Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - Season 1 on Amazon Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Season 9 / Season 10 / Season 11 / Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - Season 1 Episodes on Amazon Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

ABC Upfront 2022-23: Fall 2022 Schedule; Pete Davidson Comedy Adds Edie Falco
NBC Upfront 2022-23: Fall 2022 Schedule; Fox Upfront 2022-23: Call Me Kat and Welcome to Flatch Renewed
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of May 16, 2022)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Looking at Fall Renewals and Cancellations; Married... with Children Animated Reboot in the Works
NBC Renews 3 Sitcoms, Cancels 2; CBS and The CW Hand Out Orders & Pink Slips; Remembering Mike Hagerty and Producer/Writer George Yanok
NBC Orders Lopez vs. Lopez Sitcom for 2022-23 Season; Amazon Renews Upload for Season 3
Disney's Bunk'd Returns June 10 for Season 6; Paramount+ to Be Exclusive SVOD Home of Ghosts

New on DVD/Blu-ray (February-May)

ALT= Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. - The Complete Series (2022 Release) Brooklyn Nine-Nine - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Head of the Class - The Complete Fourth Season Becker - The Complete Series (2022 Release)

02/08 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Ninth Season
02/22 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series (2022 Release)
02/22 - Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. - The Complete Series (2022 Release)
03/08 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Eight
03/08 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) (DVD)
03/15 - Head of the Class - The Complete Fourth Season
03/15 - The Proud Family - The Complete Original Series - Anniversary Collection
03/22 - The Honeymooners Specials - The Complete Collection
03/29 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-5 (Blu-ray) (DVD)
03/29 - Young Rock - Season One
04/05 - Up All Night - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
04/26 - The Danny Thomas Show (aka Make Room for Daddy) - The Complete Fourth Season
04/26 - Jackie Gleason TV Treasures - 70th Anniversary Collection (including Honeymooners Rarities)
05/03 - No Activity - Season Three
05/31 - Becker - The Complete Series (2022 Release)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Search Sitcoms Online:

Old 01-16-2019, 04:16 PM   #61
McLargeHuge
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88 View Post
I feel your frustration on this one. Angela's mother begged the court for Schulze to be held in jail until the trial. Almost as if she was expecting her to go on the run if she had the chance.

You're totally right about the court system failing Angela's family. After Schulze missed six drug tests (she was ordered to take three a week), it astounds me that nobody found that suspicious immediately. Or the fact that she hadn't contacted the court in several weeks. They pretty much rolled the red carpet to her escape.
Its the one I was angriest at the most when it had no update. No reason for her to be free all these years.
McLargeHuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 09:25 PM   #62
Jon
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLargeHuge View Post
Its the one I was angriest at the most when it had no update. No reason for her to be free all these years.
Yeah that case is proof positive you don't have to be a criminal mastermind to stay hidden for decades.

Still I get the general idea that law enforcement haven't exactly been pursuing her as doggedly as they should have.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 09:33 AM   #63
5thcorps
Frequent Poster

Jeremy Bright's killer should have been caught. The FBI should have been called in. The suspects (and Jeremy's friend) should have been brought in and interrogated by the FBI professionals and I would guarantee that would have gotten that one little piece to put it all together. Law enforcement blew it on this one big time. Now the suspects are dead, his friend is dead, and LE has one dead end after another.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:59 PM   #64
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house
Forum 3000 Club Member

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
Yeah that case is proof positive you don't have to be a criminal mastermind to stay hidden for decades.

Still I get the general idea that law enforcement haven't exactly been pursuing her as doggedly as they should have.
Agreed. I feel pretty strongly that Schulze is what we call "hiding in plain sight." As in, she'll eventually get picked up on some bogus thing (speeding ticket or whatnot) and LE will discover she's been wanted for 20+ years.

I've seen it happen before and I'm sure it will happen again.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 04:32 PM   #65
Labonte18
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci View Post
Agreed. I feel pretty strongly that Schulze is what we call "hiding in plain sight." As in, she'll eventually get picked up on some bogus thing (speeding ticket or whatnot) and LE will discover she's been wanted for 20+ years.

I've seen it happen before and I'm sure it will happen again.
There are areas in the US that people can hide and just flat out not be found, regardless of the intensity of the search.

Think Eric Rudolph down in Western NC. He was hiding out for years in the Pisgah National Forest and he wouldn't have been caught if he hadn't been busted sneaking into a small town and raiding a dumpster.

There are areas in the far north of Minnesota, the Dakotas and the like.

Alaska.. It's a problem getting there, but if you can get there.. You could disappear.

Maine, Vermont and New Hampshire have areas.

All of these rely on one simple thing, though. Survival skills. You have to live off the grid. I don't believe this woman has the skills to do that. So, my opinion. She's getting help. Now.. She might be getting help from someone who DOES have those skills. Or, she could just be living in someone's basement and never leaving the house.

Either way.. She isn't staying hidden on her own.
Labonte18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 08:26 AM   #66
Mike82
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
She might be getting help from someone who DOES have those skills. Or, she could just be living in someone's basement and never leaving the house.

Either way.. She isn't staying hidden on her own.
Agreed: she doesn't sound like anyone who has any surivival skills or training. Given her drug issues I doubt she suddenly said "guess I better not use any drugs anymore as I will need a sharp mind to keep hidden."

If there is one thing that we can take comfort in, its that if she has been hiding in a basement somewhere, she probably "served" a longer confinement sentence than if she was tried and convicted. I know the Arizona laws are far stricter than here in Canada (a nearly identical case here ended in a whopping 2 year sentence) but she wasn't going to get 25 years especially given her connection$.

I still can't believe this case hasn't been solved: we can only hope she died in the wild rather than kill another innocent person.
Mike82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 01:01 AM   #67
XCalibur
Forum Regular

Don't remember the names, but does anyone remember a case where a woman was raped by two men on a canoeing trip when she had her son with her?

What made the case so disconcerting though as I remember it, is when she reported the rape it seemed like none of the locals were willing to talk, even though they gave law enforcement the impression they knew who did it.

Those cases where so many people are to scared to talk are always disturbing. Who could these guys have been that so many ppl would be so scared?

Anyone remember this one or have any updates?
XCalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 02:40 AM   #68
DazzlerSparkler
Sharon Kinne Imposter
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to DazzlerSparkler

Brazos River Attack?

Yeah that's a hugely controversial one which is also why its missing from Prime. Apparently she might have made the whole thing up
Old 03-04-2019, 02:39 PM   #69
Labonte18
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazzlerSparkler View Post
Brazos River Attack?

Yeah that's a hugely controversial one which is also why its missing from Prime. Apparently she might have made the whole thing up
I'd be curious a to what Zack has to say about this case 20+ years down the road.

He was 7 at the time.. He would have memories of it.
Labonte18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 05:24 AM   #70
Lieutenant Bookman
Occasional Poster

This came up in another thread but I cant believe the Richard Aderson road rage murder was never solved. It was known that the suspect drove a green Jeep Cherokee with New Hampshire plates. That alone would narrow down the list of possible suspects to the point that it seems like it would have been investigated and solved in 25 years. Unless some details about the assailant and his car were wrong, but there were a number of witnesses who saw the accident and argument, and nobody has disputed it, so I find that unlikely
Lieutenant Bookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 02:43 AM   #71
MediaHoarder
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
There are areas in the US that people can hide and just flat out not be found, regardless of the intensity of the search.
While rural areas come to mind for many people, in reality rural areas can be difficult to hide in due to the nature of small towns, everyone knows everyone and outsiders are identified quickly.
Large cities are in some ways the easiest for someone to hide in, due to the sheer number of people in such a small area that for the most part don't know each other.

