Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

All in the Family (Sitcoms Online) / All in the Family links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / All in the Family Photo Gallery


All in the Family - The Complete First Season

Buy All in the Family - The Complete First Season on DVD
All in the Family - The Complete Second Season

Buy All in the Family - The Complete Second Season on DVD
All in the Family - The Complete Third Season

Buy All in the Family - The Complete Third Season on DVD
All in the Family - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy All in the Family - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
All in the Family - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy All in the Family - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD
All in the Family - The Complete Sixth Season

Buy All in the Family - The Complete Sixth Season on DVD
All in the Family - The Complete Seventh Season

Buy All in the Family - The Complete Seventh Season on DVD
All in the Family - The Complete Eighth Season

Buy All in the Family - The Complete Eighth Season on DVD
All in the Family - The Complete Ninth Season

Buy All in the Family - The Complete Ninth Season on DVD
All in the Family - The Complete Series

Buy All in the Family - The Complete Series on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > All in the Family

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Schedules Comedy Christmas Event; CNBC Gets A-Rod to Get Celebs Back in the Game
Fox Picks Up 2nd Season of Bless the Harts; Remembering Bill Macy of Maude
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 21, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Sunnyside Becomes First Casualty of 2019-2020 TV Season; Our Miss Brooks Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3


New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-05-2019, 12:27 AM   #76
OH Nuts!
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!
Forum Legend
 
OH Nuts!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 15, 2005
Posts: 87,579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SitcomsHeydayfan View Post
Still shocking that AITF, The Jeffersons, Three's Company & so many other shows from that era are shown in reruns but Family Ties really isn't!
Family Ties is currently on Antenna.
__________________
Thank you SHOUT! & Antenna TV

xxoo You both Rock!!
OH Nuts! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 12:34 AM   #77
cfr1970
Member
Forum Regular
 
cfr1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 13, 2017
Posts: 405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH Nuts! View Post
Family Ties is currently on Antenna.
Antenna used to play it every weeknight and now they just shove it to overnight and 3pm on weekends only. I'd rather see it back to weeknights or at least daily afternoon airings than just weekends.
cfr1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 12:36 AM   #78
SitcomsHeydayfan
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 19, 2018
Location: The Show Me state
Posts: 1,465
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH Nuts! View Post
Family Ties is currently on Antenna.
Ok but it's not been the proportional rerun hit that it was as a first run show.

So many other shows have done better in reruns & some weren't even as big as FT!
SitcomsHeydayfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 01:09 AM   #79
JSP
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 19, 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,436
Default

Family Ties was definitely heavier on the drama than the comedy, and I really don’t enjoy it. But undoubtedly 1980’s audiences loved it.
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 08:57 AM   #80
SitcomsHeydayfan
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 19, 2018
Location: The Show Me state
Posts: 1,465
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfr1970 View Post
Antenna used to play it every weeknight and now they just shove it to overnight and 3pm on weekends only. I'd rather see it back to weeknights or at least daily afternoon airings than just weekends.
Why do you think they moved it to 3am or whatever? Not getting the viewers.

Why don't you just DVR it?
SitcomsHeydayfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 10:18 AM   #81
cfr1970
Member
Forum Regular
 
cfr1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 13, 2017
Posts: 405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SitcomsHeydayfan View Post
Why do you think they moved it to 3am or whatever? Not getting the viewers.

Why don't you just DVR it?
I don't own a DVR and if i'm going to shell out money to watch my favorite shows, I prefer to spend it on DVD's for unedited episodes. I already have Family Ties season 1...just have to get the rest of the seasons.
cfr1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 05:21 AM   #82
SitcomsHeydayfan
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 19, 2018
Location: The Show Me state
Posts: 1,465
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfr1970 View Post
I don't own a DVR and if i'm going to shell out money to watch my favorite shows, I prefer to spend it on DVD's for unedited episodes. I already have Family Ties season 1...just have to get the rest of the seasons.
Do you have cable or satellite? You can add a DVR for like 5 bucks a month. It's worth it even if it were a little more expensive just because you can fast forward past the stupid commercials!
SitcomsHeydayfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 11:01 AM   #83
cfr1970
Member
Forum Regular
 
cfr1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 13, 2017
Posts: 405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SitcomsHeydayfan View Post
Do you have cable or satellite? You can add a DVR for like 5 bucks a month. It's worth it even if it were a little more expensive just because you can fast forward past the stupid commercials!
I cut cable out of my life 5 years ago and will never go back to that ball & chain again. They keep sending me flyers in the mail to get me back for $19.99/month packages but I toss them in the trash.

For one, I don't watch enough TV to justify paying for it. And secondly, you know after a year goes by, that 19.99 bill will leap to 49.99 or something crazy like that. I'm sick of those games.

Besides, the only channels I care to watch with my rabbit ear antenna are Antenna TV and Buzzr channel....and sometimes Decades channel if they're running a marathon I like. Otherwise, i'm watching classic shows on DVD's.
cfr1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 11:12 AM   #84
tlc38tlc38
Every day’s a Dolly day!
Forum Veteran
 
tlc38tlc38's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 02, 2008
Location: I’m just travelin’ thru
Posts: 19,083
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfr1970 View Post
I cut cable out of my life 5 years ago and will never go back to that ball & chain again. They keep sending me flyers in the mail to get me back for $19.99/month packages but I toss them in the trash.

For one, I don't watch enough TV to justify paying for it. And secondly, you know after a year goes by, that 19.99 bill will leap to 49.99 or something crazy like that. I'm sick of those games.

Besides, the only channels I care to watch with my rabbit ear antenna are Antenna TV and Buzzr channel....and sometimes Decades channel if they're running a marathon I like. Otherwise, i'm watching classic shows on DVD's.
I’m so far in the boonies that I have to rely on DIRECTV for even my local channels. I’ve tried antennas and I pick nothing up. If it weren’t for my love of “Days of Our Lives” and “Wheel of Fortune”, I’d cut the cord today.
__________________
Give generously to them and do so without a grudging heart; then because of this the LORD your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to.
Deuteronomy 15:10
In loving memory of my best friend, my Mama.
tlc38tlc38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 11:27 AM   #85
Alan Brady's Hair
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 30, 2014
Posts: 3,791
Default

I'm curious: among the people who are surrogates for Norman Lear's point of view, especially Mike but also people like the Lorenzos, Maude, maybe Louise, was there ever criticism of any non-American culture?
Alan Brady's Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 11:28 AM   #86
cfr1970
Member
Forum Regular
 
cfr1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 13, 2017
Posts: 405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc38tlc38 View Post
I’m so far in the boonies that I have to rely on DIRECTV for even my local channels. I’ve tried antennas and I pick nothing up. If it weren’t for my love of “Days of Our Lives” and “Wheel of Fortune”, I’d cut the cord today.
I'm in Orlando, Florida and my rabbit ears can't pull in NBC or ME TV for some odd reason. So even in the city you won't be guaranteed all stations. I'm sure if I upgrade the antenna to a better one, i'll get them, but i'm happy with the channels I got. Now if I couldn't pull in Antenna TV, then i'd panic.

I understand the Days addiction. I was obsessed with that show back in the late 90's during the Kristen/Susan pillow baby story. Man was that a fun ride! I tuned out after the actress left the show but went back in '04 for the Salem Stalker story that got so absurd as it progressed that I tuned out forever after that.
I think after Marlena magically transported to an island inside her coffin straight from her funeral I threw my hands in the air and said that's enough. It got so silly by that point I just couldn't take anymore.
cfr1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 01:36 PM   #87
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,929
Default

Only thing I did last was reduce my cable bill $50 by eliminating LOGO so now I won't get to see Three's company and All in the family on sunday nights
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 11:19 AM   #88
SitcomsHeydayfan
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 19, 2018
Location: The Show Me state
Posts: 1,465
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Brady's Hair View Post
I'm curious: among the people who are surrogates for Norman Lear's point of view, especially Mike but also people like the Lorenzos, Maude, maybe Louise, was there ever criticism of any non-American culture?
Only by Archie Bunker but NEVER by the liberals on the show. They practically WORSHIPPED foreign NON-whites!

And domestic non-whites for that matter.
SitcomsHeydayfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 11:43 AM   #89
cfr1970
Member
Forum Regular
 
cfr1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 13, 2017
Posts: 405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SitcomsHeydayfan View Post
Only by Archie Bunker but NEVER by the liberals on the show. They practically WORSHIPPED foreign NON-whites!

And domestic non-whites for that matter.
And whenever Archie made a valid point in criticizing them, Meathead and the rest of them ALWAYS had a ready (and usually lame) excuse in defense.

Lionel was a liberal, but he was the only character that actually called Meathead on his patronizing behavior towards non whites, particularly him, in the episode "The Games Bunkers Play".
During that great episode (and one of my favorites), he let him know he didn't appreciate that Meathead always spoke to him as a black person first, saying "You're always bending over backwards for me. I can't even get into a good argument with you. You're so quick to agree with me." and "Just once i'd like you to talk to me like I was Lionel Jefferson and not a representation of the whole black race."

It was refreshing that another liberal actually called him out on his patronizing and insulting worship of non whites.
cfr1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 01:16 PM   #90
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,929
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfr1970 View Post
And whenever Archie made a valid point in criticizing them, Meathead and the rest of them ALWAYS had a ready (and usually lame) excuse in defense.

Lionel was a liberal, but he was the only character that actually called Meathead on his patronizing behavior towards non whites, particularly him, in the episode "The Games Bunkers Play".
During that great episode (and one of my favorites), he let him know he didn't appreciate that Meathead always spoke to him as a black person first, saying "You're always bending over backwards for me. I can't even get into a good argument with you. You're so quick to agree with me." and "Just once i'd like you to talk to me like I was Lionel Jefferson and not a representation of the whole black race."

It was refreshing that another liberal actually called him out on his patronizing and insulting worship of non whites.

Is that the episode when Lionel said..."black people have weather too"
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:33 AM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.