Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Picks Up 2nd Season of Bless the Harts; Remembering Bill Macy of Maude
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 21, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Sunnyside Becomes First Casualty of 2019-2020 TV Season; Our Miss Brooks Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-15-2009, 03:02 PM   #1
kamy
UM Fanatic
Forum Regular

Default Any true ones?

Hey gang, it's been forever since I've posted a new thread!

Anyway, I watched my UM collection of Ghosts today. Yeah, yeah, I know that it's not many people's favorite on here, but it was my favorite when I was a kiddie and I watched them for nostalgia sake---I'm not sure what I believe anymore. The more I watch them the more I can pick apart the obvious fakes and can see where financial gain would be a huge motive to make up a ghost story. So my question is, are there any ghost episodes that you are inclined to believe could be or are true?

Off the top of my head I find the Tatum's a believable old couple, but then again, I've never been a very good judge of character....
kamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 03:59 PM   #2
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

Alan Mann. No doubt about it. What's not to believe?!?

I've thought some of them were cool but I don't know if I ever really believed any of them. I guess the closest was the "haunted hotel" one. I do believe in other forms of life but I'm not too sure about ghosts per se.
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:23 PM   #3
Mastermind

Quote:
So my question is, are there any ghost episodes that you are inclined to believe could be or are true?
Do Ghost Lights count? They're not ghosts but they are a real phenomenon.

The Black Hope Curse incidents intrigues me as well. especially since "shadow beings" are involved.

Quote:
I've thought some of them were cool but I don't know if I ever really believed any of them. I guess the closest was the "haunted hotel" one. I do believe in other forms of life but I'm not too sure about ghosts per se.
That's funny. I'm sure if you surveyed most people, they tend to believe in UFOs and Legends more than they do ghosts.
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:24 PM   #4
kamy
UM Fanatic
Forum Regular

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Mueller
Alan Mann. No doubt about it. What's not to believe?!?

Absolutely. I had just watched that case today and was thinking about it when I posted this thread. I was curious who else would comment on 'ol Alan. That was one of my favs when I was a kid...I'm not going to lie

I just watched the one entitled "Ghostly Attraction", it's the one with the John Harden murder where the lady dreams about the FL house she later moves in to. The murder is intriguing and the ghost story as well.

I think Ghost lights count, Mastermind. I've seen the Marfa lights myself. Actually, I only live about 1 hr from them now, pretty eirie. There's a section where the lights can be explained but then another section where it's fair game as to what they are.
kamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 05:32 AM   #5
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Resurrection Mary. The UM segment tells a small fraction of a case where there are far too many credible witnesses and physical evidence. Local people know much more than they're telling and have good reasons not to tell it.
Cori aka ChrisSCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:25 PM   #6
mozartpc27
Vigilante Logician
Forum Regular

There's no such thing as ghosts.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:31 PM   #7
Mastermind

Quote:
There's no such thing as ghosts.
Your only saying that because the burden of proof is on people to prove that ghosts exist. You actually have no hard evidence to prove against the existence of ghosts.

I believe about 90% of ghost sightings are false or hoaxes. I think there are 10% of them that consitute real phenemonon.

I believe the study of ghosts much like UFOs is worthwhile to be studied. Just as long as no public funding is used. The benefits far outway the disadventages.

I mean what is the real harm in scientists studying ghosts?

If they don;t exist, where no worse off than before. If they do, the benifits and ramifications of that knowledge would be astronomical.
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:49 PM   #8
mozartpc27
Vigilante Logician
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind
You actually have no hard evidence to prove against the existence of ghosts.
I have no proof against the existence of horizontally striped tigers or winged poodles or Big Foot or extraterrestrials either. Can you prove that giant ants don't exist, or that dinosaurs don't still roam the Earth on some isolated island in the Carribean?

I will save you the time; you can't prove any of those things aren't true. It is not possible to prove something doesn't exist; however, that's why the burden of proof in these cases rest with the people claiming any of these things exist. No one has ever been able to produce anything other than anecodtal evidence for the existence of ghosts or big foot or aliens. No objective, physical evidence has ever been presented.

