Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Reality Shows Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Reality Shows

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series
Search Party Moving to HBO Max for Seasons 3 and 4; Disney Gets More Gabby Duran & the Unsittables

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-11-2005, 01:24 PM   #1
AllIWantIsYourClutch
peaceout.
Forum Legend

Send a message via AIM to AllIWantIsYourClutch
Default 'My Fair Brady' centers on Curry, Knight relationship

By Annie Alleman

STAFF WRITER
When VH1 producers pitched a show about Adrianne Curry and Chris Knight, they were envisioning Knight in the Henry Higgins role, chronicling how the older, more worldly Knight would shape and mold Curry's Eliza Doolittle.

What they got, however, was an intense look at a relationship at the critical point of breaking up or going to the next level.

"We were completely surprised that we got such a great series out of it," said producer Mark Cronin. "We thought the series was going to be about making more of a lady out of Adrianne, and what we found was there was incredibly dynamic relationship going on that was in crisis, that was on the verge of breaking up."

It's a very real, relatable situation for a lot of couples, he said.

"We scrapped our original plan and decided to follow the story, is this couple going to break up or ... take a step forward," he said. "I think the series we got was much more compelling and real and interesting than the one we were planning.

"The other surprising thing we found we came in from Chris' point of view the wild child (Adrianne) that need to be healed," he continued. "We found that her emotional maturity level was much higher than we thought. She's very expressive of how she feels. And Chris' maturity level is nowhere near hers. So the series pretty much flipped, and became from her point of view.

"Honestly, the show is going to cause problems for a lot of men across this county," he said. "A lot of women relate to Peter Pan complex and the unwillingness to step up. Unfortunately, we're not going to help the male cause with this show."

Curry, a Joliet native, said that she had to be talked into doing the show.

"The funny thing is, most people will think it was my idea, because I pitched a show very much like it on 'The Surreal Life,' but that was only my way of letting him know I liked him," she said in an interview from the home she shares with Knight outside Los Angeles. "He and one of the producers kept bouncing back to my idea. I wasn't taken with it; I didn't want to do it at all. We talked about it for a couple of months, and I agreed to it reluctantly, and reluctantly filmed it. It's a weird situation because it's almost like the last two years of my life have been on TV." (Curry hit national TV in the first "America's Top Model" reality show on UPN in late spring of 2003.)

For all the reasons you wouldn't want your personal life on TV, Curry had the same reservations.

"It was kind of rough because we were just hitting a point in our relationship where a lot of questions were being asked," she said. "It was an odd time to start filming in our relationship, because it was at a make-or-break point. It weighs heavily on me, because (I'm) kind of opening (myself) in a way that I have not done prior. I'm nervous, in a way. I know we're going to get a lot of ridicule and criticism, and normally I don't care about that, but Chris is very important to me."

The stress of the cameras only added to the tension the couple was feeling as their relationship came under fire.

"Chris and I had some real fights on the show, and we had not fought prior to that," she said. "We got in real serious fights. There were times, especially in the first few days of filming, where I seriously thought we'd break up. It was embarrassing. There were times I wanted to kick (the crew) out, because I did not want to share certain things with people. But you also can't remain quiet for two months and not talk about anything.

"There was a time I got really fed up I believe I ripped off my mic and ran out of the house as fast as I could," she said. "And they kept up with me, even with 60 pounds of gear. I felt really bad, so I stopped and came back and apologized. I told the producers to give the camera crew a raise."

The couple didn't just fight about feelings there was a betrayal on Knight's part. When their friend and former "Surreal Life" cast mate, Jane Weidlin, came over, Knight gave her an inappropriate kiss.

"He basically French-kissed one of my really good friends," Curry said. "They were both drunk and it kind of got out of hand, and I was furious. I didn't think we would be dating much longer. It was a respect thing. I was thinking, 'My family, who has been trying so hard to accept this man, is going to see him make out with my best friend.'"

Bedroom time

If you've seen the promos VH1 has been running, you'll know that there are some very sexy scenes. It's always about sex, Curry said.

"I made sure that it was going to look like we were going to do something so we could kick the camera crew out of the room," she said, laughing. "And then we wouldn't do anything, we'd just talk about the things we didn't want to talk about in front of the camera. I was like, 'They're going to portray me as sex fanatic,' and really I was just trying to get rid of them."

They did film at other locations, including locations in Joliet.

"We filmed at my all-time favorite bar and restaurant, Senior Tequila's ... I had to show Chris where they make the best margaritas in the world," she said. "We went to McBrody's, and we filmed Maury's table. Someone told me the owner had no idea who I was."

Not being recognized from TV didn't bother her. "I played for his softball team and I've been going in there after every game since I was five years old!" she said, laughing. They filmed at her mother's home in Joliet, her dad's home and at Little Ritchie's bar in Lockport (where she ruefully admitted the show left an unpaid tab, which she has promised to pay off.)

Relatable drama

The show isn't just sex and drinking, she said.

"It's got a lot of drama. It will be easy for anyone in a relationship who's wondering where it's going to relate to," she said. "It's kind of girly, but there's definitely a male aspect too. He's kind of poo-pooing any demands of a relationship.

"Every time I'm scared about what people will think about 'My Fair Brady,' I remind myself that I'm not jumping on a couch and saying aliens are invading my body," she joked. "The best I can relate it to is 'Newlyweds,' only not so sweet and innocent."

Cronin said Knight and Curry were picked for their own show because of the way the couple "popped" on "The Surreal Life."

"Chris really surprised the nation with how much Peter Brady had grown up how sure of himself he is, he's good looking, he's quite the man of the house," he said. "Adrianne with her incredible vivaciousness, sparkling personality and lack of decorum, and the fact that they fell in love makes it more exciting. It seemed natural to do. There's a lot of public curiosity about whether the relationship is real or not."

That's what the public will find out that this is a real couple with common problems, he said.

"Their situation is very relatable," he said. "I'm very optimistic. I think this is going to be a very successful story that people will get caught up in."

"My Fair Brady" isn't the only thing on Curry's plate. For one thing, she works out a lot.

She just finished photo shoots with Sync magazine and with Beverly Hills Choppers. She's also on the Game Show Network's pool series, "Ballbreakers," serving as the rack girl.

"I'm the resident Vanna White of pool. I sit there and smile and wear pretty things," she said. "It's like live action modeling. And I'm in talks for quite a few things that sadly I can't say anything about. But I'm not doing all this training for nothing, that's all I'm saying."

Mauries Table, Senor Tequila, McBrodys....Those are places I've been to. A lot. Especially Mauries Table. And her mom's house...that's 2 blocks from my house. They filmed in my town. I'm strangely excited to see this show.
AllIWantIsYourClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 11:21 PM   #2
Pitooey
Forum Veteran

This show sounds good. I want to see CHRIS......... and of course his gal. When will the show air? Do you know the date?

***SAY NO TO DRUGS***

Jesus saves...
Pitooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 11:23 PM   #3
Rene

yea i dont think i can sit through a whole episode of this

Gob: Tell you what we're gonna do: "Rock Paper Scissors" for it!
Michael: No, no I'm not -
Gob: One, two, three! Paper covers rock.
Michael: It is a rock, though. Should beat everything.
Gob: There's not a lot of logic to it. It's kind of like on a boat with "Women and children first." I mean, why should they -
Rene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 11:24 PM   #4
bad_boy
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Veteran

Today at 11:30.
bad_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 11:25 PM   #5
bad_boy
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Veteran

I watched it earlier, and I don't think it was that good.
bad_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 01:41 AM   #6
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity

Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE

Well apparently Adrianne is none too happy with Florence Henderson "butting in" on the relationship. Florence is couple counseling and immediately stated that Adrianne needs to move out and get her own place. Chris agreed. Adrianne is upset. She feels that will tear them apart and eventually break up.
Adrianne was also upset that Chris (while under the influence of alcohol) kissed Jane Weidlin (birthday kiss) but Jane gave him one good kiss on the lips, not a kiss the kind a friend would give another friend. Adrianne pointed out very hastily that they exchanged tongues, which upsetted her very very much.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:20 AM   #7
Pitooey
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_boy
Thanks to you bad_boy I got to watch it last night. I must say that I enjoyed it very much but what shocked me was Chris getting paddled. I didn't expect that.

Can't wait for the next episode.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:28 AM   #8
Pitooey
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_boy
Thanks to you bad_boy I got to watch it last night. I must say that I enjoyed it very much but what shocked me was Chris getting paddled. I didn't expect that.

Old 09-13-2005, 12:57 AM   #9
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Celebrity

Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitooey

I see double!!!!
Ireneparalegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 12:18 PM   #10
prime-evil
Occasional Poster

hes a good dude!! he needs a good woman, not a little girl thats stuck on herself...she needs to go sew some wild oats before she can think of being a 'woman',vs little girl.hes got the finest chest ive seen in a long time!! yummy! sorry
prime-evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 09:37 AM   #11
Pitooey
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireneparalegal
I see double!!!!
Me too.......... I hate when I do that...
Old 09-20-2005, 09:46 PM   #12
Kazza

I think Adrienne is a loony case; so darn insecure and over the top with Chris. He's had two marriages already *trying to send subliminal message*...Everything to her is about how much sex she can get and the material things he's got her. I think she's trying to win the contest of stupidity between her and Jessica Simpson.
Kazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 05:10 PM   #13
Pitooey
Forum Veteran

One thing that I have to agree with Chris is that she needs to love herself first before she loves anyone.

She is a beautiful girl but, she's needy.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:57 AM   #14
Kazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitooey
One thing that I have to agree with Chris is that she needs to love herself first before she loves anyone.

She is a beautiful girl but, she's needy.

Extremely needy!!! She's also a bit of an airhead.
Kazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 01:40 PM   #15
An 80s Guy
legen-wait for it-dary!

Send a message via Yahoo to An 80s Guy

this show sucks
An 80s Guy is offline   Reply With Quote