Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube


Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 21, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Sunnyside Becomes First Casualty of 2019-2020 TV Season; Our Miss Brooks Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5


New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-20-2015, 04:59 PM   #76
Hambone2421
Member
Senior Member
 
Hambone2421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 08, 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETTERL
I find it odd that Adam was declared legally dead in 2004...then placed back on the FBI Most Wanted list in 2010. They must have a reason for doing that. Has he been spotted somewhere?
If this was true, then they must have taken him back off.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/topten
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 05:28 PM   #77
UMLongtimefan
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: May 08, 2006
Location: ???
Posts: 160
Default

I've always agreed with the crime of passion/heat of the moment/incited act viewpoint. Adam partially a little lubed from the alcohol, furious his car had been damaged and the perpetrator had the "audacity" to drive away, goes into a fit of rage, meanwhile Elena and the other couple are egging him on, feeding into this, the chase tunnel vision/adrenaline kick is an additional element (police officers train against this so they don't over-react in a car chase and beat the suspect to a pulp when they catch him- doesn't always work i.e. the San Bernardino Sheriff's a couple of weeks ago), the heighten fight response on the hood and whammo you got a guy killing an innocent man over the stupidest of reasons. Not only do you have the road rage but you also have the fact that Adam is armed and probably a self-entitled. So I understand "why" he did it, but I don't excuse him.

He no doubt jumped, he doesn't strike me as a Bradford Bishop or John List type, smart enough to avoid capture. I just believe there is something biological about the male body that makes it more prone to sinking to greater depths than the female body whether it be body fat or bone density. This makes the recovery more difficult.
UMLongtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 08:34 AM   #78
justins5256
Member
Senior Member
 
justins5256's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 08, 2002
Posts: 3,840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMLongtimefan
I've always agreed with the crime of passion/heat of the moment/incited act viewpoint. Adam partially a little lubed from the alcohol, furious his car had been damaged and the perpetrator had the "audacity" to drive away, goes into a fit of rage, meanwhile Elena and the other couple are egging him on, feeding into this, the chase tunnel vision/adrenaline kick is an additional element (police officers train against this so they don't over-react in a car chase and beat the suspect to a pulp when they catch him- doesn't always work i.e. the San Bernardino Sheriff's a couple of weeks ago), the heighten fight response on the hood and whammo you got a guy killing an innocent man over the stupidest of reasons. Not only do you have the road rage but you also have the fact that Adam is armed and probably a self-entitled. So I understand "why" he did it, but I don't excuse him.

He no doubt jumped, he doesn't strike me as a Bradford Bishop or John List type, smart enough to avoid capture. I just believe there is something biological about the male body that makes it more prone to sinking to greater depths than the female body whether it be body fat or bone density. This makes the recovery more difficult.
^^^^^^ This. All of it.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 08:36 AM   #79
justins5256
Member
Senior Member
 
justins5256's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 08, 2002
Posts: 3,840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone2421
If this was true, then they must have taken him back off.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/topten
I don't think Emery was ever a top ten. I just think the case got some exposure again a few years back and the FBI indicated he was still a fugitive and was wanted.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 02:34 PM   #80
Hambone2421
Member
Senior Member
 
Hambone2421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 08, 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justins5256
I don't think Emery was ever a top ten. I just think the case got some exposure again a few years back and the FBI indicated he was still a fugitive and was wanted.
That's what I figured as well.

Pretty interesting to see William Bradford Bishop still on the top ten.
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 05:45 PM   #81
SPD Yellow
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: May 21, 2008
Posts: 314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMLongtimefan
I've always agreed with the crime of passion/heat of the moment/incited act viewpoint. Adam partially a little lubed from the alcohol, furious his car had been damaged and the perpetrator had the "audacity" to drive away, goes into a fit of rage, meanwhile Elena and the other couple are egging him on, feeding into this, the chase tunnel vision/adrenaline kick is an additional element (police officers train against this so they don't over-react in a car chase and beat the suspect to a pulp when they catch him- doesn't always work i.e. the San Bernardino Sheriff's a couple of weeks ago), the heighten fight response on the hood and whammo you got a guy killing an innocent man over the stupidest of reasons. Not only do you have the road rage but you also have the fact that Adam is armed and probably a self-entitled. So I understand "why" he did it, but I don't excuse him.

He no doubt jumped, he doesn't strike me as a Bradford Bishop or John List type, smart enough to avoid capture. I just believe there is something biological about the male body that makes it more prone to sinking to greater depths than the female body whether it be body fat or bone density. This makes the recovery more difficult.

I agree with most of what you said in that he mostly jumped, but the fact that even after the adrenaline rush died down and after he was sobered up and in custody, Adam still didn't express any remorse for killing an innocent man over a dented paintjob...yeah, can't feel a lot of sympathy for the guy.
SPD Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 03:52 AM   #82
1990 UM fan
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic
Senior Member
 
1990 UM fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 14, 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 2,082
Default

Here's a new article about the Adam Emery case. The FBI is in the process of making an age progression of him in hopes of catching him. A video is in the link (7 minutes long) and Jason Bass' family is interviewed and talks about the kind of person Jason was and how his murder really affected his family.

http://wpri.com/2016/04/28/after-26-...es-adam-emery/
__________________
Join my Unsolved Mysteries page (Facebook): http://www.facebook.com/pages/Unsolv...899616?sk=wall
1990 UM fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 05:53 AM   #83
NYSleuth
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular
 
NYSleuth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 15, 2016
Location: New York
Posts: 337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990 UM fan
Here's a new article about the Adam Emery case. The FBI is in the process of making an age progression of him in hopes of catching him. A video is in the link (7 minutes long) and Jason Bass' family is interviewed and talks about the kind of person Jason was and how his murder really affected his family.

http://wpri.com/2016/04/28/after-26-...es-adam-emery/
Are you serious? They found Elena's remains in the river. They were spotted together buying weights (to weigh their bodies down when they committed suicide together). Adam is in that river, too, they just haven't found his remains yet.
NYSleuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 06:51 AM   #84
wiseguy182
Member
Senior Member
 
wiseguy182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 11, 2006
Location: Wendy's salad bar
Posts: 6,907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSleuth
Are you serious? They found Elena's remains in the river. They were spotted together buying weights (to weigh their bodies down when they committed suicide together). Adam is in that river, too, they just haven't found his remains yet.
that's an interesting point. Since they also bought socks and sweatsuits, I figured they just bought a bunch of athletic equipment. I wish I could believe Adam was in that river, but considering Elena was found so quickly afterward and that Adam would presumably be in the same place, I can't dismiss the possibility he's out there somewhere. I know some people feel strongly he's dead.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 11:53 AM   #85
1990 UM fan
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic
Senior Member
 
1990 UM fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 14, 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 2,082
Default

I know some people are skeptical of Adam Emery still being alive, but I am one who feels that he is alive and got away with Jason Bass' murder. Adam was described by his peers as neat and intelligent yet narcissistic and perfectionistic. His own family even admitted in an article that Adam was cocky and meticulous underneath a layer of normal behavior. He was obsessed with keeping his Thunderbird pristine, and when it was damaged, it showed his true colors when the situation arose.

I believe Adam was crafty enough to fake his death and flee to Italy or some other country (the FBI believes he could have went to Italy, and that is where Elena was born, ironically). In the episode, it stated that Adam was bothered by the total amount for the athletic socks and weights. Not something one would be worried about if they were going to commit suicide. I believe he backed out of the alleged suicide pact, or planned on not following through with it all along. Elena jumped, or some say, was pushed by Adam into the Narragansett Bay, and we know she is dead as they found her skull in August 1994, but Adam was never found. Could he be in the water too? They would have found him if he was, but there was nothing, and even if his bones are/were in the bay, they were probably eaten by marine life or were carried out into the Atlantic Ocean by the currents.
1990 UM fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 12:13 PM   #86
wiseguy182
Member
Senior Member
 
