Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

All in the Family (Sitcoms Online) / All in the Family links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / All in the Family Photo Gallery

All in the Family - The Complete First Season

Buy All in the Family - The Complete First Season on DVD
All in the Family - The Complete Second Season

Buy All in the Family - The Complete Second Season on DVD
All in the Family - The Complete Third Season

Buy All in the Family - The Complete Third Season on DVD
All in the Family - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy All in the Family - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
All in the Family - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy All in the Family - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD
All in the Family - The Complete Sixth Season

Buy All in the Family - The Complete Sixth Season on DVD
All in the Family - The Complete Seventh Season

Buy All in the Family - The Complete Seventh Season on DVD
All in the Family - The Complete Eighth Season

Buy All in the Family - The Complete Eighth Season on DVD
All in the Family - The Complete Ninth Season

Buy All in the Family - The Complete Ninth Season on DVD
All in the Family - The Complete Series

Buy All in the Family - The Complete Series on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > All in the Family

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Schedules Comedy Christmas Event; CNBC Gets A-Rod to Get Celebs Back in the Game
Fox Picks Up 2nd Season of Bless the Harts; Remembering Bill Macy of Maude
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 21, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Sunnyside Becomes First Casualty of 2019-2020 TV Season; Our Miss Brooks Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-25-2011, 06:57 PM   #1
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Forum Legend

Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage
Cool Gloria Leroy (Mildred "Boom Boom" Turner) Then & Now

Money Doesn't Buy Happiness...But I'd Rather Cry in My Private Jet
Brian Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:23 PM   #2
Reverend Jim
Forum Regular

Reverend Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:44 AM   #3
Hughsgirl
Forum Regular

Well at least she's covered up in the recent photo.
Hughsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 02:20 AM   #4
SitcomsHeydayfan

She died last year! Wow! No posts in this thread in almost 8 years!

She also guest started in the There's Company episode "The Goodbye Guy" as Ralph Furley's life interest.

RIP
SitcomsHeydayfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 02:42 AM   #5
opus
VB
Forum Veteran

Location: New York; but ideally Apt. 402 in Indy (for 8 years)

You can also find her on One Day At A Time

opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 03:29 PM   #6
cfr1970
Forum Regular

There's an AITF episode where she played a character other than Boon Boom and staying over at the Bunkers for the night. She takes off her coat and is wearing a sweater cut so low that her enormous boobs are practically falling out of it.

And she struts around the house acting as if no one is supposed to notice. When Archie is fixated on her purposely displayed breasts, she tells him "my eyes are up here"....well then don't wear a sweater that displays them like a store window.

I never liked the episode because she DID flirt with Archie, and that kiss was not totally innocent. She was no victim. To wear a sweater like that to visit a family, and one you never even met before is crude.

I was glad when Edith threw her out of the house because she deserved it. And the way she exited the house with that high & mighty attitude to Archie and how she's going to tell "Duke" about the whole thing was laughable because she was a low class skank.

And i'm surprised when she arrived Edith or Gloria didn't take one look at her and say "You might want to cover those up while in our house." It was unbelievable how the women both seemed completely oblivious to it but both Archie & Mike had their tongues wagging.
cfr1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 02:48 PM   #7
QTMcWhiskers
Frequent Poster

Wasn't she also in an episode of "Married with Children" in its later years?
QTMcWhiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 02:08 AM   #8
Heenan Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfr1970 View Post
There's an AITF episode where she played a character other than Boon Boom and staying over at the Bunkers for the night. She takes off her coat and is wearing a sweater cut so low that her enormous boobs are practically falling out of it.

And she struts around the house acting as if no one is supposed to notice. When Archie is fixated on her purposely displayed breasts, she tells him "my eyes are up here"....well then don't wear a sweater that displays them like a store window.

I never liked the episode because she DID flirt with Archie, and that kiss was not totally innocent. She was no victim. To wear a sweater like that to visit a family, and one you never even met before is crude.

I was glad when Edith threw her out of the house because she deserved it. And the way she exited the house with that high & mighty attitude to Archie and how she's going to tell "Duke" about the whole thing was laughable because she was a low class skank.

And i'm surprised when she arrived Edith or Gloria didn't take one look at her and say "You might want to cover those up while in our house." It was unbelievable how the women both seemed completely oblivious to it but both Archie & Mike had their tongues wagging.
"My Eyes Are Up Here" - This is a quote that legit has became a pop culture iconic term to this day.

OK, you hot a pencil? I want 20 pounds, no make that 40 pounds of your best ribs, THE JUMBOS! And I want some BBQ sauce...a GALLON!

I'm having a party. My mother's out on parole." - Hawkeye
Heenan Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 08:12 PM   #9
SitcomsHeydayfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heenan Fan View Post
"My Eyes Are Up Here" - This is a quote that legit has became a pop culture iconic term to this day.
Janet says that in 3's Company in the flower shop when her boss Mr.Compton touches her booty.
SitcomsHeydayfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 04:53 PM   #10
Heenan Fan

Mrs. Leroy was also great as the fake Aunt Ginger in shameless.

Last edited by Heenan Fan; 07-05-2019 at 09:06 AM.
Heenan Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 01:56 AM   #11
#1 Sinatra Fan
Occasional Poster

Quote:

She never said “my eyes are up here”, she called him out, jokingly, for staring at her tits and they both laughed about it. And Edith was too naive to say anything about it and Gloria didn’t care because she was one of those 70’s feminists, you know, burn your bras and let them hang loose And there’s nothing wrong with flaunting it if you’ve got it. She had it and she flaunted it. As for LeRoy herself, they got her the role, of course they were going to have them on display Like anyone thinks they gave her that role or Boom Boom for any other reason Whenever they needed some DDDs, LeRoy was their girl And how could you have her in any role and not show them off? That’s like having Judy Landers in a role and not in a tiny bikini That’d be like having an exhibit for every famous painting and not having the Mona Lisa on display
#1 Sinatra Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 03:26 PM   #12
cfr1970
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1 Sinatra Fan View Post
She never said “my eyes are up here”, she called him out, jokingly, for staring at her tits and they both laughed about it. And Edith was too naive to say anything about it and Gloria didn’t care because she was one of those 70’s feminists, you know, burn your bras and let them hang loose And there’s nothing wrong with flaunting it if you’ve got it. She had it and she flaunted it. As for LeRoy herself, they got her the role, of course they were going to have them on display Like anyone thinks they gave her that role or Boom Boom for any other reason Whenever they needed some DDDs, LeRoy was their girl And how could you have her in any role and not show them off? That’s like having Judy Landers in a role and not in a tiny bikini That’d be like having an exhibit for every famous painting and not having the Mona Lisa on display
My problem was with the character not the actress. That whole episode was stupid and unrealistic in a show that was grounded in reality.

Here's a woman who never even met this family before and was staying over for the night. The way she was dressed was extremely inappropriate and as naive as Edith was, she certainly would have noticed and made a subtle comment towards her like "You might want to change for dinner."

Her breasts hanging out on display was way too obvious for her not to notice and be offended. Yes, I know it was a plot device to further the story, but it was just unrealistic how no one made mention of such an inappropriate dress except for the drooling male characters.

The whole episode went through pains to make it look like everything was Archie's fault when it was actually the other way around. From the moment that character took off her coat, she was flaunting her enormous nearly bare breasts all around the Bunker house and acts like she's offended when Archie stares at what men are naturally attracted to. She was a low class piece of gutter trash and she deserved to be thrown out of the house by Edith.

I have no problem with the actress herself. More power to her for using her breasts to get TV parts. She wasn't the first and won't be the last in Hollywood to do it, I just hated her character and consider this episode one of the worst written of the entire series because it wasn't realistic and both Edith and Gloria acted out of character.
Old 09-05-2019, 09:57 PM   #13
#1 Sinatra Fan
Occasional Poster

Quote:
My problem was with the character not the actress. That whole episode was stupid and unrealistic in a show that was grounded in reality.

Here's a woman who never even met this family before and was staying over for the night. The way she was dressed was extremely inappropriate and as naive as Edith was, she certainly would have noticed and made a subtle comment towards her like "You might want to change for dinner."

Her breasts hanging out on display was way too obvious for her not to notice and be offended. Yes, I know it was a plot device to further the story, but it was just unrealistic how no one made mention of such an inappropriate dress except for the drooling male characters.

The whole episode went through pains to make it look like everything was Archie's fault when it was actually the other way around. From the moment that character took off her coat, she was flaunting her enormous nearly bare breasts all around the Bunker house and acts like she's offended when Archie stares at what men are naturally attracted to. She was a low class piece of gutter trash and she deserved to be thrown out of the house by Edith.

