Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-17-2010, 10:44 PM   #61
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBevis
Greg Adams' wife's name was Marianne. I must agree with you on this one. She did manage to stay remarkably calm during the interview, even when voicing her disdain for Donald Eugene Webb. I'm always kind of touched by the fact that she never breaks down and says anything "Donald Webb is a piece of scum" or "I'd like to dance on his grave" or anything like that, she just calmly says "I don't know how Donald Webb can live with himself after all these years." in such a sincere, lilting way that hopefully would make Webb or someone like him stop and ask themselves the same thing.
That's it, Marianne. My sentiments exactly. I really liked that.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:53 AM   #62
justins5256

I thought of this thread recently while I was watching the episode about the New York coin scam. The victim who was interviewed, Jerry Diner, just seemed like an all-around nice guy. He was taken for less than $200, but it seemed like he took the whole thing in stride and was able to laugh about it later.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:26 AM   #63
RobinW

One guy I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned yet is Troy Carlton, Patricia Carlton's ex-husband. He just seemed like a very kind-hearted man who genuinely loved his wife and stuck with her through all her mental issues, and even though he eventually re-married and had a new family after she disappeared, he never stopped caring about her and wanting to find her. It's sad Troy wound up passing away before they actually found out Patricia was alive.

I also thought Tony Miller was easily the most likable "Final Appeal" subject profiled on the show. I know you shouldn't assume someone didn't do it because he seems like a nice guy, but he just didn't give off a criminal vibe at all. Even his attorney mentioned that he was one of the most enjoyable people he ever met and I'm glad things wound up working out for him.

Last edited by RobinW; 06-23-2011 at 08:39 PM.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:03 PM   #64
Steve W.
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by justins5256
I thought of this thread recently while I was watching the episode about the New York coin scam. The victim who was interviewed, Jerry Diner, just seemed like an all-around nice guy. He was taken for less than $200, but it seemed like he took the whole thing in stride and was able to laugh about it later.
"Whatever you do, DO NOT BUY THESE COINS!"
Steve W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:13 PM   #65
dynoguy88

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinW
One guy I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned yet is Troy Carlton, Patricia Carlton's ex-husband. He just seemed like a very kind-hearted man who genuinely loved his wife and stuck with her through all her mental issues, and even though he eventually re-married and had a new family after she disappeared, he never stopped caring about her and wanting to find her. It's sad Troy wound up passing away before they actually found out Patricia was alive.
Indeed. Troy Carlton seemed like a really nice guy. Even though he had remarried and started a new family since Pat went missing 20+ years earlier, he was very emotional while being interviewed and insisted that he wanted Pat to come home and have the happiness she deserved. You could tell it was eating him up that she was somewhere living among strangers. I think Pat was found just 2 years after Troy died.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:03 PM   #66
MissFit29
Forum Regular

Arthur "Pete" Ballard, friend of Ellen McClung Berry. Great voice....and vocabulary!

I liked Julie DePue too. She was candid about the whole situation with her parents. The horror of that situation is that you know the reenactment is accurate because those kids witnessed their dad throwing their mom down the stairs and then kicking her while she was down. Despicable.

Hans and Betty Hanson. They focused on providing a warm and loving home for their kids. For them to ultimately turn their back on Donny...well, that's pretty damning evidence that he was responsible for Jill's and Julie's deaths. And they had saved $50K for those girls to go to college.

Sometimes the actors they had in reenactments affected how I felt about the real person. I can't stand the guy playing Bill Day....I thought he came off as such a whiner and a wimp. "But I have my custody agreement...." The whole time I was thinking, DUDE, get the cops there WITH you! Stop whining! Bad me, I know.
MissFit29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:04 PM   #67
MissFit29
Forum Regular

And, of course, my favorite is the STACK. Who doesn't love Robert Stack?
MissFit29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:24 PM   #68
chacha6581
Forum Regular

I also liked Jeff O. Angela Hammonds boyfriend, Rob, my heart broke for him. He seemed so sweet. As did the dog caretaker/ lover Mabel Woods.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:23 PM   #69
Lakeboy
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissFit29
Claire Schroeder (Officer Walter Schroeder's daughter from the Kathy Power segment) was extremely well-spoken and intelligent. She managed to convey a sense of empathy for the robbers while seeking justice for her father.

I liked her a lot also. She was a great spokesperson for the family.
Lakeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:50 AM   #70
RadiantEmma11
Frequent Poster

I LOVE Lisa Penz (dodges tomatoes!) I think she was hilarious...I mean she was 300 pounds...you dont get lost ina big city when you are enormous...and this is a big city!
RadiantEmma11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:35 AM   #71
UMFaninMD
I am Sherlocked

I agree with a lot of the ones already brought up and I want to add:

Ladonna Morrow---I felt extremely sorry for her and the issues she had with her mother. I think my own mom can get on my nerves, but to have one that unbalanced simply because her adult daughter wasn't doing what she wanted...I'm glad her story had a happy ending and I don't believe she was involved with Satanic abuse.

Ray & Dottie Thornton---a lot of people have raked them over the coals for what they did but they certainly had guts following Dennis Depue and tracing his steps. I would have been scared out of my wits. Considering how many people don't want to get involved and help victims' families out these days, I give them some credit.

The reporter who started working on the Ohio prostitute killer case (don't recall his name)

The sheriff who started getting those creepy phone calls about Judith Himes. There was just something about him that made him really likeable for me.

Pat Conway, I felt so bad about how his wife Ayleen died. I wonder if he was able to find anything out.

Leon Camp---so composed even though he went through a time with the "wife's ex-inlaws from hell." I think any other man would have beaten the crap out of Chad and given his mom and grandmother what for.
UMFaninMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:19 PM   #72
WishfulDreamer

I second Leon Camp.

Joyce McClain's mother. She seemed so kind and I felt so bad for her when she was speaking of her daughter's plans for the future.

I also loved Mrs. Barry's author friend Arthur "Pete" Ballard. He was very classy and I agree with his theory about Tandevold.

Lori Tillman, Deborah Poe's friend and roommate. She seemed very determined to figure out what happened to her friend and go after the suspect.

I believe I already mentioned Colleen Ritter. I found her incredibly strong and admirable.

Duncan, the lost loves father. He was such a kind, sweet man and easily one of the most likable people on the show to me.

Jeff Oberholtzer. I thought he was innocent from the first and he seemed truly torn up about his wife. I could understand his anger at the police not focusing much on anyone else.

Anton Kline. I really feel bad for him. I can't look at the Hollywood sign without thinking of this case.

Rose Hoffman, an incredibly courageous woman.

Susan Billig, also very strong and brave. It's so sad she never got answers during her lifetime, but I hope one day the mystery will be solved.

Elizabeth Campbell's parents. I hope they are still well, though I know they would be getting up there in age today.

Mrs. Kimmel- I know shek posts here on the boards regularly and was only briefly interviewed in the segment, but she is a strong, very inspirational lady.

Gilbert Ortiz. I can't believe his son beat him up. He's been through a lot and I hope things can get better for him.

Denise, the woman stalked by her ex-boyfriend. It can be very difficult to break out of those abusive relationships (whether physical, verbal, etc.) and she sure went through a lot trying to get away from him. Hopefully she is more secure today.

The police officer who thought that the Bonderson case was murder and not an accident (which turned out to be right).

The police officer who re-started the investigation into Little Miss Pannasoffkee(sp?)

Jeannie Boylan. Her composites are incredible and very helpful to the solving of cases.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:23 AM   #73
MegtheEgg86

Michael Fagan. It was quite clear Pat Fagan wasn't playing with a full deck at all, but he certainly didn't have to treat her as well as he did. It is also extremely refreshing to know he assumed full responsibility for his son and seemed to love him immensely. I think he's a hero.
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 03:38 PM   #74
WishfulDreamer

I really liked Ron Lieberman, the doctor whose wife vanished the day before 9/11. You could tell how worried he was and I really felt for him, especially when he mentioned that the last time he saw his wife he left his keys at home "luckily" and got to go back and kiss her again.

I really admired a lot of the lost loves interviewees who were determined to keep searching for their loved ones. One that came to mind a few minute ago was Lorene Robinson (not sure if I have that right, I'd have to see it again). Once she found her siblings, she wasn't bitter about separation, but about the whole new chapter ahead. A lot of the interviewees had some pretty admirable traits.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:37 AM   #75
Jon
Forum Regular

Michael Shermer, founder of the Skeptics Society. As far as I am concerned, he single-handedly debunked the Bible Code in the UM segment. "well now wait a minute...you can't say the end will come, the end might come, the end won't come...you've now made all possible predictions. That's not prophecy."

You still see him a lot on the History Channel, offering his perspective on Nostradamus as well as many other topics.
Jon is online now   Reply With Quote