a shocking case. She was and is a true victim.”

Every anniversary of Tracey's death is an opportunity to bring attention to unsolved murder cases, hers and others. Frederick police are still searching for killers in about a dozen cold cases.

Police do not know who shot and killed Lamont Ellis, 36, as he walked to his car in Mullinix Alley on Sept. 30, 2012, after a night out with friends.

Police are also still investigating the stabbing of a man who was found injured in July on Willowdale Drive. The man later died at the hospital.

The Kirkpatrick family will mourn Tracey's death quietly this year, her older sister Deonda Fitzpatrick said in a brief phone conversation with The Frederick News-Post earlier this week.

The family will honor Tracey with a candlelight vigil tonight at 7:30 at a tree planted in her memory at Brunswick High School.

“It's still on our minds,” Deonda Kirkpatrick said. “We still think about it. It's still there.”

Pennington said Frederick police are still working the case and still get tips. In February 2012, he and other members of the department went to Philadelphia to present the case to the Vidocq Society, an organization of elite criminal investigation experts.

Because the case is still under investigation, Pennington would not reveal the results of the Vidocq meeting. He said the department continues to meet with the Kirkpatrick family.

As technology improves, police have the opportunity to apply new science to old evidence, Pennington said.

“We have evidence in all our cases,” he said.

Police are going back, interviewing former officers who worked at the department to see if new clues can be uncovered, Pennington said; earlier this year, a representative from the department interviewed a former captain involved in the case who now lives in Florida.

“If there is a name listed in the file, we are interviewing them,” he said.
Deonda Kirkpatrick recently wrote a letter to Tracey. In it, she described making a photo collage with her sister as a Christmas gift for their parents last year. She realized how much Tracey still lives on. Tracey's compassionate heart and feisty attitude are reflected in her nieces and nephews, Deonda Kirkpatrick wrote, adding that "you have made yourself a part of everything and everyone in this family."

"You help us cope day-to-day in seeing your amazing attributes in this and the next generation."

Follow Courtney Mabeus on Twitter: @courtmabeus.
Love A Good Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:37 PM   #58
Hambone2421

This is one of those cases that I'm shocked hasn't been solved. R-reading this thread and we have a poster who claims to know someone associated with the Police Department back then. This poster says this case was bungled from the beginning and could have been solved easily within 24 hours. I wonder how that guy knows that?

Which thread was it where a random poster came on here and claimed that they believed their father to be Tracy's killer? IIRC, this poster started direct messaging one of our forum regulars. Which forum regular was it? Does anyone remember this?
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 05:18 PM   #59
marlins3
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone2421
This is one of those cases that I'm shocked hasn't been solved. R-reading this thread and we have a poster who claims to know someone associated with the Police Department back then. This poster says this case was bungled from the beginning and could have been solved easily within 24 hours. I wonder how that guy knows that?

Which thread was it where a random poster came on here and claimed that they believed their father to be Tracy's killer? IIRC, this poster started direct messaging one of our forum regulars. Which forum regular was it? Does anyone remember this?

I use dto work with a guy that was a former Maryland State Policeman working out of Frederick County. I asked him about this case one day (At first, he said the name sounded familiar but didn't remember the case. As soon as I started giving him details, he remembered immediately). He said that the Frederick Police should have immediately called the MD State Police for assistance (due to the location of the crime, near a major highway). He said if that had happened, the case propbably could have been solved (through a cooperative effort) with 24 hours. However, the Frederick police have a reputation (according to him) for being above other law enforcement attitude-wise. They would refuse to admit they needed any assistance on any case. furthermore, my buddy stated many of the members of the Frederick police (at that time) were just lazy (he gave a story of a shooting call to which both state police and Frederick police responded. The guy was in his home, with his head half-blown off with a shotgun and the blood was already starting to gel. The Frederick officer asked the wife what happened. She simply responded "He shot himself about 10 minutes ago". He asked her no other questions (and was going to write it off as a suicide) and began to write down the info. It later turns out that the husband and wife had an argument. She shot him --with help from her sister--and then waited 30 mins. prior to calling any police, presumably to cover up the crime. The lady and sister were both later convicted but it shows how poorly the Frederick county officer handled the case.).

Sadly, it seems that the Tracy Kirkpatrick case should have been solved long ago.

Read more: http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...#ixzz3Y4iKCwQ3

If you are referring to my old post, the retired MD State Trooper said it could have been solved within 24 hours if Fredrick county had immediately contacted the MD State Police for assistance. He said the joint effort would have likely led to a quick solve and arrest.
marlins3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 02:11 PM   #60
JustVisiting
Occasional Poster

This is one of those cases that has always stuck with me too.

Here's the Facebook page maintained (by the family?). It seems to be fairly active.
https://www.facebook.com/Whokilledtracey/
JustVisiting is offline   Reply With Quote