Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Spin-offs and One-Year Wonders

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

HBO Max Revives Gossip Girl; Mario Lopez Leaves Extra and Moves to Access Hollywood
The 71st Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations; Netflix Orders Sketch Comedy Series
Welcome Back (to School), Kotter Marathon on Antenna TV; Lea Michele Gets ABC Holiday Movie
Bounce Sitcom In The Cut Premieres Season 5; Conan Returns to Comic-Con for 5th Year
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 15, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Reboot of The Flintstones in the Works (Again); Amazon Orders New Comedy Series
Fri-Yay: The End of Friends on Netflix; Remembering Rip Torn of The Larry Sanders Show and Disney Channel Star Cameron Boyce

New on DVD/Blu-ray (May/June/July)

My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season

05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-06-2001, 02:46 AM   #1
Matt cfh 101

Unhappy Early 90's Show, what the hell was it?

In 1992, there was a show about people living in a beachhouse. One time, supermodels, such as Kathy Ireland guest starred, and I think one guy fainted after seeing models come out of the shower. I know Fox had an island-based show called Whoops!, but I'm not sure
Old 08-06-2001, 01:11 PM   #2
TV Guy

"Down the Shore"? It ran for a couple of short seasons on Fox in the early 90s.
TV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 01:39 AM   #3
LONEWOLF
Frequent Poster

Cool

It had "I Don't Wanna Go Home" as the theme song by Southside Johnny. After I hear that song when the show first came on Tv it became one of my favorite Tv Theme song. That was a great show to watch. My favorite episode is the one when everybody knew how to dance but Eddie so they made fun of him. So he whent to a dance class and pass after that he surprise his friends that he put himself in a dance contest with two girls he met in class. To make the long story short he won and made his friends jaws drop that he knew how to "get down".
LONEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 11:46 PM   #4
Madness
I call it the rocket

"The Edge"
Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2001, 04:51 PM   #5
LONEWOLF
Frequent Poster

Cool

I remember WOOPS! too. That was a great show about only six people who survied the nuclear holocaust and the guy who start the show by tell what happen is a teacher who got saved by his Volvo at a fast food place. I wish FOX never took that one off I just hope some cable channel brings it comes back as reruns.
LONEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 05:18 PM   #6
catlover79
God Bless Val
Forum Legend

I think that was Going Places, with Heather Locklear, Hallie Todd, Alan Ruck and Jerry Levine. It aired on ABC in the 1991-92 season.

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
catlover79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:03 PM   #7
TV Knowledge Fan

Default It WAS....

...Alan Kirschenbaum's "DOWN THE SHORE" (1992-'93), which was partially based on his own life, living near Belmar and that vicinity.

"GOING PLACES" was based in sunny California, and last just one season (1991-'92).

TV Knowledge Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:40 PM   #8
catlover79
God Bless Val
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV Knowledge Fan
...Alan Kirschenbaum's "DOWN THE SHORE" (1992-'93), which was partially based on his own life, living near Belmar and that vicinity.

"GOING PLACES" was based in sunny California, and last just one season (1991-'92).

I stand corrected. Thank you.
catlover79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:40 PM   #9
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV Knowledge Fan

I have an episode of Going Places that I'm trying to give away
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 01:46 PM   #10
QTMcWhiskers
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONEWOLF View Post
I remember WOOPS! too. That was a great show about only six people who survied the nuclear holocaust and the guy who start the show by tell what happen is a teacher who got saved by his Volvo at a fast food place. I wish FOX never took that one off I just hope some cable channel brings it comes back as reruns.
Or a special DVD release. Other one-season or half-season shows have made it that far, which was great. Even make-on-demand, which has been done as well. 'Woops!" had 13 episodes (3 unaired)...

"Woops!" was hilarious and off-the-wall, while knowing it's silly and taking it all to the stratosphere. Well-written, well-acted, the critics never understood the nature of the farce (like "Gilligan's Island" only different).
QTMcWhiskers is offline   Reply With Quote