Unless and until that happens, there is no reason to assume the existence of ghosts, Big Foot, aliens, winged poodles, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind
I believe the study of ghosts much like UFOs is worthwhile to be studied. Just as long as no public funding is used. The benefits far outway the disadventages.

I mean what is the real harm in scientists studying ghosts?

If they don;t exist, where no worse off than before. If they do, the benifits and ramifications of that knowledge would be astronomical.
I don't necessarily disagree, but no definitive evidence proving the existence of any of these things has ever surfaced. If it had, you can bet we would have heard about it. Until that evidence surfaces, people so inclined should feel free to research their little hearts out, but the only logical conclusion is that none of these phenomenon exist, pending further evidence.
mozartpc27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 04:56 PM   #9
Big3sCompanyFan
Banned
Banned!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozartpc27
I have no proof against the existence of horizontally striped tigers or winged poodles or Big Foot or extraterrestrials either. Can you prove that giant ants don't exist, or that dinosaurs don't still roam the Earth on some isolated island in the Carribean?

I will save you the time; you can't prove any of those things aren't true. It is not possible to prove something doesn't exist; however, that's why the burden of proof in these cases rest with the people claiming any of these things exist. No one has ever been able to produce anything other than anecodtal evidence for the existence of ghosts or big foot or aliens. No objective, physical evidence has ever been presented.

Unless and until that happens, there is no reason to assume the existence of ghosts, Big Foot, aliens, winged poodles, etc.
Word up bro. We both think like Einstein, Thomas Edison, Steven Hawking, Thomas Jefferson, and Benjamin Franklin.

I take it you also don't believe some invisible man that allegedly died on a cross created us all?

Just like you said, ZERO evidence, only mythology.

However you can make a slight distinction with Bigfoot since there REALLY was a Bigfoot called Gigantopithecus. Unfortunately there are no verified sightings of Giganto living today and that SUCKS!
Big3sCompanyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 05:28 PM   #10
mozartpc27
Vigilante Logician
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big3sCompanyFan
Word up bro. We both think like Einstein, Thomas Edison, Steven Hawking, Thomas Jefferson, and Benjamin Franklin.

I take it you also don't believe some invisible man that allegedly died on a cross created us all?

Just like you said, ZERO evidence, only mythology.

However you can make a slight distinction with Bigfoot since there REALLY was a Bigfoot called Gigantopithecus. Unfortunately there are no verified sightings of Giganto living today and that SUCKS!
I'm glad to see another skeptic posts on this board; I think you and I probably agree about a lot, but I would propose we set aside religious questions!
mozartpc27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 06:45 PM   #11
Big3sCompanyFan
Banned
Banned!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozartpc27
I'm glad to see another skeptic posts on this board; I think you and I probably agree about a lot, but I would propose we set aside religious questions!
That's cool. We are actual both REALISTS since we look at things with an objective eye without bias.

That's why it's impossible for people like us to believe in supernatural/god because you lose your objectivity and become subjective & biased therefore true scientific integrity is lost.
Big3sCompanyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:00 PM   #12
FanfromES
televidente
Frequent Poster

Resurrection Mary is a legend that exists in my country too...i think it has an european origin...theres an entry about it in Wikipedia.

As long as i know, there's no solid evidence to prove the existence of UFOs or ghosts or Bigfoot or Chupacabra, etc... but the belief in such phenomena is a personal choice, because you can believe that such evidence will appear in the future or you can believe it wont.
FanfromES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 03:01 AM   #13
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanfromES
Resurrection Mary is a legend that exists in my country too...i think it has an european origin...theres an entry about it in Wikipedia.
Regarding legends, see the headings "Vila" and "Western European References" in this article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superna...lavic_folklore
Old 11-08-2014, 09:44 PM   #14
TheResearcher
Occasional Poster

While I am religious and believe in supernatural forces, I think the majority of ghost sightings are for financial gain. The ghost sightings described by UM are not really persuasive.
TheResearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 12:13 AM   #15
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

The Weather Channel did an entire episode on the Gray Man in their series American Super/Natural.

http://www.weather.com/video/legend-...gray-man-54420

I tend to believe these which have long histories and many witnesses.