Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube


Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Sunnyside Becomes First Casualty of 2019-2020 TV Season; Our Miss Brooks Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)


New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-07-2009, 12:43 AM   #16
cmyweb
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 04, 2009
Posts: 84
Default

One last thought...I decided to peruse doe to see if there may be any matches. I found 1 match in the surrounding states (within driving distance)/time frame and physical characteristics that may possibly be a viable option for Christi's remains.

Any thoughts?

Christi's case: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2469dfne.html

Possible match: http://doenetwork.org/cases/390ufwy.html

The latter case does not mention how long the body had been there which makes it difficult to fit a time frame, however, the reconstructive pics make it evident that decomposition was fairly advanced so a 5 year length of time could be possible. It looks like the area the remains were located in is under 6-8 hours drive time from where they lived in NE.

Anyway...thoughts?
cmyweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:59 PM   #17
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up
Senior Member
 
TracyLynnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 07, 2009
Posts: 3,087
Default A Match?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyweb
One last thought...I decided to peruse doe to see if there may be any matches. I found 1 match in the surrounding states (within driving distance)/time frame and physical characteristics that may possibly be a viable option for Christi's remains.

Any thoughts?

Christi's case: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2469dfne.html

Possible match: http://doenetwork.org/cases/390ufwy.html

The latter case does not mention how long the body had been there which makes it difficult to fit a time frame, however, the reconstructive pics make it evident that decomposition was fairly advanced so a 5 year length of time could be possible. It looks like the area the remains were located in is under 6-8 hours drive time from where they lived in NE.

Anyway...thoughts?
I think the facial features are very similar. The mouth, the nose, the jaw, everything. The bone structure seems to be really close. Have you submitted it to the doenetwork as a possible match?

I have to tell you, I wasn't expecting them to look very much alike at all. I thought maybe this was just "wishful thinking" but I'm actually shocked by the similarities. It's definitely worth looking into, imo.
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 08:06 PM   #18
cmyweb
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 04, 2009
Posts: 84
Default

I did submit it to doe today and asked them to review as a potential match.
cmyweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:00 PM   #19
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up
Senior Member
 
TracyLynnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 07, 2009
Posts: 3,087
Default

That's great cmyweb! Keep us updated, k?
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:32 PM   #20
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 11, 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,892
Default

I would say chances are that the unidentified woman in Wyoming is not Christi Nichols but it is always worth a look. There is somewhat of a resemblance. The main difference is that Christi Nichols was 5'9'' while the unidentified woman was 5'5'' to 5'6'. However Sheridan County, Wyoming, where the unidentified woman was found is in North Central Wyoming along the border with Montana. I-90 runs through Sheridan County. The body was found roughly 500 miles from the Nichols home. The biggest problem with Mark dumping Christi's body in that location is the time. When (if any) time did Mark have ample opportunity to drive that distance and back without it being noticed he was gone?

My guess is he probably dumped in within a 30 mile radius of Gothenburg. Christi's clothes were found dumped in that suitcase near Maxwell, Nebraska which is about 20 miles west of Gothenburg and about 10 miles west of North Platte. It would not surprise me if Mark dumped the body somewhere in this location. It would have to b e somewhere close so that he would not be gone too long but at the same an area that was secluded enough and that he was comfortable enough with that he knew he would not be disturbed while burying the body.

It is my opinion that Mark disposed of Christi's body in the early morning hours after they left the bar but before Mark arrived home. Either this or Mark left the house again at some point after the baby sitter left and was gone for several hours leaving the children home alone. However that would be risky with small children in the house as they could wake up and freak out if he was not there. I also think it is possible, as another poster, I think it was CD, that suggested that Mark may have disposed of the body the next afternoon during that two hour period of time he was unaccounted for after he had dropped the children off at Christi's grandmothers to allegedly go search for Christi.

Remember, the day Christi disappeared, Mark listed off all of the things Christi had allegedly taken in terms of clothes. I do believe it is possible he disposed of the suitcase at the same time he disposed of the body. As I mentioned earlier, the suitcase was missing the day Christi was reported missing but it was not discovered until March of 1988 near Maxwell. It could be Mark buried the suitcase under snow or whatever and maybe that is why it was not discovered until the spring when the snow melted? Any thoughts anyone?
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:51 PM   #21
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up
Senior Member
 
TracyLynnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 07, 2009
Posts: 3,087
Default

Kadrmas,

The distance between Christi's home and the location of the doenetwork's jane doe presents a few problems that you pointed out. Timing of disposing of the body being one of them.