wiseguy182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 11, 2006
Location: Wendy's salad bar
Posts: 6,907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990 UM fan
I know some people are skeptical of Adam Emery still being alive, but I am one who feels that he is alive and got away with Jason Bass' murder. Adam was described by his peers as neat and intelligent yet narcissistic and perfectionistic. His own family even admitted in an article that Adam was cocky and meticulous underneath a layer of normal behavior. He was obsessed with keeping his Thunderbird pristine, and when it was damaged, it showed his true colors when the situation arose.

I believe Adam was crafty enough to fake his death and flee to Italy or some other country (the FBI believes he could have went to Italy, and that is where Elena was born, ironically). In the episode, it stated that Adam was bothered by the total amount for the athletic socks and weights. Not something one would be worried about if they were going to commit suicide. I believe he backed out of the alleged suicide pact, or planned on not following through with it all along. Elena jumped, or some say, was pushed by Adam into the Narragansett Bay, and we know she is dead as they found her skull in August 1994, but Adam was never found. Could he be in the water too? They would have found him if he was, but there was nothing, and even if his bones are/were in the bay, they were probably eaten by marine life or were carried out into the Atlantic Ocean by the currents.
Wouldn't that be ironic if Elena, the one who provoked Adam into murdering Jason, ended up being murdered herself by him?

Whatever the case, I'm glad she's not around anymore.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 03:32 PM   #87
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house
Moderator
Senior Member
 
LooksLikeCRicci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 27, 2005
Posts: 3,736
Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci
Default

This case is one of my "favorites" that I'd really like to see resolved.

I'm split. A part of me thinks he jumped to avoid jail time, another part thinks that he fled the country and either pushed his wife or tricked her into jumping into the river...

EDIT: Apparently a year ago, I thought he was dead. Guess I've flipped on that one.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 03:39 PM   #88
Hambone2421
Member
Senior Member
 
Hambone2421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 08, 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
Wouldn't that be ironic if Elena, the one who provoked Adam into murdering Jason, ended up being murdered herself by him?

Whatever the case, I'm glad she's not around anymore.
I agree. All these years later, I still feel angry over her blowing a head gasket and getting the poor guy killed. Good riddance.
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 09:30 PM   #89
WishfulDreamer
Member
Senior Member
 
WishfulDreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 01, 2009
Location: L.A.
Posts: 3,304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
This case is one of my "favorites" that I'd really like to see resolved.

I'm split. A part of me thinks he jumped to avoid jail time, another part thinks that he fled the country and either pushed his wife or tricked her into jumping into the river...

EDIT: Apparently a year ago, I thought he was dead. Guess I've flipped on that one.
I feel the same way. I can totally see him jumping into the water. However, he was seemingly such a narcissist/worried about money that I could see him tricking her into jumping and pretending he would or even pushing her.

I hope one day they find him. I also wonder what would have happened if a random motorist hadn't hit his car that evening. Would Adam Emery have lived a normal life--or would he have snapped and killed someone eventually? My bet is on the latter.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 11:16 PM   #90
WishfulDreamer
Member
Senior Member
 
WishfulDreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 01, 2009
Location: L.A.
Posts: 3,304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone2421
I agree. All these years later, I still feel angry over her blowing a head gasket and getting the poor guy killed. Good riddance.
Rewatching the segment now. I had forgotten that she handed him the knife, too.

So I can't disagree.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:06 PM.


Frequently Asked Questions

1) How do I contact Unsolved Mysteries with information on segments?

If you any information on cases, you can contact them via:

Website: www.unsolved.com

Contact form on official Unsolved Mysteries site

Please note that their old mailing address and 1-800 phone number no longer work.


2) Where can I watch Unsolved Mysteries?

Unsolved Mysteries is available for streaming on Amazon Instant Video, YouTube and Hulu.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.