Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Punky Brewster links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Punky Brewster Photo Gallery

Punky Brewster - Season One

Buy Punky Brewster - Season One on DVD
Punky Brewster - Season Two

Buy Punky Brewster - Season Two on DVD
Punky Brewster - Season Three

Buy Punky Brewster - Season Three on DVD
Punky Brewster - Season Four

Buy Punky Brewster - Season Four on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > Punky Brewster

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series
Search Party Moving to HBO Max for Seasons 3 and 4; Disney Gets More Gabby Duran & the Unsittables
2019 New York Comic Con Round Up

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-24-2004, 12:08 AM   #1
ClassicTV4Ever
Coming November 27th!

Default DVD News!!!

From www.tvshowsondvd.com

Punky Brewster - You just KNEW this show had to come to DVD!...
Posted by David Lambert
3/23/2004

...and indeed, it will finally arrive on DVD this summer! This press release came across earlier today from Shout! Factory, who is releasing this on June 1st. Even included are episodes of the animated spin-off It's Punky Brewster...this sounds like it will be a fantastic package! Read on:

SPUNKY PUNKY WILL TURN YOUR FROWN UPSIDE DOWN WHEN SHOUT! FACTORY DEBUTS SEASON ONE OF TV SITCOM ON DVD

PUNKY BREWSTER

Punky-Powered Four-Disc DVD Set Includes 23 Episodes Plus New Cast And Crew Interviews, And Episodes From Spin-Off Animated Series, Available On June 1st

LOS ANGELES, CA - Shout! Factory brings back the best of wholesome family television entertainment with the release of the complete first season of Punky Brewster on DVD. Seven-year-old "Punky" challenged goliath "60 Minutes" in the ratings race when the half-hour situation comedy debuted on NBC in 1984, proving American audiences were ready for child-friendly evening programming. Now the effervescent orphan Punky (Soleil Moon Frye), the dour old building manager Henry (George Gaynes), the best friend Cherie (Cherie Johnson), the stuck-up classmate Margaux (Ami Foster), and the huggable Golden Retriever Brandon return to brighten living rooms as a four-disc DVD set, available June 1st for $34.98 (suggested retail price).

The Punky Brewster: Season One four-disc DVD set includes all 23 episodes which aired during the 1984-1985 television season, four episodes of the animated spin-off "It's Punky Brewster" and new interviews with actors Johnson and Foster, creator/executive producer David W. Duclon ("Eve") and writer Barry Vigon ("Martin"). Notable guest stars during this first season include Andy Gibb (two episodes) and Dody Goodman.

Punky Power lives on in the very first collection of episodes from the hit TV show, "Punky Brewster." Soleil Moon-Frye stars as the abandoned little girl with an indomitable spirit who, with her faithful dog Brandon (named after NBC executive Brandon Tartikoff), brings light and laughter into the life of a grumpy, old building manager (George Gaynes). Both a touching portrait of her makeshift family and a joyful ride through her childhood adventures, "Punky Brewster" was a 1980s benchmark in fun, innocent television for kids.

About Shout! Factory: Shout! Factory is a multi-platform integrated entertainment company that was started by Richard Foos -- co-founder of Rhino Records, Bob Emmer - former Warner Music Group and Rhino executive and Garson Foos - former Rhino executive. It focuses on audio music catalog development and home video/DVD projects and television properties. Conceived as a broad-based retro pop culture entertainment label, Shout! Factory video and DVD projects range from live music and music documentary programs to offbeat special interest titles ranging from animation to sports content. Shout! Factory DVDs and CDs are distributed by Sony Music Entertainment.

Punky Brewster - Season One
Street Date: June 1, 2004
Price: $34.98 SRP
Sound: English Stereo

Wow, we're definately excited here! This show was the brainchild of Brandon Tartikoff, who (as mentioned above) was the source of the name of Punky's pet dog. Tartikoff reportedly knew in his youth a real-life "Punky", and thought it made for a great name for a TV series. He not only got the person's permission to use that name, but also got her to have an uncredited cameo on the show as one of Punky's teachers (source: TVTome.com).