I guess it's always possible that he kept the body in a temporary location until he could arrange enough time to move her farther away, virtually guaranteeing that she'd not be found.

Although, this has been done many times before, it is kind of a rare behavior.

One of the cars was a sedan, the one with the known blood stains, and was probably the scene of the murder. What kind of car was the other? A truck? A 4WD? Something better suited to packing up a dead body and shovels, tarps, other concealments of murderous activities?

It just makes me wonder, because he sold *both* cars shortly after her death. That makes me think both cars bore crucial evidence.
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:00 PM   #22
cmyweb
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 04, 2009
Posts: 84
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadrmas15
I would say chances are that the unidentified woman in Wyoming is not Christi Nichols but it is always worth a look. There is somewhat of a resemblance. The main difference is that Christi Nichols was 5'9'' while the unidentified woman was 5'5'' to 5'6'. However Sheridan County, Wyoming, where the unidentified woman was found is in North Central Wyoming along the border with Montana. I-90 runs through Sheridan County. The body was found roughly 500 miles from the Nichols home. The biggest problem with Mark dumping Christi's body in that location is the time. When (if any) time did Mark have ample opportunity to drive that distance and back without it being noticed he was gone?

My guess is he probably dumped in within a 30 mile radius of Gothenburg. Christi's clothes were found dumped in that suitcase near Maxwell, Nebraska which is about 20 miles west of Gothenburg and about 10 miles west of North Platte. It would not surprise me if Mark dumped the body somewhere in this location. It would have to b e somewhere close so that he would not be gone too long but at the same an area that was secluded enough and that he was comfortable enough with that he knew he would not be disturbed while burying the body.

It is my opinion that Mark disposed of Christi's body in the early morning hours after they left the bar but before Mark arrived home. Either this or Mark left the house again at some point after the baby sitter left and was gone for several hours leaving the children home alone. However that would be risky with small children in the house as they could wake up and freak out if he was not there. I also think it is possible, as another poster, I think it was CD, that suggested that Mark may have disposed of the body the next afternoon during that two hour period of time he was unaccounted for after he had dropped the children off at Christi's grandmothers to allegedly go search for Christi.

Remember, the day Christi disappeared, Mark listed off all of the things Christi had allegedly taken in terms of clothes. I do believe it is possible he disposed of the suitcase at the same time he disposed of the body. As I mentioned earlier, the suitcase was missing the day Christi was reported missing but it was not discovered until March of 1988 near Maxwell. It could be Mark buried the suitcase under snow or whatever and maybe that is why it was not discovered until the spring when the snow melted? Any thoughts anyone?
I agree its more likely that he disposed of her remains in an area closer to where they lived. And the two hours would not give him time to travel to Wyoming (in fact, I suspect that's when he actually tossed the suitcase). However, we don't know he didn't hide the remains and dispose of them later? I don't recall how thorough the police searched when she was first reported missing. (And keep in mind they had the apparent note from the boyfriend to distract them...I think they assumed she took off and didn't immediately look at Mark as a suspect).

I thought about the height issue and I didn't feel that was enough to exclude looking at the jane doe. My thought is that unless they got Christi's exact measurements from her physician, the 5'9" could be off by an inch or so. I assume Mark gave the description and he really had no reason to be accurate. Plus the 5'5"-5'6" on the jane doe appears to be an estimate so perhaps the pathologist was also off a bit.

Either way...we'll see what happens and I will certainly post if I hear anything back from doe. I just think it would be great for the family to have some kind of closure...

Last edited by cmyweb; 01-08-2009 at 12:54 AM.
cmyweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:21 PM   #23
cmyweb
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 04, 2009
Posts: 84
Default For what its worth...

Doe responded today. They said that the two cases have never been compared and they are forwarding the details to their match panel for further analysis.
cmyweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:45 PM   #24
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up
Senior Member
 
TracyLynnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 07, 2009
Posts: 3,087
Default

Holy wow, I watched this again today, and that husband! What an idiot!

I had forgotten how weird he presented on screen, like a mouth breathing, knuckle dragger.

The only reason he's gotten away with this murder is by pure luck. He certainly couldn't have carefully planned and masterminded the perfect crime. The fact that his wife was missing, and he dropped the kids off with grandma so he could go looking for the missing wife, without even asking grandma if his wife was there is a HUGE flashing red "guilty" sign pointing right at him.

What was he thinking? He shoulda covered his tracks by staying home and calling all their friends and family to ask if she was there, then take the kids to grandma to go looking for her. He dropped the kids off with grandma so he could go bury the body under the guise of searching for Christi.
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:03 PM   #25
Arnold_OldSchool
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 16, 2006
Posts: 578
Default

"An investigation revealed traces of Christi's blood in the couple's house and in the husbands car. Recent DNA tests have proved that the blood found was indeed Christi's"

Jesus 20 years + this guys gets to run around, i wonder whatthe children think ???
Arnold_OldSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:38 PM   #26
dawnfla6aa2
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 19, 2008
Location: California
Posts: 45
Default

I can't believe this guy has skated by! What kind of man gets rid of his wife's clothes the day after she goes missing. And selling the cars the next day...doesn't that cry out foul play?
dawnfla6aa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:54 PM   #27
mozartpc27
Vigilante Logician
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 09, 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 821
Default

ON the doe network possible match: the two look reasonably well enough alike to make it plausible (so good find, cmywebb), but I think the biggest problem is that the remians were found in 1992 along an interstate near mile post 5, according to the doenetwork. Christi disappeared in 1987. It's hard to imagine remains could have sat close to an interstate for nearly 5 years before being noticed. I suppose it's possible that Mark hid the remains in one location for a long time, then moved them to the spot where they were found years later, but it seems unlikely.
__________________
"You can't say the words that the rock makes you feel like." - Patty Johnson
mozartpc27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 02:52 PM   #28
mark10
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 04, 2003
Posts: 26
Default

I have a theory....remember, it's a theory. Mark Nichols killed her, hid the body in the trunk of the car. This would explain why the babysitter never saw Christi Nichols...she never came in the house...Mark's explanation that she went up makes no sense! After the babysitter left, Mark brought Christi's body in the house, maybe wrapped it up in something, then drove to this location, dumped it, and returned home. The whole "we went to sleep" story was a lie, along with most of the crap that he spewed from his hillbilly mouth. It's amazing how this fool has been free for over 20 years now.
mark10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 04:37 PM   #29
MissFit29
Member
Forum Regular
 
MissFit29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 09, 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 523
Default

This case has some major parallels to the Linda Sherman case. In both, the husbands claim their wives left them, but neither was ever seen again. I don't buy it.
MissFit29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:33 AM   #30
Oldschooler81
Member
Forum Regular
 
Oldschooler81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 03, 2009
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark10
I have a theory....remember, it's a theory. Mark Nichols killed her, hid the body in the trunk of the car. This would explain why the babysitter never saw Christi Nichols...she never came in the house...Mark's explanation that she went up makes no sense! After the babysitter left, Mark brought Christi's body in the house, maybe wrapped it up in something, then drove to this location, dumped it, and returned home. The whole "we went to sleep" story was a lie, along with most of the crap that he spewed from his hillbilly mouth. It's amazing how this fool has been free for over 20 years now.
Just bumping this up since this is another one of my favorite cases and one of the first I saw. It's so tragic, especially since Christi seemed like a really sweet and harmless young mom.

Yeah, I was always creeped out by Mark (I know basically everyone on here has the concensus that he's guilty, and I totally agree). He didn't seem like the brightest guy in the world anyway, lmao.... or the nicest. He definitely came across as one of those white trash chauvenist types would wouldn't hesistate to hit a woman. Like his comment about how he pushed her down to stop her from leaving the house.

Just curious too, was the last time Christi was confirmed to be alive, at the bar when they both went out (which seems suspicious in itself of him to do. The babysitter even mentioned that too)? I know the segment mentions they left the bar and went to a gas station, I wonder if the attendant noticed her.

Sadly what probably happened was that he killed her sometime between then and when he got home. Getting rid of their cars and her clothes is pretty telling too. I could tell that one detective was suspicious about her suitcase being found and Mark knowing exactly what was in it. That guy probably thought he was guilty too, but just couldn't prove it.

As stupid as Mark seemed, I'm not sure he'd bring the body in the house, just in case the kids woke up or something. He probably hid the body the next day, after dropping the kids off. Even sadder that her grandma is almost certainly passed away now (she looked about 75 in 1988) without ever knowing what happened.
Oldschooler81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:26 PM.


Frequently Asked Questions

1) How do I contact Unsolved Mysteries with information on segments?

If you any information on cases, you can contact them via:

Website: www.unsolved.com

Contact form on official Unsolved Mysteries site

Please note that their old mailing address and 1-800 phone number no longer work.


2) Where can I watch Unsolved Mysteries?

Unsolved Mysteries is available for streaming on Amazon Instant Video, YouTube and Hulu.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.