Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-25-2017, 03:16 PM   #31
boechsner

Quote:
Originally Posted by coatjones
Off the top of your head, which are missing from Season 1 so far?
Hello,

Now it's possible they could edit in segments from Season 1 in Season 2. You never know. But missing so far is:

The entire Raymond Burr episode
All Karl Malden episodes
(2/5/1988) Lost Loves: Heirs of Charlie Scheel
(Most of the 5/6/1988 episode has been used as filler) Missing is: Wanted: Steve Hadley
(10/5/1988) The Unexplained: Gulf Breeze UFO
(Most of the 10/26/1988 episode has been used as filler) Missing is: The Unexplained: Tallman House
(11/2/1988) Wanted: Bank Robber Roll Call: Chevy Chase Bandit, John William Farr, Shotgun_Bandit, Shopping Bag Bandit
(11/9/1988) Wanted: Bob Dozier and John Russell, Lost Loves: The Father of Janet O'Regan
(11/23/1988) Updates on Bob Dozier and John Russell and the Shopping Bag Bandit, Wanted: Lancaster Extortion Writer
(12/14/1988): The Mystery of Bruno and Bobo
(12/21/1988) Updates on Steve Cox and Lancaster Extortion Writer
(1/18/1989) (Episode 14 is this episode) Missing Persons: The Crew of the Liebling
(1/25/1989) (Episode 15 is this episode) Missing Persons: Marlene Santana and missing baby roll call, Wanted: The Bald Mountain Shooters, Wanted: Robert Leeds
(2/1/1989) The Unexplained: Face on Mars
(2/8/1989) Wanted: Jean Marie Gagnon and wanted fugitive roll call
(2/15/1989) Update on the Bald Mountain Shooters, Wanted: Crazy Glue Bandit
(2/22/1989) Update on Robert Leeds, Wanted: Robert Wenke, Wanted: Robert Denslow
(3/1/1989) Update on Jean Marie Gagnon
(3/15/1989) Update on Louis Carlucci
(4/5/1989) Wanted: Charles Wickman
(Most of the 4/12/1989 episode has been used as filler) Missing is: Wanted: Jorge Cortez
(4/26/1989) Wanted: Ron Rushton
(5/3/1989) Wanted: Murders of Julie Cross, Wanted: The Bicycle Bandit, Wanted: Kathy Power
(5/10/1989): Wanted: David Rhodes
(5/17/1989) Wanted: Sheldon Weinberg
(9/6/1989) Missing Person: Mike Riemer
(9/13/1989) Unexplained Death: Todd McAfee
boechsner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 03:20 PM   #32
tarheelslim
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by boechsner
I assume this was left out intentionally because it was a hoax.
tarheelslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 03:58 PM   #33
JannTosh
Forum Regular

Mike Reimer is a famous episode. I don't see why they would leave it out
JannTosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 05:04 PM   #34
Hot Jock
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JannTosh
Mike Reimer is a famous episode. I don't see why they would leave it out
That's my number one most wanted segment that they left out of season one. Also, both of the "lost at sea" segments would be nice; The Liebling and The Sara Jo. Also, I think the Tallman's Ghost segment is essential. I don't even believe in ghosts, but that segment was the most well done of all of them IMO.
Hot Jock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 06:26 PM   #35
tlc38tlc38
Every dayís a Dolly day!
Forum Veteran

^I agree. The Tallman house is one of the best ghost segments. Glad I have it on my DVD set!
Deuteronomy 15:10
In loving memory of my best friend, my Mama.
tlc38tlc38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 08:54 PM   #36
everybodylovesrs
Forum Regular

According to Wikipedia, here are the episodes that aren't on Amazon from Season 1 (Amazon only has 24 episodes).