Its kind of difficult conceptually to say what cases "should" have been solved, since by definition they are unsolved, and thus the difficulty of the solution is unknown.
But if there was one I was surprised was never solved it was "Annie Laurie Hearin"
MediaHoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 02:33 PM   #72
zack007attack
Frequent Poster

Sal Guardado-the guy was a bum with little money, probably could barely scrap together bus fare, let alone a plane ticket to Hawaii or Puerto Rico as mentioned in the segment. Maybe he had connections in Mexico unaware to the detectives in the case.

Richard Bockledge-another guy who didn't seem like the type to have the resources to be on the lam for very long. I think he probably sent the letter to Tanya'a family as a condemnation before wandering off into the Canadian wilderness and took his own life (Dennis Depue did something similar).

Dale Kerstetter-I think if the platinum heist was an inside job, it was more likely carried out by one of the higher ups in the company, so they could blame Dale as the fall guy and collect insurance money or something. I don't think Dale is still alive, he either might have been tossed into one of the furnaces in the factory or his body was taken into the vast wilderness or the Great Lakes and dumped there.

"Debbie"-the assailants DNA was collected from her car, so I'm surprised they haven't found him through CODIS because he seemed like a repeat offender.

Marlene Santana-I'm only semi-surprised this case hasn't been solved. There's a chance she's still alive, probably under a different name. Another case of DNA ancestry that could work.

Justin Burgwinkel-I think he ran away to South America where he could have fought as a mercenary, or more likely joined the French Foreign Legion. Maybe he died in action before his then-handlers knew who he was, but didn't make the effort to properly identify him and return his remains.

Mark Groezinger-it's possible Judy might have done it, but the police don't seem to have even ruled her out by doing ballistics test with the revolver she purchased around the time of the murder.
zack007attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 01:02 PM   #73
dynoguy88
Forum 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zack007attack View Post
Richard Bockledge-another guy who didn't seem like the type to have the resources to be on the lam for very long. I think he probably sent the letter to Tanya'a family as a condemnation before wandering off into the Canadian wilderness and took his own life (Dennis Depue did something similar).
The letter Richard wrote to Tatjana's family was a giant cesspool of BS that he used to justify murdering her. And the fact that he wrote that she disgraced countless Americans shows just how far his narcissism went.

The man was waaaaay too cocky and arrogant to take his own life, in my humble opinion. He wasn't capable of feeling guilt because nothing was ever his own fault. It was the college's fault that he flunked out. It was the Dean of Admissions fault for not letting him back in. It was Tatiana's fault that she couldn't put up with his temper and outbursts which ended the relationship. And it was Tatiana's fault for getting murdered. His conscience is completely clear. So why kill himself?

I'd believe his family is helping him stay hidden before I'd ever believe he took his own life. They may not know every single detail about where he's been hiding all these years but they definitely had a hand in helping him stay hidden.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 07:26 AM   #74
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Forum Veteran

Pam Page
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 09:15 AM   #75
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88 View Post
The letter Richard wrote to Tatjana's family was a giant cesspool of BS that he used to justify murdering her. And the fact that he wrote that she disgraced countless Americans shows just how far his narcissism went.

The man was waaaaay too cocky and arrogant to take his own life, in my humble opinion. He wasn't capable of feeling guilt because nothing was ever his own fault. It was the college's fault that he flunked out. It was the Dean of Admissions fault for not letting him back in. It was Tatiana's fault that she couldn't put up with his temper and outbursts which ended the relationship. And it was Tatiana's fault for getting murdered. His conscience is completely clear. So why kill himself?

I'd believe his family is helping him stay hidden before I'd ever believe he took his own life. They may not know every single detail about where he's been hiding all these years but they definitely had a hand in helping him stay hidden.
I agree I don't think he committed suicide either. This is a guy that if you looked up DB in the old Webster's dictionary it would have that picture they show at the end of the segment. now he may have died while on the run, I wouldn't discount that possibility and it would be karma if that happened. but he could be alive somewhere living on his own or under the cover of a loved one as you mentioned.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote