Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-08-2018, 07:50 PM   #76
schmave
Forum Regular

The reason I don't think he did it is the exact phrase a few posts above. Mark Nichols is a "dim bulb" - he always struck me that way - and I don't think he's smart enough to have pulled this off as well as the killer apparently did. She hasn't been found in over 30 years?
I always thought there was a chance she did run off. The segment referred to some emotional issues on Christy's part, and those are usually brushed aside in these threads if in fact they existed.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:54 PM   #77
Huskerz85
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmave
The reason I don't think he did it is the exact phrase a few posts above. Mark Nichols is a "dim bulb" - he always struck me that way - and I don't think he's smart enough to have pulled this off as well as the killer apparently did. She hasn't been found in over 30 years?
I always thought there was a chance she did run off. The segment referred to some emotional issues on Christy's part, and those are usually brushed aside in these threads if in fact they existed.
This guy may not have been the sharpest tool in the shed, sure. Boxing up all of her clothes and selling both their vehicles the same day though? Yeah, he definitely did it (though I feel it was done w/little to no planning on his part).

This link goes into more detail.
Huskerz85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 02:36 PM   #78
dynoguy88

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmave
The reason I don't think he did it is the exact phrase a few posts above. Mark Nichols is a "dim bulb" - he always struck me that way - and I don't think he's smart enough to have pulled this off as well as the killer apparently did.
I find myself struggling with that sometimes too. Observing Mark's interview, he came across as probably one of the dumbest (to put it lightly) interviewees ever featured on the show. But there is literally nobody else with a motive to do away with his wife...other than a random evil stranger that just happened upon her at a convenient moment.

It's hard to accept but just because you're an idiot doesn't mean it's impossible to get away with something like this. Look at Richard Bockledge and Randall Utterback. Neither of them have ever struck me as being smart enough to get away with what they did but they have never been caught.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 03:05 PM   #79
schmave
Forum Regular

At the very least, there is some room for doubt although not a lot. He's definitely the most likely suspect. The suitcase thing is pretty damning; even if I pack a suitcase myself for myself, I would struggle to precisely detail all its contents if I'm asked on the fly.
I think even if Christi's remains were to be found today, a conviction is not 100 percent assured. Too much time has passed and while there's a lot of circumstantial evidence, not sure enough or any physical evidence would remain at this point to cinch his guilt.
schmave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 01:49 PM   #80
asmitty
Forum Regular

The biggest advantage for our "dim bulb" Mark Nichols on this case is that we have very little accounting of Mark's movements immediately after Christi went missing. We know from the babysitter that she didn't see Christi come in the night they went out together. And we know Mark dropped off the kids and spent several hours alone the next day. Even for someone who isn't all that bright, he had plenty of time to dispose of her body and take care of things. You don't have to be a genius to dump evidence when you have time on your side.

Also, that 'aw shucks', dim bulb air he gave off could have been an act as well. We're judging him based on a short snippet of TV interview.
asmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 03:16 PM   #81
soilentgreen
Forum Regular

He might have came across as a "dim bulb", but dimwits who are abusers kill their spouses all the time. This is one of the UM cases that I'm surprised never went to a grand jury. Her blood was found in the trunk of Mark's car and she had no reason to suddenly run off and abandon her kids, since she was planning on leaving him and gaining custody. He didn't have to be smart, he was just lucky that Christi's remains have never been located and never had charges filed against him.
soilentgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 04:08 PM   #82
hostedbyrobertstack
Forum Regular

To me, this case has never been about whether he did it or didn't do it, it's obvious to me that he did it. The real point of this case to me is where is she and where did he dispose of her body. I did quite a bit of streetviewing in that area and it is a small town with a lot of farmland surrounding, so there are so many possibilities. Hopefully, someday she will be located.
hostedbyrobertstack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 11:00 AM   #83
asmitty
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by soilentgreen
He might have came across as a "dim bulb", but dimwits who are abusers kill their spouses all the time. This is one of the UM cases that I'm surprised never went to a grand jury. Her blood was found in the trunk of Mark's car and she had no reason to suddenly run off and abandon her kids, since she was planning on leaving him and gaining custody. He didn't have to be smart, he was just lucky that Christi's remains have never been located and never had charges filed against him.
Did the segment mention how much blood was in the trunk of his car. A small amount, while damning, isn't conclusive in court.
Old 03-15-2018, 02:49 PM   #84
asmitty
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hostedbyrobertstack
To me, this case has never been about whether he did it or didn't do it, it's obvious to me that he did it. The real point of this case to me is where is she and where did he dispose of her body. I did quite a bit of streetviewing in that area and it is a small town with a lot of farmland surrounding, so there are so many possibilities. Hopefully, someday she will be located.
I personally think that it's highly possible he burned her body somewhere out in the rural areas around Gothenburg. People burn stuff all the time in rural areas, so he could have done it without much fear anyone would report it or catch him in the act. Once the act was done, a little time would make it very hard to identify what was left as human remains.

It's also possible he buried her. Someone digging a hole, again, is not an uncommon site in rural areas. If he was careful, he wouldn't have drawn any attention doing that either. The only concern in burying the remains is location. If the location of her burial was ever developed and/or used for agriculture in the future, she would most likely be found.
Old 08-24-2018, 08:11 PM   #85
cppeace
First Time Poster

It was only a few drops found in trunk of car and in bedroom. Not enough to really show a major incident.
cppeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 10:57 AM   #86
JC1957
Frequent Poster

No doubt in my mind, Mark killed her.

What baffles me is why any woman would marry an idiot like that in the first place.
JC1957 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 12:04 PM   #87
RedBasket
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC1957 View Post
No doubt in my mind, Mark killed her.

What baffles me is why any woman would marry an idiot like that in the first place.
Yeah, Mark does not exactly come off as the brightest bulb out there. He is a 25 watt guy in a 200 watt world, that is for sure!
RedBasket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 03:16 PM   #88
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBasket View Post
Yeah, Mark does not exactly come off as the brightest bulb out there. He is a 25 watt guy in a 200 watt world, that is for sure!
I really hate those 25 watt bulbs!
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 11:58 AM   #89
crystaldawn

My latest article is about her disappearance.

https://lostnfoundblogs.com/f/christ...ked-for-murder
Old 08-26-2019, 02:57 AM   #90
jbjr56
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn View Post
My latest article is about her disappearance.

https://lostnfoundblogs.com/f/christ...ked-for-murder
Great insight and information as usual with your blogs, Crystal Dawn. Did anyone ever talk to the grown up children about their mother?
It just seemed like she had no where to turn with the stacked against her without the real possibility of losing her kids.

As big as doofus as this a&* is he had the connections and the ability to cover his tracks and too clam up.
jbjr56 is offline   Reply With Quote