Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Politics / Random Posts

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Music

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-23-2018, 09:43 AM   #1
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Music GameInformer: "Top 10 Musician-Based Video Games"

Taken from Oct. 2018 Edition of GameInformer:

1. The Beatles: Rock Band (2009)
PS3, Wii, XBox 360

In 2009, one of the greatest music games of all time collided with one of the greatest bands of all time. The Beatles: Rock Band was the first band-centric game in the series, and its presentation lived up to the band's legendary status.

Players reenacted many of the legendary English rock band's famous live performances using Harmonix's polished note-highway gameplay. It was the perfect example of why The Beatles iconic discography has withstood the test of time.

2. 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand (2009)
PS3, XBox 360

During a tour through the Middle East, 50 Cent's prized diamond-and-pearl encrusted human skull is stolen by terrorists, so the rapper sets off to crack a few skulls of his own.

We don't know where Swordfish Studios came up with the story for this third-person shooter, but we imagine it's based on 50 Cent's tour diaries.

3. Victor Vran: Motörhead - Through the Ages (2017)
PS4, Nintendo Switch, XBox One

This DLC expansion to the gothic-fantasy RPG, Victor Vran, lets players stay undead monsters using heavy metal guitar riffs from one of the loudest bands on the planet.

But this tour through the demon-infested worlds probably felt like a vacation for Motörhead's tough-as-nails frontman Lemmy Kilmister.

4. Crüe Ball (1992)
SEGA Genesis

The name Mötley Crüe practically screams "pinball," so in 1992 Electronic Arts developed this digital game themed around the glam-metal band.

Players bounced a pinball up a three-level playing field while rocking out to surprisingly catchy 16-bit arrangements of Mötley Crüe's music.

5. Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (1990)
SEGA Genesis, SEGA Master System

When an evil figure known as Mr. Big kidnaps children from across the city, the kids pray that someone will use the power of synthesized pop music to set them free.

Unfortunately, they had to make due with Michael Jackson and his backward heel shuffle.

6. Revolution X (1994)
Arcade, Super Nintendo, SEGA Genesis, SEGA Saturn, PS1

In this dystopian version of 1996, an oppressive regime bans all forms of music, television, video games, and kidnaps the rock band Aerosmith to boot.

During this on-rails arcade shooter, players shot enemies with compact discs, which turned out to be the best thing anyone has done with Aerosmith's music.

7. KISS: Psycho Circus - The Nightmare Child (2000)
PC, SEGA Dreamcast

The Nightmare Child is a first-person shooter based on the KISS: Psycho Circus comic series by Todd McFarlane, which in turn was based on the rock group KISS.

This 2000 shooter was decent, but was completely overshadowed by the release of Quake II.

8. Wu-Tang: Shaolin Style (1999)
PS1

In 1999, Paradox Development reworked its controversial fighting game Thrill Kill into a four-player slugfest starring hip-hop legends Wu-Tang Clan.

The result was a convoluted mess of fighting systems, but like they say, "Wu-Tang ain't nuthin ta feud wit."

9. Journey Escape (1983)
Atari 2600

In the early 1980s, "wild alien groupoids" stole the musical instruments belonging to the synth-happy rock band Journey and then scattered their equipment across the galaxy, behind bizarre, arcade-like obstacles.

Sadly, the game was so bad that it made many gamers stop believing.

10. Frankie Goes to Hollywood (1985)
Commodore 64, Amstrad CPC and ZX Spectrum

British pop band Frankie Goes to Hollywood is known for their hit debut single 'Relax'. They're less known for this obscure adventure game that had players searching for aspects of humanity to "become a full person."

The game was bad, but we were eager to find something that kicked Spice World off of this list.
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 03:28 AM   #2
LaBestia
Crazy For Dax Shepard

How about Vendetta? It was a video game like the WWE Smackdown series but featured the biggest names in rap music that competed in a wrestling match. While the game had awesome gameplay and neat rap music a sequel to Vendetta was never released but is worth checking out if you can find a copy for your Playstation. A second music oriented game was Spice Girls which was a video game that was released for the Playstation at the time their movie Spice World came out and in Spice Girls you could design create and watch your own Spice Girls concerts and was a great game to play. Another music game is Britney's Dance Beat that was released for the PC Playstation and Nintendo Gameboy Advance that featured Britney Spears preparing for a mega concert and needed your help to memorize her dance moves. Believe it or not I still cannot solve Britney's Dance Beat since I got it for my Gameboy Advance for my 17th birthday in 2002 but it's an awesome game to have if you are a Britney Spears fan
Bestie
Old 09-28-2018, 02:58 PM   #3
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBestia View Post
A second music oriented game was Spice Girls which was a video game that was released for the Playstation at the time their movie Spice World came out and in Spice Girls you could design create and watch your own Spice Girls concerts and was a great game to play.
The game was actually called 'Spice World', and the author of the article mentioned he didn't want it on his list.
Old 10-01-2018, 01:07 PM   #4
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

I never played the KISS: Psycho Circus game, but I purchased the PC version years ago for its collectibles. It included an autographed poster and a backstage pass from the KISS Psycho Circus tour.

I used to play Revolution X at the local bowling alleys and movie theaters when I was younger. I never played the home console ports.

KISS also had a pinball game released for the PC in 2000 and PS1 in 2001.

Besides the Atari Game, Journey had an arcade game released by Midway in 1983.