Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Reality Shows Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Reality Shows

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-08-2008, 09:42 AM   #1
Zoneboy
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(
Forum Celebrity

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.
Unhappy 'Supernanny' Father Dies From Gunshot

Link

GEORGETOWN — A Georgetown man struggled for years, battling a painful spine injury and fighting to obtain Social Security benefits. He even reached out to a television reality show, hoping to be a better dad to his two sons.

Friday night, his struggle ended in a Georgetown cemetery. Scott Terrill died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest after a 90-minute standoff with police.

Terrill carried ”a lot of emotional baggage from the past,“ said Dwayne Russell, pastor of Safe Harbor Baptist Fellowship in Georgetown, who will officiate at his funeral.

Despite those trials, Terrill was a dedicated father, Russell said. His appearance on a Supernanny episode that first aired in January showed his ”desire to be a better dad.“

Terrill, 37, suffered from reflex sympathetic dystrophy since an accident about five years ago, said his mother, Margaret Ng.

The disorder causes sufferers to feel continuous, intense pain out of proportion to the severity of the injury, which gets worse rather than better over time. There is no cure.

Terrill had tried getting a job to work from home, but he could only sit up only a certain amount of hours of the day, Ng said.

”It might not have looked like it on the TV, but he could not get up for more than a couple hours a day because of the RSD,“ she said.

The Supernanny episode featuring Terrill first aired on Jan. 23. Terrill said he had struggled to set boundaries for his sons, Lane and Tate, who were 11 and 5 at the time, because of his own harsh childhood.

In an attempt to avoid repeating the past, Terrill went to the other extreme, where he could not set discipline in his home.

Terrill later became the mascot for the show's ”Foxy Dad of the Year“ competition.

Ng said Terrill went camping with his sons and was also involved with his eldest son's soccer and his children's schooling.

”He was a loving father with a big heart,“ Ng said.

On Friday, Terrill called Georgetown police about 6:50 p.m., Capt. Scott Starns said Monday. He told police he was thinking of killing himself and had a gun.

Terrill asked to speak to Police Chief Greg Reeves, and told him he was at his father's grave at the Georgetown Cemetery.

Officers went to the cemetery, blocking off the scene and evacuating some of the houses nearby.

As he talked to officers, Terrill had a .38-caliber handgun pressed to his chest the whole time, Starns said.

”About an hour and a half into this whole scenario, they thought progress was being made, and he just abruptly squeezed the trigger,“ Starns said.

Scott County Coroner John Goble pronounced Terrill dead at Georgetown Community Hospital about 9 p.m.

Terrill grew up in Georgetown and attended Lexington Catholic High School, where he played basketball. He obtained his GED and went to one year of college at Morehead State University, Ng said.

In 2002 he ran in the Republican primary for a state House seat against Charlie Hoffman, but lost.

At Safe Harbor Baptist Fellowship, Russell said he had not seen or spoken to Terrill in six or seven months. But he said Terrill, a likeable guy who had been active in the church, had remained in contact with other church members.

Terrill's death has greatly affected his congregation, Russell said. Many watched Terrill grow up, and church members have helped take care of his children.

”People who are struggling with those emotional struggles, they need to get connected with other people,“ he said. ”Not one of us as human beings could handle the stresses and struggles of life by ourselves.“

A graveside service will be 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at the Georgetown Cemetery. Visitation will be 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Tucker, Yocum & Wilson Funeral Home.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:14 PM   #2
MonarC
The truth will set you free

So sad.
MonarC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:11 PM   #3
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Forum Legend

Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage

Why are you so obsessed with posting death notices of everybody under the sun? It gets a bit morbid sometimes. Especially, when the same person does it over and over again.

Money Doesn't Buy Happiness...But I'd Rather Cry in My Private Jet
Brian Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:29 PM   #4
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity

Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE

I watch SUPERNANNY, but I did not know of this news. So awful. That man really suffered through immense pain. He tried his best to be a great father in spite of that pain. I hope he finds comfort and peace now.
Ireneparalegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:56 PM   #5
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Damage
Why are you so obsessed with posting death notices of everybody under the sun? It gets a bit morbid sometimes. Especially, when the same person does it over and over again.
After all this time it suddenly becomes morbid? I know I post alot of obits but why all of a sudden now is it a problem for you? I'm not aware of any rule around here that gives anyone exclusive rights to start certain threads and that includes myself.

Alot of these people I post obits for Pav includes in his blog but evidently you have no issue with that. It's no more morbid for an obit to be posted on the board than it is there. Your problem isn't with the obits themselves but the fact that I'm posting them.

Alot of these passings would probably never be acknowledged if it weren't for me. I don't mean the really big names like Charlton Heston and James Brown but the lesser-known names like Henry Beckman, Lilyan Chauvin, Bill Dial, Bob LeMond etc...and all these were included in Pav's blog.

I sincerely apologize to you or anyone else here who may have been offended by my threads but most of these obits would've been posted sooner or later by someone else if I hadn't done so.

By the way, When I started the thread about Patricia Heaton's Father you had no problem with that so which is it? The obits themselves, The people I'm posting obits for or the fact that I'm the one doing the posting?

It doesn't matter because I'm no longer going to start any obituary threads and as a matter of fact, I'm not going to start any threads period because I'm now leaving the board. I might as well do so because I'm reasonably sure that TJ will see this and tell me to cease and desist with these threads so I'll just save him the trouble.
Zoneboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:41 PM   #6
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

Zoneboy, you are very welcome to post here. I and many others find the passing posts very helpful. There are times where I completely overlook some passings and thanks to you, I know about them (I'm too into schedules and stuff). I agree, especially the lesser name stars like Lilyan Chauvin and Bill Dial would have been missed if not for you. It's not like these stories are fake...they are the truth.

TJ will not order you to cease and desist, I can tell you that for a fact. So please stay. You're doing a great job, I think.
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 07:41 PM   #7
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity

Brian, I have absolutely nothing against you personally and I've decided to stay rather than let the opinion of one person run me off. If you really have a problem with the obit threads then maybe you need to put me on ignore.
Zoneboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:26 PM   #8
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

TV

rest in peace
Old 07-08-2008, 09:24 PM   #9
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity

Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
Zoneboy, you are very welcome to post here. I and many others find the passing posts very helpful. There are times where I completely overlook some passings and thanks to you, I know about them (I'm too into schedules and stuff). I agree, especially the lesser name stars like Lilyan Chauvin and Bill Dial would have been missed if not for you. It's not like these stories are fake...they are the truth.

TJ will not order you to cease and desist, I can tell you that for a fact. So please stay. You're doing a great job, I think.

If I read or hear of any death, I try and post it here, but you always seem to beat me to it Charles. I think it is newsworthy to post such information. It is not gossip or lies, it is someone's death.

You have posted many times on the death of a celeb who may not have been very well known or they are now obscure, but nonetheless, I like your threads and it is news.

Just like Scoobiedoo aka Aaron informs us of a celebs birthdays, it is equally appreciated to read abt a celebrity death. It is sad news, but it is appreciated.
Ireneparalegal is offline   Reply With Quote