Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series
Search Party Moving to HBO Max for Seasons 3 and 4; Disney Gets More Gabby Duran & the Unsittables
2019 New York Comic Con Round Up

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-31-2010, 11:11 AM   #31
mwcarolina
Forum Regular

i have a feeling that Bell would've shot Larry anyway, even if he was given his keys back sooner.
mwcarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:37 PM   #32
dynoguy88

What an accident.

He "accidently" gets out of his truck wearing no pants and no underwear and then "accidently" walks over to a group of kids playing in the street. When Larry takes his keys away, Bell puts his pants back on and "accidently" pulls out a handgun where he "accidently" shoots Larry 3 times. Then going into the garage where Larry's mother gives him the keys, Bell "accidently" shoots him again before going back to his truck where he "accidently" gets a rifle and "accidently" shoots Larry one final time.

This man is a waste of human life. If he shot Larry just one time, he'd have a much easier time trying to convince people it was accident. But he didn't shoot him just one time. He shot him multiple times with different weapons.

Dawna, thank you for stopping by here. We always love to hear from friends and family of people profiled on the show and we all send you our love and prayers. If it's possible, could you tell us how Larry's daughter is doing? If my limited math skills are correct, she should be 34 years old today.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:10 PM   #33
SageSlowdive
the real hank queen
Forum Regular

LOL, he's so brilliant. What's his excuse for breaking into that woman's house and holding a knife at her? Wanting to use the phone?

I agree with whoever said they wanted to slug him in the face.
SageSlowdive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:42 PM   #34
XCalibur
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian
And P.S. Larry is a Hero for standing up to this guy. Although I do agree giving up the keys sooner would have obviously been smarter. But if everyone always acted smart, we wouldn't have any heroes.
Yes, but at that point the children had ran off and no one's life was in danger but his own. I have no doubt Larry was acting out of total disgust and anger over what this clown was doing, but even so arguing with a loaded gun of a nut like that is generally suicidal.

Even heroism I think has to be approached with a certain amount of smarts.

However, the other gentleman made a good point, Bell may very well have shot Larry anyway.

I wish he had gotten a weapon of his own and gave himself a better chance, though there might not have been one in the house.
XCalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:48 AM   #35
kev411
Frequent Poster

I hope he dies a slow and very painful death.
kev411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:07 PM   #36
Jbilly85
Occasional Poster

Unfortunately, this man will probably be paroled in 2013.

I know that the family (and some others) would not like it, but there are bigger pieces of trash in the TDOC system.

IE: Ismiel Moreno (he killed a woman who was begging for her life back in 2006, then made somebody burn her body just because he SUSPECTED she was a narc.)
Jbilly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:39 AM   #37
cocytus
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCalibur
Yes, but at that point the children had ran off and no one's life was in danger but his own. I have no doubt Larry was acting out of total disgust and anger over what this clown was doing, but even so arguing with a loaded gun of a nut like that is generally suicidal.

Even heroism I think has to be approached with a certain amount of smarts.

However, the other gentleman made a good point, Bell may very well have shot Larry anyway.

I wish he had gotten a weapon of his own and gave himself a better chance, though there might not have been one in the house.
I have to agree.
This was one situation where calling the cops and getting a license plate number would have been the best (and safest) course of action.

If he was going to take the man's keys, he probably should have thrown them far out of his reach.
cocytus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:37 PM   #38
carebears
Frequent Poster

Bell is a con man that is trying to justify Larry Dickens death. I can't really say that the death was premeditated and planned for months or years because I don't believe it was. How can you call a death of a man an accident when his death resulted because Larry took Bells keys and the men got into a fight because Larry refused to give Bell his keys to his truck. Larry had a good reason for taking Bells keys. I am sure he was wanting Bell to be arrested so taking the keys would make sure that Bell did not leave before the police came. I am sure Larry would never have taken Bells keys if Bell wouldn't have taken his pants off in front of children playing in the street. I suppose next Bell will be saying when he went in that woman's bathroom while she was putting her makeup on, I suppose he will be justifying that as an accident to. I don't have sympathy for this man and I don't accept his justifications or believe that Dicken's death was an accident.
carebears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:59 PM   #39
baloony
Forum Regular

I'd give anything to see Bell shrink wrapped to Dexter Morgan's table.
baloony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:36 AM   #40
tomtom1
Occasional Poster

I just watched a repeat episode of "Unsolved Mysteries" that profiled Bell's murder of Larry Dickens. I was startled to find out that Bell is eligible for parole this year, 2013. Just wondering if anyone knows more about whether he has been paroled or (hopefully) will rot in jail for the rest of his life?
tomtom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:11 PM   #41
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom1
I just watched a repeat episode of "Unsolved Mysteries" that profiled Bell's murder of Larry Dickens. I was startled to find out that Bell is eligible for parole this year, 2013. Just wondering if anyone knows more about whether he has been paroled or (hopefully) will rot in jail for the rest of his life?
He was eligible for parole back in January 2013 but it was denied. His projected release date is April 2024. He will be about 85 years old. Also, if he serves his maximum sentence, he'll be released in January 2063, when he is 124 years old.

He is currently NOT SCHEDULED FOR RELEASE:

http://offender.tdcj.state.tx.us/POS...n?sid=01515604
-
-

Please sign the petition to get Unsolved Mysteries on Netflix/Hulu http://www.thepetitionsite.com/733/9...flix-and-hulu/
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 06:40 PM   #42
WinterMister
Occasional Poster

Ed Bell was the subject of an A&E documentary, "The Eleven". He claims to have killed 11 women.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/19...cumentary.html

Also, he came up for parole 3 days ago, January 8, 2018 but was denied.

https://offender.tdcj.texas.gov/Offe...%2CEDWARD+BRAD
WinterMister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:44 PM   #43
SP4CE INV4DERZ
40-0 0WN3D
Forum Regular

The excuse that Bell used here sounds like my dog ate my homework.
SP4CE INV4DERZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:20 PM   #44
bell83
You're in high school again.
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageSlowdive
What's his excuse for breaking into that woman's house and holding a knife at her? Wanting to use the phone?
I didn't need to use the phone, anyway.
Attached Images

Old 01-21-2018, 04:57 AM   #45
Arnold_OldSchool
Forum Regular

I can't watch this segment without being filled with rage and sadness.

Everytime.

/binge watching.
Arnold_OldSchool is offline   Reply With Quote