Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-22-2008, 05:21 AM   #1
JH23
Frequent Poster

Default Who else is worried about the future of Happy Days on dvd?

Its become obvious that major studios like Paramount, Warner Bros, Sony etc only care about one thing money not fans of tv shows. What will happen after they release season 7, will they release season 8 a season without Ron and Donny? Paramount would know that alot of people wouldnt buy season 8-11 becuase they were the seasons that Ron and Donny were barely in. I hope im wrong though.

Last edited by JH23; 12-22-2008 at 07:28 AM.
JH23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:10 AM   #2
Chachi'88
Frequent Poster

I hope that DVDs are released in all 11 seasons
Chachi'88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:40 AM   #3
robyrob
certified wackball#3
Forum Legend

it all depends on the sales; I think that they will come out but it will take a LOOOONG time.
robyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 06:28 AM   #4
bluthree
Forum Regular

I too hope CBS/Paramount will release all 11 seasons of Happy Days on DVD?
I so enjoyed watching season 4 on DVD. Seeing the episodes uncut was a real treat.
bluthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:14 PM   #5
studd911

Question anson williams singing deeply

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluthree
I too hope CBS/Paramount will release all 11 seasons of Happy Days on DVD?
I so enjoyed watching season 4 on DVD. Seeing the episodes uncut was a real treat.
did anson williams ever sing deeply again in any of the other later episodes or was it just heard on the graducation episodes i finally got my hd4 dvd and cbs/paramount gave us all something to smile about. Watching the two part episode of fonzie loves pinky was like watching a drive in movie with everything intact, even the scenes that was not shown in syndication i saw evey episode and had a blast, i believe we will see hd5 soon especially if hd4 sells. I have a question i was watching the graducation episode where potsie was singing the song at the prom deeply, besides that episode was there any other time in the later episodes or seasons where he sings that song again, when i heard the whole song for the first time it sounded like he was backed vocally by the group that sung in the 1970s close too you and i am on the world looking i think it was the Carpenters it sounded like them, i could be wrong but the dvd was hott, but again did potsie sing deeply again in the later episodes? i hope when season 5 comes out especially with the three part episode of fonzie goes too hollywood i hope that cbs/paramount will combine the two part episode into one like they did with fonzie loves pinky. I notice that the band sung allot of buddy hollies sungs such as ooh boy, maybe baby and everyday, but did they every sang and preforme other of his songs that was not heard in syndication.
studd911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 10:45 AM   #6
Edster2973
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH23
Its become obvious that major studios like Paramount, Warner Bros, Sony etc only care about one thing money not fans of tv shows.
Would YOU care any differently if YOU were the one behind these companies? Of course they have to be concerned about making money, especially with the recession we're in. You think the staff they have working on these releases is going to do this out of the kindness of their hearts? They have bills to pay like everyone else.

It sounds to me that if the sales were abysmal, you think Paramount should just continue releasing the shows for the fans anyway. That is just nonsense. Would YOU do so if you were behind the helm? You'd go broke within months and have to shut down (and how many DVDs then could you release if you were out of business???).

I know it's frustrating how the business side of things work, but let's not fault them for doing what they need to do in order to survive. They need to see a return on what they release, plain and simple. The "legacy" of Happy Days isn't worth the downfall of an entire company, even though I personally love the show.

With the release of Season 4, it's obvious a lot of care was put into it. The picture is cleaned up and a lot more of the original music is included. They're trying to please the fans in a way that's affordable.

The thing is, if it were you or I or anyone else, we'd be no different.

Ed
Old 12-30-2008, 12:39 PM   #7
anglemark10
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreckless
Even though I have the whole series/set on bootleg, I hope they release all 11 seasons, BUT, I hope they fix the music and stop ruining the original music, or at least most of it, on the DVDs compared to when the episodes of the show initially aired. I know music rights, to pay bands, acts, producers, companies etc. factor in how much they have to pay off, everytime music is included on a DVD or whatever, but work halfway and get something better down Paramount. Let's all pray for 11, folks.
Why are you putting down Paramount, now? The last two Happy Days releases have been great with all music intact.
anglemark10 is offline   Reply With Quote