Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Picks Up 2nd Season of Bless the Harts; Remembering Bill Macy of Maude
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 21, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Sunnyside Becomes First Casualty of 2019-2020 TV Season; Our Miss Brooks Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-17-2015, 03:35 PM   #121
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
I was seriously just about to post the EXACT same thing.
Awesome
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 01:00 AM   #122
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebZissel
I don't know how this is going to sound, but I see this as a story with both individuals creating a toxic relationship.

What Randall did was WRONG plain and simple.

I see this as a young man who fell in love with a girl who on the outside was beautiful, perfect, and innocent, but in reality was manipulative and played the "I'm a nice, perfect girl card and he's just a terrible person card."

Obviously, Denise was very attractive and excelled at everything. She was a catch. She, like many beautiful girls, used older guys. As a woman claiming to be Randall's sister posted, Denise lived with Randall and he completely took care of her. She also agreed to marry him.

The segment in the car: according to what I have read, Denise admitted in court that she carried a gun in her car and with her.

According to Randall's sister, Denise wrote Randall many letters that led him on.

This is a sad case of young man who fell for a beautiful, seemingly perfect girl and she manipulated him and used him.

She went away to college. I believe that Denise began to outgrow Randall who might not have even graduated from high school. Randall worried that she would meet someone else and anyone who has ever been in a long-distance relationship knows there is always that paranoia. Is she dating someone else? Is he sleeping with the cute girl down the street?

While I don't condone anything Randall did, I believe things spiraled out of control and that the beautiful college student Denise played a much more devious role than victim.
No.

And as someone who is married to someone I've spent a cumulative two years being geographically separated from, I can tell you I've never felt that "paranoia" one is supposedly "always" supposed to feel in so-called long distance relationships. Feeling as though you must constantly question whether your partner is cheating on you is not par for the course.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 04:13 AM   #123
James T

Amazing that he has eluded capture for 21 years. Frankly I don't care whether she was a legit girl scout or a street walker, he is a lunatic control freak & his behaviour towards any other women he has been involved with since then is likely to not have changed, he escaped justice & needs to serve that time. He also needs help to try to change.
James T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 01:41 PM   #124
James T

That stuff happens to men & women every day. The majority don't stalk that person, kidnap them & attempt to kill them. She may well have been playing him but it doesn't excuse his behaviour one bit.
Old 06-21-2015, 08:25 PM   #125
DALLASTEXAN!!

I have to back meg here. Long distance relationships are difficult, but when you add trust issues into the equation they can become volatile. Clearly this guy had issues.

RebZissel I have to counter your points of her being manipulative and choosing to date an older guy with the same point. Why is a 30 year old supposed grown man(which he was not mentally) opting to date a high school/college aged girl expecting her to remain completely loyal to him 24/7? Most of these types of relationships especially featured by UM don't/didn't end well. See Annette burnside. Bottom line he abused her mentally and physically and he never gave his side of the story because he is a fugitive and a violent criminal. I can't victim blame here. Especially given that she was 18 years old? 18 year olds can't be expected to make the best decisions with relationships. One would hope that a 30 year old would know better here if we are gonna use the age card....
Old 06-21-2015, 09:48 PM   #126
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALLASTEXAN!!
I have to back meg here. Long distance relationships are difficult, but when you add trust issues into the equation they can become volatile. Clearly this guy had issues.

RebZissel I have to counter your points of her being manipulative and choosing to date an older guy with the same point. Why is a 30 year old supposed grown man(which he was not mentally) opting to date a high school/college aged girl expecting her to remain completely loyal to him 24/7? Most of these types of relationships especially featured by UM don't/didn't end well. See Annette burnside. Bottom line he abused her mentally and physically and he never gave his side of the story because he is a fugitive and a violent criminal. I can't victim blame here. Especially given that she was 18 years old? 18 year olds can't be expected to make the best decisions with relationships. One would hope that a 30 year old would know better here if we are gonna use the age card....
Agreed. I would say that Randall is the one who was manipulative and devious. We really have no evidence, but for a few posts on here, that Denise did anything wrong.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 11:06 PM   #127
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulDreamer
Agreed. I would say that Randall is the one who was manipulative and devious. We really have no evidence, but for a few posts on here, that Denise did anything wrong.
For sure...and that is all rumor mill anyway at best. If Randall wants to give his side of the story to contradict UM he's always welcome here...

Or better yet turn yourself in for escaping imprisonment then tell your story.

This is why I can't blame Denise because he is the criminal regardless of their age difference. I understand the confusion and at times frustrations between the opposite sex....But that doesn't EVER justify violent criminal activity.

Last edited by DALLASTEXAN!!; 06-22-2015 at 12:40 AM.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:02 AM   #128
dynoguy88

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T
Amazing that he has eluded capture for 21 years. Frankly I don't care whether she was a legit girl scout or a street walker, he is a lunatic control freak & his behaviour towards any other women he has been involved with since then is likely to not have changed, he escaped justice & needs to serve that time. He also needs help to try to change.
Amen. That is the bottom line.

He doesn't strike me as someone who is smart enough to hide on his own. He remains in hiding with the help of his family members, I suspect. Just like Jesse James Hollywood. But at least he was eventually captured. 21 years is pretty crazy.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 01:01 PM   #129
RobinW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88
Amen. That is the bottom line.

He doesn't strike me as someone who is smart enough to hide on his own. He remains in hiding with the help of his family members, I suspect. Just like Jesse James Hollywood. But at least he was eventually captured. 21 years is pretty crazy.
Whenever family members help a wanted fugitive hide out for an extended period of time, I always wonder how they would handle things if that person died. If Randall was to, say, commit suicide or die of natural causes, how does his family have him declared dead or give him a proper burial without implicating themselves and revealing that they committed a crime by aiding and abetting a known fugitive?

The thing with Randall is that he had obvious rage and self-control issues and it's hard to believe that someone like that could remain off the radar so long without doing SOMETHING to get themselves in trouble again. The fact that Randall has not been seen for 21 years makes me wonder if he might be dead and his family disposed of his body somewhere to avoid implicating themselves.
RobinW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 03:29 PM   #130
dynoguy88

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinW
Whenever family members help a wanted fugitive hide out for an extended period of time, I always wonder how they would handle things if that person died. If Randall was to, say, commit suicide or die of natural causes, how does his family have him declared dead or give him a proper burial without implicating themselves and revealing that they committed a crime by aiding and abetting a known fugitive?

The thing with Randall is that he had obvious rage and self-control issues and it's hard to believe that someone like that could remain off the radar so long without doing SOMETHING to get themselves in trouble again. The fact that Randall has not been seen for 21 years makes me wonder if he might be dead and his family disposed of his body somewhere to avoid implicating themselves.
That's certainly a possibility. And it would help explain him being able to "hide" for so long.

A family that helps their criminal member hide from authorities is not going to worry too much about having him/her declared legally dead, I would suspect. They could still have some sort of sendoff for them and continue to play dumb so they don't implicate themselves.

That could be the case here. But we just don't know.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 05:16 PM   #131
lilmissd
Frequent Poster

I agree with you guys 100%, I can't blame Denise she was a young girl and at that age your not known for making the best decisions because your inexperienced; Randall however was at an age to know better to not date a girl just out of high school, he should have found someone his own age! He took advantage of her plain & simple and when he found out she wasn't so easily fooled by his shenanigans she got the hell outta dodge, I cant blame her one bit!
lilmissd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 01:26 AM   #132
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
Sorry guys,

The nice high school/college girls aren't always so innocent. I even bet their relationship wasn't platonic. It takes two to tango.
Uh, what? Whoever implied it WAS platonic? And even if it wasn't, how does this tarnish Denise as an individual?
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 02:25 AM   #133
James T

Quote:
An interesting post I found about this:

" Submitted on Tue, 10/14/2014 - 07:32

I have known Randall for several years before Randall and Denise got together. He was a nice,caring,loving person. Once him and Denise got together she told him he had to lose all his female friends. So of course we quit talking. I think this is a made up story. I can't see Randall doing any of this. I have seen Randall with other girls. And when his other girlfriends broke up with him. He never stalked them. I think she made up this story. Cause she knew she would get a lot of attention for a bogus story

Submitted on Mon, 02/09/2015 - 11:40

yes it's made up!! She got pissed off because he would not marry her. Randall Was not in love with the girl! He was still in love with Karen. Said that she was the only girl for him. And he didn't chase her or stalk her. Why would he stalk a girl or make her enroll in a college near him. He tried to get her to enroll farther away. Randall did not like guns, so why would he have one? And if he told her that he didn't want to live, just to stab him. Where the hell is the knife in this scenario? You don't bring a knife to a gunfight! The last time that I talked to Randall, Denise was there & she was as hateful as hateful could be. She is the one that didn't want Randall to have any friends. And she says she's living in fear! The only fear she has is that some day the truth will come out. Randall, wherever you are, Happy Belated Birthday, & I hope you are having a Great Life! If you only Knew how many people are behind you in this bull*($# lie. And do think she is doing this out of spite because you would not marry her. I think she was freaking out because she thought her parents would find out that she lied about the schooling & sneaking out to see Randall. Yes, there is abuse in the world, & I feel for them, I really do, But when you have these ones that accuse the innocent, They need to be charged for being a stupid Idiot. Randall, you could be living in my back yard, or in my basement, I would never tell. A lot of people feel this way!! And Danielle, Just to let you know, He is not Dead!"
Yes, I have seen some messages elsewhere about this case like this as well-anonymous unverified people & like yourself seem to have a problem with the victim, while thinking this guy is great. Family members maybe? Men who think women should keep their mouths shut & stay in the kitchen & get a slap when they don't? Maybe the man himself?

They seem intent on painting the person found guilty & convicted as some kind of boy scout & the victim as some kind of horrible person who bought everything on herself & somehow deserved it. If this particular person is telling the truth at the end they have withheld information about a fugitive from the authorities, helping him to escape justice & support his behaviour.
Old 06-23-2015, 09:34 AM   #134
soilentgreen
Forum Regular

The mother of Utterback's son posted on here and stated that Randall abused her while she was pregnant, so he did have a history of the behavior. His friends and family think he was a great guy because he probably did have likeable qualities, that's the side of him that they saw, but he apparently did abuse at least two of his girlfriends.

Just like Richard Bare and Michael Cline, I think he's been careful to stay out of reach. While he's a fugitive, no one is actually looking for him and after two decades, it wouldn't be that difficult for him to have established a new identity and life.
soilentgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 12:00 PM   #135
James T

Quote:
Originally Posted by soilentgreen
The mother of Utterback's son posted on here and stated that Randall abused her while she was pregnant, so he did have a history of the behavior. His friends and family think he was a great guy because he probably did have likeable qualities, that's the side of him that they saw, but he apparently did abuse at least two of his girlfriends.

Just like Richard Bare and Michael Cline, I think he's been careful to stay out of reach. While he's a fugitive, no one is actually looking for him and after two decades, it wouldn't be that difficult for him to have established a new identity and life.
It always amazes me how family members & buddies will stay loyal to the person whatever-if a relative of mine killed, raped, stalked somebody/kidnapped them & attempted to kill them etc I would disown them immediately.

Do these people never stop to think how they would feel if somebody did this to one of their family members or friends & that individuals relatives/friends defended them to the hilt, blamed the victim for what happened to them etc?

The worst one was that British guy who killed his wife & kid & his parents defended him despite his ludicrous behaviour & story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Entwistle