May 17, 1989
Wanted: Sheldon Weinberg
Legend: Gulf Breeze UFO Incident (repeat from October 5, 1988)
Wanted: Joe Shepard[27] (repeat from October 5, 1988)

August 16, 1989
Murder: Barbara Jean Horn[40] (repeat from November 16, 1988)
Wanted: Liz Carmichael (repeat from April 5, 1989)
A segment on homeless children at the turn of the century

September 6, 1989
Wanted: Mike Riemer/Murder: Diane Robertson
Update: "Wanted: Dr. David Rhodes/Lost: Keelan and David J. Rhodes"

September 13, 1989
Murder: Todd McAfee
Legend: Victorio Peak Treasure (repeat from May 10, 1989)
Lost: The Families of the S.S. Muskogee Crew (repeat from April 26, 1989)
everybodylovesrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 01:52 PM   #37
JannTosh
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by everybodylovesrs
According to Wikipedia, here are the episodes that aren't on Amazon from Season 1 (Amazon only has 24 episodes).

May 17, 1989
Wanted: Sheldon Weinberg
Legend: Gulf Breeze UFO Incident (repeat from October 5, 1988)
Wanted: Joe Shepard[27] (repeat from October 5, 1988)

August 16, 1989
Murder: Barbara Jean Horn[40] (repeat from November 16, 1988)
Wanted: Liz Carmichael (repeat from April 5, 1989)
A segment on homeless children at the turn of the century

September 6, 1989
Wanted: Mike Riemer/Murder: Diane Robertson
Update: "Wanted: Dr. David Rhodes/Lost: Keelan and David J. Rhodes"

September 13, 1989
Murder: Todd McAfee
Legend: Victorio Peak Treasure (repeat from May 10, 1989)
Lost: The Families of the S.S. Muskogee Crew (repeat from April 26, 1989)

Liz Carmichael and Joe Shepard are there.
JannTosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 02:21 PM   #38
Spark Of Spirit
Forum Regular

Maybe they're just not counting the episodes aired in the summer as part of season one for whatever reason. That's the only guess I could make.

I suppose we'll see when season 2 rolls around.
ďA thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.Ē
― G.K. Chesterton
Spark Of Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 04:17 AM   #39
everybodylovesrs
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JannTosh
Liz Carmichael and Joe Shepard are there.
Note that in the guide, they are indicated as repeats from previous episodes, so it makes sense that they are there. But they didn't post any of the new cases spotlighted from Ep 25 on.

It's not perfect, and I figured we would have this situation and they wouldn't post everything like they claimed in the press release, but I'm still grateful that we have anything at all.
Old 01-29-2017, 12:40 AM   #40
DazzlerSparkler
Sharon Kinne Imposter
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to DazzlerSparkler

Is the music still there? Like the theme playing during the "Next..." cuts to commercial breaks and the creepy update music?
Old 01-29-2017, 06:29 AM   #41
everybodylovesrs
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazzlerSparkler
Is the music still there? Like the theme playing during the "Next..." cuts to commercial breaks and the creepy update music?
They still have the update music. I haven't noticed any 'next' cuts to commercial breaks since there are no commercials. They just go to the next case with the music: whoooosh ...da dum dum dum dum, da dum dum dum dum......."MYSTERIOUS LEGENDS" shows up on screen....or "WANTED"...
Old 01-29-2017, 09:14 AM   #42
Hot Jock
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazzlerSparkler
Yes, they are in and they are awesome!
Hot Jock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 10:59 PM   #43
Composite Sketch
Staring at you
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
I think it's funny that the Dave Davis case is listed in the description as "Thumbs". WTF?
I think it's because in his suspect description (AFAIK, only shown in the original broadcast from November 1987), Davis was described as having unusually shaped thumbs, with thick knuckles. There was even a picture of his hand.

(The only reason I know this is because a couple years ago Vimeo had a bunch of UM segments and a few complete original episodes, one of which was Special #4 - Robert Stack's first episode.)
Composite Sketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 11:08 PM   #44
justins5256

Quote:
Hello,

Now it's possible they could edit in segments from Season 1 in Season 2. You never know. But missing so far is:
Nice list. My comments are below. Please note these are my opinions, and I don't actually know the real reasons certain segment were not included in the recent release.

