Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-19-2011, 02:51 PM   #106
amandab1234
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone2421
How dare you mention this here!!! LOL

Lol Im sorrrrryyyy!!!!
amandab1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:27 PM   #107
McBevis
Forum Regular

At this point, I'm starting to wonder if there should be a sister thread entitled "People interviewed on UM that are still alive" because it seems like a huge percentage of people on this show are no longer with us. I've become pretty prolific at researching this type of thing, and here are several more UM passings that I've uncovered.

Roger Anyon, one of the people who witnessed Elizabeth Campbell being dragged around by her abductor, died in 2009 at the age of 86.

The Reverend Albert "Kim" Dreisbach, from the Shroud Of Turin Segment, died in 2006 at the age of 72.

Henry Drieth, Leroy Dreith's father, died in 2003 at the age of 77.

Duncan Gilmore, the long-lost father from the Jeannie Wagner/Patsy Summers lost loves segment, died in 1998 at the age of 62.

Delbert Heck Jr., from the Heck family lost loves segment, died in 2003 at the age of 69.

Lorene Roberts Houtkin died in 1997 at the age of 64.

David Kempton, who spent years trying to find his daughter after his wife took her and ran off with another man, died in 2005 at the age of 83.

Grace Leeburn, the elderly Boise, Idaho woman who almost fainted at the sight of finding the guy supposedly named "William Toomey" dead inside the Sacred Heart Church of Boise, died in 1996 at the age of 105.

Walter Luttmer, the uncle that Meredith Atkinson reunited with along her mother Rose Marie, died in 1998 at the age of 74. I'm actually not sure what the story is with Rose Marie, but since she was 78 and in poor health in 1994 (when the reunion took place), it's pretty unlikely that she would still be around nowadays.

Ione Manning, the lady who appeared in the Butch Cassidy segment claiming that her grandmother had been friends with Cassidy during a time that Cassidy was considered by many to be long since dead, died in 2008 at the age of 89.

Joan Petrasek, Joe & Gladys Owens' curious neighbor, died in 1999 at the age of 72.

Allen Roberts, husband of abducted and tortured Martha Doe Roberts, died in 2005 at the age of 78.

Ames Robey, Albert DeSalvo's psychiatrist, died in 2004 at the age of 75.

David "Creed" Rogers, the cop whose partner O'Neal Moore was gunned down in a racially motivated shooting, died in 2007 at the age of 84.

Franklin and Sylvia Selvey, Debbie Race's parents, both died in 2010. Mr. Selvey was 95 and Mrs. Selvey was 97.

Stephanie Senac, the manager of the Las Cruces, New Mexico bowling alley, died in 1999 at the age of 43.

Ilse Sigler, the wife of Ralph Sigler (the guy thought by some to be a US government double agent, and by others to be a traitor sharing sensitive goverment information with foreign parties), died in 2009 at the age of 81.

Wally Spencer, the scientist who claimed to discover a river flowing through the Nevada underground, died in 2003 at an age somewhere between 65 and 75 (I couldn't get it exactly).

Stephen Tercsak, the private investigator for the Michael Rosenblum case, died in 1993 at the age of 60.

Fritz Vincken died in 2001 at the age of 69.

Theodore Zink, the Folsom Prison warden in the Steve Wilson segment, died in 2002 at the age of 62.

Dylene Zolikoff, the first mother (or one of the first) to have her baby sold by the infamous Ethel Nation, died in 2009 at the age of 68.
McBevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:24 AM   #108
sffan
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBevis
At this point, I'm starting to wonder if there should be a sister thread entitled "People interviewed on UM that are still alive" because it seems like a huge percentage of people on this show are no longer with us. I've become pretty prolific at researching this type of thing, and here are several more UM passings that I've uncovered.
I think starting that thread would be a great idea!
sffan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:12 AM   #109
RobinW

Quote:
Duncan Gilmore, the long-lost father from the Jeannie Wagner/Patsy Summers lost loves segment, died in 1998 at the age of 62.
Some terrific research here! However, this particular piece of news saddens me since Duncan and his wife were amongst the nicest, most likable people to ever appear on the show .
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:53 AM   #110
McBevis
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinW
Some terrific research here! However, this particular piece of news saddens me since Duncan and his wife were amongst the nicest, most likable people to ever appear on the show .
I know. They were a nice couple. I especially liked that his wife was not at all jealous of his previous relationship and seemed ready to help right away.