We'll be on the lookout for further updates as well as cover art for this, so stay tuned for more. This is a set we all *knew* would have to make it to DVD sooner or later, and we feel lucky that it turned out to be sooner. Well, I feel lucky. Do you feel lucky? Well, do ya...Punky?

WOW! This is utterly fantastic! I'm so glad to see that so many of my favorite childhood shows are coming to DVD. I'm especially excited that the set will include four episodes of "It's Punky Brewster!" which I haven't seen in I don't know how long.
ClassicTV4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 02:01 AM   #2
Moonlit_Suburb
Forum Regular

I just read this a few minutes ago at the site, and what great news this is! This show is perfect for DVD, and I'm VERY excited about this release! Along with Alf (which I'm sure will be released in time) this is one of the 80s shows I wanted most on DVD. Its a childhood favorite I'll cherish forever. Again, this is AWESOME news!
Moonlit_Suburb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 09:07 AM   #3
JoshB80
Frequent Poster

This is awesome news! I just saw the info on the site as well. This was one of my all time favorite tv shows as a kid and the memories will come rolling back once I watch these shows again. Yeah! This is the highlight of my day! Yeah! Can you tell I'm excited?
JoshB80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 03:01 AM   #4
MandieR1980

Send a message via AIM to MandieR1980

I was just at the site and saw it and had to do a double take! I almost started doing backflips I'm so excited now if only The Facts of Life would come out on DVD I'm be one extremely happy girl!

myspace.com/mlr930
MandieR1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 11:47 AM   #5
saywho629
Occasional Poster

Thumbs up

This is some exciting news! I can not wait to get this!!
I agree with mandie, now all we need is the FOL!!!
saywho629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 12:11 AM   #6
musiclvr14
Frequent Poster

Thats so cool! But only season 1 is coming to dvd tho? Are they going to release seasons 2-4 of Punky on DVD soon too? and when will that be? Also where do we buy the season 1 punky dvd when it comes out on June 1? Will it be in stores or can you only order it online? Cuz the www.tvshowondvd.com site says they don't SELL the dvds, just report when dvds will be released, so where do we buy the punky dvd when it does come out?
musiclvr14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 12:20 AM   #7
ClassicTV4Ever
Coming November 27th!

Quote:
Originally posted by musiclvr14
Thats so cool! But only season 1 is coming to dvd tho? Are they going to release seasons 2-4 of Punky on DVD soon too? and when will that be? Also where do we buy the season 1 punky dvd when it comes out on June 1? Will it be in stores or can you only order it online? Cuz the www.tvshowondvd.com site says they don't SELL the dvds, just report when dvds will be released, so where do we buy the punky dvd when it does come out?
Whoa, whoa, calm down, lol. Yes, the first release will only be season 1. I don't think there are any plans to release seasons 2-4 yet until they see how season 1 sells first, because if season 1 sales are poor and they aren't turning a profit, I doubt they'll release the other seasons. So let's just hope that the first season sells well enough And I'm sure the DVD set will be available in stores nationwide.
Old 03-26-2004, 12:30 AM   #8
MandieR1980

Send a message via AIM to MandieR1980

They usually release a season every year.
MandieR1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 05:12 AM   #9
musiclvr14
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by ClassicTV4Ever
Whoa, whoa, calm down, lol. Yes, the first release will only be season 1. I don't think there are any plans to release seasons 2-4 yet until they see how season 1 sells first, because if season 1 sales are poor and they aren't turning a profit, I doubt they'll release the other seasons. So let's just hope that the first season sells well enough And I'm sure the DVD set will be available in stores nationwide.
um whoa whoa whoa calm down too lol! I wasn't mad or nothin - I AM calm! but if you weren't calm reading it, maybe someone else needs to calm down LOL. I was ONLY just askin questions! I didn't see anything so whoa whoa bad about what I said, sheesh lol. Is it wrong to ask questions, or do people always get uptight when questions are asked? and do people always assume and judge others when someone SIMPLY asks a question that you didn't mention in the first place? I didn't see any of those topics talked about in your first post so I thought I'd just ask so people would know where the rest of the seasons were. How was I to know if you didn't say it to begin with and how was I to know if I don't come out and just ask? So I don't know what was so whoa whoa whoa about it, and don't know or understand how you take things, but anyway.... thanks for letting me know the info now tho. So now I know lol. It was all I asked. I thought it was just simple curious reasonable questions, but Sorry if it was THAT much trouble or wrong or something! I read alot of other replies on here that were alot more excited than me, why not whoa, whoa, whoa them too LOL. Anyway I appreciate you answering my questions, I was just offended by your whole whoa calm down stuff, cuz there was nothing wrong with what I asked, and if anyone took what I asked the wrong way then I think someone else needs to calm down lol. I only asked questions, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Last edited by musiclvr14; 03-26-2004 at 05:24 AM.
Old 03-26-2004, 10:29 AM   #10
vashti1999
NY METS - #1
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Is it wrong to ask questions, or do people always get uptight when questions are asked?
Talk about uptight, I think you answered that question with your own post.
Old 03-26-2004, 12:13 PM   #11
ClassicTV4Ever
Coming November 27th!

Quote:
um whoa whoa whoa calm down too lol! I wasn't mad or nothin - I AM calm! but if you weren't calm reading it, maybe someone else needs to calm down LOL. I was ONLY just askin questions! I didn't see anything so whoa whoa bad about what I said, sheesh lol. Is it wrong to ask questions, or do people always get uptight when questions are asked? and do people always assume and judge others when someone SIMPLY asks a question that you didn't mention in the first place? I didn't see any of those topics talked about in your first post so I thought I'd just ask so people would know where the rest of the seasons were. How was I to know if you didn't say it to begin with and how was I to know if I don't come out and just ask? So I don't know what was so whoa whoa whoa about it, and don't know or understand how you take things, but anyway.... thanks for letting me know the info now tho. So now I know lol. It was all I asked. I thought it was just simple curious reasonable questions, but Sorry if it was THAT much trouble or wrong or something! I read alot of other replies on here that were alot more excited than me, why not whoa, whoa, whoa them too LOL. Anyway I appreciate you answering my questions, I was just offended by your whole whoa calm down stuff, cuz there was nothing wrong with what I asked, and if anyone took what I asked the wrong way then I think someone else needs to calm down lol. I only asked questions, and there's nothing wrong with that.
I didn't mean it to be mean. It just semed like you were so excited, that's all. I'm sorry if I offended you
Old 03-26-2004, 01:19 PM   #12
vashti1999
NY METS - #1
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by ClassicTV4Ever
I didn't mean it to be mean. It just semed like you were so excited, that's all. I'm sorry if I offended you
I'd say there's no need to be sorry, there was obviously nothing mean about "Whoa, whoa, calm down". Certainly nothing for someone to write a whole paragraph about.
vashti1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 01:14 PM   #13
ClassicTV4Ever
Coming November 27th!

TVShowsOnDVD.com just posted the cover art
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=1313
Old 03-27-2004, 04:44 PM   #14
Wildchats
Me
Forum Regular

Here I am a few days ago saying "Hmmmm....I can bet PB will never be released, even though it was so great of a show!" And now look! OMG I am definitly buying it! They need to do more 80's shows on DVD. so far Whos the Boss and Punky. What's next?

www.MarkSinacori.com
Check out my website!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3254521/?nmdp=1&
Check out my IMDB page!

https://www.facebook.com/MarkTSinacori
My public facebook! Please like it!

https://www.facebook.com/MarkTSinacori
My twitter page! Please follow me!

www.instagram.com/marksinacrori
My instagram page! Please follow me!
Wildchats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 10:53 PM   #15
musiclvr14
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by vashti1999
Talk about uptight, I think you answered that question with your own post.
your the one thats uptight around here for butting in and sticking your nose in and getting uptight about something that didn't even concern you and didn't involve you in the first place! I bet you'd be the first one to complain if it happened to you, since you have to be so rude about it when it doesn't have anything to do with you NOW! your the one thats ALL I said was that the person could have just answered the questions without ading the unnecisary "whoa, whoa, whoa calm down" stuff, that didn't need to be said and since it was said, then it will get someone offended who wasn't even doing anything wrong but only asked a simple question when everyone else before me were the ones all excited and not me! And if you can't get it or understand that, then you need even more help than I thougt. And if you get all uptight about something that doesn't even concern you your the one that needs to calm down and butt out and don't say anything at all!