Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 14, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Valerie Bertinelli Cast in Comedy Pilot with Demi Lovato; Broadway Version of The Nanny in the Works
Fri-Yay: Kim's Convenience Is An Underrated Streaming Sitcom; Ted Revived as Series for Peacock
CNN's History of the Sitcom Premieres July 11; Miracle Workers Returns to TBS for 3rd Season This Summer
Antenna TV's Bewitched Double the Darrins Father's Day Marathon; HBO Max Renews Hacks for 2nd Season
COZI TV Father's Day Marathon: Herman Munster vs. Dan Conner; Paramount+ Bolsters Offerings This Summer
Who Are You, Charlie Brown? Debuts June 25 on Apple TV+; FX, FXX and FX on Hulu Announce 8 Premieres for Summer/Early Fall

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-June)

Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series Happy Together - The Complete Series 'Til Death - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

02/02 - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete Series (2021 Retail Release)
02/16 - Fam - The Complete Series
02/23 - Betty White's Pet Set - The Complete Series
03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-31-2020, 09:57 AM   #106
spiraleyes
Frequent Poster

spiraleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 02:55 PM   #107
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

I had never heard about Blair being seen with a man at several restaurants on the night of his death.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 01:55 AM   #108
mwcarolina
Forum Regular

There was a composite of a possible suspect on one site I read, though i never knew of this. Reportedly Blair was also involved in a relationship with a male which could be a possible motive now.
mwcarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 04:14 AM   #109
JenniferS.
Forum Regular

Anyone find it pecular he didnt not have any underwear? Did the ,murdered take it for souviner or did he get dressed in hurry sp he coul get out of a bad situation and leave thme behined?
JenniferS. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 10:04 AM   #110
bell83
You're in high school again.
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferS. View Post
Anyone find it pecular he didnt not have any underwear? Did the ,murdered take it for souviner or did he get dressed in hurry sp he coul get out of a bad situation and leave thme behined?
It's possible he didn't wear underwear.
Old 11-16-2020, 12:57 PM   #111
bigted12
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwcarolina View Post
There was a composite of a possible suspect on one site I read, though i never knew of this. Reportedly Blair was also involved in a relationship with a male which could be a possible motive now.
Blairs mother said on UM "he was sleeping less and less during the summer, he seemed worried, he told me "someone is spreading rumors about me""

That would fit in with him being gay and some ex or someone was hanging it over his head, maybe blackmailing him. but it doesn't really explain his actions and behavour why would that make him travel around north america, booking flights, hiring cars, acting like he did in the reception of the hotel?

He was running away from someone, but if this someone was spreading rumors about him being gay i can't see the logic in this person stalking him and wanting to follow him from canada to the US. why? and the same can be said about drugs, thats another theory, but i can't even imagine some drug dealer catching flights and hiring cars to follow him around 2 countries. and if they did why not take the thousands of dollars he had by his side?

So let's say that his paranoia and his death aren't related, lets say that he was running away from something or someone in canada, lets say drug dealers, lets say rumors about him being gay, or lets even say mental health problems made him do what he did and he was infact gay and in knoxville he hooks with a guy. a guy who kills him....

why would a paranoid man, and you can see how he's acting in the hotel reception go looking for sex or whatever with a stranger? which is putting him in a very vulnerable situation, i can't see him being of the state of mind where that would be something he'd go looking for, i also don't see it as viable that someone was taking flights and hiring cars, stalking him and then killing him.

Nothing makes sense, it's difficult to say it was simply a case of paranoia, because he ended up being murdered, so his paranoia was justified, the question is, is if what made him go on the run was the reason he was killed, or was it unrelated. i tend to think that theres a big chunk of this story missing, if the family and police are not telling us everything, or they are just as in the dark as the rest of us i don't know, but theres maybe 40 or 50% of this story missing. so we really can't come to a conclusion.
bigted12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 08:03 PM   #112
Latka Gravas
Forum Regular

The Blair Adams case (S09) is one of the more infamous UM segments, and is approaching it's 25th anniversary this year.

It definitely appears that BA had some kind of a "mental break" in the Summer of 1996, and/or became addicted to some sort of drugs?! (maybe). Prior to his acting oddly that summer, he held down a good job, had family & friends he was in contact with, etc.

However, something obviously happened that started him on a downward spiral. He suddenly quit his job in Canada, withdrew all of his money out of multiple account(s), was acting like people were out to get him & travelled from Canada & all over the U.S. (in many cases back-tracking), without any clear goal/destination in mind. He didn't seem to be in Knoxville, TN for any work-related reason, nor did it appear that he knew anyone there.

He was obviously killed by someone in the parking lot, but who, and why?! Was it some kind of intimate encounter gone wrong, which may partially explain his pants being gone?!

Or, in his frenzy/paranoia - did he attack an innocent bystander in that parking lot - who ended up killing him in self-defense?! But, if that's the case, why was his extensive amount of money scattered around him?! I.e., it's evident that robbery was not a motive (or else the $ would have been taken). So, did the killer and/or Blair himself scatter the money around for some reason?! And, none of this explains the pants situation.

Fairly or not - the lateness/earliness of the hour (3:30am) & the place where the death occurred does add an element of sleaziness to this crime - that wouldn't have been there if this had occurred either much earlier or much later.

No matter what happened here, however - I don't think that whoever killed him was someone he knew prior to going to Knoxville. And, I do not believe that he was being pursued by anyone - I think that was all in his imagination.

Also, sadly it looks like BA's mother (who was interviewed in the segment) recently passed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990 UM fan View Post
I believe this is Blair Adams' mother, Sandra Edwards: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dig...dwards-9973583

Last edited by Latka Gravas; 04-08-2021 at 12:39 PM.
Latka Gravas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 01:58 PM   #113
bigted12
Frequent Poster

What you just said is i guess the most plausable theory, maybe it's the exact same as the Tammy Lynn Leppert case, did he have some really bad reaction after taking drugs that gave him severe paranoia? So he quits his job and tries to escape something that doesn't exist, ending up in america where he just happened to annoy the wrong person who ended up kllling him?

Although it's insane its the most likely theory, i agree you with you i don't believe that the person who killed Blair knew him, It doesn't really make sense for someone to be getting on planes and hiring cars to eventually kill him on the other side of north america.
bigted12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 12:29 PM   #114
Apostapler
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latka Gravas View Post
Fairly or not - the lateness/earliness of the hour (3:30am) & the place where the death occurred does add an element of sleaziness to this crime.
Nothing good ever happens at 3:30AM.
Apostapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 02:42 PM   #115
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostapler View Post
Nothing good ever happens at 3:30AM.
Officially, "nothing good happens past 2AM" as I learned from this Bear Hands song.
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 11:11 AM   #116
Stratego
Frequent Poster

I guess the police's theory of a prostitute and her pimp unsuccesfully trying to rob him is possible. But I'm wondering if Blair would even think of getting involved with a prostitute with his paranoid state of mind. And if robbery was the motive, why didn't they take any of the money or his bag? Why would they be in such a hurry if it was planned?

Perhaps Blair had a mental breakdown, started undressing himself and approached a stranger who freaked out and proceeded to beat him up with a baseball bat.
Stratego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 09:53 PM   #117
mphs95
Remember me?
Forum Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to mphs95

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferS. View Post
Anyone find it peculiar he didn't not have any underwear? Did the ,murdered take it for souvenir or did he get dressed in hurry so he could get out of a bad situation and leave them behind?
If he was caught while with another person, he probably was running away w/o time to grab his pants, much less his underwear. Just my opinion.
mphs95 is offline   Reply With Quote