Quote:
The entire Raymond Burr episode
All Karl Malden episodes
Probably excluded because these episodes were not hosted by Stack and it would be too costly or difficult to get the rights from the Burr and Malden estates to include them. These episodes were never shown on Lifetime either in the old days. The individual segments didn't surface on TV until the Farina episodes were created, but since they were reshot and renarrated by Farina it was a moot point who the original hosts were. Incidentally, even the Farina incarnation left out the Rolex Robbers segment, so it truly hasn't been seen on television since the 1980s.

Quote:
(2/5/1988) Lost Loves: Heirs of Charlie Scheel
The resolution was kind of a downer. IIRC he abandoned his family. I think a daughter was located and claimed the estate, possibly before the episode even aired in 1988 as every version of it I have ever seen has an "update." Perhaps the family was contacted and didn't consent to it being streamed or maybe the producers figured it was best to let it go given the circumstances.

Quote:
(Most of the 5/6/1988 episode has been used as filler) Missing is: Wanted: Steve Hadley
Hadley has since done his time and been released. Maybe they want to let him get on with his life, or he specifically asked for it not to be included.

Quote:
(10/5/1988) The Unexplained: Gulf Breeze UFO
I don't think these ever materialized in any incarnation after their original broadcasts in the 1980s and 1990 for the update. I'm not sure why, but I often wondered if Ed Walters or perhaps some of the townspeople who realized they were duped were unhappy with their portrayal or various aspects of the segment and threatened suit or something.

Quote:
(Most of the 10/26/1988 episode has been used as filler) Missing is: The Unexplained: Tallman House
Strangely missing from the Farina version as well. Maybe the family wants to be left alone. Even though they were interviewed in silhouette, they are easily findable.

Quote:
(11/2/1988) Wanted: Bank Robber Roll Call: Chevy Chase Bandit, John William Farr, Shotgun_Bandit, Shopping Bag Bandit
The guy that was the Chevy Chase Bandit died semi-recently. He had served his time and been out of prison for several years. It is probably difficult to ascertain at this juncture what became of these robbers, if they were ever caught, and, if not, is anyone really still actively looking for them given the passage of time.

Quote:
(11/9/1988) Wanted: Bob Dozier and John Russell
These guys were caught and prosecuted years later. They served their time and were released. I don't think they cooperated with authorities or explained what happened to the two women. Kind of a weird situation given that two women are still missing but maybe the fact that these guys are back in regular society is the reason this didn't make it.

Quote:
The family threatened to sue, IIRC, because Janet was the product of an affair.

Quote:
(11/23/1988) Updates on Bob Dozier and John Russell and the Shopping Bag Bandit, Wanted: Lancaster Extortion Writer
All since released after brief stints in prison.

Quote:
(12/14/1988): The Mystery of Bruno and Bobo
I don't think it made it to the Farina episodes. Statute of limitations? The men they did apprehend did their time and were released long ago.

Quote:
(12/21/1988) Updates on Steve Cox and Lancaster Extortion Writer
The former is pointless. The parties in the latter have been released.

Quote:
(1/18/1989) (Episode 14 is this episode) Missing Persons: The Crew of the Liebling
No clue. Maybe the family assumes they were lost at sea and wants to move on. The segment had some scenario about them possibly being in South America. At the time this originally aired, it might have been considered a plausible possibility, but has been lessened with the passage of time.

Quote:
(1/25/1989) (Episode 15 is this episode) Missing Persons: Marlene Santana and missing baby roll call, Wanted: The Bald Mountain Shooters, Wanted: Robert Leeds
Santana is an odd one. I don't think she was ever found, so this would be a good one to include. Also, it was Farina-ized, IIRC. The rollcall was probably lost with the original segment.

