Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-06-2017, 03:16 PM   #181
Necco

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell83
These in particular, especially Henry Rollins. Though I suspect you have a crush on him, which I don't...
I have no idea why you would get that impression.

*scribbles "Mrs Necco Rollins" on her notebook*
Necco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 04:00 PM   #182
bell83
You're in high school again.
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necco
*scribbles "Mrs Necco Rollins" on her notebook*

I've got a fourth.......maybe even fifth sense...for such things
Old 12-06-2017, 06:00 PM   #183
Hot Jock
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
Totally agree about Henry Rollins, btw. Would be more than happy to kick back and have a beer with him.
While Iím sure that he would appreciate the sentiment, good old Hank is 100% straightedge and has never had a single drink in his life. ✌️

IDGAF if this is against the rules or not, Iím posting this:

https://youtu.be/nclqALTaVhk

If anybody watches that and doesnít love Henry Rollins afterwards, they arenít human.
Hot Jock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 07:44 PM   #184
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Jock
While Iím sure that he would appreciate the sentiment, good old Hank is 100% straightedge and has never had a single drink in his life. ✌️

IDGAF if this is against the rules or not, Iím posting this:

https://youtu.be/nclqALTaVhk

If anybody watches that and doesnít love Henry Rollins afterwards, they arenít human.
What's REALLY funny is that when I was typing out that sentence about beers with "Mr. Necco," as I will call him from here on out... I had a thought in the back of my head that he didn't drink beers.

That's cool. Neither do I. We can kick back with our respective soft drinks while Necco doodles in her notebook.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:32 AM   #185
Mike82
Frequent Poster

My immediate first reaction is to say the guy that appeared in Dennis Cole segment and I see his name is Henry Rollins. Don't know anything about the guy but he seemed like someone much like me: honest, sincere and a straight shooter. He even looks like me now minus the tattoos!

A few more people that I really liked:
Patti Eggleston
Terry and Joline Hedlund
Dr. William Roll
Carol Bowman (from the reincarnation segment)
Joe Jones (security guard from Su-Ya Kim segment)

I also have to give another mention to Gord McAllister and Su Young Kim. I want to reach through the TV and hug the both of them as you can literally see their broken hearts: seemed like two very kind men and face unimaginable suffering.
Mike82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 12:01 PM   #186
James T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike82
My immediate first reaction is to say the guy that appeared in Dennis Cole segment and I see his name is Henry Rollins. Don't know anything about the guy but he seemed like someone much like me: honest, sincere and a straight shooter. He even looks like me now minus the tattoos!
He was part of a big punk type band called Black Flag who were pretty big in the 1980's, not in the sense of selling records, but had a big cult following. The reason him & Cole were targeted is because record mogul Rick Rubin had pulled up several days earlier in a Rolls-Royce & gone inside to talk business. Word spread that there had to be a lot of money inside the house because of this & Rollins thought they were going to get robbed because of this, he just didn't think they would be home when it happened or that anybody would be shot.

He is actually very untruthful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awY1MRlMKMc
James T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 12:44 PM   #187
LooksLikeCRicci

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

If she hasn't been mentioned, I have to add Matt Flores's wife to this list. She seemed like a very sweet woman.

I'd really like to see Matt's case solved someday...
Old 12-07-2017, 12:51 PM   #188
LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T
He is actually very untruthful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awY1MRlMKMc
LOL. I see what you did there.

I'll have to check the UM Crushes thread, but I feel like "Mr. Necco" had a pretty big following on that thread as well.
Old 03-09-2018, 06:25 AM   #189
scarfish
Frequent Poster

I liked the detective from Gregory barkers segment.
Liked the Page family, and I really liked the Fraser family. They may have been the most intelligent people interviewed.

I actually really enjoyed Bob Baughman the detective who sniffed out Paul Beal.
scarfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 02:42 PM   #190
MegtheEgg86

Was watching UM this afternoon and have submissions from two different Lost Loves segments from the same season 4 episode:

-Barney Dewey
-Sharene Davis and her brother Heath ("...I didn't want anyone to start BAWLIN' or anything.." lol)

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 03:33 PM   #191
WishfulDreamer

Carol Solstad, daughter of Ray Hickingbotham. She desperately wanted to reunite with her father, and I really admire her speech that him leaving is forgotten. She just wanted the pain of not having him to end. Sadly, she passed away apparently never having found him or learning his fate. I also really admired her work to reunite others and obviously not doing it just for the money. She seemed to genuinely take joy in helping other people find lost loves.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 09:39 PM   #192
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulDreamer View Post
Carol Solstad, daughter of Ray Hickingbotham. She desperately wanted to reunite with her father, and I really admire her speech that him leaving is forgotten. She just wanted the pain of not having him to end. Sadly, she passed away apparently never having found him or learning his fate. I also really admired her work to reunite others and obviously not doing it just for the money. She seemed to genuinely take joy in helping other people find lost loves.
Ohhh... she died? I didn't know that (or I read it earlier and forgot). That bums me out though because I agree that she seemed like a genuinely good person, and she helped so many others reunite with their loved ones. I felt sorry for her and her son.

Interestingly, I just looked up her obituary and it says she was the daughter of "to the late Ray Hickingbotham..." Obviously he would probably be dead based on his age, but I have to wonder if she ever found out anymore info on him that wasn't public. She said on her UM segment that it would be hard to accept if he willingly left his family. Perhaps she learned more about what really happened to her dad but didn't want to share it with the public (which I can totallly understand).

This was also one of the few military cases where I actually think the person may have been involved in clandestine operations. Most of the others are family members clinging to hope or searching for an explanation where I don't think it was true. However, it's is likely that Ray got involved in some deep level stuff that took him away from his family, willingly or not.
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 09:41 PM   #193
unsolved88
Forum Regular

Jayson Artis’ aunt. I liked that she condemned the police for most likely being responsible for his death while still recognizing that her nephew was most likely behaving inappropriately and that the police were within their rights to arrest him.

With so many true crime shows that tend to push a narrative that all crime victims are saints, it’s refreshing to see family members be so honest.
unsolved88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 01:48 AM   #194
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Mueller View Post
I have to wonder if she ever found out anymore info on him that wasn't public. She said on her UM segment that it would be hard to accept if he willingly left his family. Perhaps she learned more about what really happened to her dad but didn't want to share it with the public (which I can totallly understand).
I really hope this is the case. It's possible that someone who had insider knowledge wanted to reach out and let her know the truth and feared repercussions if that information was disclosed. Of course, anyone with knowledge is likely long gone, but I'd like to think that sometime shortly after the UM airing someone privately gave her information under the condition it be kept private.

I agree that Ray was likely involved in something that was covered up. He was obviously distressed and frustrated before his disappearance, but I don't think this is a case of a man just walking away from his family.

I always wondered about the man offered Carol's mother groceries after visiting her and then was found to not be in official army records. It felt so movie-esque, but I bet this guy knew more than he was telling.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 11:32 AM   #195
DALLASTEXAN!!

Rob Stone's parents. I felt really bad for his mom at the end when she says that she wants him to know they want him to come home. Rob Stone's dad was very stoic. didn't want to post it in the "host" thread out of respect of the situation, but his voice is bob stack like in a creepy soothing way.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote