Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Picks Up 2nd Season of Bless the Harts; Remembering Bill Macy of Maude
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 21, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Sunnyside Becomes First Casualty of 2019-2020 TV Season; Our Miss Brooks Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-22-2009, 10:58 PM   #46
hostedbyrobertstack
Forum Regular

Wow, this thread is upsetting. Not sure if I had read this that in depth before, but I had no idea that that many people from the show had passed. It just seems odd because whenever I watch it, I imagine those people looking as they do on the screen, but it was so long ago. It's too bad that many of them passed w/o knowing any true outcome. I truly believe that in the after-life we will receive all the answers that have tormented us, and I am positive this is true of all of them.
hostedbyrobertstack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:03 AM   #47
Mysteryphile
I wonder what happened to her.
Forum Regular

I am so thankful to everyone that posted the updates...but reading them has gotten me feeling very melancholy. I just started thinking...once the person's people are gone (family, friends etc...) who will be left to look for them? Who will be left to agitate for justice?

Last edited by Mysteryphile; 12-31-2015 at 08:38 PM.
Mysteryphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:04 AM   #48
MegtheEgg86

Beth George, Tommy Burkett's mother, has since passed, hasn't she?

In the course of my (limited and clumsy) research into the Kurt Sova case, I discovered Dorothy Sova's name on an online church bulletin (St. Stanislaus Catholic Church, Cleveland, OH--the parishoners are mainly ethnically Polish, Sova is an Eastern European surname, and Ken and Dorothy are from Slavic Village. Has to be her) on a prayer intention list. I pray she's not in ill health.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:34 PM   #49
Hambone2421

Keith Warren's mother passed away in 2007. On the Keith Warren thread, a relative of the family stated that she passed away in May 2007. Such a sad sad case that was.

Gord McCallister, the wife of Jackie McCallister who was killed at the Blind River rest stop died in 1998 or 1999. I remember searching his name a few years ago after I saw the re-run of this episode and it took me to an obituary of his saying he was preceded in death by his wife Jackie.
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:29 PM   #50
Mastermind

Quote:
Gord McCallister, the wife of Jackie McCallister who was killed at the Blind River rest stop died in 1998 or 1999. I remember searching his name a few years ago after I saw the re-run of this episode and it took me to an obituary of his saying he was preceded in death by his wife Jackie.
Gord McAllister is as much a victim of that lowlife as his wife was. I'm almost positive his death was exacerbated by the incident.
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:41 PM   #51
MissFit29
Forum Regular

The Judge whose housekeeper robbed him died right after they caught that woman.....leading prosecutors to drop the charges.
MissFit29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:31 PM   #52
UMfan77

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissFit29
The Judge whose housekeeper robbed him died right after they caught that woman.....leading prosecutors to drop the charges.
That case makes me fume!! That elderly man puts his trust in that horrible woman and she completely rips him off. He's sitting in a empty, filthy house while she's living it up on some tropical beach USING HIS MONEY!
UMfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:55 PM   #53
Hambone2421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind
Gord McAllister is as much a victim of that lowlife as his wife was. I'm almost positive his death was exacerbated by the incident.
Agreed. Do you know of any updates on this case? I read on one of these forums that they caught the guy almost 10 years ago, but there was never an update on UM or anything on the internet of a possible suspect that was caught.
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:32 PM   #54
dynoguy88

Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind
No doubt. That was another thing that made that segment so heartbreaking. While he was being interviewed, Gord McAllister looked like the life had been sucked right out of him. He probably died way too early because of a broken heart. It's painful enough to lose the love of your life. But to see her gunned down in front of your very eyes...there's no recovering from that.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:14 PM   #55
Drakken
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone2421
Agreed. Do you know of any updates on this case? I read on one of these forums that they caught the guy almost 10 years ago, but there was never an update on UM or anything on the internet of a possible suspect that was caught.
No update as far as I know.

Although Ronald Glenn West was long suspected (and still is) of being the killer, he was never charged with the two murders.
Drakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:04 PM   #56
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

Yes, the Judge, Leland Geiler (sp?) died in 2000. However there was more to that case than meets the eye. Now granted I am not in any way, shape or form saying that this guy deserved to have his fortune stolen, left living in squalor and all and I remember being appalled when the charges were dropped.

