Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series
Search Party Moving to HBO Max for Seasons 3 and 4; Disney Gets More Gabby Duran & the Unsittables
2019 New York Comic Con Round Up

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-03-2017, 03:05 AM   #31
Steve W.
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertakeress
Write it down for next April 1st. You know we won't remember this conversation in a year LOL

Make sure Vince takes the creepy music to another level for that one, Robin.
Steve W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 10:03 AM   #32
schmave
Forum Regular

Two geographical goofs involving my home state of Ohio ...
* In the Circleville murders segment, Stack said Freshour was imprisoned in Lima, "more than 200 miles" from Circleville. He was indeed in Lima, but it's 110 miles away at most. 200 does make it sound more dramatic.
* In the prostitute murders segment, Stack says "nearby" Medina County when referring to Licking County. They're about 100 miles apart. Licking is right next to Columbus, and Medina County borders Cuyahoga County (Cleveland).
schmave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 12:54 PM   #33
flytrapp
Forum Regular

The woman interviewed in the Mikki Jo West segment is introduced as "Mikki's sister in law". She is actually Mikki's sister...but I don't think this was a goof, I think it was to protect the situation, and Mikki's killer was the sister's estranged husband.
flytrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 06:49 PM   #34
xxxxmattxxxx69
Forum Regular

In the Dede Rosenthal update it shows footage of Greg Webb driving off. This was the Farina version
xxxxmattxxxx69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:27 PM   #35
Love A Good Mystery
Frequent Poster

I could be very wrong, but on the Flight 19 segment, when they show other "victims" of the Bermuda Triangle, there may be a period missing after one of the S's in the ship called Cyclops.
Love A Good Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 02:17 PM   #36
Hops3098
Forum Regular

**Sorry upfront if this is overkill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hops3098
In the Mark Dennis segment, Stack incorrectly identifies Dennis's helicopter as a Chinook, when it was actually a Sea Knight. To be fair, it's an extremely easy mistake for a non-military person to make- they're very similar looking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asmitty
Mark's brother Jerry also referred to the crash that killed Mark being a Chinook helicopter as well though.
That's correct, he does. But I still maintain that it's an error.

There's the circumstantial fact that the Chinook is/was not used by the Navy & Marine Corps, although I myself "caught rides" on other branches' helicopters on more than one occasion while overseas.

But more importantly (to me) the episode shows a photo which RS claimed was Mark's actual helicopter being shot down. The helicopter in the photo is a CH-46 Sea Knight, not a CH-47 Chinook. I base my belief on several distinct differences between the air-frames themselves. Like I mentioned before, its a common mistake-most people see the dual rotors and not much else. The relative size is a give-away, but that's tough to discern from the photo. I've attached a snip from the Segment, as well as a CH-46 and -47. Note how the Chinook's airframe is "bubbled out" at the bottom for about 3/4 of its length, while on the Sea Knight the comparable feature is only is just a small portion near the rear landing gear.
Name:  UM Segment Helo.JPG
Views: 139
Size:  24.5 KB Name:  ch-46.JPG
Size:  13.5 KB Name:  ch-47.JPG
Size:  13.3 KB

Another feature is the front landing gear shown in the UM photo is much too far forward to be the Chinook. (Tough to tell from the photo but also the Chinook has 2 parallel sets of front landing gear vs. one on the Sea Knight)

I actually think Jerry's statement might have been the source of the erroneous ID which made it into the script for RS's narration.
Hops3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 09:23 PM   #37
Love A Good Mystery
Frequent Poster

In the update that appears on Amazon regarding the two Barbaras (Season 4, Episode 11, I think), the word reunited is spelled wrong.
Old 04-28-2017, 10:07 PM   #38
Love A Good Mystery
Frequent Poster

This one might be a case of splitting hairs, BUT in rhe segment on the Phoenix socialite Jeannie that was murdered, the cop says there was white carpeting throughout the house. But when Jeannie is walking the freelance reporter to the couch, the carpet appears to be a shade of blue.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:47 PM   #39
DazzlerSparkler
Sharon Kinne Imposter
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to DazzlerSparkler

A rare case of continuity....

Unnamed Cult Member has her hair cut off for disobeying Nelson DeCloud. In keeping with the "several years later" she can be seen working in the office when Julie meets Tim

Her wig I mean hair is back to normal. It stays that way even when they evacuate.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:41 PM   #40
Love A Good Mystery
Frequent Poster

In the Michael Hunter segment, the police officer says there was no breeze the night of the killing. Yet in RS narration a few moments later we hear of the winter breeze.

While we're in the Bay Area, if I'm not mistaken, during the Kurt McFall segment the date Sept 10 is mentioned twice but the narrative surrounding it suggests two different days of the week are alluded to.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:29 PM   #41
DazzlerSparkler
Sharon Kinne Imposter
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to DazzlerSparkler

Rachel Timmerman dad mentioned her working at a restaurant and he almost says McDonalds but stops himself. I guess he could get sued?
DazzlerSparkler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 03:12 PM   #42
DALLASTEXAN!!

Is it just me or does RS call Christie Nichols Christie nichol in the opening of the segment
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 11:04 PM   #43
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazzlerSparkler
Rachel Timmerman dad mentioned her working at a restaurant and he almost says McDonalds but stops himself. I guess he could get sued?
I always noticed this, but I figured he just didn't want to give specifics. I don't think he would have to worry about getting sued for saying his daughter worked there.

One mistake from that segment I also notice is the update. RS switched Rachel's name with her daughter Shannon's.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 12:49 PM   #44
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulDreamer
I always noticed this, but I figured he just didn't want to give specifics. I don't think he would have to worry about getting sued for saying his daughter worked there.

One mistake from that segment I also notice is the update. RS switched Rachel's name with her daughter Shannon's.
Yeah, that mistake always bummed me out. I had heard RS was pretty involved with certain cases, so I found it shocking he wouldn't catch that mistake....
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 11:04 AM   #45
Mike82
Frequent Poster

In the segment on the air crash in Gander, he pronounces "Newfoundland" wrong. It is supposed to sound like "newf-in-land".

On an unrelated note, I was visiting Gander this summer and my very first stop was the site of the plane crash and where the segment was filmed.
Mike82 is offline   Reply With Quote