Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Picks Up 2nd Season of Bless the Harts; Remembering Bill Macy of Maude
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 21, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Sunnyside Becomes First Casualty of 2019-2020 TV Season; Our Miss Brooks Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #136
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
I liked Tom Sawyer. Not only was he great with the quotes (anybody that can say "no-no" twice in one sentence gets a thumbs-up in my book), but by all accounts, he just seemed like a real, genuinely nice and positive person. I also liked that one goofy face he made in one of the pictures at the beginning of his piece. I was saddened to learn he died several years ago, but at least he now has the chance to explore Heaven a lot more in-depth.
I second this. Always liked Tom Sawyer.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:44 AM   #137
wiseguy182

Diana Nyad.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:24 AM   #138
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

William Byram from the Kathy Bonderson segment. The guy is a hero, IMO. Without his insistence and actual police work, Kathy's death probably would have still been classified as an accident to this day.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:03 PM   #139
WishfulDreamer

In the astrology and investment episode, a lady is interviewed on the streets. Can't remember the exact quote but she says something along the lines of ''If I knew that my husband was investing our money in x stock based on astrology, I would grab the thermometer and call the doctor because I would know that he had lost his mind.'' Just the way she said it was really funny, too.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 03:34 PM   #140
MegtheEgg86

Det. William Eskridge of the South Lyon (MI) Police Department, who searched for John Burns for over a decade before he was found. You could tell he not deeply cared about capturing John Burns, but was probably just as captivated and perplexed by the case as we UM viewers would eventually become. I'm sure he probably didn't intend to do it, but he made some great quotes that really highlighted how truly mysterious the case was:

"I really don't know where John Burns is from. Nor do I know when he was born. As a matter of fact, I can't be positive John Burns was born in the United States."

"I think it's very conceivable that John Burns is still alive. And maybe even watching this TV show."

I also read a news article featuring John Burns' capture and insistence that Eleanor Farver's murder was accidental, and that what happened was that his finger was on the trigger as she violently pushed the muzzle of the shotgun away from her. Det. Eskridge was quoted as saying something to the effect of, "What he can't explain is how exactly that happened three times."
Old 03-09-2014, 12:01 AM   #141
WishfulDreamer

I know he (obviously) wasn't interviewed, but definitely Alejandro Espinoza. He risked himself to get the Night Stalker incarcerated and didn't seem to be into the monetary reward at all. I really hope he wasn't murdered and just went into hiding.
Old 04-26-2014, 08:23 PM   #142
MegtheEgg86

I liked Sally McNelly's friend Helen Williams a lot. Even though you could tell Sally might have exasperated her a little bit, it seems she stuck by her until the end and was overall a compassionate friend.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:25 PM   #143
dynoguy88

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
I liked Sally McNelly's friend Helen Williams a lot. Even though you could tell Sally might have exasperated her a little bit, it seems she stuck by her until the end and was overall a compassionate friend.
She seemed nice, innocent enough and a little naive. My only issue with her was her brushing off the seriousness of that last phone call with Sally. I'm sure she regrets it now and she probably will the rest of her life. But the way that whole scenario unfolded frustrated me.

Sally called her very upset, scared and told her that some person is probably going to kill her. Helen didn't believe her. She didn't ask for details. And she said herself that it never dawned on her to call Sally's mother and let her know what Sally told her.

This issue wasn't just restricted to Helen. There were a number of segments over the years that involved people telling family members or loved ones about death threats and I was always amazed at how these people never seemed to believe them or take them seriously. To me, that's something that can never be joked about. If someone close to me said that someone was going to kill them, sure I'd be skeptical at first but I would bug the hell out of them until I got details about why they said that. Then I would know how to react. I wouldn't immediately brush it off.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 03:38 PM   #144
here_thar_be_yetis
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissFit29
Harry Easterling from the Dave Bocks segment. He was the only one at that plant that gave a darn about Dave. I also liked Dave's daughter who was interviewed in the segment.
*time to quote a 2-year-old post!*

I liked Harry Easterling a lot. He seems like a good bro to know. He's concerned about Dave, is observant and recognizes when things are clearly not right, follows up on his hunches, gets security involved, tells his story in a very straightforward and factual manner. Great guy on the segment.

