Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-21-2017, 11:58 AM   #31
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennettMarco
I posted in this thread last year to spark conversation, or to help with ideas on how to approach.

Not sure who else is following along here, but I know the truth to this "mystery". I've seen the theories and guesses as to why, but the truth isn't as cryptic.

I think someone guessed it right on the money at one point. It happened almost exactly as the show depicted. The "military man" at Casolaro's funeral WAS in fact there at the right funeral. And no, there's no good reason why the family would have known his identity, so they would have every right to think there was more to it.

Anyway, I heard this story about 20 years ago. A lot of time has gone by and his family may already know the truth. Should I bother making contact?
You know the truth? I wanna know the truth! Although I think folks have made a compelling argument for suicide, I do not believe it. Not for a second. I'd love to know what you know.

...and for what it's worth, I'm sure his family would, too. Especially if they had questions about his death. Someone in my family recently committed suicide and I was able to find evidence to present to my mother that he had cancer. At first, I thought my mom wouldn't want to hear that, but the news actually gave her closure, as she realized that 1) it really wasn't her fault he passed away and 2) there really was nothing she could have done.

Just my two cents.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 05:23 PM   #32
bugnpinky
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
You know the truth? I wanna know the truth! Although I think folks have made a compelling argument for suicide, I do not believe it. Not for a second. I'd love to know what you know.

...and for what it's worth, I'm sure his family would, too. Especially if they had questions about his death. Someone in my family recently committed suicide and I was able to find evidence to present to my mother that he had cancer. At first, I thought my mom wouldn't want to hear that, but the news actually gave her closure, as she realized that 1) it really wasn't her fault he passed away and 2) there really was nothing she could have done.

Just my two cents.
Exactly......if something is known, make contact with the ones involved with the case.
Not cryptically on a message board.
bugnpinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 05:46 PM   #33
RobinW

Here's a Reddit post from a few months ago containing official documentation and crime scene photos:
https://www.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedM...casolaro_case/

I've always been on the fence about this case, but the thing which really stands out to me about the crime scene photos are just how deep the cuts appear to be on both of Casolaro's wrists. If he cut himself so deeply on one wrist, I'm just not sure he would have been capable of using that injured arm to slash his other wrist so deeply.

FYI, the crime scene photos are in black-and-white if you're worried you won't have the stomach to look at them.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 05:50 PM   #34
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinW
Here's a Reddit post from a few months ago containing official documentation and crime scene photos:

I've always been on the fence about this case, but the thing which really stands out to me about the crime scene photos are just how deep the cuts appear to be on both of Casolaro's wrists. If he cut himself so deeply on one wrist, I'm just not sure he would have been capable of using that injured arm to slash his other wrist so deeply.

FYI, the crime scene photos are in black-and-white if you're worried you won't have the stomach to look at them.
I agree. Cuts that deep would cause excruciating pain, to the point I'm not sure he would have been able to stay conscious (let alone cut the other hand). Even with a sharp razor blade you would have to press very hard to get those results. To me, those pictures tilt it heavily to the murder side.
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 02:30 AM   #35
Awsi Dooger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALLASTEXAN!!
I don't know why but I always found the military man unbelievable. Either exaggerated or completely a myth.
Good call. And I'll take it far beyond that:

The idea of any strange mysterious person at any funeral is also a myth.

The exceptions would be too few or too meaningless to matter.
Awsi Dooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 12:45 PM   #36
biscuitgirl
Frequent Poster

Didn't his brother say in the segment that Danny was so scared of blood that he wouldn't even go to the doctor? I'm pretty squeamish of blood myself and slitting my wrists is about the last way I'd commit suicide. I've always had a hard time believing that Danny could have committed suicide in that manner.
biscuitgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 01:00 PM   #37
freakbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitgirl
Didn't his brother say in the segment that Danny was so scared of blood that he wouldn't even go to the doctor? I'm pretty squeamish of blood myself and slitting my wrists is about the last way I'd commit suicide. I've always had a hard time believing that Danny could have committed suicide in that manner.
Unless he was under the influence of something.
freakbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 01:13 PM   #38
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinW

Yep. I've looked at those pictures and have reached the same conclusion about how deep the cuts are. His tendons are totally severed. I don't think he could have cut the other wrist after making the first set of cuts. His fear of blood doesn't make me automatically think he was murdered, but the severity of those cuts sure do.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 02:21 PM   #39
dynoguy88

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitgirl
His brother was a doctor too, so he saw firsthand many times how squeamish he was. But it was actually Don Deveroux who brought that point up in the 'Mistaken Hit' segment, where Casolaro got a brief mention.

I agree that it's the least possible way for someone as squeamish about needles and blood and cuts as he was to off himself. If he wanted to kill himself, why not just swallow a bottle of pills or something?
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 11:20 PM   #40
LilMissKryssy
" & every sinner has a future"
Forum Regular

I agree that I can't understand how he could cut the other wrist. However, this article has me leaning, for the first time, towards suicide.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archi...=.bb744940a39c

He had a prescription pain killer with him. He was prescribed it back in 1988. Why would he bring a 3 year old bottle of pain killers with him? It hasn't been used in years.why bring it? Also, my friend is a dentist. Dentist use to prescribe much stronger pain killers back in the late 80s before the crack down on pain killers in the early 2000s.

I'm no medical MD so I have no qualification to say if it's possible or impossible for him to slice the other wrist but pain killers would certainly help.

