Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > TV Series on DVD/Streaming News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

The Last O.G. Returns to TBS on April 7; He-Man Gets All-Star Cast on Netflix
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of February 17, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: CSI Limited Series for the 20th Anniversary?; ABC Orders Comedy Pilots
Fri-Yay: Thoughts on Awkwafina Is Nora from Queens; HBO's Avenue 5 Gets 2nd Season
The Mighty Ducks Returning as Series on Disney+; NBC Sets More Mid-Season Series
NBC Renews Superstore for Season 6; UK Comedy Receives 2nd Season Before US Premiere
Brockmire's Final Season Begins March 18; The Good Doctor Gets 4th Season

New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January/February)

Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One Martin - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Sixth Season Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - The Complete Series

12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/06 - 9JKL - The Complete Series
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Atlanta - Season 2 - Robbin' Season
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
12/17 - Hogan's Heroes - The Complete Series (2019 Release)
12/17 - The Other Two - Season 1
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume Two
01/14 - Veep - The Final (Seventh) Season (Blu-ray)
01/14 - Veep - The Complete Series (DVD)
01/21 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete Third Season (WBShop.com)
01/21 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Fifth and Final Season
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Series
01/28 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (DVD)
02/04 - Martin - The Complete Series
02/11 - Step by Step - The Complete Sixth Season (WBShop.com)
02/18 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-06-2020, 10:19 PM   #16
tenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry24 View Post
Thank you for posting that info. Unfortunately none of those shows I enjoy.

Iím more into the 1950ís & 1960ís!
oh ok then, that's totally understandable.
tenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 11:17 PM   #17
Merry24
Forum Regular

I also enjoy on Roku The Classic TV Channel Tonightís Line up consists of 11pm-12:30AM The Dick Van Dyke Show followed by 3 episodes of Flipper than at 2AM The Jerry Lewis Show (1957-1962)!
Merry24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 02:24 PM   #18
bgva
Forum Regular

I love Pluto. The MST3K channel and BUZZR feed are both entertaining, and you can catch some good uncensored movies on some of the other genre channels (I watched Rain Man a few months ago). I also got back into The Greatest American Hero on the Classic TV channel.

There's a few Viacom channels that all air episodes from the various networks. It's not a live feed; they simply air back-to-back episodes of shows often found on TV Land, MTV, Paramount, etc. And for the credit crunch-obsessed, they don't crunch credits on these channels.

The downside is that the commercials can get repetitive and they insert them at very random points. I'm guessing it's simply an automated schedule.
bgva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 09:12 AM   #19
Merry24
Forum Regular

The one other thing Iíve noticed on Pluto is they air maybe 12 of the same episodes. Pluto has something called Classic TV and it airs Dennis the Menace Currently Weekdays 1pm-2:30pm but itís only 12 episodes they keep repeating.
Old 02-01-2020, 11:36 AM   #20
Coffeecup
coffeecup.

So glad a post about Roku. My Comcast cable bill went up another 6 dollars and I called Comcast/Infinity and the gal was very helpful and recommended Roku. I guess she's a consumer too and wasn't shy about helping customers saving money. She gave me the impression I had to have a internet ready TV set to use Roku . One set I do but other sets in my household I don't think have internet in them.. All the sets are younger than 10 years. I was thinking of trying Roku to see what it does before set rid of Comcast. What do I need to hook up. Gal said a one time fee of $29.oo to buy a ? Stick .If anyone has Roku, please tell me about it. I do indeed like tv shows prior to 1990. thank you.
Coffeecup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 12:03 PM   #21
Merry24
Forum Regular

Hi Coffee!

Yes Roku’s are the way to go. The way you can get rid of cable is by making sure...

1 Have a Roku on every TV you use. Or if you want you can move the Roku from TV Set to TV Set. (Although if you do cancel cable and you don’t have a Roku on the TV set than that TV wont work).

2. You do need internet to have a Roku to work. The internet will connect to all Roku’s.

3. When you get your Roku hooked up put in your Roku name & Roku password.

Good luck if you have any other questions let me know.
Old 02-06-2020, 08:47 PM   #22
Adamantium
TVAdam No More

I just noticed The Roku Channel has the complete series of Suddenly Susan and Head of the Class to stream.
Adamantium is online now   Reply With Quote