Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

FX Orders 3rd Season of Comedy; Adult Swim Brings Back Haddish and Wong Series
Memorial Day 2020 TV Marathons
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of May 25, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: ABC Fall Lineup Looking to Include Fewer Sitcoms; Head of the Class Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Will HBO Max Work?; ABC Announces 2020-21 Season Programming
Freeform Announces 2020-21 Slate; Fox Brings Back Last Man Standing, Prodigal Son and The Resident for 2021
Summer of Me Returns June 1 on MeTV; FXX Orders More Dave

New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February/March/April/May)

My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One Martin - The Complete Series Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season

01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume Two
01/14 - Veep - The Final (Seventh) Season (Blu-ray)
01/14 - Veep - The Complete Series (DVD)
01/21 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete Third Season (WBShop.com)
01/21 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Fifth and Final Season
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Series
01/28 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (DVD)
02/04 - Martin - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
02/11 - Step by Step - The Complete Sixth Season (WBShop.com)
02/18 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
02/25 - Better Things - The Complete Third Season
03/17 - Crashing - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/07 - Cheers - The Complete Series (2020 Release)
04/14 - Police Squad! - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
04/14 - The Righteous Gemstones - The Complete First Season
04/21 - Step by Step - The Complete Seventh and Final Season (WBShop.com)
05/19 - The Good Place - The Final (Fourth) Season
05/19 - The Good Place - The Complete Series - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
05/26 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-25-2007, 04:18 PM   #1
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci
Default Bo Tanner Update!

I watched the Bo Tanner segment on UM for the first time a few days ago. Being FROM Montana (duh) and having spent some time in Polebridge, MT... I found it interesting that such an incident could have went down without my hearing about it. (I grew up literally less than an hour from Polebridge.) In any case, after seeing the segment and recognizing the lead detective on the case, I put my Google skills to work and found that he was still working for the Flathead County Sheriff's Department. So, after eluding to possibly contacting him via PM with Crystaldawn, I shot him an e-mail on Friday.

It read, in part:
According to the Unsolved Mysteries segment, Tanner is wanted on a charge
of bigamy. As you were one of the lead detectives on the case, it is my
understanding that you would have information on a possible capture of Mr.
Tanner. Are there any updates to this incredibly old case? We would
appreciate any information you would be willing/able to share with us.

To be honest, I didn't expect to get a response from him. But I got one. VERY quickly, I might add! It read:

Bo Tanner’s real name was Eddie Riddlehoover and he had faked his death in Houston Texas years before his 1990 disappearance from Montana. When the Unsolved Mysteries program aired, I received a call from the Texas wife who thought that he was dead. His car had been found on the Houston Ship Channel Bridge and everyone assumed that he had jumped to avoid an arson investigation. He had also faked his death under another alias in Washington State by leaving a large quantity of blood in his vehicle. Another wife was left behind there. This scam failed when the blood was determined to have come from an animal. After the program, Riddlehoover was found in Wyoming with a new girlfriend but could not be held because the prosecutor in Washington had refused to file a Bigamy charge. Tanner is suspected in the Arson of his church in Flathead County but could not be charged now, because the statute of limitations has expired, even if we could prove the case.

So there ya have it. I'm DYING to hear your thoughts on this....I'll also be adding this to the Updates thread so we're current. I just wanted to open this one up for discussion...
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 05:07 PM   #2
HyeTev
Frequent Poster

My thoughts are this dude needs some serious psychological assistance. He is absolutely pathetic.
HyeTev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 05:18 PM   #3
mozartpc27
Vigilante Logician
Forum Regular

My thoughts: I'm surprised at the exact extent of his criminal history prior to turning up in Montana, and more convinced than ever that a padded cell will be his future home.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:19 PM   #4
mozartpc27
Vigilante Logician
Forum Regular

Oh, and great work LooksLikeCRicci!
mozartpc27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 05:27 PM   #5
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
I watched the Bo Tanner segment on UM for the first time a few days ago. Being FROM Montana (duh) and having spent some time in Polebridge, MT... I found it interesting that such an incident could have went down without my hearing about it. (I grew up literally less than an hour from Polebridge.) In any case, after seeing the segment and recognizing the lead detective on the case, I put my Google skills to work and found that he was still working for the Flathead County Sheriff's Department. So, after eluding to possibly contacting him via PM with Crystaldawn, I shot him an e-mail on Friday.

It read, in part:
According to the Unsolved Mysteries segment, Tanner is wanted on a charge
of bigamy. As you were one of the lead detectives on the case, it is my
understanding that you would have information on a possible capture of Mr.
Tanner. Are there any updates to this incredibly old case? We would
appreciate any information you would be willing/able to share with us.

To be honest, I didn't expect to get a response from him. But I got one. VERY quickly, I might add! It read:

Bo Tannerís real name was Eddie Riddlehoover and he had faked his death in Houston Texas years before his 1990 disappearance from Montana. When the Unsolved Mysteries program aired, I received a call from the Texas wife who thought that he was dead. His car had been found on the Houston Ship Channel Bridge and everyone assumed that he had jumped to avoid an arson investigation. He had also faked his death under another alias in Washington State by leaving a large quantity of blood in his vehicle. Another wife was left behind there. This scam failed when the blood was determined to have come from an animal. After the program, Riddlehoover was found in Wyoming with a new girlfriend but could not be held because the prosecutor in Washington had refused to file a Bigamy charge. Tanner is suspected in the Arson of his church in Flathead County but could not be charged now, because the statute of limitations has expired, even if we could prove the case.

So there ya have it. I'm DYING to hear your thoughts on this....I'll also be adding this to the Updates thread so we're current. I just wanted to open this one up for discussion...
Nice work, Detective Cricci! What I don't understand is why he wasn't charged with anything in Montana if he was captured soon after the UM broadcast. Didn't they say his wife there had reluctantly filed bigamy charges against him? Any idea why he wasn't charged with that?

Of course not a ton of people probably saw that UM segment since it wasn't one that was aired on Lifetime so it makes me wonder how many more wives he has accumulated to this day, them not knowing of his history. Maybe him and Jack Lutter are hanging out together...
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 05:30 PM   #6
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

Good detective work CRicci, well I disagree with some posters here, I do not think this guy is insane at all. I think he is actually very smart and very cunning to pull all this stuff off.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 05:51 PM   #7
kamy
UM Fanatic
Forum Regular

I have no idea what case you're talking about but I'll second that; Good work CRICCI!
kamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 06:01 PM   #8
phillipscurve
Frequent Poster

Yes, good work LLCR. It is amazing the number of UM cases (some of the most bizarre by the way) that took place in your state.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:33 PM   #9
DarkDante

^ Hey I'm still banned from several motels in Missoula since 1996 (whoops too much information...) - Interesting find Ricci...
DarkDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:09 AM   #10
wiseguy182

Yes, great work there CRicci.

It's depressing that with all of the crimes Bo Tanner has commited, that he's not being charged with anything. Jeez, bygamy, arson, theft, and probable animal cruelty, but not a single charge.

Last edited by wiseguy182; 08-16-2009 at 11:28 AM.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:59 PM   #11
justins5256

Good research. It looks like he got off pretty easy considering all the crimes that he was accused of.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:49 PM   #12
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

No kidding! I'm with Crystaldawn... I couldn't figure out WHY they couldn't prosecute him for the bigamy charge in Montana if they found in him Wyoming. My best guess is that they didn't find him IMMEDIATELY after the segment aired. I'm assuming it was later, after the statute of limitations had run on the bigamy charge. It's SUCH a bummer.

Banned since 1996, huh, DarkDante? Hmm.... you wouldn't by chance be a Hell's Angel, would you?
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 09:23 AM   #13
idol
Forum Regular

Bo has no problem in the dating scene.
idol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 03:34 PM   #14
Corky Kneivel
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by idol
Bo has no problem in the dating scene.

Bo knows bigamy
Corky Kneivel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:37 PM   #15
Wamisto
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadrmas15
I disagree with some posters here, I do not think this guy is insane at all. I think he is actually very smart and very cunning to pull all this stuff off.
I agree. This guy is amazing: he has been able to dupe the pants off many women and drain their bank accounts as well. Not to mention leading them to believe he really did die when in fact he just staged his death. Genius!
Wamisto is offline   Reply With Quote