The suicide is very dramatic. It's a very good possibility as he was on anti depressants. His obsession with this investigation was going nowhere. He claimed to be getting threatening calls, but nobody else can verify that. I'm not saying our justice department didn't do something shady with inslaw but the huge octopus conspiracy theory sounds in the "tin foil hats" territory.

The police might've been lazy and botched the scene so it will def make it harder to know for sure.

Also, I don't know why a CIA assassin would take the time and slit someone's wrists 10-12 times. To much could go wrong and to much time. Stage a hanging or a self inflicted gun shot? Fine but the wrist slitting is a litttle bizarre.

The question as to why"didn't he just take sleeping pills" to kill himself is simple. Men are much more likely to commit suicide in a more violent fashion. Also, unless you have access to the type of sleeping pills they prescribed back in the 50s and 60s (barbiturates..the ones that killed many of actresses) it's not a sure thing. Modern sleeping pills are much harder to overdose on. Which is a good thing but it makes those hell bent on suicide want to use another method.

He told his family if he doesn't come back alive from martinsburg that he was murdered. Hmm, then why go without someone with you? He could've got rid of his paperwork before he killed himself make it to appear someone took it. Hey it worked.
Old 08-23-2017, 12:19 AM   #41
freakbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakbook
Unless he was under the influence of something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMissKryssy
I agree that I can't understand how he could cut the other wrist. However, this article has me leaning, for the first time, towards suicide.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archi...=.bb744940a39c

He had a prescription pain killer with him. He was prescribed it back in 1988. Why would he bring a 3 year old bottle of pain killers with him? It hasn't been used in years.why bring it? Also, my friend is a dentist. Dentist use to prescribe much stronger pain killers back in the late 80s before the crack down on pain killers in the early 2000s.

I'm no medical MD so I have no qualification to say if it's possible or impossible for him to slice the other wrist but pain killers would certainly help.

The suicide is very dramatic. It's a very good possibility as he was on anti depressants. His obsession with this investigation was going nowhere. He claimed to be getting threatening calls, but nobody else can verify that. I'm not saying our justice department didn't do something shady with inslaw but the huge octopus conspiracy theory sounds in the "tin foil hats" territory.

The police might've been lazy and botched the scene so it will def make it harder to know for sure.

Also, I don't know why a CIA assassin would take the time and slit someone's wrists 10-12 times. To much could go wrong and to much time. Stage a hanging or a self inflicted gun shot? Fine but the wrist slitting is a litttle bizarre.

The question as to why"didn't he just take sleeping pills" to kill himself is simple. Men are much more likely to commit suicide in a more violent fashion. Also, unless you have access to the type of sleeping pills they prescribed back in the 50s and 60s (barbiturates..the ones that killed many of actresses) it's not a sure thing. Modern sleeping pills are much harder to overdose on. Which is a good thing but it makes those hell bent on suicide want to use another method.

He told his family if he doesn't come back alive from martinsburg that he was murdered. Hmm, then why go without someone with you? He could've got rid of his paperwork before he killed himself make it to appear someone took it. Hey it worked.
Attached Images

Old 08-23-2017, 12:40 AM   #42
JannTosh
Forum Regular

while it is fun to believe the conspiracy angle, the more info you read about this, the more it is clear it is likely suicide
JannTosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 12:45 AM   #43
freakbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by JannTosh
while it is fun to believe the conspiracy angle, the more info you read about this, the more it is clear it is likely suicide
Indeed.

While I admit that those cuts look abnormally deep for someone to do themselves, it is possible. Anger/depression, and drug intake could definitely numb the pain enough for someone to go that far.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:35 AM   #44
LilMissKryssy
" & every sinner has a future"
Forum Regular

Also, from everything I looked into, cutting vertically is much more effective than horizontally. Obviously, if it's deep enough in any direction, it will kill you. However, if a CIA assassin was doing the job, I would think the easier way would be chosen.

Anyways, I googled it. Numerous sites with EMTs commenting have said they have seen people cut through both wrists deep enough to cause death.

Would it be tough? Of course I'm sure. However, he had pain killers with him which UM never mentioned. That would definitely help.
LilMissKryssy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 11:46 AM   #45
freakbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMissKryssy
However, if a CIA assassin was doing the job, I would think the easier way would be chosen.
This is my problem. I want everyone who thinks this was a murder to actually think hard about this scenario hard. Why would an assassin, who somehow got into his hotel room, waste time slashing both of his wrist super deep? Not only would they leave a great amount of DNA, but that's very time-consuming, and personal.

It seems more like a crime of passion to really cut both of his wrist so deep. Yeah, I know, "they wanted to make it look like a suicide", but the overkill on his wrist make it seem opposite, and wouldn't a professional assassin know that? A more subtle murder would make more sense for an assassin, not overkill. Also wouldn't an assassin be afraid to leave a razorblade with his possible DNA at the scene?

Also, he was in a hotel room. Was there any footage showing someone going to his room? And how did the assassin get in if Danny was in the bathtub? Did he let them in and go back in the tub, where they ran up and slashed his wrist? No. No other residents heard any commotion, and if Danny was super paranoid why would he let someone in his hotel room?

This was a suicide. A bizarre one, but a suicide nonetheless. If he wasn't investigating this tin-foil hat case, and didn't have the "secrecy" surrounding his death, then most would just call this a depressive suicide. Alcohol, and prescription drugs were found in his hotel room. Pretty clear what happened.

He also left a suicide note dedicated to his son. I know we all love mysteries, but c'mon. This is reaching.