However I was doing some research into the Judge's background and found a reason why the charges were probably dropped. It had nothing to do with him dying. They had other witnesses and in my opinion still had a reasonable probability of getting a conviction on at least some of those charges. No, I guess the Judge had a questionable judicial history. He did not 'retire' from the bench at least not voluntarily. In fact he is one of only a handful of Superior Court judges in California to be impeached in the last 40 years or so.

In fact among the incidents were that on one occasion, the Judge had ordered a prosecutor and a public defender to appear in his chambers. Well, when they went in, the prosecutor reported the judge came out from behind a door holding a battery powered dildo and proceeded to ram it into the rear end of the public defender. Another well known incident was when the judge came up from behind a Los Angeles Superior Court Commissioner in a hallway, grabbed his testicles from behind and squeezed them so hard it damaged the man's testicles and required surgery. Geiler was basically well known for being not only inappropriate physically but with various comments and was well known for being extremely biased in favor of the state so much so even the state was uncomfortable with him and his conduct.

Geiler was impeached from the bench in 1973, like I said, he is one of only 3 or 4 Los Angeles County Superior Court Judges in the last 40 years to be impeached. These judicial commissions and their investigations are normally a farce and give a lot of wrist slaps if they give any punishment at all. Basically you have to be pretty bad for them to not only reprimand you but impeach you. Geiler was impeached and I believe he was also disbarred by the State of California. Here is the formal report of the investigation into Judge Geiler. You can see another side of the good judge and read about all his exploits and colorful comments here. http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:...&ct=clnk&gl=us
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:19 PM   #57
mah79
Frequent Poster

WHOA!!!
Thanks for the information, Kadrmas. I can't wait to look at those links. I am in disbelief that Judge Geiler could be that vicious, or that nasty. I have seen his case many times (his story is always featured on the Anastasia episode, which is one of my all time favorites). And I always felt so sorry for a person who I thought was a very "nice" great grandfatherly old man. So much more beneath the surface.
mah79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:07 PM   #58
Allierain
17-year lurker
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mah79
WHOA!!!
Thanks for the information, Kadrmas. I can't wait to look at those links. I am in disbelief that Judge Geiler could be that vicious, or that nasty. I have seen his case many times (his story is always featured on the Anastasia episode, which is one of my all time favorites). And I always felt so sorry for a person who I thought was a very "nice" great grandfatherly old man. So much more beneath the surface.
Do a general internet search under his name and lots of nasty stuff will come up.
Allierain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:20 AM   #59
kadrmas15

Well I mean the report was very devastating. That said, I do NOT think it was acceptable for people to steal his money and I still feel bad for him for that, regardless if how he acted in the past, no one deserves that and it sounds like he was more humbled as his health failed. I mean his one maid worked for him for five years and adored the man but clearly Geiler had issues. However the woman that stole the money was a career con artist so I doubt the judge's past conduct had anything to do with why she stole the money, she had planned to do it all along.

However I do think the judge's conduct had something to do with the charges being dropped in 2000. Basically Geiler was a disgrace to the bench in the Los Angeles Superior Court. Hell, the Los Angeles County District Attorney's office, were the ones that pushed for Geiler to be impeached due to his conduct and they were the same people prosecuting the case all the years later. Truth be told, I do not think they were very anxious to help him out considering what he had done in the past and certainly did not feel sorry for him in any way.

However yes, that report and various other info out there is certainly an interesting albeit disturbing read and gives you a very different view of this guy. I agree when I first saw him and first saw the segment, I thought the same thing, that he was grandfatherly, just a sweet old man in frail health and maybe in his later years due to his health problems and other issues it probably tamed him a bit. However as I said, clearly when he was on the bench, he had some real issues and I do not know if he had always been that way or the power of being a judge just went to his head or what?
Old 01-07-2010, 01:37 AM   #60
kadrmas15

This is the full report from the California Supreme Court when they upheld the judicial commissions impeachment recommendation. Geiler was officially removed from the bench in late 1973. However I was mistaken on one point, he was not disbarred by the State of California from practicing law although it appears the impeachment basically put the kibosh on his legal career. http://cjp.ca.gov/userfiles/file/S_C...eiler_1973.pdf