I have no problem with the actress herself. More power to her for using her breasts to get TV parts. She wasn't the first and won't be the last in Hollywood to do it, I just hated her character and consider this episode one of the worst written of the entire series because it wasn't realistic and both Edith and Gloria acted out of character.
No, that’s not Edith’s character, to say something like “You might want to change for dinner“. As we’ve seen in other episodes, she’s quite oblivious when it comes to any sexual matter. And why would she be offended? The only reason why she’d be offended by her having her chest out is because she’s flat chested, nowhere near as attractive (or at all ), and jealous. And they did mention it, but just not to her. Archie was making such a big deal about making sure she had a great time and felt welcome, they’re not going to start criticizing her like “Put your tits away, slut” And there was nothing made to look like anyone’s fault. Nothing bad happened that would be Archie’s or her fault. And she didn’t get offended because he was staring at her, she, as women should, took it as a compliment and they laughed about it. She got offended because after she gave him the kiss goodnight, Edith was acting like she heard Archie tell Mike and Gloria that she offered him a bj right in the living room And she wasn’t exactly there in her bikini top. Yeah, they were there, can’t be ignored, but it’s not like she was wearing a string bikini (I wish ) And she wasn’t wearing anything inappropriate, she had a great body and liked showing it off and getting the head turns and the stares, she was only going to stay there overnight, she’s not gonna change her personality and wardrobe because she’s staying with a friend of her husband’s that she’s never met and that he hadn’t seen in decades. And something I think went overlooked in that episode is the boner joke, something completely off humor for AITF. After she leaves the house, Archie’s upset that she left and sits in his chair and Edith says “Oh, Archie. This night must’ve been very hard for you”, to which he replies “Oh, Edith. You got no idea”
Old 09-05-2019, 10:03 PM   #14
#1 Sinatra Fan
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1 Sinatra Fan View Post
No, that’s not Edith’s character, to say something like “You might want to change for dinner“. As we’ve seen in other episodes, she’s quite oblivious when it comes to any sexual matter. And why would she be offended? The only reason why she’d be offended by her having her chest out is because she’s flat chested, nowhere near as attractive (or at all ), and jealous. And they did mention it, but just not to her. Archie was making such a big deal about making sure she had a great time and felt welcome, they’re not going to start criticizing her like “Put your tits away, slut” And there was nothing made to look like anyone’s fault. Nothing bad happened that would be Archie’s or her fault. And she didn’t get offended because he was staring at her, she, as women should, took it as a compliment and they laughed about it. She got offended because after she gave him the kiss goodnight, Edith was acting like she heard Archie tell Mike and Gloria that she offered him a bj right in the living room And she wasn’t exactly there in her bikini top. Yeah, they were there, can’t be ignored, but it’s not like she was wearing a string bikini (I wish ) And she wasn’t wearing anything inappropriate, she had a great body and liked showing it off and getting the head turns and the stares, she was only going to stay there overnight, she’s not gonna change her personality and wardrobe because she’s staying with a friend of her husband’s that she’s never met and that he hadn’t seen in decades. And something I think went overlooked in that episode is the boner joke, something completely off humor for AITF. After she leaves the house, Archie’s upset that she left and sits in his chair and Edith says “Oh, Archie. This night must’ve been very hard for you”, to which he replies “Oh, Edith. You got no idea”
Believe me, she’s got a LOT to show, she could’ve been showing loads more than she did. You can tell which pictures are from AITF and which ones aren’t, she’s showing a lot more in the ones that aren’t from AITF and she’s still got a lot left that’s covered up
Attached Images

Old 09-06-2019, 12:53 AM   #15
cfr1970
Forum Regular

We'll just have to disagree because I stand firm on my opinions. As far as Edith being oblivious to sexual matters, I have to disagree again. Edith wasn't oblivious, but she was brought up to keep sexual matters private and a woman in her house with her huge breasts hanging out in front of her husband certainly would have had her take notice at the very least.
But the way this poor episode was written, neither Edith or Gloria notices which is just absurd. Her breasts are SO out there on display that to have them both act like oblivious to it except for Mike & Archie is ridiculous.

And now that I think about it, Archie is a major prude when it comes to sex and women showing off the body. Heck, he can't even say the word "breast" and has to say "chicken chests" instead!

Also, a few seasons later while on "Archie Bunker's Place", Archie goes into McFeeney's topless bar and acts unimpressed towards the topless waitress standing inches in front of him on full display. Hardly the same person with his tongue wagging at breasts in a sweater season's earlier.

THAT later Archie was more in his character than the earlier one, but as I said earlier, the writing was poor just to accommodate the lame story line. And thank you for reminding me of the kiss she gave Archie!!
That was NO innocent peck on the cheek but full on the lips, flirting. She was trash from the second she took off her coat till that kiss before going up the stairs. She was purposely dangling a carrot over Archie and deserved what she got from Edith.
And why was Mike the only other person to notice? It just made no sense to make the women seem ignorant to what was so obvious.
Anyway, I could go on and on but we'll just have to disagree. I've watched that episode dozens of times (I cycle through the episodes on DVD in order, one episode each evening and then start over again when finished), and each time I come back around to that episode I see more what a ho she was!

Last edited by cfr1970; 09-06-2019 at 12:54 AM. Reason: paragraphs