Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series
Search Party Moving to HBO Max for Seasons 3 and 4; Disney Gets More Gabby Duran & the Unsittables

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-08-2017, 06:44 PM   #106
libby2130
Frequent Poster

apparently they let him go to "get his affairs in order" and it was controversial at the time...saw an article that said the bridge was fairly busy and nobody saw a "couple on the bridge about to jump or anything....

it would take time to get the weights out ,tie them to yourselves, and climbing to get to where you jump off, but if they had a friend and they hopped into their car and drove off,,,that just takes seconds
libby2130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 09:08 AM   #107
Necco

Quote:
Originally Posted by libby2130
apparently they let him go to "get his affairs in order" and it was controversial at the time...saw an article that said the bridge was fairly busy and nobody saw a "couple on the bridge about to jump or anything....

it would take time to get the weights out ,tie them to yourselves, and climbing to get to where you jump off, but if they had a friend and they hopped into their car and drove off,,,that just takes seconds
The car was found on the bridge.

Can you imagine the conversation though if they had had a friend drop them off?

-Hey Bob, can you do me a favor?
-Sure, Adam, whatever you need. Sorry about that whole murder conviction thing, that has to suck.
-Well, Elena and I are gonna jump off the Newport Bridge and we need your help.
-I've got to get my dog groomed at noon, but after that, I'm all yours.
-Fabulous. Can you drive us to our doom?
-Sure. Adam, I have to ask you an important question though.
-Alright, Bob, what is it?
-Can you kick in for gas money?
-Of course, Bob, you can't take it with you, after all!
<end scene>
Necco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 02:00 PM   #108
HOME SHOPPING
Occasional Poster

Did law enforcement ever identify the couple with Elena and Adam?
HOME SHOPPING is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 11:21 AM   #109
dynoguy88

I watched this case the other day, and before even thinking about Adam jumping or not jumping off that bridge, I am just struck at his complete lack of remorse...not just for killing a person, but for killing the wrong person.

Even during his trial when he was explaining his actions, there was no remorse, no shame, no emotion. It looked as if he was saying, "Someone sideswiped me so I had to kill someone, so I did." And that now infamous post-trial courtroom footage where he's whispering with Elena, he still looks like a robot, completely devoid of any emotion or recognition of what he did.

If ever there was a killer from UM who I would wish to see in handcuffs and a orange suit, he would be in the top 5. The man is scum. And yes, I believe he did not jump. Since he lacks any sort of compassion or remorse, I could see him pushing Elena off the bridge (not that I feel sorry for her) and taking off. I'm glad the FBI is still looking for him.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 01:11 PM   #110
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

His wikipedia page says the authorities have no evidence that he jumped. Wouldn't Elena's skull be evidence? Not direct evidence, but it suggests that there was some sort of suicide pact between them. I still believe he is dead.
TheCars1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 10:44 PM   #111
SPD Yellow
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88 View Post
Even during his trial when he was explaining his actions, there was no remorse, no shame, no emotion. It looked as if he was saying, "Someone sideswiped me so I had to kill someone, so I did."
I agree. I could almost understand the stabbing. It was the heat of the moment, he was pissed off, he had been drinking, and was likely running pretty high on adrenaline, and if that wasnít enough, his wife pretty much egged him on.

But the fact that even after being taken into custody, after having plenty of time to calm down and sober up, he still didnít express any remorse regarding his actions, what little sympathy I may have had, ends.

Though I still think we canít rule out suicide. No one has seen or heard from him in the decades that followed. I donít know if Adam was the type of guy who would be able to last long as a fugitive.
SPD Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 11:33 PM   #112
justins5256

It was mentioned on the segment that a piece of a lower leg bone belonging to a male was found in the bay. There was some material attached to the bone that resembled the running socks they purchased that night. An expert testified that the bone could not have been Adamís as the height would have been incorrect.

Iíve always wondered if the expert was wrong and the bone was Adamís. If itís still around, perhaps some dna testing could be done.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 07:11 AM   #113
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by justins5256 View Post
It was mentioned on the segment that a piece of a lower leg bone belonging to a male was found in the bay. There was some material attached to the bone that resembled the running socks they purchased that night. An expert testified that the bone could not have been Adamís as the height would have been incorrect.

Iíve always wondered if the expert was wrong and the bone was Adamís. If itís still around, perhaps some dna testing could be done.
They also said that there weren't any organisms growing on the sock, meaning that it wasn't under water for as long as Adam was alleged to have jumped. The anthropologist said he was 85% certain that the bones were from a male no taller than 5'7". I think they are wrong. What are the odds that someone finds someone else's leg bones with the same identical socks that they purchased before jumping?
TheCars1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 07:50 AM   #114
Mike82
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88 View Post
Even during his trial when he was explaining his actions, there was no remorse, no shame, no emotion. It looked as if he was saying, "Someone sideswiped me so I had to kill someone, so I did." And that now infamous post-trial courtroom footage where he's whispering with Elena, he still looks like a robot, completely devoid of any emotion or recognition of what he did.
What about the idea that he was mentally "dead" at that point? Honestly this isn't going to be a popular opinion but I would say a good chunk of the population is capable of doing the exact same thing as he did and I have seen plenty of people do similar things to me over the years (obviously never killed me but could easily have over very minor things). Maybe he was already planning on committing suicide if he was convicted and caught a "lucky break" being released?
Mike82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 09:05 PM   #115
WishfulDreamer

They really should do DNA testing on the leg bone, if possible. If it doesn't belong to Emery, then that's fine, but at least there's potential for ruling it out and finding out who it belongs to.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 09:21 AM   #116
Jon
Forum Regular

I've read through some news articles and the only leg bone mentioned was Elena's. I can't find any source outside of UM about the leg bone of the 5'7" male - does anyone have a link they could share?
Jon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 02:00 PM   #117
HOME SHOPPING
Occasional Poster

Who sideswiped Adam's car?
HOME SHOPPING is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 07:16 PM   #118
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOME SHOPPING View Post
Who sideswiped Adam's car?
I'm afraid I don't understand your question. It's always been my understanding that Adam went after and ultimately killed the wrong person for this offense. I don't think they ever found the person who was driving the vehicle that actualy sideswiped Adam.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 09:47 AM   #119
Huskerz85
Forum Regular

Occam's Razor would have Adam jumping from the cliffs with Elena (and having his remains swept away, hers later being recovered per the segment). Given the randomness of the crime, this fits.

Alternately, he could've chickened out at the last minute (after killing Elena) and decided to skip the country, but in that event, he would've needed help from somewhere/someone and that's something I would think the FBI would've picked up on by now.

Either way, I highly doubt that Adam would do something so stupid & impulsive and then suddenly become all mercurial (kill his wife, make it look like they had both committed suicide, then run)
Huskerz85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 10:18 AM   #120
Jon
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskerz85 View Post
Occam's Razor would have Adam jumping from the cliffs with Elena (and having his remains swept away, hers later being recovered per the segment). Given the randomness of the crime, this fits.

Alternately, he could've chickened out at the last minute (after killing Elena) and decided to skip the country, but in that event, he would've needed help from somewhere/someone and that's something I would think the FBI would've picked up on by now.

Either way, I highly doubt that Adam would do something so stupid & impulsive and then suddenly become all mercurial (kill his wife, make it look like they had both committed suicide, then run)
You doubt he would be stupid and impulsive? What's more stupid and impulsive than what he did to Jason Bass?

The FBI is actively looking for him. He's on the FBI's most wanted violent criminals list.

You would think he would have been found by now if he's alive, but I would think Gloria Schulze, Richard Bocklage, and Randall Utterback would have been found. And there's nothing particularly remarkable about any of those people at all.
Jon is online now   Reply With Quote