Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

All-Star Cast Set for Paramount+ Animated Comedy Series; Home Makeovers with Marsai Martin
Netflix's Popular Never Have I Ever Returns July 15; Peacock's Girls5eva Renewed for Season 2
Chicago Fire Finally Heads to Syndication; Peacock Picks Up New Comedy Which Takes Place at a Singing Competition
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 14, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Valerie Bertinelli Cast in Comedy Pilot with Demi Lovato; Broadway Version of The Nanny in the Works
Fri-Yay: Kim's Convenience Is An Underrated Streaming Sitcom; Ted Revived as Series for Peacock
CNN's History of the Sitcom Premieres July 11; Miracle Workers Returns to TBS for 3rd Season This Summer

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-05-2021, 03:01 PM   #1306
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratego View Post
I don't think I actually said that. But even if I had said that, why would making up silly theories lend more credence to your theory that Rob is innocent?
Rob's involvement and the mechanics of the crime is a silly theory at this point. That was the point.

Quote:
Choosing to believe Rob's story is also speculation as the proof that exists does not prove his claim that there was a stranger bothering Angela when she was talking to him or that he chased a truck with the abductor and Angela in it.
Are you really arguing that because no one actually witnessed her being abducted or saw her talking to this stranger that that is somehow a knock against Rob's story?

He told the police that Angela described the man who kept circling around the booth and the vehicle he drove. One week after her disappearance, two different witnesses described the same looking man and the same truck circling the booth at the same time that Angela was there. Think about this logically for a second, how would Rob have known what truck to describe and what the guy looked like, if he was at home? And, assuming that he saw the truck and the guy while arguing with Angela, how would he have known that there were other witnesses to back the existence of this guy up?

Quote:
I'm sorry, are you really trying to argue the possibility that Angela had Stockholm Syndrome? Or plastic surgery after running off? Or that she pretended to talk to somebody who wasn't there on the phone? Or that Rob went for a midnight snack after killing Angela?
No, I am saying that you can literally throw out anything as "possible", regardless of how ridiculous it might sound.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 03:05 PM   #1307
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakbook View Post
You're starting to bore me. You're only replying back at this point to get the last word in, but you're not saying anything.
I'm replying back because that's usually what you do on a discussion board.

And I am not trying to change your mind. But would you at least concede that the only evidence/point/whatever against Rob is the fact that his story sounds unbelievable? Will you at least concede that point?
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 03:32 PM   #1308
freakbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986 View Post
I'm replying back because that's usually what you do on a discussion board.
Haha fair enough. I'm being hypocritical here.

Quote:
And I am not trying to change your mind. But would you at least concede that the only evidence/point/whatever against Rob is the fact that his story sounds unbelievable? Will you at least concede that point?
Well yes and no. I'll concede that's my main reasoning, but I also wonder about a possible motive.

I do think that they got into an argument that night on the phone, and I'm not sure what it was about, but I do wonder if there was building tension and they had been arguing previously. Another reason why I suspect Rob is because I think he possibly had a motive. I've read that it was a possibility that the child belonged to Angela's ex. I do wonder if he was jealous of the fact, or he thought the child was his and wasn't ready to be a father at such a young age.

I've wondered if Angela's ex/possible child was a point of argument between the two.
freakbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 04:04 PM   #1309
Stratego
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Are you really arguing that because no one actually witnessed her being abducted or saw her talking to this stranger that that is somehow a knock against Rob's story?
No, like I said, I'm arguing that everything except what can be confirmed is speculation, including Rob's account of a stranger abducting Angela.

I have no idea how those witnesses came forward. If police stated they were looking for a truck like that in the area around that time, I do not find those accounts exactly definitive proof. Also interesting they didn't notice Angela or the kidnapping.

You also mentioned the witness who saw a woman fitting Angela's description getting into a similar truck in Manitoba. You really find that witness account credible? Didn't you just suggest the Stockholm Syndrome theory is ridiculous?

That said, maybe this truck truly exists and Rob thought he was being smart by describing a real vehicle he hadn't seen before. But as I said earlier, witness accounts help to identify a suspect, they don't clear another.

Quote:
No, I am saying that you can literally throw out anything as "possible", regardless of how ridiculous it might sound.
And some "possible" theories are more likely than others. Rob being the killer is the most likely of all alternative theories. I would say just as likely as the main theory, since there is no concrete evidence of Rob's account that a stranger was bothering Angela when she was talking to him or that he chased a truck with the abductor and Angela in it. With all the wild speculation that goes on around here, I 'm astonished that Rob being the killer isn't seriously discussed here.
Stratego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 04:22 PM   #1310
bell83
You're in high school again.
Forum Regular

Old 05-05-2021, 05:02 PM   #1311
jOHnNyD
Frequent Poster

Anyone near Clinton, Missouri who could get the police reports? I would chip in to get copies. The witness interviews would be revealing and maybe Rob gave a written statement.
jOHnNyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 07:09 PM   #1312
freakbook

Quote:
I have no idea how those witnesses came forward. If police stated they were looking for a truck like that in the area around that time, I do not find those accounts exactly definitive proof. Also interesting they didn't notice Angela or the kidnapping.
I definitely think those witness descriptions were phony. Probably two people who knew Rob who didn't want him found guilty. Taken from Unsolved Fandom

"Two witnesses later came forward, seeing a truck and suspicious person around the pay phones between 11:30 and 11:45pm, shortly before Angela's disappearance."

She called Rob at 11:15. Those times that they saw the truck are suspicious to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell83 View Post
freakbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 07:58 PM   #1313
Stratego
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakbook View Post
"Two witnesses later came forward, seeing a truck and suspicious person around the pay phones between 11:30 and 11:45pm, shortly before Angela's disappearance."

She called Rob at 11:15. Those times that they saw the truck are suspicious to me
Yeah, according to Rob the circling on the parking lot happened earlier in the conversation and some time passed while the guy parked, got out to use the phone, went back to fidget with his flashlight and then went up to Angela. They saw all that, minus the abduction, between 11.30 and 11:45? This seems especially weird if she was abducted at 11:37.

Another thing is that at first glance, the witnesses seem to give the exact same descriptions as Rob and Angela gave, without any additional details. I find it strange that 4 separate witnesses would notice the exact same things about this suspect and his truck. I'd really love to read the witness statements.

Last edited by Stratego; 05-06-2021 at 05:59 PM.
Stratego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 11:34 AM   #1314
Montanacool360
Occasional Poster

Id gladly chip in but I’m not near Clinton
Montanacool360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 11:43 PM   #1315
lashlarue
Frequent Poster

Default Angela Hammond Abduction May Have Been Mistaken Identity

A ransom letter written on the day of Angela Hammond's abduction may point to a case of mistaken identity. It suggests the abductor may have thought he was abducting the daughter of a police informant, also named Angela, who was living in the same community at the time.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-identity.html
lashlarue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 12:32 AM   #1316
XCalibur
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashlarue View Post
A ransom letter written on the day of Angela Hammond's abduction may point to a case of mistaken identity. It suggests the abductor may have thought he was abducting the daughter of a police informant, also named Angela, who was living in the same community at the time.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-identity.html
I don't believe this for one moment. It just reeks of the usual ridiculous theories that come out when people get desperate to find a resolution to a case that sadly may not be solvable.

The fact is, this case badly disturbs a lot of people. It was the audacious and appalling abduction of a very pretty and popular girl by a guy who sounded a little bit like someone off of Wrong Turn, the would be hero boyfriend gives chase but the bad guy gets away with her and he and her both disappear forever. That's a hard pill to swallow, but it happens.

I think this case is exactly what it looks like. Some sick and sexually depraved perv saw a sick opportunity, took it, and got away with it. Maybe he wasn't smart, he probably just got lucky and had enough sly and animal like cunning to hide the body well. And from his clothing and appearance he probably was a drifter who survived doing odd jobs on farms and such, lived mostly off the grid and came into contact with few people which contributed to him never being found.

Its sad, tragic, and sucks big balls but it happens. He'll get his someday, if the law doesn't get him God will.
XCalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 01:20 AM   #1317
1990 UM fan
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic

There's already a large thread about her: https://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards...d.php?t=143239
Old 05-17-2021, 01:21 AM   #1318
1990 UM fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCalibur View Post
I don't believe this for one moment. It just reeks of the usual ridiculous theories that come out when people get desperate to find a resolution to a case that sadly may not be solvable.
Except the fact that police have not been able to refute the claim.
1990 UM fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 01:47 AM   #1319
XCalibur
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990 UM fan View Post
Except the fact that police have not been able to refute the claim.
I read the article, and I have to admit it sounds more plausible than I thought.

Still a long way from convinced its true though. This guys just didn't sound like someone engaged in some sort of professional mob like kidnapping, more like a dirty old perv who saw a sick opportunity.
XCalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 03:25 AM   #1320
1990 UM fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCalibur View Post
I read the article, and I have to admit it sounds more plausible than I thought.

Still a long way from convinced its true though. This guys just didn't sound like someone engaged in some sort of professional mob like kidnapping, more like a dirty old perv who saw a sick opportunity.
If the physical description Rob gave police is indeed true. Not all professional killers are the typical cleanly-dressed.
1990 UM fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angela hammond