Of course I'm no psychic, and I suppose it's not a written guarantee that I'm definitely always right and hopefully this is an instance where I'm not, but after finding a death record for a Duncan Gilmore from South Carolina, I plugged the name and DOB into a general people search, and it brought up only one match, and since the guy was not only listed as being from SC but also having a Suzanne Gilmore at the top of the list of possible relatives, I would strongly assume that it's him.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:13 PM   #111
Zlatko
Forum Regular

Cindy Anderson's father passed away in 2008. It's also been said that one of Cindy's siblings passed away as well. It possibly could be her sister in the segment. She wasn't interviewed but Cindy's mother died of cancer in 1983. Talk about non-stop tragedy.
Zlatko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 12:46 PM   #112
dks64
Forum Regular

Quote:
I know. They were a nice couple. I especially liked that his wife was not at all jealous of his previous relationship and seemed ready to help right away.

Of course I'm no psychic, and I suppose it's not a written guarantee that I'm definitely always right and hopefully this is an instance where I'm not, but after finding a death record for a Duncan Gilmore from South Carolina, I plugged the name and DOB into a general people search, and it brought up only one match, and since the guy was not only listed as being from SC but also having a Suzanne Gilmore at the top of the list of possible relatives, I would strongly assume that it's him.
Very sad, I loved that segment Awesome couple.
dks64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:05 PM   #113
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt C
other than one episode which was hosted by Raymond Burr, who passed away in 1993.
Speaking of Raymond Burr, I was watching tv a few days ago and was surprised to see a Perry Mason movie with Robert Stack! I was surprised to see that Burr and Stack were even sitting at the Prosecution table together. The movie actually aired in 1987, the year UM started.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093725/
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:43 PM   #114
RobinW

I mentioned this in another thread, but just to make this thread more complete, I'll add that Ida Prewitt passed away in Sept. 2011 at the age of 82.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:09 AM   #115
peachysquirt21
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlatko
Cindy Anderson's father passed away in 2008. It's also been said that one of Cindy's siblings passed away as well. It possibly could be her sister in the segment. She wasn't interviewed but Cindy's mother died of cancer in 1983. Talk about non-stop tragedy.
I found his obit. I had no idea he had married again.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/tol...6260&fhid=3411
peachysquirt21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:17 AM   #116
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachysquirt21
I found his obit. I had no idea he had married again.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/tol...6260&fhid=3411
Someone may have already posted this but I found this article:

http://www.toledoblade.com/local/201...-30-years.html
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:55 PM   #117
McBevis
Forum Regular

Here's a few more that I dug up:

Gerry Timpane, the mother from the Timpane/Terry Lynn Smith lost loves segment, died in 1999 at the age of 72.

Dr. Samuel Cohen, the inventor of the neutron bomb who appeared in the "Red Mercury" segment, died in 2010 at the age of 89.

Merryll Rapley, one of the widows interviewed in the "Missing WW2 V-Mail Letters" segment from the late 80s, died not long after in 1990 at the age of 73.

Lester Adelson, the coroner from the Kurt Sova case, died in 2006 at the age of 92.

Brigitta Dentai-Laramie, the daughter from the lost loves segment about the Hungarian box car family that was befriended by American soldier Philippe Pelletier, died in 2004 at the age of 65.

The above-mentioned Pelletier died in 2001 at about the age of 75 (may have been 74 or 76).
Old 04-10-2012, 12:28 PM   #118
baloony
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinW
I mentioned this in another thread, but just to make this thread more complete, I'll add that Ida Prewitt passed away in Sept. 2011 at the age of 82.
Not sorry to see her go. The only problem is, that just leaves Beverly and Chad Noe as the last two people who know what happened that day. Chad may be dead, and Beverly probably won't be around much longer. But, if no closure is brought to the case before they all pass on, at least they will have to deal with it in the next life. I know Ida Jane sure is as we speak.
baloony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #119
baloony
Forum Regular

Ed Heitkamp, the truck driver interviewed in the Dewayne McCorkendale case has since passed away.
baloony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:27 PM   #120
RobinW

Wow, it looks like Christina O'Donnell, mother of the missing Lauren Jackson, passed away in March of last year!
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/phi...&pid=149600415

I was a little skeptical at first that this was the same Christina O'Donnell since her obituary didn't make any mention of her being Lauren's mother. However, it does mention her daughter, Diana, and I was able to confirm through checking a few articles about Lauren's disappearance that Christina did indeed have another daughter named Diana.

I've never really felt that Christina was involved in Lauren's disappearance, but I hope she didn't take any secrets to her grave with her.