And while on the subject of the Dave Bocks segment, which is one of my favorites, there are two other people from that segment that I find memorable.

Dave's daughter is definitely my biggest UM crush. In spite of her bad period haircut, she's definitely a looker. Great eyes.

And DC Cole is without question my favorite UM interviewee to laugh at. That guy is just so weird.
here_thar_be_yetis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:44 AM   #145
gluserty
Frequent Poster

I liked harry Esterling as well; him and Dave Bocks had a good buddy system going on.
Yeah, I thought Dave Bocks' daughter was really pretty (on my short list for UM crushes); I even like the rodeo hairdo!

Last edited by gluserty; 04-28-2014 at 11:47 AM. Reason: misspelling
gluserty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:56 PM   #146
RobinW

You know, even though he was considered a suspect in the murder, I actually liked Eric Smith from the Eric Tamiyasu segment. I think it's very unlikely he had anything to do with Tamiyasu's death and only became a suspect because Don Dixon pointed the finger at him. Smith definitely comes off a lot better than Dixon or Sheriff Wampler.

I think I like Smith mostly because of his hilarious delivery of the line: "Don lives in a fantasy world". I also like how when Smith says that Tamiyasu was his best man, the segment immediately cuts to a photograph of them together at his wedding. Unlike Dixon, the guy actually has credible evidence to back up his claims about Tamiyasu's friendship.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:03 PM   #147
gluserty
Frequent Poster

Oh, that sheriff was dubious; I mean, who burns a mattress that could have trace evidence? He's either a real yokel, or he had something to hide. I think it's unlikely that case will ever be solved.

Last edited by gluserty; 04-28-2014 at 01:05 PM. Reason: misspelling
gluserty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 04:16 PM   #148
Kiki88
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinW
Jim Fontes, the police officer who had his two sons abducted by his ex-wife. Seemed like a very nice man and loving father and even though his kids were stolen from him for nine years, I was glad to see them get a happy ending together.
Just recently rewatched this segment and it irks me how much the Iowa child protective services dropped the ball on this case. I just don't get how after going through all the trouble of investigating Terry & Kathy Durkin, going through their trash, etc., they couldn't wait a few more hours for Jim to get to Iowa to retrieve his children after Durkin was arrested. Then it was another nine years before he saw them again. Could have so easily been avoided and saved the poor guy the years of anguish. He seemed like such a nice guy and I really felt for him. So glad it was a happy ending.
Kiki88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 08:25 PM   #149
WishfulDreamer

Judge Geiler's first housekeeper, Sophia. Not only did she help the Judge while on the job, even after she had to leave she stayed with him to make sure he got new housekeeper that could suit his needs. You could sense that she really tried to find a good housekeeper and it wasn't negligence on her part that led to him being swindled.

She even continued to drop by for years after having to resign to check on him and help him out. She actually cared about him. May Andelina Gonzalez, her complete opposite, rot.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:41 PM   #150
wiseguy182

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulDreamer
Judge Geiler's first housekeeper, Sophia. Not only did she help the Judge while on the job, even after she had to leave she stayed with him to make sure he got new housekeeper that could suit his needs. You could sense that she really tried to find a good housekeeper and it wasn't negligence on her part that led to him being swindled.

She even continued to drop by for years after having to resign to check on him and help him out. She actually cared about him. May Andelina Gonzalez, her complete opposite, rot.
I agree wholeheartedly. I distinctly remember liking Sophia from the first time I saw the segment in the 90's. Went above and beyond the call of duty. You could tell she actually cared and she wasn't just there for a paycheck. Sadly, that type of thing isn't as common these days. I can't tell you how many people I've worked with in the last several years that were solely interested in what they could get out of our employer and were totally disinterested in what they could provide for our company (and in most cases, they didn't contribute much to the company).
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote