Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series
Search Party Moving to HBO Max for Seasons 3 and 4; Disney Gets More Gabby Duran & the Unsittables

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-15-2005, 10:13 PM   #1
Mr.Clairvoyant
Frequent Poster

Default Bryan Nisenfeld

Does anybody know if there are any updates on how he died?
Mr.Clairvoyant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 10:16 PM   #2
compulsive dvd
Frequent Poster

None that I've ever found. This is one of the only cases I've taken time to look for information online. I found some articles written by a local paper in that area but the contact info was outdated for the writer. How awful to not know what happened. Out of a lot of cases, that one kinda stayed with me. Someone knows something at that University I believe.
compulsive dvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 11:24 PM   #3
Mr.Clairvoyant
Frequent Poster

Your right
Old 12-16-2005, 12:13 AM   #4
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

I think the reason it's so unforgettable is because of the macabre nature of the "crime." As a parent, I don't think I would be content to bury a foot and a shinbone. I would totally want to know what happened. It's such a strange case.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 05:30 AM   #5
Mr.Clairvoyant
Frequent Poster

Perhaps it may have been suicide but then its hard not to think of foul play when the only peice or remians were found was a shin bone and a foot makes one think of dismemberment,, quick someone check and see if Lenonard Rizzo was in RI at the time of Bryan disappearance... we all know how good he is at chopping up bodies...
Old 05-28-2009, 12:23 PM   #6
absolutjag9
Occasional Poster

i just watched segment for the 2nd time...i wonder if any new updates have arisen...i think he may have killed himself...the gay thing might have eaten at him...i know b/c it's hard for me to be that orientation.
absolutjag9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:59 AM   #7
compulsive dvd
Frequent Poster

I watched the segment again recently as well. Honestly, it seems like they have everything backwards. I believe his mother has it nailed as far as what happened. The issue I have is the way he felt threatened. He felt threatened to the point where he wanted to get out of there. Now if it were a case of someone just threatening to out you, does this really make you want to call your dad (who you're supposedly afraid of coming out to in the first place) to come get you and take you to safety? As far as the segment showed, he felt like he was in real danger. Because of his writings and what the reporter said, I feel like maybe it was Bryan who was ready to come out and the other guy who was not comfortable with this. I feel like the police were just not interested in following up with the case. The other guy involved could have easily lied and said the threats were in jest. As far as the foot turning up, this screams of dismemberment. Who knows. The guy could have got him while he was at his spot by the bridge. The suicide argument just doesn't make sense. The segment is also distracting because the actor playing Bryan looks nothing like him.
compulsive dvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:21 PM   #8
HHorseman
Frequent Poster

Your right man he looked nothing at all like him,was it that hard to find a guy that looked like Bryan he was a pretty average looking guy really.
HHorseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:59 PM   #9
Mastermind

I wonder if the hate crime angle has ever been looked at in this case?
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 04:56 PM   #10
shanejm
Frequent Poster

From what I've read...the local police and investigators were uncomfortable with the homosexual angle from the start...so to investigate it as a hate crime would be hard do to the fact that some of them had prejudices of their own. I'm sure the parents and any investigators that they hired would have looked into it...but not local police and law enforcement. I know I read something about this a year or so ago and it made the police look like they had no interest in getting into anything with homosexuality because their only opinion was that Bryan had committed suicide and that's it.
shanejm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 06:50 PM   #11
Mastermind

Quote:
From what I've read...the local police and investigators were uncomfortable with the homosexual angle from the start...so to investigate it as a hate crime would be hard do to the fact that some of them had prejudices of their own. I'm sure the parents and any investigators that they hired would have looked into it...but not local police and law enforcement. I know I read something about this a year or so ago and it made the police look like they had no interest in getting into anything with homosexuality because their only opinion was that Bryan had committed suicide and that's it.
Sad, but true.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:07 PM   #12
UMfan77

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanejm
...I know I read something about this a year or so ago and it made the police look like they had no interest in getting into anything with homosexuality because their only opinion was that Bryan had committed suicide and that's it.
For all the years I've been watching UM, I am amazed at how many of the cases portrayed are "police think it's suicide and the parents/family say it was murder". If I made a list, it would fill a page, easily.
UMfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:28 PM   #13
Zlatko
Forum Regular

I'm not sure if anyone has read this article on the case but it's certainly an interesting read. http://www.bostonphoenix.com/alt1/ar..._WILLIAMS.html

Bryan's parents said that his former friend(who's named Josh Cohen) seem to control Bryan. On the other hand, the police said that Bryan wasn't even close to his former friend. Frankly, I trust Bryan's parents more so than the police regarding Josh Cohen. What kind of person calls someone around midnight to threatened them? Cohen sounds shady to me.
Zlatko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:20 PM   #14
Mastermind

Is it a given that Bryan was dismembered? Or is that just the result of nature?

I find it hard to believe that college student would bother and would think to dismembering just to hide the body.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:21 PM   #15
Zlatko
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind
Is it a given that Bryan was dismembered? Or is that just the result of nature?

I find it hard to believe that college student would bother and would think to dismembering just to hide the body.
I don't think anyone can say for sure that Nisenfeld was dismembered. Roger Williams university is located within a bay, so who knows what could have gotten a hold of his body.

About Cohen, there's no hard evidence that he killed Nisenfeld. We don't even know if Nisenfeld committed suicide. However, it seems rather strange that Nisenfeld's parents said that he seemed to have some sort of control over Bryan. Add to that, Bryan said that his former friend called him up at night, and threatened him. Although the police claim the former friend has little to do with case, I think otherwise. There has to be something, directly or indirectly.
Zlatko is offline   Reply With Quote