The horse killers is an odd exclusion too. I know there was an update that some men were arrested for the slayings, but the update never made it to Lifetime (even though the original segment did). Neither the segment or the update made it to the Farina series either. Given the fact that there was some controversy over whether the horses were being killed in the first place (some on the segment disputed this charge) perhaps that is why it was pulled.

Robert Leads is dead. The missing art rollcall was probably lost because it was attached to his segment. There was doubt about his guilt anyway.

Quote:
No idea. It wasn't shown in the Farina episodes either. Maybe some of the scientists involved wanted their names taken off of it. Also, I think the segment is "obsolete" as we have much clearer photos of these structures then what was available back then. Just a guess.

Quote:
(2/8/1989) Wanted: Jean Marie Gagnon and wanted fugitive roll call
Gagnon served his time and was released. No clue on the roll call other then it being attached to the Gagnon segment so was axed for that reason or because finding the current statuses on these escapees and updating would be a pain in the ass. I think most of them were caught anyway, and the rollcall wasn't even shown in the various repeats of this episode on Lifetime or NBC even.

Quote:
(2/15/1989) Update on the Bald Mountain Shooters, Wanted: Crazy Glue Bandit
I think the police identified the Crazy Glue Bandit but he died before he could be prosecuted. The case is officially solved, so maybe they wanted to let sleeping dogs lay. It wasn't Farina-ized either.

Quote:
(2/22/1989) Update on Robert Leeds, Wanted: Robert Wenke, Wanted: Robert Denslow
Alot of these rollcalls probably didn't make it for reasons I explained earlier.

Quote:
(3/1/1989) Update on Jean Marie Gagnon
The original segment was pulled, so why would we get an update?

Quote:
(3/15/1989) Update on Louis Carlucci
Probably redundant all things considered.

Quote:
(4/5/1989) Wanted: Charles Wickman
This was a tragic one. He was caught, served his time, and has probably been released and moved on. Due to the nature of the case, perhaps the family wants to be left alone. It wasn't Farinia-ized either.

Quote:
(Most of the 4/12/1989 episode has been used as filler) Missing is: Wanted: Jorge Cortez
Statute of limitations? It wasn't Farina-ized either.

Quote:
(4/26/1989) Wanted: Ron Rushton
Probably served his time and was released.

Quote:
(5/3/1989) Wanted: Murders of Julie Cross, Wanted: The Bicycle Bandit, Wanted: Kathy Power
The exclusion of Julie Cross from nearly every incarnation of the series except for some very early screenings on Lifetime in the earliest days of the show has always seemed odd.

Bicycle Bandit is probably dead. He would have been released long ago anyway. It wasn't Farina-ized either.

I think Power served her time, moved on and teaches college.

Quote:
(5/10/1989): Wanted: David Rhodes
A lot of these parental abduction cases were probably pulled to spare the families after they were solved. There are countless examples of such custody cases vanishing after their original debut and resolution such as Aprille, Fontes, Gibson, Fagan, and perhaps others.

Quote:
(5/17/1989) Wanted: Sheldon Weinberg
Pretty sure Sheldon Weinberg was released from prison and died. Not sure on his sons.

Quote:
(9/6/1989) Missing Person: Mike Riemer
(9/13/1989) Unexplained Death: Todd McAfee
Summer "preview" episodes that were in limbo because they aired over the summer for the first time and were not a part of season 1 or season 2. Lifetime has shown Riemer. The McAfee segment has never materialized since it's debut outside of a posting on one of the video sites a few years ago. It has long since been removed.

Hope this helps.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 11:40 PM   #45
everybodylovesrs
Forum Regular

I think the reason people are annoyed is the press release promised all the episodes. I questioned this - someone said of course, it says all the episodes. Well, now we know, it's not all the episodes. That's fine, it's their show, but they shouldn't have said everything was coming if they were going to hold back posting segments because of lawsuits or other reasons.