Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series
Search Party Moving to HBO Max for Seasons 3 and 4; Disney Gets More Gabby Duran & the Unsittables
2019 New York Comic Con Round Up

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-22-2017, 10:57 AM   #61
hostedbyrobertstack
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKitka731
Speaking of social media, check out what I found on Mark Nichols' (public) page...

Takes tasteless to a WHOLE new level....
Yeah, wow...it's unfortunate that these people will not just admit or let the family know where the body is. Obviously he did it and it's amazing people can live with that every day.
hostedbyrobertstack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 01:08 PM   #62
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

I want to punch that man in the groin. So hard.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 01:14 PM   #63
Hot Jock
Forum Regular

Quote:
Speaking of social media, check out what I found on Mark Nichols' (public) page...

Public you say? I've searched high and low and cannot find his profile. If you (or anybody else) could PM me a direct link to his page I would greatly appreciate it ever so much.
Hot Jock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 01:18 PM   #64
LooksLikeCRicci

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Jock
Public you say? I've searched high and low and cannot find his profile. If you (or anybody else) could PM me a direct link to his page I would greatly appreciate it ever so much.
Oh, if you troll him, please let me know:

Old 08-22-2017, 01:25 PM   #65
Hot Jock
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Jock
Disregard this. I found his sorry ass.
Hot Jock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 02:17 AM   #66
DazzlerSparkler
Sharon Kinne Imposter
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to DazzlerSparkler

Not defending this trash, but it looks like he shared it from another woman post in it. Also do we even know the context?

That bein said its time for the urn with you Mark
Old 08-28-2017, 11:54 AM   #67
LilMissKryssy
" & every sinner has a future"
Forum Regular

I've always wondered why procescutors don't just charge Mark with her murder. It's been 30 years. The odds of her body surfacing without Mark confessing is highly unlikely. The circumstancial evidence is pretty convincing...history of domestic violence with hospital reports, friends/family, lawyer etc. Also, he was the last one to see her alive (just so happens after she met with a lawyer), babysitter never saw her enter the home, blood in the bedroom/car which turns out to be hers, he NEVER asked her grandmother if she had seen/heard from kristi even though he went looking for her? Point is, the circumstantial evidence is very convincing. Also, 30 years later? She's dead. That's all the proof I'd need she's dead. A devoted mother who just decided never to see her children again?
Old 08-28-2017, 12:02 PM   #68
LilMissKryssy
" & every sinner has a future"
Forum Regular

Instead of that meme, he should've reposted a law office by the name of "Killher, Buryher and Lye."
LilMissKryssy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 12:47 PM   #69
LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMissKryssy
Instead of that meme, he should've reposted a law office by the name of "Killher, Buryher and Lye."
HA! Love it.
Old 10-31-2017, 01:45 PM   #70
Huskerz85
Forum Regular

Quote:

Fits in well with this analysis of the case

https://crimeshop.org/2015/11/11/did...ill-be-solved/
Huskerz85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 02:13 AM   #71
Axl Rose
Curtains For Cathy
Frequent Poster

Quote:

LMAO
Axl Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 04:30 PM   #72
Drakken
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMissKryssy
I've always wondered why procescutors don't just charge Mark with her murder. It's been 30 years. The odds of her body surfacing without Mark confessing is highly unlikely. The circumstancial evidence is pretty convincing...history of domestic violence with hospital reports, friends/family, lawyer etc. Also, he was the last one to see her alive (just so happens after she met with a lawyer), babysitter never saw her enter the home, blood in the bedroom/car which turns out to be hers, he NEVER asked her grandmother if she had seen/heard from kristi even though he went looking for her? Point is, the circumstantial evidence is very convincing. Also, 30 years later? She's dead. That's all the proof I'd need she's dead. A devoted mother who just decided never to see her children again?
99.9% sure it is because they do not have enough evidence on Mark to secure even an indictment in front of a Grand Jury, let alone a guilty verdict.

Remember, prosecutors must prove there was a crime and that Mark (and no one else) did it. Beyond a reasonable doubt means that the evidence must corroborate no other story but the one presented by the prosecutor. Otherwise, there is still a reasonable doubt.

All Mark has to do, is to argue that she has abandoned her husband and her family for 30 years, without giving any trace of her whereabouts. What does the prosecution have to counter this? Not a lot, and it is the prosecution who has the burden of proof. There are too many grey areas that Mark can weasel his way out of if cornered, and there is no real evidence beyond reasonable doubt (except the blood evidence) that a crime might even have been committed under corpus delecti. Her body is not needed, however serious material proof that she was killed is needed.
Drakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 08:25 AM   #73
Huskerz85
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakken
99.9% sure it is because they do not have enough evidence on Mark to secure even an indictment in front of a Grand Jury, let alone a guilty verdict.

Remember, prosecutors must prove there was a crime and that Mark (and no one else) did it. Beyond a reasonable doubt means that the evidence must corroborate no other story but the one presented by the prosecutor. Otherwise, there is still a reasonable doubt.

All Mark has to do, is to argue that she has abandoned her husband and her family for 30 years, without giving any trace of her whereabouts. What does the prosecution have to counter this? Not a lot, and it is the prosecution who has the burden of proof. There are too many grey areas that Mark can weasel his way out of if cornered, and there is no real evidence beyond reasonable doubt (except the blood evidence) that a crime might even have been committed under corpus delecti. Her body is not needed, however serious material proof that she was killed is needed.

I'm surprised I didn't think of this until now, but this bears some similarities to another case that happened here in 2006

http://unidentified.wikia.com/wiki/Jessica_O%27Grady

(only difference between the two being, the sheriff found a large amt. of the victim's blood on the likely murder weapon - no weapon was ever found relating back to Nichols)

Going back to this case, I doubt any more that you'll find any material evidence. My bet is the only way this will be solved is if some farmer or hunter unearths bones somewhere....
Huskerz85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 12:09 AM   #74
RedBasket
Frequent Poster

Just watched the full version on Prime today. Mark is such a dim bulb and comes off as heartless. "People think I am violent person...." Ugh - just shut up and come up with a better lie. The whole suitcase thing still makes me laugh - what husband can tell what a woman packs down to such detail? Not many and my hubby knows me like the back of his hand. He could probably say a few things that would be be in my suitcase but not that much......
RedBasket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 09:34 AM   #75
drew790
Forum Regular

Yeeeeeah, I have no doubts on this one. Surprises me looking at the FB that he seems to still have all the family support. No one's like "you killed my mom?"
drew790 is offline   Reply With Quote