Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-11-2008, 01:53 PM   #16
ididn'tdoit
Forum Regular

I know this has been posted before, but it deserves to be mentioned again:

Jeremy Rolfs, the guy who was going to sell a computer to a "Tom Johnson". This "Tom" later killed Jeremy's girlfriend, Heather Uffelman and stole the computer. Anyway, Jeremy was later killed in an automobile accident in South Africa in 1997, he was only 27.

http://www.truecrimeweblog.com/searc...her%20Uffelman
ididn'tdoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 03:00 PM   #17
Kane

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn
Ethel Kidd's son-in-law, Thomas Kidd, interviewed in the segment passed away in 1994 at the age of 51.
Ethel Kidd's murderer was identified in 1996, which means that Thomas didn't long enough to see her murder solved.

Quote:
Lastly a Judy Gilbert from Ohio passed away in 1995 at age 47. This is the same name as Perman Gilbert's wife but we're unsure if it is her or not.
Well, Gilbert is a common surname. Therefore, it is indeed uncertain whether this deceased Judy Gilbert was Perman's wife or if the name was just a coincidence.

In case it hasn't already been mentioned, there is another UM interviewee who has passed away. Although I cannot remember the woman's name, she was interviewed on the show during the 1996-97 season. It was a lost loves segment, and the woman in question was looking for blood relatives. This search was an extremely important one because the woman was ill (although I can't recall specifically what the ailment was).

Sadly, when the segment was rerun on Lifetime, it ended with a text saying that she had died in 1998. It was terrible enough that her life ended too soon, but the worst thing about it was that she died without having any resolution to her search.
Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 03:24 PM   #18
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane
In case it hasn't already been mentioned, there is another UM interviewee who has passed away. Although I cannot remember the woman's name, she was interviewed on the show during the 1996-97 season. It was a lost loves segment, and the woman in question was looking for blood relatives. This search was an extremely important one because the woman was ill (although I can't recall specifically what the ailment was).

Sadly, when the segment was rerun on Lifetime, it ended with a text saying that she had died in 1998. It was terrible enough that her life ended too soon, but the worst thing about it was that she died without having any resolution to her search.
Thanks for the update. I had wondered what happened with that case. The woman interviewed was named Diane Hahnlein and she was searching for her long lost sister Marilyn. She wanted to find her to reconnect with her again but was also hoping she would be a match for a much needed bone marrow transplant.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 03:26 PM   #19
The Barbs
Frequent Poster

Mr.Wacker
The Barbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 06:15 PM   #20
Necco

Susan Billig, mother of still missing Amy Billig died in 2005.
Necco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 07:27 PM   #21
Kane

Quote:
Thanks for the update. I had wondered what happened with that case. The woman interviewed was named Diane Hahnlein and she was searching for her long lost sister Marilyn. She wanted to find her to reconnect with her again but was also hoping she would be a match for a much needed bone marrow transplant.
You're welcome. It had actually crossed my mind that it was for a bone marrow transplant, but I had to get additional information before I could say for sure. Thank you for the details.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:02 PM   #22
mphs95
Remember me?
Forum Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to mphs95

Quote:
I thought you guys might find this interesting. Another poster with excellent research skills shared with me some of the people interviewed on UM that they found out have since passed away. Here's the list so far:

Russell Johnson, the elderly man who along with his wife helped out a mysterious stranger and then started receiving checks every Christmas passed away in 2001 in 1982.

Jon Purvis' mom, Emma Jo Bartlett, passed away in August of 2006 at age 89.

Ethel Kidd's son-in-law, Thomas Kidd, interviewed in the segment passed away in 1994 at the age of 51.

Chester Brodbeck, husband of Diane Brodbeck who disappeared with John Yount and was later apprehended, passed away in 1995 at age 54.

Lastly a Judy Gilbert from Ohio passed away in 1995 at age 47. This is the same name as Perman Gilbert's wife but we're unsure if it is her or not.

A morbid curisoity, but does anyone know what these people died of?
mphs95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 08:16 PM   #23
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphs95
A morbid curisoity, but does anyone know what these people died of?
No I don't. I'm guessing the first two were probably of old age. I was curious what Chester Brodbeck died from at a pretty early age.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:24 PM   #24
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

Well, a majority of deaths in this country are from heart attacks or cancer so I would guess it was one of those. However it could have been just about anything but at that age, I would guess it was probably a heart attack or cancer. I checked some more, Ed Baker's attorney Ward Busey passed away in 2000 at age 51. Richard Mason, one of the three men murdered by Frank Casteel, Mason's wife Martha Mason passed away in July of 1997 at age 59. Lawrence Lawler, the FBI agent who arrested Kevin Poulsen in Los Angeles passed away in 1997 at age 57.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:17 AM   #25
Kane

Here's another UM interviewee who is now deceased: Robert Houghton. He died in 1998, at the age of 84.

As a detective for the Los Angeles Police Department, Robert Houghton was involved in the investigations of Robert Kennedy's assassination and the Manson murders. He was interviewed in the 1990 segment about the assassination of Robert Kennedy, which focused on whether or not Sirhan Sirhan acted alone in the crime.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:53 PM   #26
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

Billy Ray Hargrove's dad, Harvey Hargrove, passed away in December of 2007 at age 72.

Mike Carmichael's uncle, Oscar Carmichael passed away in October of 1998 at the age of 62.

Psychic Dorothy Allison passed away in December of 1999 at the age of 74.

Frank Gavrich who was interviewed in the Liz Carmichael segment as the man who said he would go right back with Liz if the came back and wanted to resume working on the DALE, passed away in July of 1989 at the age of 65.

Robert Youngdahl, the Deputy District Attorney for Los Angeles County, interviewed in the same segment, passed away in August of 2007 at the age of 73.

Ellen Jacobson, who was interviewed in the Dorothy Allison segment because her daughter disappeared in Staten Island, New York in 1976. Mrs. Jacobson passed away in October of 2006 at the age of 66.

Calvin Green, who was the Warden of the prison where John Mooney escaped from in 1980, passed away in January of 1999 at the age of 79.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 08:08 PM   #27
SitcomsAreTheWay
Retro Sitcoms Fanatic
Forum Regular

I read somewhere that Tammy Leppert's mother passed away some time ago; I can't remember the source of the info though.
SitcomsAreTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:27 PM   #28
mphs95
Remember me?
Forum Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to mphs95

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadrmas15
Billy Ray Hargrove's dad, Harvey Hargrove, passed away in December of 2007 at age 72.

Mike Carmichael's uncle, Oscar Carmichael passed away in October of 1998 at the age of 62.

Psychic Dorothy Allison passed away in December of 1999 at the age of 74.

Frank Gavrich who was interviewed in the Liz Carmichael segment as the man who said he would go right back with Liz if the came back and wanted to resume working on the DALE, passed away in July of 1989 at the age of 65.

Robert Youngdahl, the Deputy District Attorney for Los Angeles County, interviewed in the same segment, passed away in August of 2007 at the age of 73.

Ellen Jacobson, who was interviewed in the Dorothy Allison segment because her daughter disappeared in Staten Island, New York in 1976. Mrs. Jacobson passed away in October of 2006 at the age of 66.

Calvin Green, who was the Warden of the prison where John Mooney escaped from in 1980, passed away in January of 1999 at the age of 79.
Kadrmas, I don't know how you found some of this out, but thanks for the update.
mphs95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 02:15 PM   #29
Beetlejuice69
Man With The Plan
Frequent Poster

Didn't the old man who said "I just want to know I belong to someone" die, too? I can't remember his name, but I know he was featured on a "Lost Loves" segment, and a member on these boards had a picture of him some time ago.
Beetlejuice69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 02:22 PM   #30
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlejuice69
Didn't the old man who said "I just want to know I belong to someone" die, too? I can't remember his name, but I know he was featured on a "Lost Loves" segment, and a member on these boards had a picture of him some time ago.
Yes that was Victor Simon. A very touching lost loves segment.