Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Site Feedback & Suggestions

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Abbott Elementary Star to Host ABC Game Show; Amazon Orders The Hospital
Seth MacFarlane's Peacock Comedy Series Ted Rounds Out Cast; Twisted Metal Comedy Series in the Works
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of May 23, 2022)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fall Broadcast Network Lineups Out; The CW Looking to Get Back Into Sitcom Business
HBO Renews Barry for Season 4; Apple TV+ Comedy Trying Returns in July; Remembering Maggie Peterson of The Andy Griffith Show
The CW Upfront 2022-23: Fall 2022 Schedule; Rick and Morty Returns as Anime on Adult Swim
CBS Upfront 2022-23: Fall 2022 Schedule; Turner Upfront Updates

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-May)

ALT= Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. - The Complete Series (2022 Release) Brooklyn Nine-Nine - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Head of the Class - The Complete Fourth Season Becker - The Complete Series (2022 Release)

02/08 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Ninth Season
02/22 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series (2022 Release)
02/22 - Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. - The Complete Series (2022 Release)
03/08 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Eight
03/08 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) (DVD)
03/15 - Head of the Class - The Complete Fourth Season
03/15 - The Proud Family - The Complete Original Series - Anniversary Collection
03/22 - The Honeymooners Specials - The Complete Collection
03/29 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-5 (Blu-ray) (DVD)
03/29 - Young Rock - Season One
04/05 - Up All Night - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
04/26 - The Danny Thomas Show (aka Make Room for Daddy) - The Complete Fourth Season
04/26 - Jackie Gleason TV Treasures - 70th Anniversary Collection (including Honeymooners Rarities)
05/03 - No Activity - Season Three
05/31 - Becker - The Complete Series (2022 Release)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Search Sitcoms Online:

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2021, 09:32 PM   #1
TVFactFan
Forum Junkie

Default So what is the issue with posting videos on the forums

I noticed a certain poster is suspended and I was wondering is it behind posting videos on multiple boards?

I mean I would have liked him to start a discussion about what was in the video instead of just posting them
Old 09-09-2021, 10:14 PM   #2
TVLegend
Forum 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan View Post
I noticed a certain poster is suspended and I was wondering is it behind posting videos on multiple boards?

I mean I would have liked him to start a discussion about what was in the video instead of just posting them
He was suspended because of his “unacceptable” and “reckless” behavior and in his last few days on the site, let’s just say things didn’t go so smooth. He accused a moderator of stalking him, he had a thread moved to the Politics board, which he strongly believes should’ve stayed in boxing, among other things.
Old 09-09-2021, 10:19 PM   #3
GentlemanJim
Casual Observer
Forum 3000 Club Member

TVFactFan:

I believe that the suspension was a little more involved than that, and I don't feel comfortable editorializing on matters that do not involve me.

But specific to the title of this thread, there were additional issues of bandwidth "hogging" that were the result of that poster placing so many embedded videos in a single thread. Animated gifs, if they are of a large file size and a number of them grouped together can cause the same malady.

Suppose, for example, I posted 20 videos, or large animations in the same thread, since I would be linking to them one at a time, each would have the opportunity to load into my browser's cache one at a time, without competing with one another, and by the time I loaded the last one, all would be resident in my machine locally, and would run from there. I would see no bandwidth restriction.

However, if you loaded that thread after I posted it, all 20 would be competing with one another for bandwidth, at essentially the same time, and it would slow your internet connection down to a crawl.

So "that" was the multiple video issue. FYI
Old 09-09-2021, 10:27 PM   #4
TVFactFan
Forum Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVLegend View Post
He was suspended because of his “unacceptable” and “reckless” behavior and in his last few days on the site, let’s just say things didn’t go so smooth. He accused a moderator of stalking him, he had a thread moved to the Politics board, which he strongly believes should’ve stayed in boxing, among other things.
Oh ok because I know I be posting videos and didnt want to wake up to a suspension
Old 09-09-2021, 11:26 PM   #5
TJ
Site Owner
Administrator
Forum Veteran

The initial issue was that he was posting links to full episodes for series like Maude. What he was doing was technically against the rules. This rule rarely came up because people weren't doing what he was doing with the volume of links he was posting. It was primarily for the Unsolved Mysteries forum because their producers were always filing takedown requests to YouTube to get their episodes/segments removed.

A moderator warned him about posting full episode links (https://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards...d.php?t=403529). I modified the rule to allow links to official YouTube channels like The Norman Lear Experience. I believe a few of the videos he was posting aren't from official channels, but I don't want to make a big deal out of it because it's difficult to tell in some cases. It's up to YouTube to moderate their own content. I just don't want a case where he's posting links to stuff that gets deleted.

I think he got a little triggered about the warning. He then stalked or followed this moderator around to seek some apparent payback. He made a post about selective modding - https://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards...395502&page=46 . He hadn't posted in that thread before. Maybe he was just trying to make a point and not trying to pick a fight. Some of his posts were reported as harassment, but I left them up for now.

In the other case, it appears that he got upset that another moderator said she couldn't post in the Hurricane Ida thread (https://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards...d.php?t=404168). This was because he posted 60 embedded videos which were causing the page to slowly load or not load at all. He claimed this moderator was stalking and following him around, but she posts in everyone's threads. He posts late at night on the West Coast. She wakes up at 5-6AM Eastern and makes the rounds. I'm sure she's not deliberately posting in his threads. He claimed she was making his forum experience very unpleasant. Is her posting in "his" threads a good enough reason for him to remove her from his friends list? I guess that's his choice. He could be making other member's forum experience very unpleasant with his excessive embedded videos and overuse of gifs/graphics/memes per post (how many does one need to illustrate their point?)

He also needs to understand that these aren't his own "personal" threads. Anyone can reply to them. He didn't like that his Oscar De La Hoya thread got moved to the COVID forum, but he can't control the direction of the replies.

He needs to stop looking for drama, payback and confrontation. I can't have him harassing moderators or anyone to that degree. We can do without the nastiness and acting like a jerk.

He's going to be allowed back soon if he wants to come back. He needed to cool off for a few days. He was giving me a headache.

Last edited by TJ; 09-09-2021 at 11:58 PM.
Old 09-09-2021, 11:32 PM   #6
TVFactFan
Forum Junkie

it took me a minute because I was asking him something and I saw the red suspended and was like..."huh? lol
Old 09-10-2021, 01:16 AM   #7
opus
VB
Forum Superstar

Old School with all the use of the videos and the memes and the gifs is actually very new school.
Old 09-10-2021, 01:18 PM   #8
TJ
Site Owner
Administrator
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus View Post
Old School with all the use of the videos and the memes and the gifs is actually very new school.
I enjoy the gifs/memes as much as anyone, but they should be used in moderation. Maybe he could pick 1-2 of his favorite gifs/graphics instead of using 5-6 at a time.

The individual episode video links are a good idea if they lead to some discussion.
Old 09-11-2021, 05:55 AM   #9
MA
Forum Idol

I saw that Old School's Schoolhouse Rock avatar got removed because of his suspension.
Old 09-11-2021, 06:59 PM   #10
TVLegend
Forum 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Oh ok because I know I be posting videos and didnt want to wake up to a suspension
If that was the case then it would just be TJ and a few moderators left cramming up the boards with various threads about “procedures”
Old 09-11-2021, 07:11 PM   #11
TVFactFan
Forum Junkie

Quote:
If that was the case then it would just be TJ and a few moderators left cramming up the boards with various threads about “procedures”
I remember when TJ suspended me in 2003 and I was begging him pleased let me post I wont do it no more. At the time, it was no facebook, youtube or twitter/ and I didnt have any other options and this was the biggest board on the internet

TJ was like...........just take a break for the rest of the night, get some snacks and watch some DVD's you will be OK
Old 09-11-2021, 07:16 PM   #12
TVLegend
Forum 3000 Club Member

Quote:
I remember when TJ suspended me in 2003 and I was begging him pleased let me post I wont do it no more. At the time, it was no facebook, youtube or twitter/ and I didnt have any other options and this was the biggest board on the internet

TJ was like...........just take a break for the rest of the night, get some snacks and watch some DVD's you will be OK
Yup…the good OLD times

Back when you knew everybody, music was decent, the family reunions were always looked forward to, no social media mess

Now my mom’s turning 76 tomorrow

DAMN times flies by
Old 09-11-2021, 07:20 PM   #13
TVLegend
Forum 3000 Club Member

Quote:

What you got suspended for? Just curious.
Old 09-11-2021, 07:37 PM   #14
TVFactFan
Forum Junkie

Quote:
What you got suspended for? Just curious.
Personal attack. I would tell posters to log out, cancel their internet service and dive off the nearest bridge
Old 09-11-2021, 07:48 PM   #15
TVLegend
Forum 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Personal attack. I would tell posters to log out, cancel their internet service and dive off the nearest bridge
DAMN

I see S.O. jail “reforms” a man
Closed Thread